Author Topic: Palin  (Read 9893 times)

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
Re: Palin
« Reply #90 on: June 06, 2011, 10:48:34 AM »
tm7, you didn't vote for bho????  you sure can't tell it by your rants.  and if you noticed I modified what I thought she said with what she DID say.  look it up.
the muslims in the whitehouse showed what they are made of by listening to a USA hater for twenty years.
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline DDZ

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #91 on: June 06, 2011, 11:11:59 AM »
If she just mis-spoke, why would she have added "for the first time in my adult life"? Adding that much, with that content doesn't sound like a slip of the tongue. I think she said exactly what she meant. Although she might not have wanted to say it, but in the heat of the moment with America electing her communist husband, and all. She was really proud of America for the first time in her adult life.     
Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.    Wm. Penn

Offline DDZ

« Reply #92 on: June 06, 2011, 11:20:13 AM »
TM, if you didn't vote for Barack Hussein you probably should have. You certainly seem to pour out a lot of support for him. Also I can't really remember you having anything good to say about any Conservative at anytime.   
Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.    Wm. Penn

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #93 on: June 06, 2011, 04:01:08 PM »
tm7, you didn't vote for bho????  you sure can't tell it by your rants.  and if you noticed I modified what I thought she said with what she DID say.  look it up.
the muslims in the whitehouse showed what they are made of by listening to a USA hater for twenty years.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

Bugeye;
  Of course TM didn't vote for B. Hussein Obama... not when he could do a 'write-in' for Mullah Omar.. ;) ;D
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #94 on: June 06, 2011, 04:03:01 PM »
TM says;
   "IG,,,you of all people naturally.....are taking what Michele Obama said like more raw meat--your main bivovac food on the great witch hunt...taking her comment out of context, and transposing to the context of your own personal rational scheme of things "
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
   Not out of context at all, but taken directly from her "hate America" spiel. 
           http://video.search.yahoo.com/search/video?p=for+the+first+time+in+my+life+michelle+obama
      ....She sounds like she is simply extrapolating upon her Princeton thesis.
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #95 on: June 06, 2011, 04:18:05 PM »
   In any case Palin was correct in saying that Paul Revere (as well as William Dawes) was warning the British..as well as the patriots.
  However; he was warning them of different situations.  First, he was warning the patriots that the British troops were indeed coming and secondly, he... along with the patriots at  Lexington and Concord were warning the British troops not to try to take their guns & ammo away !
  As with some politicians of today, the British politicians of 1775..just weren't listening.  ..And as with the Tea Party of that era, today's Tea Party is the only group truly speaking out with volume..concerning our basic constitutional rights...

Offline dukkillr

• Moderators
    • The Daily Limit
« Reply #96 on: June 06, 2011, 04:50:18 PM »
Please focus on the topic and not each other.  Some of you know better.

Offline yellowtail3

• Oh father of the four winds, fill my sails!
« Reply #97 on: June 06, 2011, 07:50:33 PM »
Yellow;
  The question still remains;
You may have questions, but here's a plain fact you can put in your pocket: that Bug lied when he said that M Obama said she hated America. I'm sure you would have called him on it, though, being that you're in favor of the truth and not shading it to fit ideological preferences - right?
Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #98 on: June 07, 2011, 03:58:09 AM »
tm7 and yt3, when you sit and listen to a so-called preacher spew hatred for america for 20 years, that means you hate it too.  if my preacher did that just ONE time, I'd be looking for a new church.

Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline wreckhog

• Trade Count: (55)
« Reply #99 on: June 07, 2011, 04:52:55 AM »
Wreckhog;
  She did get the basic facts correct and you can go on insisting the patriots and minutemen were British..

However her statement was much closer to factual than ANY of these statements:

"  Not too complicated; and much of the same things the Tea Party of today stands for...
   Her statements, though hard for the non-history oriented individual to understand, make much more sense than "57 states", Marine (actually Navy) "corpse-man", Austrians ..speaking the "Austrian language".. 
      Then there was Bill Clinton in Rome..claiming it was such a privilege to "stand where Romulus stood".  So Sarah is at least as well informed a couple recent presidents."

So she is just as qualified as those two clowns..
It is a fact that they were British unless you can show that the majority of them carried some other citizenship.
  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wreckhog;
   Your above statement shos everyone here that you are indeed 'clutching at straws' in an attempt to be seen as credible.  In post #78, I already said the patriots and minutemen already did not CONSIDER themselves as British..and that's all which is needed for a conflict.
  As far as many of the colonials, especially those on the frontiers; I doubt many had any citizenship papers...or at least any more convincing citizenship papers than does Obama. ;) :D ;D
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/06/06/sarah-palin-paul-revere-wikipedia_n_871795.html

most colonial residents at the time considered themselves British as they were all legally British subjects.

Offline us920669

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #100 on: June 07, 2011, 05:51:18 AM »
The ones who dumped the tea in the harbor weren't very good subject of the crown.

Let's lighten up with a good story.  A bunch of us were sitting around the gun show on a slow day and a guy started talking.  He lived on the same patch of ground in southern Virginia that his family had owned for centuries, down in the flatland were it was a lot harder to be a patriot than up in the foothills, were guys like Jefferson lived.  Anyway, his ancestors had gotten mixed up with Bacon's Rebellion, sort of a warm-up to the Revolution that didn't turn out too well.  People went to jail and they lost some property, so when the real revolution came along, they stayed pro-British, as did many.  Another had been a Confederate officer.  Then he says, "My father served in WW II, so things started looking good, but then I went to Viet Nam, so I guess the curse is back on". 

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #101 on: June 07, 2011, 06:04:46 AM »
Wreckhog posts;
      http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/06/06/sarah-palin-paul-revere-wikipedia_n_871795.html

most colonial residents at the time considered themselves British as they were all legally British subjects.
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
  Wreck;
     This may come as a surprise to you, but I don't look to Huffpost as an authority on anything....other than left wing blather !
  I also am even presumtuous enough to assume very few on the forum do either.

Suggested reading for more real info:
  A)  "Rise To Rebellion" and "The Glorious Cause"... both by Jeff Shaara  (read #1 and am half way through #2) and both a better source of truth than Huffpost !
      http://www.amazon.com/Rise-Rebellion-Jeff-Shaara/dp/0345452062
   Gives an excellent picture of the colonial mood.

B) "1776" by David McCullough..    Again, a clearer, less biased, picture than Huffpost offers.
          http://www.amazon.com/1776-David-McCullough/dp/0743226712

Offline us920669

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #102 on: June 07, 2011, 06:16:14 AM »
TM, the statistic changed with the situation.  During Washington's Valley Forge period almost everyone though he was a dangerous radical who would soon be attending a necktie party.  But when he drove the British out of Trenton and their entire position started to unravel, fingers in the wind told the man in the street that it was time for a change.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #103 on: June 07, 2011, 08:55:37 AM »
ATTN: Wreckhog;

http://hotair.com/archives/2011/06/06/historians-agree-palin-was-right-about-revere/

http://bloodthirstyliberal.com/?p=15828

Now, you have to admit that is much more honest & correct than "57-60 states" and  Austrians "speaking Austrian" or even the act of sucking suds while 'God Save The Queen' is being played.....
     The real problem with you lefties is that you simply refuse to admit Palin has more natural intelligence than B Hussein.  ;) :D

...While everyone else already has it figured out !

One thing this thread has proven...that you take your marching orders from the (often mistaken) far lrft media.. ;D ;D

Offline wreckhog

« Reply #104 on: June 07, 2011, 01:46:42 PM »
Every question is a gotcha question for Palin

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #105 on: June 07, 2011, 02:03:10 PM »
Below, see some pics of Sarah giving a speech.  Besides being better looking than anyone in the B Hussein family, there are some other points to be noted...

There are at least 3 things Sarah doesn't have in place at her speeches,  which B Hussein does

1) No teleprompters..

2) No communist flags..

3) No Che Guevera idolism pictures

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #106 on: June 07, 2011, 02:06:36 PM »
  Here's another photo of Sarah which REAL  hunters/shooters ought to appreciate...

Now, pause for a moment and consider how silly B hussein Obama would look in the photo, in place of Sarah...

Offline dukkillr

• Moderators
    • The Daily Limit
« Reply #107 on: June 07, 2011, 04:12:27 PM »
Below, see some pics of Sarah giving a speech.  Besides being better looking than anyone in the B Hussein family, there are some other points to be noted...

There are at least 3 things Sarah doesn't have in place at her speeches,  which B Hussein does

1) No teleprompters..

2) No communist flags..

3) No Che Guevera idolism pictures
I find this thread fascinating.  The length that some will go to make excuses for Sarah reminds me of... well... it reminds me of Obama supporters.  She walks off her elected job in Alaska and people bend over backwards to absolve her of any responsibility.  She can't think of a magazine she reads and it's the tricky nature of the question and the liberal nature of the asker.  She pretty clearly gets screwed up on basic American history and it gets twisted around to sound true.  She's such a rugged shooter and outdoorsman but looks ridiculously inexperienced trying to shoot a stationary caribou at close range several times... Well it was the gun's fault.  Ok, maybe.  Color me skeptical.

Here's the thing with me:  I've never heard her speak and thought, gosh, that's a person bright enough to lead the free world.  It seems to me she only speaks in Fox News cliches.  Maybe she is very smart, I don't know, but I've never heard her speak with a level of depth on a complicated issue that left me impressed.  It's always, "Well we just need to cut taxes and put more money in your pocket."  Which is good.  That's a theory I support, but it's not that simple.  Perhaps, much like a prominent liberal poster did here last week, maybe it's just that she thinks we're too dumb to understand.  Frankly, I hope that's the case. 

Finally, I don't understand why it has to be one or the other.  Why is it that the instant you question anything about Sarah you suddenly become afraid of her and the threat she poses to Obama?  Why can't we have honest concerns about her, and have an honest discussion about them?  I think I know the answer to that already, and it does have to do with fear...  Lets just ask this simple question:  In the Republican primary, are all voters who vote someone other than Sarah secretly Obama supporters?  And I want you to tell that straight to the face of, among others, Ron Paul supporters.

I like Ron Paul.  When he speaks I feel impressed with his grasp of complicated theories and ideas.  I'm not sure he can win, but that's a different question.  I like Mike Huckaby (who I realize is not running).  When he speaks I feel like he has a good moral center, a solid grasp of the complex world around him, and an idea for how to make the two work together.  I feel the same way about Newt, but with a less solid moral center.  Same with Mitt but with a strong focus on business.  But with Sarah I feel more like I do with Joe Biden or Dan Quail.  Maybe it's just me, but I don't think so.

Offline wreckhog

« Reply #108 on: June 07, 2011, 05:01:06 PM »
  Here's another photo of Sarah which REAL  hunters/shooters ought to appreciate...

Now, pause for a moment and consider how silly B hussein Obama would look in the photo, in place of Sarah...
I suggest that you watch the caribou hunting episode of her show. It is fairly obvious that she has never hunted on her own.

Offline streak

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #109 on: June 07, 2011, 06:09:01 PM »
Who cares if she never hunted alone! At least she is out there doing it!!
NRA Life time Member
North American Hunting Club
Second Amendment Foundation
Gun Owners of America
Handgun Hunters International

Offline Hooker

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #110 on: June 07, 2011, 06:34:50 PM »
Revere  did warn the British
And again on the next day.
But let us follow Revere's adventures after his rousing of Hancock and Adams at the Clark house in his own language:

"After I had been there about half an hour Mr. Dawes arrived, who came from Boston, over the neck: we set off for Concord, & were overtaken by a young gentlemen named Prescot, who belonged to Concord, & was going home; when we had got about half way from Lexington to Concord, the other two, stopped at a house to awake the man, I kept along, when I had got about 200 yards of them; I saw two officers as before, I called to my company to come up, saying here was two of them (for I had told them what Mr. Devens told me, and of my being stoped) in an instant, I saw four of them, who rode up to me, with their pistols in their hands, said G____dd____n you stop if you go an inch further, you are a dead Man,' immeaditly Mr. Prescot came up we attempted to git thro them, but they kept before us, and swore if we did not turn into that pasture, they would blow our brains out, (they had placed themselves opposite to a pair of Barrs, and had taken the Barrs down) they forced us in, when we had got in, Mr. Precot said put on, He took to the left, I to the right towards a wood, at the bottom of the Pasture intending, when I gained that, to jump my Horse & run afoot.

Just as I reached it, out started six officers, seized my bridle, put their pistols to my Breast, ordered me to dismount, which I did: One of them, who appeared to have the command there, and much of a Gentleman, asked me where I came from; I told him, he asked what time I left it, I told him, he seemed surprised said Sr. may I have your name, I answered my name is Revere, what said he, Paul Revere; I answered yes; the others abused much, but he told me not to be afraid, no one should hurt me; I told him they would miss their aim. He said they should not, they were only awaiting for some deserters they expected down the Road.

