Author Topic: Palin  (Read 9898 times)

Offline Junior1942

• Trade Count: (1)
    • The Frugal Outdoorsman
Re: Palin
« Reply #60 on: June 04, 2011, 09:37:55 AM »
Thanks, Crusty!!  Man, if she manages to get the Republican nomination--heaven forbid!!--there's no way her people will let her debate Obama live!!

Offline Siskiyou

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #61 on: June 04, 2011, 10:08:36 AM »

Somebody needs brighter lights!  Wow, I came out of my history class with a little different take on Paul.  Anybody have a Alaska History book to check and see what is says? :o
There is a learning process to effectively using a gps.  Do not throw your compass and map away!

Boycott: San Francisco, L.A., Oakland, and City of Sacramento, CA.

Offline wreckhog

• Trade Count: (55)
« Reply #62 on: June 04, 2011, 01:34:04 PM »
She's a tool for sure  ;D ;D ;D ;D

So Paul Revere's ride was about gun control?

Offline us920669

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #63 on: June 04, 2011, 02:13:11 PM »
I didn't think her remarks were that bad and her heart was certainly in the right place.  You could fill a very thick book with much dumber things said by well-respected presidents.  I watched the VP debate with Biden in '08 and she handled herself pretty well.  "Can I call ya Joe" was priceless.  He was a bit more polished, as you would expect, but some of the things he said made my blood run cold.  I can't believe the people elected him.  He is a gaff-master without equal - deep-throats his own Florshime all the time.

Big media threw everything they had at her because she is such a threat.  She is a feminist who does whatever she wants without crying victim, and how about the democratic buzz word "working families".  Show them one and they run away screaming.  That being said, I hope she doesn't run - I like her too much.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #64 on: June 04, 2011, 04:28:45 PM »
  Actually, to anyone familiar with Revolutionary War history, Palin was not that far off! The minutemen were expecting the British troops to make a foray toward Lexington & Concord, the only questions being what hour and by what means of travel ?  Paul Revere and William Dawes both waited across the Charles river for lanterns to be hung in the Old North Church which would be the signal as to whether by land (by way of Boston Neck) or by sea (across the Charles).
  Why did the British decide to move into Lexington and Concord ?  Simple; they had received intel that the minutemen had a stash of powder, ammo and weapons in those towns.  The minutemen made their stand at the Concord bridge and sent George III a message in gunpowder and lead, saying..."no, we won't give up our guns and ammo" !
  So, there you go..  bells, guns and ammo, riding his horse through towns..and the colonial's desire to keep their guns and ammo !  Other items which built up to the confrontation were self-centered leadership and intrusive government. 
      Not too complicated; and much of the same things the Tea Party of today stands for...
   Her statements, though hard for the non-history oriented individual to understand, make much more sense than "57 states", Marine (actually Navy) "corpse-man", Austrians ..speaking the "Austrian language".. ;) :D
      Then there was Bill Clinton in Rome..claiming it was such a privilege to "stand where Romulus stood".  So Sarah is at least as well informed a couple recent presidents.
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline yellowtail3

• Oh father of the four winds, fill my sails!
« Reply #65 on: June 04, 2011, 08:31:48 PM »
When talking about screwy women, how did you happen to omit Michelle O. ? 
       Beyond that, some of you guysseem unduly concerned with Sarah Palin....someone you seem to think is ineffective anyway !  ;D

I'll take a guess: because Mrs. Obama isn't running for Prez, or dangling likelihood of?

Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline Doug B.

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Contributor
  • Still A Kid At Heart - 1971 Honda CT70H
« Reply #66 on: June 05, 2011, 01:08:28 AM »
You guys can banter back and forth all you want. I still will refer back to my original post and simply say.....

Personally I feel this woman is a nut case.

Now on to to some more worthwhile posts/conversations in this forum
"Be A Good Listener. Your Ears Will Never Get You In Trouble"

Cadott/Chippewa Falls, WI

Offline beerbelly

« Reply #67 on: June 05, 2011, 02:14:34 AM »
I'll bet you voted for the Jessie the body for governor!

