Author Topic: Wisconsin Supreme Court Upholds Union Law  (Read 1129 times)

Offline while99

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Wisconsin Supreme Court Upholds Union Law
« on: June 14, 2011, 10:35:47 PM »

The Wisconsin Supreme Court narrowly ruled Tuesday that the state's contentious union rights law can go into effect, giving Republican Gov. Scott Walker a major victory after a long and dramatic battle.

The high court upheld Walker's law in a 4-3 vote, reflecting the partisan divide of the members.

Walker pushed the law that eliminates most of public employees' collective bargaining rights and forces them to pay more for their health and pension benefits. He says it's needed for the state to address its budget problems.

"The Supreme Court's ruling provides our state the opportunity to move forward together and focus on getting Wisconsin working again," Walker said in a statement.

The law passed in March after weeks of protests that drew tens of thousands of people to the state Capitol. But the law has been tied up in the courts since a Democrat filed a lawsuit accusing Republicans of violating the state open meetings law during the run-up to passage.

The Wisconsin Supreme Court said the judge had no authority to interfere with the legislative process.

The court ruled Tuesday just hours before the Republican-controlled Assembly was planning to start debating the state budget and possibly adding the collective bargaining provisions since the case was tied up in the court.

Supreme Court Chief Justice Shirley Abrahamson wrote a blistering dissent of the court's ruling, accusing Justice David Prosser of appearing to have a "partisan slant" with his concurring opinion.

Abrahamson says the ruling was hastily reached. It came just eight days after oral arguments.

Abrahamson was joined in the dissent by Justices Ann Walsh Bradley and Patrick Crooks. In the majority were Prosser, Michael Gableman, Annette Ziegler and Patience Roggensack.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/06/14/wisconsins-high-court-says-controversial-union-law-can-take-effect/#ixzz1PKNGEdSh

Offline magooch

Re: Wisconsin Supreme Court Upholds Union Law
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2011, 04:23:17 AM »
Now all that's left is for the Wisconsin state workers to go on a protest strike, and then they can all be fired and Wisconsin can start with a clean slate.  You gotta do what ya gotta do.
Swingem

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2011, 08:02:57 AM »
Kinda wondering where old scoot is?
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline jimster

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2011, 09:08:57 AM »
The Wisconsin Supreme Court said the judge had no authority to interfere with the legislative process.

This is correct and has been pointed out in weeks past. 
But what should bother some people in Wisconsin, is there are still 3 high court judges that do not know what their role is.  We see that kind of thing a lot all over the country now. 

Should have all went into effect right away after legislation, any challenges can happen after that.

Offline zoot686

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2011, 03:09:43 PM »
Walker pushed the law that eliminates most of public employees' collective bargaining rights and forces them to pay more for their health and pension benefits.

Yeah, that dirty old bugger actually believes that any raises over and above cost of living raises should go to a referendum, to be voted on by the people being forced to pay those wages.

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2011, 05:57:24 AM »

Yeah, that dirty old bugger actually believes that any raises over and above cost of living raises should go to a referendum, to be voted on by the people being forced to pay those wages.

Now if that same requirement would include wages paid to Wisconsin politicians I would give them a great big
" ATTA BOY "  ;)
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.

Offline Buckskin

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2011, 06:02:02 AM »
Kinda wondering where old scoot is?

I'm afraid he invested so much of his sweat and effort into this topic, when he saw his deck of cards collapse he pulled the plug on the entire forum...  Democrats here in Wisconsin have been handed their rearends to them loud and clear, without a doubt.  Loss after loss, finally this State is waking up and not letting the donkey's run the show anymore...
Buckskin

"I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends respect me. The others can do whatever the hell they please.   --John Wayne

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2011, 08:50:10 AM »
It is about time the host cast off some parasites. It is getting to the lice were drawing so much blood that the host was near death.
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline magooch

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2011, 05:00:27 AM »
My guess is that Prosser had just cause to strangle Bradley.  Just cause she's a stinking liberal.
Swingem

Offline Buckskin

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2011, 02:24:54 PM »
Wonder why it comes out 2 weeks later.... My guess is that there is nothing to it, but if there is - I support Prosser 100%.
Buckskin

"I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends respect me. The others can do whatever the hell they please.   --John Wayne

Offline Buckskin

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2011, 08:09:30 AM »

Typical of the liberal loons to call out the conservative being biased when there are 3 screaming donkeys on the court, one of which attacked Prosser...  By the way, Prosser is an incumbent not a Walker guy.  Fictitious fabrications only work in the tinhat forum.  But hey go start a topic. ::) ::) ::)
Buckskin

