Author Topic: Palin  (Read 9892 times)

Offline wreckhog

• Trade Count: (55)
Palin
« on: May 31, 2011, 02:17:11 PM »
She is running a bus tour with no plan or itinerary. Or discussion of issues. She is keeping her name out there and will pull a certain number of votes. I have a hard time believing that she can sustain this for a year+, but is she running for VP?

Is she still soliciting $?

Offline crustylicious

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
  • Reading is fundamental, comprehension optional!
Re: Palin
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2011, 03:44:38 PM »
Stay tuned for Sarah Palin's Road Trip on TLC
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so sure of themselves, and the wiser people so full of doubts." Bertrand Russell
"The speaking in perpetual hyperbole is comely in nothing but love" Francis Bacon, Sr.
Voting is like driving a car- choose (D) to go forward- choose (R) to go backwards!
When all think alike, no one thinks very much. Albert Einstein

Offline bigMikeA

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2011, 05:57:52 PM »
She is running a bus tour with no plan or itinerary. Or discussion of issues. She is keeping her name out there and will pull a certain number of votes. I have a hard time believing that she can sustain this for a year+, but is she running for VP?

Is she still soliciting $?

dude..  I will bet you anything she has a plan and an itenerary.  and seems to me she certainly is discussing the issues.  believe whatever you want but there ain't no question that she can sustain this for as long as she feels like she should.   :) ;) :) ;)

"Is she still soliciting $?"  absolutely.  she's a fool if she ain't and she ain't a fool so....   :) ;) :) ;) :)

Offline Doug B.

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Contributor
  • Still A Kid At Heart - 1971 Honda CT70H
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2011, 12:49:29 AM »
Personally I feel this woman is a nut case.
"Be A Good Listener. Your Ears Will Never Get You In Trouble"

Cadott/Chippewa Falls, WI

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2011, 02:14:27 AM »
she would be a big improvement over the imam we got up there now.
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2011, 03:55:55 AM »
Personally I feel this woman is a nut case.

Uhh yeah, maybe only exceeded by Michele B.....and this time as a chic biker chick for a while...hey, nice leathers. ;D  Imagine mobilizing the female vote in this country just to vote for a female candidate so we get a female prez for the first time ever.......I believe that's what the game plan is....only I don't think alot of female voters care for the Ice Princess of the North all that much...

..TM7
  TM;
   When talking about screwy women, how did you happen to omit Michelle O. ? 
       Beyond that, some of you guysseem unduly concerned with Sarah Palin....someone you seem to think is ineffective anyway !  ;D
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Junior1942

• Trade Count: (1)
    • The Frugal Outdoorsman
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2011, 04:03:55 AM »
Those of us who want Obama to win in 2012 are really, really, really hoping Palin gets the Republican nomination.

Offline Dixie Dude

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2011, 04:08:28 AM »
Everyone I have talked to and know will vote for anyone over Obama.  They don't really care who it is.  They want him OUT.

Offline magooch

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2011, 04:20:23 AM »
Those of us who want Obama to win in 2012 are really, really, really hoping Palin gets the Republican nomination.

Do you really hate this country so much that you want it to utterly fail under the obamanation, or is it that you secretly really, really want Sarah to whip his butt?
Swingem

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2011, 04:22:26 AM »
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Junior; 
  Do BOTH of you feel that way ? ;) :D ;D
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Junior1942

• The Frugal Outdoorsman
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2011, 04:43:04 AM »

Do you really hate this country so much that you want it to utterly fail under the obamanation, or is it that you secretly really, really want Sarah to whip his butt?
You must be deaf and blind to not know that this country was on the brink of failure when Obama took office.  Or do you simply refuse to believe what doesn't reinforce your opinion?  Google "cognitive dissonance" please.

Offline teddy12b

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2011, 10:35:51 AM »
I'm trying to follow her bus tour, but it seems like a good excuse for her to see more of the country and keep her name out there.  I like Sarah, and I like who she is, but I don't think I like the idea of her being the president. 

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2011, 10:43:09 AM »
ABO....anybody but Obama... ;) :D

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2011, 10:49:16 AM »
You must be deaf and blind to not know that this country was on the brink of failure when Obama took office.  Or do you simply refuse to believe what doesn't reinforce your opinion?  Google "cognitive dissonance" please.
[/quote]

From where I sit, it's still on the brink of failure and electing our life, and care givers to high public office would just add to the problem."I better duck" Both sides will come after the (MCP) Male Chauvinist Pig for that remark!Women (IMO) think with their hearts, which is a good thing if raising a family.Could be a catastrophic thing, when their finger is on the Button.

What we need are Constitutional, leaning men with support from their wives to bring this country back on line.You would have to be deaf or blind not to see this isn't happening with Obama, and the Liberals in the House and Senate. Both Republican and Democrat!

Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2011, 11:00:40 AM »
obama as a lame duck would spell total ruin of this country.
the only thing kinda holding him in check is the next election.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2011, 11:26:58 AM »

Not near as much as the last Nov election did.
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.

Offline teddy12b

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2011, 11:32:29 AM »

Not near as much as the last Nov election did.

As strong as the last election was, the message still wasn't heard, by either party.  We're going to need to send in even more new faces in '12.

As much as I like who Sarah Palin is as a person, I have to admit that I wouldn't listen to the same speach from an ugly person.  Part of her appeal to the public is her "appeal" to the public.  She's going to get a lot of hate from the big girls who never got asked to prom.

