Author Topic: Manuals for H&R guns  (Read 2314 times)

Offline OldSchoolRanger

• Trade Count: (60)
Manuals for H&R guns
« on: June 23, 2011, 06:53:01 AM »
It's been raining buckets the last couple of days here, so I couldn't get out of the house.  So I spent/wasted some time on the computer.  During my browsing on-line, I found this site/dealer on ebay.  He has loads of manuals for various guns, but most interesting was the fact that he had quite a few selections for H&R (NEF) guns.  The H&R manuals are on pages 3 and 4.  I didn't go through the entire list.  Hope this helps any of the NEF/H&R guys looking for manuals.

http://stores.ebay.com/Rediscovered-Shooting-Treasures/_i.html?rt=nc&_sid=5076801&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14.l1513&_pgn=3

Moderator - Don't know if this is the right place for this post, please feel free to move to appropriate place.  If this is a violation, please feel free to delete or modify the post.

Disclaimer: I do not have any thing to do with poster on ebay that is selling these items.
"You are entitled to your own opinions, but you are not entitled to your own facts." - Sen. Daniel Patrick Moynihan

When you allow a lie to go unchallenged, it becomes the truth.

My quandary, I personally, don't think I have enough Handi's but, I know I have more Handi's than I really need or should have.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Re: Manuals for H&R guns
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2011, 11:26:08 AM »
I moved this here since the ebay source only offers manuals for firearms prior to 1978, you won't see anything for NEF because they didn't exist until 1986.  ;) You might want to post a direct link to his Huntsman manual in the Huntsman/Sidekick forum sticky on manuals for the Huntsman, I think the manuals alread there are H&R1871 Huntsmans.

Tim

I only do pre-1978 items as that is the year that automatic copyrights went into affect. Thus all my items are legally made from Public Domain originals under the law.
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline PHATINJUN

• "Seeker of the Red Mist"
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (144)
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2011, 04:43:40 PM »
Ranger you may want to get the old Huntsman manual from this guy as I still have not found mine that I promised you a copy of (no I didn't forget ) I must of stuck mine in a book or something as I still can't find it sorry but thanks for the post. Kurt
Deceased 2/16/24
https://www.dignitymemorial.com/obituaries/machesney-park-il/kurt-heckman-11671764

Sportster17M2,20"Nickle410Tamer,26"410,
WTUTI12ga,WTU25-06,M158 22RemJet, 24"Ultra.204Ruger24"UltraFluted.204Ruger
M157Mannliker.22Hornet,24".223UltraFluted,   24".223Ultra,7X64BrenekkeUltra,22-250AIUltraFluted            7.62x39,22"303Britstub.32H&Rmag, .32303BritstubHuntsman,24" SS.50calHuntsman 58calHuntsman 12gaHuntsman
NEF RevolversSSModel73.32H&Rmag                     Blued Model73.32H&R mag The herd is shrinking!!
                                 "SOLI DEO GLORIA"

Offline OldSchoolRanger

• Trade Count: (60)
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2011, 08:06:01 PM »
PHATINJUN - I finally got my .45 cal Huntsman cleaned up, she has some play/sideways wiggle when locked up.  Guess I have to figure out the best way to shim it for a tighter lockup.  Can you give me a starting load, grains of BP substitute, and suggested bullets, also the suggested bullet diameter would help a lot.  Don't really need the book, just wanted it for safety as far as starting and max loads.  Thanks.
"You are entitled to your own opinions, but you are not entitled to your own facts." - Sen. Daniel Patrick Moynihan

When you allow a lie to go unchallenged, it becomes the truth.

My quandary, I personally, don't think I have enough Handi's but, I know I have more Handi's than I really need or should have.

Offline wwpete52

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2011, 11:53:07 AM »
I read somewhere that you can make a shim out of a pop can that will tighten it up.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2011, 12:45:47 PM »
I read somewhere that you can make a shim out of a pop can that will tighten it up.

Barrel fitting(shimming) is covered in detail in the H&R Centerfire FAQs.  ;)

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain