Author Topic: Will he now obey the constitution ?  (Read 1815 times)

Offline OldSchoolRanger

• Trade Count: (60)
Re: Will he now obey the constitution ?
« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2011, 07:40:46 AM »
He taught Constitutional law at Harvard.  That means he has analyized every Supreme Court decision ever made.  IOW, he knows the Constitution backwards and forward and inside out.  He even knows more about it than you experts, believe it or not.
Sorry Jr, I don't buy that.  I taught "justification on the use of deadly force" to PO's, that doesn't make me an expert on the use of DPF, it only makes me a student of the law.  I also took Constitutional law classes for my degree, but that doesn't mean that I had to analyze every Supreme Court decision ever made. IOW your assumption about Obama knowing the Constitution backwards and forward and inside out is in plain English: wrong!
Regarding your comment "He even knows more about it than you experts, believe it or not."  I choose not to believe it.  I learned a long time ago, that "book knowledge" doesn't mean that a person is intelligent, he's just "book smart".  You can be "book smart", and still lack common sense.  IOW a complete idiot.
"You are entitled to your own opinions, but you are not entitled to your own facts." - Sen. Daniel Patrick Moynihan

When you allow a lie to go unchallenged, it becomes the truth.

My quandary, I personally, don't think I have enough Handi's but, I know I have more Handi's than I really need or should have.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2011, 08:24:26 AM »
PS: I didn't know the right wing in America was so fond of Muammar Gaddafi. Did he contribute a pile of cash to the tea party?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Junior;
  Your above statement proves you still don't get it !
   Ghadaffi had his clacker closed some years ago...by way of actions taken by Reagan & Co.  He hasn't been a big problem since. Conservatives obviously don't like him, but he is held in check.  Better the devil you know and control...
  Now radical Islamofascist groups are toppling govts all over the mideast...so the briliance we now have as C-in-C decides to throw in with the Mmuslim Brotherhood and Al Queda !
  We are already involved in 2 wars which are now in a costly, increasingly less productive, mire.  Why take on another war where the loss of more American lives and treasure can only benefit the same gang we have been fighting for 10 years?
  Is it any surprise people wonder just where his loyalties lie ?
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Mohawk

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2011, 03:33:53 PM »
Obama is Commander in Chief. Anywhere we are he can get us out. If he has not then he wants us there. Any, and I mean every shot, made by a US soldier falls on his shoulders. Every time we take a life or they take our lives is, by default, approved by him. He vould bring every soldier home today.

Offline Junior1942

• Trade Count: (1)
    • The Frugal Outdoorsman
« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2011, 03:32:41 AM »
He taught Constitutional law at Harvard.  That means he has analyized every Supreme Court decision ever made.  IOW, he knows the Constitution backwards and forward and inside out.  He even knows more about it than you experts, believe it or not.
Sorry Jr, I don't buy that.  I taught "justification on the use of deadly force" to PO's, that doesn't make me an expert on the use of DPF, it only makes me a student of the law.  I also took Constitutional law classes for my degree, but that doesn't mean that I had to analyze every Supreme Court decision ever made. IOW your assumption about Obama knowing the Constitution backwards and forward and inside out is in plain English: wrong!
Regarding your comment "He even knows more about it than you experts, believe it or not."  I choose not to believe it.  I learned a long time ago, that "book knowledge" doesn't mean that a person is intelligent, he's just "book smart".  You can be "book smart", and still lack common sense.  IOW a complete idiot.
There is a very big knowledge difference between a person taking a Constitutional Law class and a person teaching a Constitutional Law class.  If you think not, then maybe you should apply for a teaching position at Harvard Law School.  Your vast legal knowledge would be a benefit to all mankind.

Offline OldSchoolRanger

« Reply #34 on: June 07, 2011, 03:59:10 AM »

There is a very big knowledge difference between a person taking a Constitutional Law class and a person teaching a Constitutional Law class.  If you think not, then maybe you should apply for a teaching position at Harvard Law School.  Your vast legal knowledge would be a benefit to all mankind.
[/quote]

I really don't think they would hire me to teach at Harvard Law, I don't fit the stereo types. 
1.I'm not a angry black man who feels that he is insulted when a LEO asks him what he is doing, trying to force open a door. 
2.I am not a docile follower of the unthinking left.
3.I worked for living, since I was 16.
4.My family even when we were struggling to make ends meet, refused to go on welfare.
5.I didn't get a free college education by claiming I was a foreign student.
Need I go on?
And the correct statement I made is; "I also took Constitutional law classes", not a class.
I'm sure if you ask your supreme leader, he will also tell you that he didn't "analyze every Supreme Court decision ever made."
I am sure of one thing, my "vast" legal knowledge is more that your "vast" grasp on the reality of what instructors in any profession know.
"You are entitled to your own opinions, but you are not entitled to your own facts." - Sen. Daniel Patrick Moynihan

My quandary, I personally, don't think I have enough Handi's but, I know I have more Handi's than I really need or should have.

Offline Junior1942

• Trade Count: (1)
    • The Frugal Outdoorsman
« Reply #35 on: June 07, 2011, 05:26:47 AM »
I am sure of one thing, my "vast" legal knowledge is more that your "vast" grasp on the reality of what instructors in any profession know.
Really?  The students knew more than the teachers in your classes?  Teachers, even at a low quality place like Harvard Law School, are almost always experts on the subjects they teach.  Unless, of course, they're Democrats, huh?

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #36 on: June 07, 2011, 06:16:31 AM »
it's pretty much a fact that most of todays colleges are getting ultra liberal which could spell the downfall of this country.
we need more schools like ABAC  in georgia.  they even have a coon hunting club.
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     bugeye

Offline lakota

• Trade Count: (26)
« Reply #37 on: June 07, 2011, 07:40:18 AM »
Really?  The students knew more than the teachers in your classes?  Teachers, even at a low quality place like Harvard Law School, are almost always experts on the subjects they teach.  Unless, of course, they're Democrats, huh?

You just dont get it- a college degree does not make you smart. A faculty position at Harvard doesnt make you smart.
Hi NSA! Can you see how many fingers I am holding up?

Offline Pat/Rick

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #38 on: June 07, 2011, 08:54:33 AM »
Whats the Constitution when taking care of your masters riches are at stake? C'mon, global trade currency is the US dollar, he was trading in gold and the Yuan. I'm sure the IMF was having a caniption fit over that. Somebody had to go spank him.

Offline OldSchoolRanger

« Reply #39 on: June 07, 2011, 05:18:31 PM »
Really?  The students knew more than the teachers in your classes?  Teachers, even at a low quality place like Harvard Law School, are almost always experts on the subjects they teach. Unless, of course, they're Democrats, huh?

Jr - If that is your understanding of my above statement, you really should take a course in reading comprehension.  Or are you waiting for your great leaders' "analysis of  every Supreme Court decision ever made." to assist your comprehension?

I do believe that you have a little understanding of what I said, to assist you further, I took the liberty of highlighting and underlining your own statement.

BTW, I specifically stated Mr. Obama. I didn't mention Democrats, you did.   Do you know something that I don't?  ;D 

lakota - thank you for taking the time to explain it to Jr. 

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #40 on: June 08, 2011, 01:36:01 AM »

I really don't think they would hire me to teach at Harvard Law, I don't fit the stereo types. 
1.I'm not a angry black man who feels that he is insulted when a LEO asks him what he is doing, trying to force open a door. 
2.I am not a docile follower of the unthinking left.
3.I worked for living, since I was 16.
4.My family even when we were struggling to make ends meet, refused to go on welfare.
5.I didn't get a free college education by claiming I was a foreign student.
Need I go on?
And the correct statement I made is; "I also took Constitutional law classes", not a class.
I'm sure if you ask your supreme leader, he will also tell you that he didn't "analyze every Supreme Court decision ever made."
[/quote]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks Old School Ranger;
      Your experiences and sentiments closely parallels those of this old tanker....  Ironglow
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)