Offline Casull

« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2011, 09:03:17 AM »
Prosser, a former Republican legislator and Assembly Speaker, was a key player in getting Governor Scott Walker's controversial budget repair bill that stripped unions of their rights . . .
Gov Walker's bill to strip most collective bargaining rights from public employees . . .
protesters opposing the bill, numbering 100,000 at times . . .
It decided somewhat controversially 4-3 . . .
Republicans nonetheless passed the bill

Talk about unbiased reporting.   :o ::)
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline magooch

« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2011, 09:51:07 AM »
The so-called choking incident was a fabrication from Bradley's imagination and the actual incident was well witnessed by other justices.  In fact another justice pulled Bradley away from Prosser who was trying to hold the irate Bradley at bay.  She (Bradley) was adament that Prosser was trying to choke her, even though the witnesses said, "No he wasn't."  She then admitted, Well he would have if you hadn't pulled me away." 

The entire incident was investigated by the court security officer and the local sheriff.  There was absolutely no evidence to support Bradley's charges.
Swingem

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2011, 12:46:53 PM »
My BIL said this was a fabrication in total. Pretty much what the investigation shows. I have a feeling we will shortly see her step down and disappear as she is having serious mental issues related to alzhimers. Yall remember how accurate my predictions to old Scoot were don't ya?

Offline Casull

« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2011, 01:20:53 PM »
How would you re-write your above quote....to be unbiased reporting?...Let's see.......

Alright, tm, how about this:

Prosser, a former Republican legislator and Assembly Speaker, was a key player in getting one of four Wisconsin Supreme Court Justices that upheld the passage of Governor Scott Walker's controversial budget repair bill that stripped unions of their rights removed many collective bargaining tools previously available to the unions . . .

Gov Walker's bill to strip remove most collective bargaining rights tools from public employees . . .

protesters opposing the bill, numbering 100,000 at times, while those in support of the bill and numbering ? at times . . .

It decided somewhat controversially in a relatively typical 4-3 . . .

Due to the fact that Democrats refused to show for a vote, Republicans nonetheless passed the bill in their absence
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline Casull

« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2011, 01:24:14 PM »
Because when contacted Prosser did not deny there was contact between him and Bradley.

tm, doesn't look like there is any denial here either.

In fact another justice pulled Bradley away from Prosser who was trying to hold the irate Bradley at bay.
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2011, 02:02:15 PM »
Nothing new there with Dems usual hooligan behavior.
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.

Offline Buckskin

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2011, 03:21:04 AM »
I absolutely love it! The dems have stuck out in every way possible here in Wisconsin, and the joy is slowly spreading across the country.  Even liberal governors are seeing what Walker did and what is possible with reasonable legislation.
Walker balanced the budget, eliminated a 2.6 billion dollar deficit (we are projected to have a nice surplus) school districts who were smart and didn't rush to implement a new contract have a more money for the kids/schools than they ever have (the districts who were foolish and tried to screw over the taxpayers will have to suffer a year or two) and did all this while freezing property taxes!  And all this cost the union workers a few dollars for healthcare and pension (something that the rest of us don't even have).  Wait until they are paying their fair share!  We will be able to actually cut taxes. 

And the icing on the cake for all of this is that it really is driving the liberals crazy seeing that all of Walkers plans are implemented and working as predicted by him.  The sky is falling rants, the union thuggery, the daily mob at the Capital, the defacing of the Capital, the threatening letters to businesses, everything they did blew up in their faces.  And I love it!  The liberaloons have less support than ever here and I think they will be very suprised to see how these recall elections go.
Buckskin

Offline Buckskin

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2011, 03:33:49 AM »
My BIL said this was a fabrication in total. Pretty much what the investigation shows. I have a feeling we will shortly see her step down and disappear as she is having serious mental issues related to alzhimers. Yall remember how accurate my predictions to old Scoot were don't ya?

Ahhh yes, old Scoot.  Ran from this board when Walker won, like the 14 donkeys ran to FIB-land...

Your source is correct Billy, Bradley came at Prosser.  He either had a choice of holding her off by pushing her chest (not recommended) or her throat.  You don't have to be there to have the facts correct...

Really if you think logically.  Why would Prosser be upset??? This happened just before the courts vote on collective bargaining, he had the votes, he knew it.  Bradley also knew she was on the losing side.  Prosser said he didn't have confidence in the Chief Justice Shirley Abrahamson (because Prosser's assessment of her was completely accurate) and Bradley yelled at him ordering him out of her office and came after him.  Makes complete sense if your willing to think about it which I know is hard for liberals and tinhatters....
Buckskin

Offline Casull

« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2011, 06:19:16 AM »
Casull....very neutral re-write...much like FOXy...  Just Eliminate alot of the facts.

Not a surprising reply, tm.  Soooo, tell me, exactly what "facts" did I eliminate?   ::)
Aim small, miss small!!!