Author Topic: Tactical Trainers  (Read 482 times)

Offline Savage

• Trade Count: (0)
Tactical Trainers
« on: June 14, 2011, 01:32:31 PM »
Anyone use a rimfire for low cost practice or training? It's becoming more common in my circles to see rimfire clones of fighting guns or conversion kits used for low cost practice. I have a M&P 15-22 with an EoTec knockoff on it for cheap long gun practice, and a rimfire conversion kit for my 1911s. I have had a rimfire conversion for my Glocks on order for a couple of years now,------still on back order. I enjoy practicing with them from time to time when I don't want to tap into my centerfire ammo supply. I try to keep a good supply of centerfire ammo loaded up and ready, but sometimes I'm just not in the mood to reload. It doesn't take many three gun or carbine matches to go through 1000rds of 5.56! I practice with the centerfire guns most of the time, but it's really nice to go out and shoot 500+ rds of .22lr for less than $20!
Savage
An appeaser is one who feeds the crocodile hoping it will eat him last,

Offline Bigeasy

• Trade Count: (5)
Re: Tactical Trainers
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2011, 03:40:45 PM »
Picked up a Colt M4 .22 rimfire when they first came out, great for practice when the real thing is impractical (my back yard range).  Was using a Kimber .22 conversion kit, but bought a GSG .22 1911 copy, and have been using it a lot as well.  Except for recoil, you would think you were shooting a .45.  By the way, there is a new gun out, copy of a Glock, only in rimfire.  Not sure who makes it, but the one I played with recently seemed well made, and was not that much $$

Larry
Personal opinion is a good thing, and everyone is entitled to one.  The hard part is separating informed opinion from someone who is just blowing hot air....

Offline Savage

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2011, 04:44:05 PM »
Thanks for the info on the Glock .22lr copy. Seems like I've seen those somewhere. Might be an alternative to the AA conversion kit that I may never get----------!
Savage
An appeaser is one who feeds the crocodile hoping it will eat him last,

Offline oldandslow

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2011, 04:04:22 AM »
Like Bigeasy, I have a Colt M4/22. Fun gun and very accurate. I picked up a Chiappa 1911-22 earlier this year because the GSG just hasn't found it's way to the gunshops I frequent. It's a fun gun also. It seems to be accurate but I'm not with old eyes and shaky hands so I can't brag about the groups I get with it.