I told him I knew better, I knew what they were after; that I had alarmed the country all the way up, that their Boats were catch'd aground, and I should have 500 men there soon; one of them said they had 1,500 coming: he seemed surprised and rode off into the road, and informed them who took me, they came down immeaditly on a full gallop, one of them (whom I since learned was Major Mitchell of the 5th Reg.) Clap (doug d) his pistol to my head, and said he was going to ask me some questions, if I did not tell him the truth, he would blow my brains out.

http://www.earlyamerica.com/lives/revere/chapt1/

Pat
" In the beginning of change, the patriot is a brave and scarce man,hated and scorned. when the cause succeeds however,the timid join him...for then it cost nothing to be a patriot. "
-Mark Twain
"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms."
-- Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, 1787. ME 6:373, Papers 12:356

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #111 on: June 07, 2011, 06:56:30 PM »
 Wreckhog;
  I didn't watch more than 10 minutes of that show.  I realize that such shows are simply 'show business' and not usually real anyway...I don't watch "Army wives' or that "Kardashians' show either....for the same reasons.
  The fact does remain, she was brought up a hunter, trapper etc, and put much time in on their (the Palins) commercial fishing boat, ....plus, she has been 'proud of her country' all her life !.

Dukkillr;
  You say you haven't watched Palin in any of her speeches of interviews.  Fair enough, here's your chance.  she was recently interviewed in depth by Chris Wallace.  Chris is no slouch at this task, nor was his dad, Mike Wallace.  Here's that interview:
  http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/fox-news-sunday/index.html  Quite educational for those who assess her by the popular media accounts..comedians etc.
  If a person were to only get their info about her from the left-leaning media or a comedian on  Saturday Night live...it would be a distorted view indeed.
  Admittedly, her interview with Katie Couric three years ago, was less than spectacular.  Observers say it was;
  1) Because she was coached wrong by McCain's 'handlers'.
  2) Because she knew it would be a hostile interview, and was perhaps too cautious.

She has certainly spoken before groups and been interviewed since then, but rarely is anything mentioned from these events by the leftie media.
   I am not saying she is the best choice for conservatives, but any conservative is better by far than what we have now.
  Strange some people should get so excited over Palin at this time; there are several already announced candidates..while she has not even hinted at an announcement.
   The part which is really comical are her most voiciferous critics.  They grasp at shadows to try to prove she did something wrong or committed a 'gaffe'.  Some have said she claimed she could "see Russia from her house", proving how ill-informed they are (although Russia can be seen from Alaska, since they are within about 2.5 miles of each other).  it was a popular comedian who said that and her detractors seemingly couldn't keep things sorted out.  More recently, the whining about her statement concerning Paul Revere.  they were so bent on making her look uninformed that they simply highlighted their own ignorance of historical facts.
  The most comical thing about these critics is that they are often the very same people who will not face the "57 states", Austrians speaking "Austrian", quaffing some booze while "God Save The Queen" is being played just last month, signing the Westminister guest log , dated 2008  ....and many other flubs by a sitting pres.
  She is at least as bright if not brighter than the present oval office resident...and likely wouldn't spend near as much time on the golf links...

Offline sidewinder319

• A Real Regular
« Reply #112 on: June 07, 2011, 07:06:15 PM »
It is so funny watching left wing reporters claiming to be protectors of Amercan History. These are the same people who call the Founding Fathers old white men. I would like to see any of these reporters answer 5th grade history questions. It is too early to know who will run againsit the setting failure. As for Palin being slow, well she is now worth over 12 million dollars. Not bad for a working mom who quit a deadend job in Alaska. :)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #113 on: June 07, 2011, 07:08:37 PM »
  What a president needs more than any other qualification...is good, honest character.  Lies are not part of good character, nor is having terrorists for friends.
     http://island-adv.com/2011/05/new-youtube-video-pulls-together-obamas-lies-about-dreams-from-my-father/

Here's an informative little video..only 2 min long, but tells volumes about a president's CHARACTER...
       http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UErR7i2onW0

Anybody remember how "Obamacare" was crafted..or why Trumpka (AFL-CIO boss hawg) had no less than 22 private meetings with the prez ?