Offline wreckhog

« Reply #68 on: June 05, 2011, 03:43:53 AM »
  Actually, to anyone familiar with Revolutionary War history, Palin was not that far off! The minutemen were expecting the British troops to make a foray toward Lexington & Concord, the only questions being what hour and by what means of travel ?  Paul Revere and William Dawes both waited across the Charles river for lanterns to be hung in the Old North Church which would be the signal as to whether by land (by way of Boston Neck) or by sea (across the Charles).
  Why did the British decide to move into Lexington and Concord ?  Simple; they had received intel that the minutemen had a stash of powder, ammo and weapons in those towns.  The minutemen made their stand at the Concord bridge and sent George III a message in gunpowder and lead, saying..."no, we won't give up our guns and ammo" !
  So, there you go..  bells, guns and ammo, riding his horse through towns..and the colonial's desire to keep their guns and ammo !  Other items which built up to the confrontation were self-centered leadership and intrusive government. 
      Not too complicated; and much of the same things the Tea Party of today stands for...
   Her statements, though hard for the non-history oriented individual to understand, make much more sense than "57 states", Marine (actually Navy) "corpse-man", Austrians ..speaking the "Austrian language".. ;) :D
      Then there was Bill Clinton in Rome..claiming it was such a privilege to "stand where Romulus stood".  So Sarah is at least as well informed a couple recent presidents.
For Palin to be right, you would have to accept that American history has been wrong for the last several hundred years. Which actually seems to be the case. Since America did not exist yet, everyone was British, even the patriots. And since the patriots were an armed militia, you could make the case that the patriots were British troops. When Paul Revere said that the British were coming, he meant that he was British and he was coming. So American history is wrong, and Palin is right. Hopefully, when she is elected, she will change the schoolbooks.

Offline gypsyman

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #69 on: June 05, 2011, 04:02:03 AM »
I think some of you guys are worried that if tested, she probably has more testosterone that you do.  ;D gypsyman
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline Doug B.

• Contributor
  • Still A Kid At Heart - 1971 Honda CT70H
« Reply #70 on: June 05, 2011, 04:04:08 AM »
I'll bet you voted for the Jessie the body for governor!

I actually thought about writing in Mr. McGoo before I voted for "Governor" Scott Walker here in Wisconsin. I use the term "Governor" loosely.
"Be A Good Listener. Your Ears Will Never Get You In Trouble"

Cadott/Chippewa Falls, WI

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #71 on: June 05, 2011, 04:12:38 AM »
 Wreckhog;
   That parsing of words does not excuse your incorrect assumptions.  By April 18, 1775, the minutemen and other patriots already were considering themselves not to be British ! To think otherwise, would be naive in the extreme, since the patriots at Concord had already decided to resist the "British" forces.
  To suggest that Paul Revere rode through the towns effectively shouting .."I am coming' or "we are coming', is a bit ludicrous, is it not ?
  The fact remains that although Sarah did not give a point for point, verbatim account; she was accurate in that Revere was alerting patriots that British troops under Gen Thomas Gage, were sent toward Lexington & Concord with the aim of seizing suspected caches of arms and ammunition.  The patriots told the British forces they won't be giving them up !
  Proof of the patriot's view was shouted by patriots on the scene when british Maj Pitcairn demanded that the minutemen lay down their arms and honor George III their "sovereign & king"..
  The patriots John Adams and John Hancock  answered back, " we will have no sovereign but God and no king but Jesus".

Palin stands essentially correct...you should be applauding her stance favoring the 2nd amendmemnt !.
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Savage_99

• Contributor
« Reply #72 on: June 05, 2011, 07:35:26 AM »
The replies on this topics first page are incredibly ill informed and pathetic.

It makes this forum look bad.

I will vote for anyone more conservative than Obama.