Offline powderman

« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2011, 12:36:50 PM »
Everyone I have talked to and know will vote for anyone over Obama.  They don't really care who it is.  They want him OUT.

YEP. POWDERMAN.  ;D ;D
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline OldSchoolRanger

• Trade Count: (60)
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2011, 02:27:02 PM »
"You are entitled to your own opinions, but you are not entitled to your own facts." - Sen. Daniel Patrick Moynihan

When you allow a lie to go unchallenged, it becomes the truth.

My quandary, I personally, don't think I have enough Handi's but, I know I have more Handi's than I really need or should have.

Offline OldSchoolRanger

• Trade Count: (60)
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2011, 02:33:33 PM »

From where I sit, it's still on the brink of failure and electing our life, and care givers to high public office would just add to the problem."I better duck" Both sides will come after the (MCP) Male Chauvinist Pig for that remark!Women (IMO) think with their hearts, which is a good thing if raising a family.Could be a catastrophic thing, when their finger is on the Button.

What we need are Constitutional, leaning men with support from their wives to bring this country back on line.You would have to be deaf or blind not to see this isn't happening with Obama, and the Liberals in the House and Senate. Both Republican and Democrat!
[/quote]
Not necessarily, I think if Sarah Palin became a female President along the lines of Britains' Margaret Thatcher the Iron Lady, it would be a BIG improvement over our current President.  Come to think of it, anyone would be an improvement over our current President.  :o  ;D
"You are entitled to your own opinions, but you are not entitled to your own facts." - Sen. Daniel Patrick Moynihan

When you allow a lie to go unchallenged, it becomes the truth.

My quandary, I personally, don't think I have enough Handi's but, I know I have more Handi's than I really need or should have.

Offline hillbill

« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2011, 03:25:15 PM »
if she does run which i dont think she will i would vote for her if she was the gop candidate.i like her, she makes sense, she is a smart lady or she would not be where she is.above all i think she has more common sense than anything the dems can put out there.personally i think she is just haveing a great time seeing america and enjoying her fans.the press has ripped her so hard im not sure there is anything else they can do to her.they have fabricated dozens of skeletons in her closet but have never made one stick.ive not seen her make a stupid move yet.im not sure id of teamed up with mccain. but heck why not give it a run for the money?i liked mccain as a person just wasnt so sure on his record, but what he went thru for his country was the ultimate sacrifice.it mite of convinced me to run with him also.summary is i think she is just enjoying life and haveing fun!every girl wants to be the belle of the ball once in her life!

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2011, 04:17:03 PM »
I'll vote for Sarah.  Her hobbys are my hobbys.
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing  1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline lakota

• Trade Count: (26)
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2011, 05:01:52 PM »
If Sarah Palin is such an idiot and is so inept then why does the media constantly attack her? Why dont they just dismiss her and pay her no mind?
Hi NSA! Can you see how many fingers I am holding up?

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2011, 05:12:05 PM »
I agrere with NW hiunter ..to a point.  Women often do think with their hearts (emotions) while generally men are more inclined to logic. There are notable exceptions however, ..Golda Maier and as Oldschool Ranger said, Maggie Thatcher "the Iron lady'.  In reality. liberals generally think with emotion and conservatives with logic..and that is a stronger divide than gender.  In other words (IMO) liberal men are more emotion driven than conservative women...thus a conservative woman is a better, more logical leader than a liberal man.

Teddy is correct on two points..
  1)  The last 92010) election spoke LOUD AND CLEAR..but neither major party heard it !  Must be deaf to the electorate..

2) He hit right on, I believe much of the resentment toward Sarah Palin comes from the plain girls who nobody whistles at.. ;) :D
...and as a way of "preserving domestic tranquillity",...from their husbands..  ;) ;D ;D

Offline Doug B.

• Contributor
  • Still A Kid At Heart - 1971 Honda CT70H
« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2011, 06:06:59 PM »

Swampman for President?
"Be A Good Listener. Your Ears Will Never Get You In Trouble"

Cadott/Chippewa Falls, WI

Offline gypsyman

« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2011, 06:24:58 PM »
Why does everyone that says, we were on the brink of diasaster, blame Bush. I seem to remember the Democrats were running both house's of congress. I guess that part doesn't count. gypsyman
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline streak

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2011, 06:38:50 PM »

Swampman for President?
Yeah! " Even Swampman would be better than what we have now!! ;D ;D
NRA Life time Member
North American Hunting Club
Second Amendment Foundation
Gun Owners of America
Handgun Hunters International

Offline wreckhog

« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2011, 11:20:46 PM »
The general distrust of women in power is as follows. I don't trust anything that bleeds for 7 days and doesn't die. Most women in power look like trucks and are past the age of having kids. Palin could be a pregnant President. That would be excellent. In my mom's time, an employer could discrimninate against and not hire a married woman as they might get pregnant. America not too long ago. Would getting pregnant take her out and step up the VP? Many soldiers now get pregnant on combat tours and get shipped out.

Offline wreckhog

« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2011, 11:46:27 PM »
http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2011/02/04/palin-leads-gop-presidential-hopeful-fundraising-race

As someone once said (paraphrased), the answer to "why" is always "money". I assume that even if she does not run, she keeps it.

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2011, 03:49:11 AM »

Being Prez is not a hobby...first skill is to be able to take 'orders' from your superiors that put you in that office...

there is nothing superior about the folks that elected the kenyan.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye