Author Topic: leupold service  (Read 790 times)

Offline eastbank

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Contributor
leupold service
« on: June 07, 2011, 10:18:12 AM »
i just recieved a leupold scope i sent in for repairs (several very small specks on ocular inside lens) on 5-25-11,  today being 6-7-11.  a 14 day turn around for repairs. there was no charge and i am totaly satisfied with the service. it reminds me of the old adage(you get what you pay for). eastbank.

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (158)
  • Shooting, Hunting, the Outdoors & ATVs
Re: leupold service
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2011, 12:26:59 PM »
I have had at least two such interactions with this excellent company!!

Leupold remains my #1 choice for optics.
Some say they are too expensive, to them personally, I say I cannot afford NOT to buy a Leupold...

CW
"Pay heed to the man who carries a single shot rifle, he likely knows how to use it."

NRA LIFE Member 
Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline PowPow

• Trade Count: (16)
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2011, 03:09:27 PM »
similar experience. *****
The difference between people who do stuff and people who don't do stuff is that the people who do stuff do stuff.

Offline carbineman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (58)
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2011, 02:21:44 PM »
I have had at least two such interactions with this excellent company!!

Leupold remains my #1 choice for optics.
Some say they are too expensive, to them personally, I say I cannot afford NOT to buy a Leupold...

CW
dittos

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2011, 10:43:53 AM »
they have allways given me top shelf service.
blue lives matter

Offline Empty Quiver

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2011, 01:56:55 PM »
Slightly off subject but... Cabelas tried to sell me an "extended warranty"  with my last Leupold. I kindly informed the cashier it was already warrented for life for me or anyone I sold or gave it to. Exactly how were they going to improve on that? 

These posts only confirm my trust in Leupolds reputation.
**Concealed Carry...Because when seconds count help is only minutes away**

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (158)
  • Shooting, Hunting, the Outdoors & ATVs
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2011, 02:18:15 AM »
Slightly off subject but... Cabelas tried to sell me an "extended warranty"  with my last Leupold. I kindly informed the cashier it was already warrented for life for me or anyone I sold or gave it to. Exactly how were they going to improve on that? 

These posts only confirm my trust in Leupolds reputation.

GOOD ONE!! LOL

CW
"Pay heed to the man who carries a single shot rifle, he likely knows how to use it."

NRA LIFE Member 
Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline yooper77

• Trade Count: (33)
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2011, 05:49:30 AM »
I have sent in my share of scopes and they are stellar in all aspects. I refuse to buy any other optic regardless of the price. No other optic company can beat their quality and customer service.

I don't hesitate to buy new or used Leupolds since I know I am fully covered without any receipts or silly warranty cards.

yooper77

Offline IOWA DON

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2011, 07:31:57 AM »
Almost all my scopes are Leupolds. I've only sent one in for repairs, and the damage was not their fault. However, I sent a VXIII 3.5-10X scope in to have a reticle installed with range compensating aiming points. The understanding was that my 7MM STW could be sighted in for the main crosshairs to be on at 300 yards and the other aiming points would be OK for 400, 500, and 600 yards. The problem was that the extra aiming points were not all in the positions I asked for as I discovered when I got the scope back, so my money was pretty much wasted. When I called them they did not offer to replace the new reticle with an old one at no cost or a reduced cost. I will probably pay the extra cost to have the reticle changed back and their "crank-in-the-range" adjustable turrent installed. However, I paid a lot for the original modification, did not get what I paid for, and am a little dissipointed in the company I had a lot of faith in.

Offline Casull

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2011, 08:20:37 AM »
I currently own 5 Leupold scopes.  I have yet to need any warranty service, BUT I know that if I do there will be no problems.  Worth every penny.
Aim small, miss small!!!