Offline crustylicious

• A Real Regular
  • Reading is fundamental, comprehension optional!
« Reply #73 on: June 05, 2011, 07:53:18 AM »
Bad news for the pinko panty wetting dumycrat libtards, she will run! Her bumper sticker has already gone viral!

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so sure of themselves, and the wiser people so full of doubts." Bertrand Russell
"The speaking in perpetual hyperbole is comely in nothing but love" Francis Bacon, Sr.
Voting is like driving a car- choose (D) to go forward- choose (R) to go backwards!
When all think alike, no one thinks very much. Albert Einstein

Offline wreckhog

« Reply #74 on: June 05, 2011, 08:33:20 AM »
Wreckhog;
   That parsing of words does not excuse your incorrect assumptions.  By April 18, 1775, the minutemen and other patriots already were considering themselves not to be British ! To think otherwise, would be naive in the extreme, since the patriots at Concord had already decided to resist the "British" forces.
  To suggest that Paul Revere rode through the towns effectively shouting .."I am coming' or "we are coming', is a bit ludicrous, is it not ?
  The fact remains that although Sarah did not give a point for point, verbatim account; she was accurate in that Revere was alerting patriots that British troops under Gen Thomas Gage, were sent toward Lexington & Concord with the aim of seizing suspected caches of arms and ammunition.  The patriots told the British forces they won't be giving them up !
  Proof of the patriot's view was shouted by patriots on the scene when british Maj Pitcairn demanded that the minutemen lay down their arms and honor George III their "sovereign & king"..
  The patriots John Adams and John Hancock  answered back, " we will have no sovereign but God and no king but Jesus".

Palin stands essentially correct...you should be applauding her stance favoring the 2nd amendmemnt !.
Her response appears to be that Paul Revere made several rides and that she was talking about the less familiar one.

While Sarah Palin said today she still doesn’t know whether she’ll run for president in 2012, she said she’s certain about something else -- her American history.

Palin attracted some attention last week during her bus tour up the Eastern seaboard for saying that Paul Revere actually warned the British and not the colonists ahead of the Revolutionary War.

“You know what, I didn’t mess up about Paul Revere,” Palin said in an interview of “Fox News Sunday.” Here’s what Paul revere did, he warned the Americans that the British were coming, the British were coming, and they were going to try to take our arms away and we gotta make sure that we were protecting ourselves and shoring up all our ammunitions and our firearms so that they couldn’t take them, but remember that the British had already been there.”

Here’s how Palin re-told the classic Revolutionary War-era story last week while visiting Revere’s house in Boston:

"He who warned the, the British that they weren't gonna be taking away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells and, um, by making sure that as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that, uh, we were gonna be secure and we were gonna be free, and we were gonna be armed," the former Alaska governor said.

As ABC News' Sheila Marikar reported last week, Revere did not ring bells on his midnight ride, which was in fact a covert mission to warn John Hancock and Samuel Adams about the approaching British army.

But when pressed by Fox News’ Chris Wallace on Sunday about her interpretation of American history, Palin insisted that she got the story right. She continued by saying that Revere was a courier and didn’t make just one ride.

“Part of his ride was to warn the British that we were already there, that hey, you’re not going to succeed,” Palin said. “You’re not gonna take American arms. You are not going to beat our own well armed persons, individual private militia that we have. He did warn the British.”

Palin wrote off the occurrence as a “shout-out, gotcha” question, telling Wallace that she knows her American history.

Offline nomosendero

« Reply #75 on: June 05, 2011, 08:53:45 AM »
I think some of you guys are worried that if tested, she probably has more testosterone that you do.  ;D gypsyman

Good one!!
For some of the Libs that's a given!!
You will not make peace with the Bluecoats, you are free to go.

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #76 on: June 05, 2011, 12:00:08 PM »
she has NOT stated that she hates America, like a certain first lady.
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline us920669

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #77 on: June 05, 2011, 01:30:02 PM »
I think that we have beat the Paul Revere thing to death.  She got the basics of the story right, although her presentation was a bit garbled.  It's not easy to compose statements like that on the fly, and the Prez and VP have done far worse speaking off the cuff.

What we have here is an intelligent and capable person from the real world who offered herself for public service and was propelled very far in a very short amount of time.  For this reason she is a little rough around the edges and probably needs more seasoning.  As I indicated earlier, she threatens several key democratic narratives, so Big Media did such a tap dance on her in '09 that she is probably not electable at this time.  One of our posters in this thread even feels she is a "nut case", although I can't imagine why.

In another thread a while back I predicted that the democrats were already sick of Obama and would try to make Hillary president in '12.  That is probably a long shot, but if true there will be a temptation to run Palin against her.  If so I think the people would vote for Clinton's broader experience.  Her running mate would probably be a fresh-faced pretty boy no one has even heard of yet.  But if Obama runs in '12 I think he will need a new VP, as Biden will be much older and probably even daffier by '16.  One dark horse possibility is Mrs. Sibelius, now the HHS chief.  She was once a lobbyist for the trial lawyers and is apparently sharp as a tack at fronting for liberal special interests.  I have never met the lady but from what I have seen, I would say she is about as exciting as a pile of dog poop.  If she went head to head with Palin in '16 it would be a race Palin could easily win on the basis of personality alone.         

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #78 on: June 05, 2011, 01:59:50 PM »
Wreckhog;
  She did get the basic facts correct and you can go on insisting the patriots and minutemen were British..

However her statement was much closer to factual than ANY of these statements:

"  Not too complicated; and much of the same things the Tea Party of today stands for...
   Her statements, though hard for the non-history oriented individual to understand, make much more sense than "57 states", Marine (actually Navy) "corpse-man", Austrians ..speaking the "Austrian language".. 
      Then there was Bill Clinton in Rome..claiming it was such a privilege to "stand where Romulus stood".  So Sarah is at least as well informed a couple recent presidents."

So she is just as qualified as those two clowns..

Offline wreckhog

« Reply #79 on: June 06, 2011, 01:45:29 AM »
Wreckhog;
  She did get the basic facts correct and you can go on insisting the patriots and minutemen were British..

"  Not too complicated; and much of the same things the Tea Party of today stands for...
   Her statements, though hard for the non-history oriented individual to understand, make much more sense than "57 states", Marine (actually Navy) "corpse-man", Austrians ..speaking the "Austrian language".. 
      Then there was Bill Clinton in Rome..claiming it was such a privilege to "stand where Romulus stood".  So Sarah is at least as well informed a couple recent presidents."

It is a fact that they were British unless you can show that the majority of them carried some other citizenship.

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #80 on: June 06, 2011, 02:20:46 AM »
TM7, your memory is another one of the short things about you.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline us920669

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #81 on: June 06, 2011, 03:22:44 AM »
I don't understand the bumper sticker.

About the patriots, yes they had studied English literature and they spoke English - probably very well - and they had been raised in the English tradition and I'm sure they knew their English history a lot better than any of us.  But they were risking their very lives on the notion that they were Americans, not Englishmen.  They guy who thought they were British was named King George.  That was the whole point of the revolution.

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #82 on: June 06, 2011, 05:08:34 AM »
TM7, I'm not gonna sit here and search.  I'm just gonna enjoy seeing you get your dander up.
but she did say it.
modified--- actually I did go search and here's what I found.
she said, "for the first time in my adult life, I'm proud of my country"
I take that to mean, we finally have a socialist country and us blacks will put you whiteys in your place.  remember, they sat all those years and listened to a so-called preacher spew his hatred of america.
when you do that, you are validating  what the preacher says.  he asked GOD to damn America.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #83 on: June 06, 2011, 06:40:46 AM »
Wreckhog;

It is a fact that they were British unless you can show that the majority of them carried some other citizenship.
  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wreckhog;
   Your above statement shos everyone here that you are indeed 'clutching at straws' in an attempt to be seen as credible.  In post #78, I already said the patriots and minutemen already did not CONSIDER themselves as British..and that's all which is needed for a conflict.
  As far as many of the colonials, especially those on the frontiers; I doubt many had any citizenship papers...or at least any more convincing citizenship papers than does Obama. ;) :D ;D

Offline yellowtail3

• Oh father of the four winds, fill my sails!
« Reply #84 on: June 06, 2011, 06:54:46 AM »
TM7, I'm not gonna sit here and search.  I'm just gonna enjoy seeing you get your dander up.
I must have missed that one, too - Michele Obama said that she hates America? I'd like to see a video of that, or a quote (other than one someone just pulled out his... back pocket)
but she did say it.
Did she? When, where?
modified--- actually I did go search and here's what I found.
she said, "for the first time in my adult life, I'm proud of my country"
Oh - so she DID NOT say that she hates America. Alrighty.
I take that to mean, we finally have a socialist country and us blacks will put you whiteys in your place.  remember, they sat all those years and listened to a so-called preacher spew his hatred of america.
when you do that, you are validating  what the preacher says.  he asked GOD to damn America.
Hmmm... I think this falls under the heading of, Don't let the truth get in the way of a satisfying (ideologically driven) lie.
Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #85 on: June 06, 2011, 08:06:49 AM »
Yellow;
  The question still remains;
  Was she not proud of her country when she learned of;

A) The 100 hour liberation of Kuwait by US Forces.
 B) The sacrifice of hundreds of thousands of American lives in eliminating slavery (1861-1865)
 C) Women receiving the right to vote
 D) The rescue of millions of people around the world..from floods, earthquakes, typhoons, volcanic activities etc.
 E) The campaign against diseases around the world..in the far east, Africa, middle east & Oceania.
 F) The flight to and human exploration of the moon.
 G) The construction of the Panama Canal.
 H) Our fight against Nazism 1941-1945.
 I) The dismantling of the "iron Curtain".
 J) The freedoms offered by our constitution, which few other nations have.
 K) the very creation of the US, the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution.
 L) Food being shipped (without strings) to hungry peoples around the world.
 M) Our standing firmly for freedom wherever in the world it starts to take root.
 N) Unlike many great powers, our refusal to be imperalistic (e.g.  Germany, Japan, Cuba, Philipines, Panama and others).
 O) The refusal of our troops in recent conflicts , to resort to beheadings and body burnings, as our enemy does.

These, just to mention a few, are plenty of reasons for any reasonably bright person to be 'proud" of the USA, long before 2008.  How is it possible that before 2008, she could find NO... NOT ONE reason to be proud of this country ?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile TM;
   I'll leave the "flub detangling" work for you.  You're already doing a credibly good job for michelle O. ;) ;D

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #86 on: June 06, 2011, 08:13:58 AM »
  TM says;
     " she hates the USA and whitey crackers"

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

TM...The derogatory term you used says much more about YOU ..than it does about the people you are trying to disparage..

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #87 on: June 06, 2011, 08:14:46 AM »
sounds like yellowtail and tm7 pay their tithes to the rev wright.

Ironglow, those are some really good points. thx
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline magooch

« Reply #88 on: June 06, 2011, 08:34:49 AM »
Bad news for the pinko panty wetting dumycrat libtards, she will run! Her bumper sticker has already gone viral!

Hey, I'll take 2 1/2 years of Sarah any day, over the commie redistributionist that is pretending to be president these days.
Swingem

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #89 on: June 06, 2011, 08:36:27 AM »
sounds like yellowtail and tm7 pay their tithes to the rev wright.

Ironglow, those are some really good points. thx
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yep!  That derogatory term sounds like a "Wrightism'.. ;D :P

Sure enough; couldn't even the dimmest of wits find something to be proud of the USA for since 1776 !   ;) :D :P