Author Topic: Weinergate..  (Read 6722 times)

Offline bigMikeA

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Re: Weinergate..
« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2011, 06:04:11 PM »
I think that politics as it's practiced today attracts some very strange people, and I also think that media generally generally enjoys roasting republicans more than democrats.  Witness the kid-gloves treatment afforded the moral train wreck called the Kennedy family.

Clinton's problem was not just the sex but the fact that she worked in his office.  The relationship was totally unfair to all the other staffers and interns.

I wonder if some anti-gay crusaders who are bitten by the bug aren't fully aware of it and hate it because they feel it has turned their lives upside down.  This would account for a strong desire not to see the practice normalized.

??? ???  I do not understand that.   Somebody please help me....    ??? ???

Offline wreckhog

• Trade Count: (55)
« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2011, 08:59:25 PM »
He is saying that a lot of anti gays are selfish closet queens.

Offline XD40SC

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2011, 12:18:40 AM »
xd40sc, what keyword would I have to google or search for to find the list you threw up?
republican sex scandals
examples of republican hypocrisy on moral values

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2011, 01:50:37 AM »
xd40sc, what keyword would I have to google or search for to find the list you threw up?
republican sex scandals
examples of republican hypocrisy on moral values
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I suppose such mud slinging could continue by doing the same search as above by replacing the term 'Republican'  with the term 'Democrat'....which just goes to show the corruption evident in the leadership of both "parties"...who have been PARTYING too long at public expense.
    The real difference here is the actual disparity in values between the liberal and conservative wings of our society.  Scandals exposing immorality are more detrimental to the right, since the right does cling more to the values/morals side of the equation.  Thus liberals are more able to slip through with grossly immoral activities, since their constituency are not so offended by them.
   I suspect there are some Democrats who still hold with values incorporating decency and a somewhat larger percentage of Republicans (due to the lib/con demographics) who hold the same values.
   Obviously, there are in both 'parties' a percentage who are little more than reprobates.
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline us920669

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2011, 05:11:08 AM »
No, I didn't mean that they are closet queens.  I honestly think there are gays who can't help themselves and hate themselves for it.  They want to spare others the same fate.  Just a thought, maybe not a good one.

Swaggart was mentioned.  I always thought he was a bit of a con man and a hustler - wasn't it him who was related to Jerry Lee Lewis?  But he also actually lived that seedy life of drinking, gambling and whoring.  He was in plenty of fights and spent a few nights in the slammer.  Jesus saved him - probably saved his life - but then he slipped.  So he was a sinner who found redemption and then fell again.  Seems like a little compassion wouldn't be out of place.

We were talking about whether Weiner was "taken down".  Take downs are quite common in DC.  There is a story that never really came out but I pieced it together from the Washington papers.  See if this doesn't hold water.  There was a columnist who appeared in the Washington Times after the Iraq war went sour.  He was a military adviser who was instrumental in planning the war but then became quite critical of the way Bush and company were running it.  His case was that all the cautions and requirements he had specified were simply ignored.  Well, a scandal blew up called the DC Madame, a lady who was running some high-end hookers - this town is crawling with them.  She was told she would be facing some serious time unless she turned her address book over to the media - certainly a very irregular way to go about law enforcement.  Guess whose name was the first to be released. Yup, the troublesome columnist.  He didn't get published any more after that.   

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #35 on: June 04, 2011, 05:33:10 AM »
us920669I;
     believe you are correct on that count. Takedowns are common in DC..and they come from both..or rather all sides. Seeing how some people from both sides have been brought down fore small items (e.g. Chris Lee (R) & Tickle-me-Elmo Massa (D)), one wonders how characters such a Barney and Old Teddy are/were able to continue in their swill pens so long without repercussions.
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline us920669

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #36 on: June 04, 2011, 06:31:42 AM »
It's all about who has got the juice.  Expect some Tea Party darling to go in the tank in about 15 months or so - maybe he sleeps with the light on or something just as shocking.

I didn't know that about the DC madame, but I stopped following the case after Round One.  It wouldn't surprise me.  Sometimes I have to just quit the news for a while, it's so depressing - the sad state our country has fallen to. 

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #37 on: June 06, 2011, 12:40:24 PM »
Weiner admits he's a weiner...   Still. he refuses to resign....I hear no clamor from the left demanding that he resign.  Certainly nothing like the "righteous indignation" of the left..over Larry Craig and Chris Lee.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_congressman_twitter_photo

Weineradmits he sent lewd pics to a girl, but says he "won't quit".  I am not sure nwhether that means he won't quit his job....or if it means he won't quit sending lewd pictures to women who... don't want them..

