Author Topic: Revelation Thread  (Read 1972 times)

Offline MePlat

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Revelation Thread
« on: June 16, 2011, 11:52:29 AM »
Where is the Revelation thread?  I can't find it.
You Know Me.  I Don't Have a Clue

Offline Veral

• GBO Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (1)
    • Lead Bullet Technology
Re: Revelation Thread
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2011, 08:22:01 PM »
  Sorry, but I deleted it because I considered it somewhat dated,  but more than that, perhaps offensive to some, though it may not have actually been.  You see, I wrote it because of that scam artist who had deceived so many people, then after it had been up for a while felt the overall message had become a bit distasteful because of the posts by others which were more cocky, than factual responses.   I probably should have just cleaned it up and left it in place, but cannot recover it now that it has been deleted.

I would be glad to answer any spiritual questions though, if I can, and  if you have some.  And, you can count on one thing when you ask me a question regarding ANY matter.  You will get a straight answer IF I HAVE ONE, and I will not hesitate to tell you I don't know if I am not dead sure of what I am saying.  There is a whole lot more in this world that I don't now than what I do know, about any subject.  However, on spiritual matters, I will empahtically state that the hammering I got from the government, with the prison sentence to try to put me out of business, taught me MANY TIMES more about spiritual matters than I had learned in the 59 years previous to that!   The main thing I learned is that The Almighty Creator God is THE living power that runs this universe, yet he  wants to be personal with every person on the earth, and I find it quite easy to explain to people how to get into that postion.   I love to talk and discuss it with anyone, yet  am careful not to be offensive to those who don't want to hear it.

Post any question you want, and I'll do what I can, but will try to name the post in some manner so readers will know it is a spiritual post, and can avoid it if they prefer.  I will also delete any cocky know it all posts which don't give solid truth for an answer, same as I tend to do with cast bullet  responses which I know to be error.
Veral Smith

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2011, 03:23:51 AM »
I like to see people stand up for God and Jesus.  Jesus is the lawyer that will argue our case before God and if we don't argue Jesus case here on earth, we have no hope.
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline Veral

• GBO Sponsor
    • Lead Bullet Technology
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2011, 10:13:45 PM »
  I'm taking your statement VERY well with it's intent and meaning which is correct, but I like to take this thing a little closer to the heart.

God is our Father and Jesus our elder brother.     Neither of them are going to step on anyone who wants and tries to be a son or daughter.  Read the whole Bible end to end, frontward and backward, and it becomes very clear, we'll be judged by the desires of our heart, not because any of us are perfect.     If you have a family, look at those little monkeys knocking over their milk at the dinner table, and feeling bad about it. and the same kind of feelings which God has for us should well up in your own bosom.

I'm real sure about this, because I'm a dad and grand dad, and because on the night which I was indited, God spoke to me for the first time in my life, when I was 59.  These were his words, immediately after I asked Him if I could count on him to defend me in this. (Bogus Federal charges.) 
  His words were, very loud and clear.  "Simple child.  I put my spirit of protection for my children in every living being.  I put it in you!   You, my son, are under the protection of Almighty God."

That was 12 years ago and the defense he promised hasn't come yet, but it will, as sure as sunrise.   You see, I never let my kids down, even though I didn't always defend them precisely when and how THEY  thought I should.  I always did it in what I knew was the best way at the best time!  So waiting on my Father is quite easy.  Same as looking forward to meeting him after this life is easy to think about.   I know that he exists,  and that his feelings toward me, and you,  is the same as mine toward my family.
Veral Smith

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2011, 07:29:57 AM »
....................................  Jesus is the lawyer that will argue our case before God and if we don't argue Jesus case here on earth, we have no hope.

It appears to me that you sell the power of your God somwhat short if you believe he requires your help in fulfilling his plans.
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2011, 08:56:43 AM »
....................................  Jesus is the lawyer that will argue our case before God and if we don't argue Jesus case here on earth, we have no hope.

It appears to me that you sell the power of your God somwhat short if you believe he requires your help in fulfilling his plans.
he don't need my help in anything.  standing up for Jesus is kinda like paying a retainer to a lawyer so when you need him he'll be there.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2011, 03:13:05 PM »
I admit, this is a rather unique way of looking at it. :D

Offline goofyoldfart

• grumpy old fart as well as goofy old fart.
  • Contributor
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2012, 10:24:43 AM »
I know that this thread has not been posted on for at least 120 days. Having said that , I still think that BUGEYE has the right attitude. It is not so much that God "needs" our help as while here on earth that we try to help others find God and or help answer their questions. I know that I am STILL trying to find the answers to my questions and have to admit that my Pastor may be right when he says that sometimes I over complicate things too much and should just ask the Lord to just smack me up the head with simplicity and just learn to believe. I think he was joking about the smack part (I hope). But in all honesty, I DO tend to rationalise, analyze almost becoming paralysed. Just had a thought----analyze, Hmmmmm, first part is ANAL, Hmmmm. God Bless to all.

Goofyoldfart.