Each person here can go to youtube and search for > Obama Lies <   ...lots more there
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  Now, here's a man with character.  His legacy is up from slavery...but he is not bitter, revengeful and filled with hate.
  you can see he is proud of America.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHomZF3JGBg&feature=player_embedded   He has proven he knows how to turn failing institutions around.  No, no president is king, no absolute monarch...although some try to reach beyond constitutional mandates by appointing "czars" to circumvent the will of congress.  Curiously, less than half of the congress has voiced concern over this constitutional usurpation..

Offline dukkillr

• Moderators
    • The Daily Limit
« Reply #114 on: June 07, 2011, 07:20:16 PM »
Wreckhog;
  I didn't watch more than 10 minutes of that show.  I realize that such shows are simply 'show business' and not usually real anyway...I don't watch "Army wives' or that "Kardashians' show either....for the same reasons.
  The fact does remain, she was brought up a hunter, trapper etc, and put much time in on their (the Palins) commercial fishing boat, ....plus, she has been 'proud of her country' all her life !.

Dukkillr;
  You say you haven't watched Palin in any of her speeches of interviews.  Fair enough, here's your chance.  she was recently interviewed in depth by Chris Wallace.  Chris is no slouch at this task, nor was his dad, Mike Wallace.  Here's that interview:
  http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/fox-news-sunday/index.html  Quite educational for those who assess her by the popular media accounts..comedians etc.
  If a person were to only get their info about her from the left-leaning media or a comedian on  Saturday Night live...it would be a distorted view indeed.
  Admittedly, her interview with Katie Couric three years ago, was less than spectacular.  Observers say it was;
  1) Because she was coached wrong by McCain's 'handlers'.
  2) Because she knew it would be a hostile interview, and was perhaps too cautious.

She has certainly spoken before groups and been interviewed since then, but rarely is anything mentioned from these events by the leftie media.
   I am not saying she is the best choice for conservatives, but any conservative is better by far than what we have now.
  Strange some people should get so excited over Palin at this time; there are several already announced candidates..while she has not even hinted at an announcement.
   The part which is really comical are her most voiciferous critics.  They grasp at shadows to try to prove she did something wrong or committed a 'gaffe'.  Some have said she claimed she could "see Russia from her house", proving how ill-informed they are (although Russia can be seen from Alaska, since they are within about 2.5 miles of each other).  it was a popular comedian who said that and her detractors seemingly couldn't keep things sorted out.  More recently, the whining about her statement concerning Paul Revere.  they were so bent on making her look uninformed that they simply highlighted their own ignorance of historical facts.
  The most comical thing about these critics is that they are often the very same people who will not face the "57 states", Austrians speaking "Austrian", quaffing some booze while "God Save The Queen" is being played just last month, signing the Westminister guest log , dated 2008  ....and many other flubs by a sitting pres.
  She is at least as bright if not brighter than the present oval office resident...and likely wouldn't spend near as much time on the golf links...
But see, now you've done the same thing.  It isn't as if I consider the decision to be Palin vs. Obama, so how does that Austrian and 57 states thing come in?  The test is not, "Do you like Sarah Palin?  If not you must love Obama!"  It isn't that simple.  The election that decides who many of us will vote for, and the one closest in time to today, will be a primary where she will not be on the same ticket as Obama (she may not be on any ticket).  I don't care if Obama is just as dumb, twice as dumb, or half as dumb, I'm not considering that a scale that makes any sense.  The scale I would use is, do I think this person is the best choice to lead this country among the people on my ballot.  That is, I hope, the scale everyone uses.

I don't recall saying that, "... I haven't watched Palin in any of her speeches of interviews. "  Indeed precisely the opposite is true.  I've heard her speak a number of times on TV and radio, and I've simply never been impressed.  The most impressive thing about Palin to me is the emotion she generates in her supporters.  I honestly don't see it, but to each their own.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #115 on: June 07, 2011, 07:45:45 PM »
  As I said previously, she isn't necessarily the first choice.  Whether we like it or not, unless something totally unexpected happens, BHO will be the one who runs for prez in 2012; it will be BHO vs XXX...so we must compare any opponent directly to him.
   If for some reason he doesn't run, then we will have to reassess.  Thus, as far as I am concerned, almost ANY conservative is a better choice than BHO.
  I mentioned Herman Cain; not that he is the only alternative but one of several.  I think the divisiveness brought on by the present admin has done real harm to this nation and the lack of 'business experience' by BHO keeps spiralling our economy downward..with the president too arrogant to ask somebody who really knows how to begin to recover our economic greatness.
  One can pretend that BHO will not be the nominee, but history speaks otherwise..  Check out the "Hermanator" for one...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVF6i64jLXo