Offline jimster

« Reply #38 on: June 06, 2011, 12:48:38 PM »
Weineradmits he sent lewd pics to a girl, but says he "won't quit".  I am not sure nwhether that means he won't quit his job....or if it means he won't quit sending lewd pictures to young girls..

;D   Glad I wasn't drinking coffee when I read that, would have been up my nose... NOW THAT'S FUNNY.

To tell you the truth ironglow, I don't either.

Offline lakota

• Trade Count: (26)
« Reply #39 on: June 06, 2011, 12:50:37 PM »
Of course he wont resign! Morals are something for the left to enforce but not to live up to themselves.
Hi NSA! Can you see how many fingers I am holding up?

Offline us920669

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #40 on: June 06, 2011, 12:55:15 PM »
Maybe he figures if they voted for a Weiner they must want to see one once in a while.

Offline wreckhog

« Reply #41 on: June 06, 2011, 01:06:57 PM »
Weiner admits he's a weiner...   Still. he refuses to resign....I hear no clamor from the left demanding that he resign.  Certainly nothing like the "righteous indignation" of the left..over Larry Craig and Chris Lee.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_congressman_twitter_photo

Weineradmits he sent lewd pics to a girl, but says he "won't quit".  I am not sure nwhether that means he won't quit his job....or if it means he won't quit sending lewd pictures to women who... don't want them..
As was discussed earlier in this thread, there is no reason for him to resign. And Chris Lee was a retard for resigning.

Offline -Shaggy-

• A Real Regular
« Reply #42 on: June 06, 2011, 01:30:40 PM »
Well, since he said he won't resign, he will probably resign by next weekend. He seems to have some problems with the truth.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #43 on: June 06, 2011, 04:20:38 PM »
Well, since he said he won't resign, he will probably resign by next weekend. He seems to have some problems with the truth.
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
  Yup !  over and over again this past week !

Offline OldSchoolRanger

• Trade Count: (60)
« Reply #44 on: June 06, 2011, 04:42:20 PM »
  I didn't hear any laughter from TM, Yellow or Wreckhog over this incident...
Don't hear any laughter? Hmmm... what does it mean?

Larry Craig - isn't the one accosted by some perv LEO in a bathroom for tapping his feet? It happened to Denny Crane on Boston Legal...

I liked Denny Crane:
YT3 - I saw that clip before, got a big kick out of it, still like it.  "gun, knee, right foot, left foot". ;D
They should use that clip for an ad for the NRA.  ;)
"You are entitled to your own opinions, but you are not entitled to your own facts." - Sen. Daniel Patrick Moynihan

When you allow a lie to go unchallenged, it becomes the truth.

My quandary, I personally, don't think I have enough Handi's but, I know I have more Handi's than I really need or should have.

Offline briarpatch

« Reply #45 on: June 06, 2011, 05:13:28 PM »
There is reason for him to resign and if anyone cant see it. What a sad state of affairs.
This same idiot will make and vote on laws in this country.
The bastard is skewed in his character and thought processes.
If you have children wreckhog especially girls you should send him one.
Do you concider this heathen a model for lawmaker, stateman, upright citizen ETC. 

Offline 1marty

• A Real Regular
« Reply #46 on: June 06, 2011, 06:02:14 PM »
I live about 45 miles north of NYC and this jerk was always in the news. When someone asked him a question he didn't like he use to call them a jackass, dope, idiot. When he got out of college he became an assistant to Chucky Schumer who pushed his career. . He never held a real job in his life. I'm over joyed to see this moron fall. In the end he turned out to be a two bit phoney politician.

Offline wreckhog

« Reply #47 on: June 06, 2011, 09:05:16 PM »
There is reason for him to resign and if anyone cant see it. What a sad state of affairs.
This same idiot will make and vote on laws in this country.
The bastard is skewed in his character and thought processes.
If you have children wreckhog especially girls you should send him one.
Do you concider this heathen a model for lawmaker, stateman, upright citizen ETC.
You want me to send him my children and YOU think his thought process is skewed?

Offline briarpatch

« Reply #48 on: June 07, 2011, 02:22:35 AM »
wreckhog, I am glad to see you realize that would not be a good idea. No mans child should have to put up with this turd.
Now let the world know this joke should go.

Offline OldSchoolRanger

« Reply #49 on: June 07, 2011, 03:18:50 AM »
For the record Weiner, admitted  ::) it was his weiner.  :P :o
"You are entitled to your own opinions, but you are not entitled to your own facts." - Sen. Daniel Patrick Moynihan

My quandary, I personally, don't think I have enough Handi's but, I know I have more Handi's than I really need or should have.

Offline OldSchoolRanger

« Reply #50 on: June 07, 2011, 03:28:29 AM »
I live about 45 miles north of NYC and this jerk was always in the news. When someone asked him a question he didn't like he use to call them a jackass, dope, idiot. When he got out of college he became an assistant to Chucky Schumer who pushed his career. . He never held a real job in his life. I'm over joyed to see this moron fall. In the end he turned out to be a two bit phoney politician.
Guess who else, never held a real job in his life? Chucky Schumer  :o

BTW, I had the distinct horror  :-[ of attending three graduations (one for friends' daughter from HS, and two for sons from College), where Chucky was a guest speaker. Chucky gave the same speech (regarding how he lost the girl, and won the election) :P.  This was over a period of six years.
The man can't come up with anything original.  Even his fellow Dems say he's a media whore, who sends out a news release every weekend to get his name in the news.

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #51 on: June 07, 2011, 04:45:09 AM »
EVERY ELECTED OFFICIAL IN THE COUNTRY SHOULD BE ABSOLUTELY ABOVE REPROACH!!!!!
anyone who supports the elected perverts are sick in the mind.
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline magooch

« Reply #52 on: June 07, 2011, 05:04:13 AM »
I don't see what all the fuss is about Weiner.  Sure he is a sick, sleazy perv; a liar and a creep, but hey, he's just a run-of-the-mill Dumycrat--nothing unique, or special.
Swingem

Offline wreckhog

« Reply #53 on: June 07, 2011, 05:21:31 AM »
He was an old married Jew that was carrying on a consensual internet "affair" (is it an affair if you never met?) with an adult woman who's only connection to him was social networking, one of several. He was newly married, and his Muslim wife works in another state? No kids. It could have been a lot worse. The marriage certainly seems like one that was against the odds.

Offline AtlLaw

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (58)
  • A good woman, nice bike and fine guns!
« Reply #54 on: June 07, 2011, 05:25:12 AM »
EVERY ELECTED OFFICIAL IN THE COUNTRY SHOULD BE ABSOLUTELY ABOVE REPROACH!!!!!

I AGREE!   8)  That's why you'll never see me run for elected office...  ::)

At least he wasn't sexting with little boys.   :-\  that we know of...   ;)
Richard
Former Captain of Horse, keeper of the peace and interpreter of statute.  Currently a Gentleman of leisure.
Nemo me impune lacessit

Support your local US Military Vets Motorcycle Club

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #55 on: June 07, 2011, 06:21:24 AM »
darn, I was gonna suggest that AtlLaw run for governor.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #56 on: June 07, 2011, 09:22:44 AM »
Guess who else, never held a real job in his life? Chucky Schumer  :o

BTW, I had the distinct horror  :-[ of attending three graduations (one for friends' daughter from HS, and two for sons from College), where Chucky was a guest speaker. Chucky gave the same speech (regarding how he lost the girl, and won the election) :P.  This was over a period of six years.
The man can't come up with anything original.  Even his fellow Dems say he's a media whore, who sends out a news release every weekend to get his name in the news.
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
 OSR;
    Now you know why BHO and other leading liberals are so hung up on teleprompters.  Any habitual liar better carry a teleprompter on their person..just to keep their stories straight !

Really...Wouldn't you think that with a name like that, he wouldn't get into that slimy stuff !  ;) :D ;D

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #57 on: June 07, 2011, 10:35:02 AM »
  That looks like one weiner that will have to hang out all alone.  Nobody else wants to hang with him:
     http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110607/ap_on_go_co/us_congressman_twitter_photo_reid

Oops!   I guess I stand corrected;  Nancy Pelosi wants to take a closer look at  weiner..
   http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110606/ap_on_go_co/us_pelosi_weiner_1

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
« Reply #58 on: June 07, 2011, 01:41:56 PM »

Ahh, another one bites (shortly)  the dust ;D ;D
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.

Offline wreckhog

« Reply #59 on: June 07, 2011, 02:13:04 PM »
Note this is from 3 years ago, long before Weiner weinered her.

http://www.zimbio.com/Huma+Abedin/articles/11/Hillary+Clinton+Lesbian+lover+Huma+Abedin