Author Topic: Will he now obey the constitution ?  (Read 1811 times)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
Will he now obey the constitution ?
« on: June 04, 2011, 04:51:03 AM »
  Strange that we would ask that question of our president, but this president has been ignoring and circumventing our constitution as often as he can get away with it.  Now congress has told him..will he listen ?
 http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2011/jun/3/bipartisan-congress-rebuffs-obama-libya-mission/
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Spencer, Carey

• Classified -- Banned
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Avid Poster
Re: Will he now obey the constitution ?
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2011, 07:57:03 AM »
Seriously? Of course not. He has gotten away with too much already to have any serious concerns about anyone expecting him to act accordingly. Ive said it before. Watch out for some giant news story to spring up out of nowhere to divert attention away from this and dissappear just as quickly as sooon as it "blows over".

Offline Spencer, Carey

• Classified -- Banned
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2011, 07:59:45 AM »
Also remember that he said I quote "We (The American People) were "SILLY" to question him when legitimate concerns of his birth certificate arose. I mean who do the citizens of the United States of America think we are to question HIM?!?!?!?!? :o ::)

Offline powderman

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2011, 08:18:41 AM »
Also remember that he said I quote "We (The American People) were "SILLY" to question him when legitimate concerns of his birth certificate arose. I mean who do the citizens of the United States of America think we are to question HIM?!?!?!?!? :o ::)

Americans, thats more than I can say for him. POWDERMAN.  >:( >:(
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline Spencer, Carey

• Classified -- Banned
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2011, 08:20:34 AM »
Roger that, sir!!

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2011, 12:45:39 PM »
remember, in his own words, the constitution is a flawed document.
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     bugeye

Offline Spencer, Carey

• Classified -- Banned
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2011, 01:04:07 PM »
"Flawed" according to HIM!!!!!

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2011, 04:45:07 PM »
  Of course guys, we must remember that the constitution is "flawed"...only B Hussein Obama ..is flawless.

If you don't think so, just ask the Obamanites, who will repeat their mistake of 2008 again in 2012..
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline DDZ

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2011, 02:10:37 AM »
Our power hungry politicians love to refer to our Constitution as a living document, which is what Al Gore believed it to be. How convenient it would be for them to just change or add wording to suit their agenda. The only reason Obama see's it as flawed, is because he can't change it with the times.
Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.    Wm. Penn

Offline Spencer, Carey

• Classified -- Banned
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2011, 05:14:23 AM »
It's a scientific fact, Scum always rises to the top

Offline Junior1942

• Trade Count: (1)
    • The Frugal Outdoorsman
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2011, 05:24:06 AM »
He taught Constitutional law at Harvard.  That means he has analyized every Supreme Court decision ever made.  IOW, he knows the Constitution backwards and forward and inside out.  He even knows more about it than you experts, believe it or not.

Offline Spencer, Carey

• Classified -- Banned
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2011, 05:34:08 AM »
Funny. Its worked just fine for alot longer than any of us has been around. And there is a BIG difference in amending it to better serve the PEOPLE, and ammending it to better serve HIMSELF. He is what is called the "Legend in His Own Mind" type. Again, look past the color of the mans skin Junior. If you can find the integrity to do that, just MAYBE you will see what the rest of us are talking about. AGAIN, I VOTED FOR THE GUY, THEN SAW WHAT HIS REAL AGANDA IS!!!!!

Offline Spencer, Carey

• Classified -- Banned
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2011, 05:35:25 AM »
I guess that YOU know better than CONGRESS that told him he was wrong too!! Right?!?!? :o

Offline Spencer, Carey

• Classified -- Banned
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2011, 05:37:53 AM »
However popular he is buddy he is still just a MAN. And if he was as good as all that then maybe he wouldnt be doing all of these UNCONSTITUTIONIAL deeds to begin with, huh?  ;D

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2011, 05:38:56 AM »
He taught Constitutional law at Harvard.  That means he has analyized every Supreme Court decision ever made.  IOW, he knows the Constitution backwards and forward and inside out.  He even knows more about it than you experts, believe it or not.

Why is it then that he has such a difficult time grasping the plainly written 2nd and 4th Amendments of the Bill of Rights?
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

---- William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons, November 18, 1783

Offline Spencer, Carey

• Classified -- Banned
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2011, 05:44:59 AM »
Thats right Doublebass 73. A good speechwriter, and oration skills only cover so much. A shame that so many out there are still as dumb and gullible as he wants them to be even after his actions have made such a liar out of him after he left the campaign trail to take office. :-\

Offline Spencer, Carey

• Classified -- Banned
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2011, 05:48:02 AM »
Dont mean to rant, but Junior have YOU ever read the constitution? Did you understand it if you did? If the answer is yes to even one of them re-read my last coupla posts.

Offline Junior1942

• The Frugal Outdoorsman
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2011, 06:13:37 AM »
Just pointing out that he knows what he's doing.  If you don't like what he's doing in Libya, then you need to work with your congress people to get us out of NATO.  He's only doing exactly what GWB would have done had our NATO allies asked him to.  Whoa, I'm wrong!!  GWB would have sent in 50,000 ground troops!  Halliburton would have made billions!!

Offline Spencer, Carey

• Classified -- Banned
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2011, 06:33:45 AM »
You are right on that one Junior. GWB was a lying cheating theif. Im white (2/3, 1/3 Cherokee, but who is counting) and I have the integrity to say that. You are avoiding every legitimate point and question posed to you. Why cant you just debate on the facts posed and not resort to redirection tactics. You have to understand that every time you do that you have less and less credibility in these conversations. Everyones opinion matters, but there is a difference in what you are doing sir. 

Offline Spencer, Carey

• Classified -- Banned
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2011, 06:36:41 AM »
He knows EXACTLY what he is doing. FULLY KNOWING THAT HE IS ACTING ENETHICALLY AND ILLEGALY!! THATS WHAT MAKES IT SO BAD. ESPECIALLY FOR SOMEONE WHO LIKE YOU SAID "KNOWS THE CONSTITUTION FRONT AND BACK"!!

Offline lakota

• Trade Count: (26)
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2011, 07:18:54 AM »
He taught Constitutional law at Harvard.  That means he has analyized every Supreme Court decision ever made.  IOW, he knows the Constitution backwards and forward and inside out.
Oh my!!!!!! He taught constitutional law he knows it inside and out backwards and forwards so that makes him a strict constitutionalist!

I know a jeep backwards and forward and inside out...does that make me a jeep?

He even knows more about it than you experts, believe it or not.

No he doesnt know more about the constitution than anyone here in fact he probably would lose a trivia game based on the constitution to many of the people on this forum. Just because he read the constitution in the Harvard library and I read it in my living room doesnt make him any more of an authority on the constitution than me. I dont need a Harvard education to understand the constitution in fact I find it very simply worded and easily understood.
Hi NSA! Can you see how many fingers I am holding up?

Offline lakota

« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2011, 07:22:32 AM »
Just pointing out that he knows what he's doing.  If you don't like what he's doing in Libya, then you need to work with your congress people to get us out of NATO.  He's only doing exactly what GWB would have done had our NATO allies asked him to.  Whoa, I'm wrong!!  GWB would have sent in 50,000 ground troops!  Halliburton would have made billions!!

There is no way you can validate this claim. Bush got congress approval for both wars he drug us into. Obama circumvented congress and claimed he was acting on UN authority. Last time I checked the UN was not a governing body in this nation.

And I agree with you-he does know damn well what he is doing...he is destroying this nation and wiping his backside with its governing document all while flying a middle finger in our faces.

Offline DDZ

« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2011, 07:24:59 AM »

No doubt in my mind that he knows the Constitution. What better way to find ways to circumvent it, then by knowing it inside out.
There are many criminals that know the law inside out, but it doesn't mean they abide by it.

Also, just because Bush was wrong on issues and many before him, does not make it right that Obama falls in step with disobeying the Constitution. All your arguments are either Bush did it, or its Bush's fault. Why not give it a rest. Its water over the dam.  Its time to open your eyes and look at the guy you voted for.   
Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.    Wm. Penn

Offline Junior1942

• The Frugal Outdoorsman
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2011, 08:20:50 AM »
He taught Constitutional law at Harvard.  That means he has analyized every Supreme Court decision ever made.  IOW, he knows the Constitution backwards and forward and inside out.
Oh my!!!!!! He taught constitutional law he knows it inside and out backwards and forwards so that makes him a strict constitutionalist!

I know a jeep backwards and forward and inside out...does that make me a jeep?

He even knows more about it than you experts, believe it or not.

No he doesnt know more about the constitution than anyone here in fact he probably would lose a trivia game based on the constitution to many of the people on this forum. Just because he read the constitution in the Harvard library and I read it in my living room doesnt make him any more of an authority on the constitution than me. I dont need a Harvard education to understand the constitution in fact I find it very simply worded and easily understood.
Wow!  Talk about spin!  Where in my post did I say "he read the constitution in the Harvard library..."?  I said he taught the Constitution at Harvard.  Big difference!

So you guys would have the president ignore a request from NATO?  Isn't there a small matter of a treaty??

Offline Junior1942

• The Frugal Outdoorsman
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2011, 08:23:12 AM »
PS: I didn't know the right wing in America was so fond of Muammar Gaddafi. Did he contribute a pile of cash to the tea party?

Offline lakota

« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2011, 11:01:56 AM »
PS: I didn't know the right wing in America was so fond of Muammar Gaddafi. Did he contribute a pile of cash to the tea party?

The right is not fond of quadafi. We are simply pointing out another example of hypocrisy on Obama's part. He ran for the office of the president with the promise of ending the two wars we were already in and not only did he fail on that promise but he also went and got us involved in a third war but that fact seems completly and utterly lost on you.

Wow!  Talk about spin!  Where in my post did I say "he read the constitution in the Harvard library..."?  I said he taught the Constitution at Harvard.  Big difference!

No difference professor, no difference at all unless you are saying Obama was too stupid to find the Harvard library when he "taught"(indocrinated) there.

So you guys would have the president ignore a request from NATO?  Isn't there a small matter of a treaty??
There is also the small manner of U.S. law that even BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA must follow. You can huff and puff until you are blue in the face and pass out and it still wont change the matter of BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA violating the constitution. A NATO treaty does not, I repeat DOES NOT SUPERCEDE THE CONSTITUTION OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

Offline jimster

« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2011, 11:13:21 AM »
Anyone could be a constitutional "expert", "teacher", or "scholar"...and not agree with the authors of it....So what?

I actually agree with the authors documented explanations.....many "experts" don't go there, they can't go there.  That's a fact.

Obama is just smart enough to reel in the idiots.  That's as smart as any politician needs to be.  He is not smart enough to last a week where I work.  You won't convince his supporters of anything...even after standing on the constitution, failed policies everywhere, failed promises, and a complete waste of our money with no real results, people will still support him.  This just reflects how ignorant people are of both their constitution and the people they elect. 

I have probably read more on the constitution than Obama has.....he got a degree...not an education.  Let's get real here.

Offline crustylicious

• A Real Regular
  • Reading is fundamental, comprehension optional!
« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2011, 05:03:35 PM »
Did President Obama violate the Constitution or federal law when he ordered the U.S. military to take part in coalition attacks on forces loyal to Moammar Khaddafy in Libya?

The Constitution itself doesn't answer the question, because it gives Congress authority "to raise and support Armies," "to provide and maintain a Navy," and "to declare War." But it also provides that, "The President shall be Commander in Chief of the Army and Navy of the United States."

Congress has formally declared war only five times in U.S. history -- for the War of 1812, the Mexican War, the Spanish-American War, and World Wars I and II. But presidents have approved dozens of military actions with no such declaration, including the Korean conflict and the war in Vietnam.

Well over 100 military operations were ordered without any advance Congressional authorization at all. Recent examples include actions in Grenada, the overthrow of Manuel Noriega in Panama, and intervention in civil wars in Bosnia, Kosovo, and Macedonia.

A federal law, the War Powers Act of 1973, requires the president to consult with Congress "in every possible instance" before deploying U.S. forces. An exception was made for emergencies created by attacks on the U.S. or its armed forces.

Some legal scholars conclude that President Obama violated the law's requirements, when he failed to seek congressional approval.

"Judging just from the pictures of what we are seeing happening on the ground, this is quite substantial, and this is the sort of thing that would have needed Congressional approval," said Professor Oona Hathaway of Yale Law School, an expert on executive power and international law.

While the president has stressed the international component of the operation, she believes that makes no difference. "The fact that the Security Council has authorized an imposition of a no-fly zone does not answer the constitutional questions," she said.

But one former official who advised President George W. Bush said that while the decision to deploy U.S. forces in the Libyan operation was a political and strategic mistake, it's entirely legal.

"Congress raises and supports the military, but the president is the commander. Declaring war and making war are two different functions. There's no question President Obama has the authority to do what he did," the official said, asking that his name not be used.

Mr. Obama's actions are consistent with the way every president since Richard Nixon has treated the War Powers Act, choosing to notify Congress only after a decision has been made to sign orders authorizing military operations.

His actions do, however, appear to contradict the view he expressed as a candidate. In December 2007, he told Charlie Savage, then of the Boston Globe that a president "does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation."

So who's right? Constitutional questions, and legal battles over violations of federal laws, are normally resolved by judges. But this is an area where the courts have been reluctant to tread, unwilling to referee what they see as disputes between the political branches of the government.

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/03/22/6323385-did-obama-violate-the-constitution-with-libya-military-action
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so sure of themselves, and the wiser people so full of doubts." Bertrand Russell
"The speaking in perpetual hyperbole is comely in nothing but love" Francis Bacon, Sr.
Voting is like driving a car- choose (D) to go forward- choose (R) to go backwards!
When all think alike, no one thinks very much. Albert Einstein

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2011, 07:13:31 AM »
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  So Junior;
   He REALLY KNOWS the constitution...why in blue blazes doesn't he then obey it ?  So he has taught constitutional law at Hah-vaahd !
  Does that mean he has taught hundreds of law students that our US Constitution is a "flawed document" ?  No wonder the 'ivy league' schools are not held in the same esteem they once were!
  B. Hussein is great at reading teleprompters, but few, outside his committed sippers, still recognize him as an "earth shaking" intellect ! 
   Although not all involved in the program ride the hoorse to death, for some.. affirmative action can get grades plain hard work and dilligent study cannot supply..

Offline crustylicious

• A Real Regular
  • Reading is fundamental, comprehension optional!
« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2011, 07:21:15 AM »
If there were no flaws why did it need amendments?
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so sure of themselves, and the wiser people so full of doubts." Bertrand Russell
"The speaking in perpetual hyperbole is comely in nothing but love" Francis Bacon, Sr.
Voting is like driving a car- choose (D) to go forward- choose (R) to go backwards!
When all think alike, no one thinks very much. Albert Einstein