Offline Veral

• GBO Sponsor
    • Lead Bullet Technology
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2012, 08:48:51 PM »
  I didn't comment on the post that god doesn't need our help, as I didn't consider it a point of contention when I read it origianlly.  And still don't.   No contention over it!  Get that?

But a question.  Have you ever heard of doing Gods work?  It is done by humans.  Which  Gods angels are not, nor is he.  He does need our help and if we ask to be of help to him, he'll show us many rewarding tasks to do.  Primarly for others.   The accomplishments will always be to draw those we have helped to our God.    Maybe not always, but it is our most powerful sermon, and possibly only sermon for most people, methinks.  Been working that way for thousands of years and working just fine.
Veral Smith

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2012, 05:17:12 AM »
That earthly work was assigned to the Jews. They flat out don't want to do it. I'm not qualified to help out or even motivated to do so. 

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2012, 05:30:03 AM »
That earthly work was assigned to the Jews. They flat out don't want to do it. I'm not qualified to help out or even motivated to do so.
you ARE qualified.  find someone that has a need and take care of it for them.  do it with cash, not a check.  you'll be surprised at the good feeling it gives.
our daughter has taken the same path, and that gives us even more satisfaction.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline Veral

• GBO Sponsor
    • Lead Bullet Technology
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2012, 06:51:10 PM »
  Read the Book a bit more carefully and you'll learn that all who believe in Christ and commit there life to him become children of Israel by adoption.  About not being qualified to do Gods work.  Have you EVER heard of a miracle being done which was not asked for?  By miricle I mean an unquestionable supernatural fix for a problem.  Christ assigned the job of ASKING to all who call Him their master.   Supernatural power granted to men for asking.  Not done by them but at their request.

By the way.  That "Revelation thread" was about  a man who prediceted the return of Christ on a specific date, and it will probably happen again, as it has many times down through history.  So, I'm going to write very briefly about the matter. 

As things heat up politically in  the USA, and the economy crashes to the bottom,  Christians accross the nation will be stating their belief and hope in a "rapture" to take them out of the coming misery.   This because the prevailing teaching  of churchanity in the US predicts such a rapture.  It was taught in Russia and in China before Communists took those nations over, and many of the people who believed it cursed God when it didn't happen.    Don't let that happen to you!  You can avoid such a horrible letdown by simply reading what Christ very clearly taught about the matter.  Use a King James bible with christs words in read to make the research real easy, and simply read through what he said toward the end of the 4 gospels.  Matthew, Mark, Luke and John.  Take it just like you read it and don't swallow anybodies teaching if it doesn't fit what you read.   The Bible is the living word of God, so ask him to make it live as you read it and he will if you mean it when you ask.

I'm asking you to look especially for these things which he promised.  His followers WILL suffer tribulation.   He WILL return without warning, in the blink of an eye, and  ALL will see him.   When people say here is Christ, there is Christ,  DO NOT GO OUT TO MEET HIM!  He specifically states that he will come and get his followers.  Just WAIT!   No man knoweth the hour or day of his return.  (So don't try to guess it or believe those who make predictions!)  Christs teachings describe when the time is close, and that by the things that are going on right now, for the first time in history, we will know his coming is close.

If you like the 'rapture' word, I expect there is no harm in using it, but plan on getting what christians have gotten for 2000 years and you won't be dissapointed if the "glorious rapture" doesn't take you out of tribulation.

Believe me, Judy and I have gone through tribulation for the last 12 years since we were put in prison, but Christ has gone through it with us, and given us the power to stand.  By that I know he will be with us through anything else that comes.  Remember he is not a respector of persons, so he will carry you through whatever comes also.  If you are found faithful, he will pick you up when he returns, and not until, whether you believe in the american taught version of rapture or consider it false as I do.

To many, sickness, accidents divorce etc will be all the tribulation they will ever get, and that can be as severe as anyone has ever gotten.  That kind, which in fact comes from the pit, has been going on for as long as men have walked the earth.    Just be strong and ask for supernatural help, whatever fall on you.  He has given it to Judy and me for these past 12 years, enough that we can stand, and take more, and He will give it for you.
Veral Smith

Offline goofyoldfart

• Contributor
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2012, 11:23:17 AM »
Veral: Thank you for your words. If, in truth, there is a "rapture", I for one would just as soon stay and fight the enemy. I am a warrior, old as I may be, but I'm trying to accept with my heart our Lords words. ya gotta cut a line and stand for your beliefs. My hardest part of all this is "turning the other cheek". God Bless to all and yours.

Goofy

ETA:  straightened out poor sentence structure.

Offline Veral

• GBO Sponsor
    • Lead Bullet Technology
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2012, 08:17:34 PM »
  I reckon we all have to make a personal call on whether to fight or not if and when things get out of control, but we don't get a choice in whether we stay and fight when Christ decides to remove his followers. 

I hope all my readers are somewhat aware of what is rapidly coming down on our nation, and that they are without fear.  Aprehension, and dread of trouble personally and for everyone else, but no fear of death because of the unknown after death.   
Veral Smith

Offline goofyoldfart

• Contributor
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2012, 09:00:11 AM »
Very true words Veral. thank you. God Bless to all.

Goofy