Sometimes liberal/leftist hate and bigotry do some good; entertaining, to say the least

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4mjXAwPHPw&NR=1
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  I agree with much of Ron Paul's positions, most make good sense.  I do wonder if isolationism is the best plan for the 21st century, however.
   If the final choice is Obama vs Paul..no question..it's Paul....   If the semifinal question is Romney vs Paul, it's Paul again as far as I am concerned.  Same goes if it's Johnson vs Paul !  Others; I will have to look closer...but any one of them is better for the US than what we have presently.

Offline Dixie Dude

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #116 on: June 09, 2011, 07:06:57 AM »
I don't think Ron Paul is electable against Obama.  Who is?  Latest poll shows Romney and Obama neck and neck.  Republicans in latest poll that I saw showed Palin leading Romney with Huckaby out.  Herman Cain might be the best to beat Obama.  He also has ran corporations, and turned them around from bankrupcy.  He is a true American, born and raised in the heartland, not overseas or in Hawaii.  Do I like his politics?  Not all, BUT we have to find someone to beat Obama period.  Anyone but Obama.  He is far too socialist/communist/liberal and doesn't have the true American view of the world. 

TM7 is right on some things, banks must be regulated to avoid all the problems they have created in the past.  Banks loaned money to investors in the 1920's to buy stocks.  When stocks fell, investors couldn't pay back bank loans, banks failed, banks started forclosing on peoples homes and farms.  Vicious circle.  Credit shouldn't be so easily obtained.  Decent down payments on homes would keep people from just abandoning their homes.  I believe more should own their homes, as people usually take pride in what the own and take care of it.  Tennants usually do not, and often trash places out.  It just has to be tempered with having full time jobs, good credit, decent down payment, and ability to pay (no more than 25% of their income). 

Also, people have a tendency to "blame Wall Street".  Wall Street isn't the problem.  Anyone can and should own stock in American companies.  Wall Street BANKs were the problem, with certain congressmen and senators over the banking and finance committees that allowed deregulation.  I also agree with Ron Paul that the Federal Reserve should be audited, and a return to the "gold" standard for money.  Thomas Jefferson warned that banking institutions were more dangerous than standing armies. 

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #117 on: June 09, 2011, 11:57:53 AM »
DD;
  Traditionally, 20% down paymenty had been required to purchase a home.  This worked well for 3 major reasons;

1) The potential home buyer had to learn responsibility, by saving a tidy sum before he/she bought a home.

2)  A buyer was not inclined to buy a home he/she had no business buying  too fancy/expensive for their income.

3)  With 20% invested, a homeowner would be very slow to abandon their home..lose too much equity.

Then along comes Teddy, Barney and perhaps Chris Dodd...saying " yes, wishes are horses and beggars should ride"..
   More succinctly, they called it "affordable housing".  Let somebody on welfare buy a $400,000 home on this newest version of $1 down and $1 when I see you scheme...somebody who knows nothing about home maintenance...and will have to move out in 8 years, even if they are not thrown out in 3. ;)

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
« Reply #118 on: June 09, 2011, 12:15:15 PM »

Then along comes Teddy, Barney and perhaps Chris Dodd...saying " yes, wishes are horses and beggars should ride"..
   More succinctly, they called it "affordable housing".  Let somebody on welfare buy a $400,000 home on this newest version of $1 down and $1 when I see you scheme...............

It bought votes!!
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.

Offline subdjoe

« Reply #119 on: June 09, 2011, 02:30:14 PM »
Left wing "comedians" are now threatening her:

"You know what man, I am, literally, if she gets elected president I am gonna hang out on the grassy knoll all the time, just loaded and ready. Cause you know what, it's for my country, it's for my country. If I've got to sacrifice myself, it's for my country." [during cross talk Titus refers to" Zapruder"].

Where are the lefts calls for "civility?"  Where is the lefts outrage over violent talk? 

Oh....

wait.....

The left can do anything because of its relativist (lack of) morals. 
Your ob't & etc,
Joseph Lovell

Justice Robert H. Jackson - It is not the function of the government to keep the citizen from falling into error; it is the function of the citizen to keep the government from falling into error.