Author Topic: Prohibition Party  (Read 3567 times)

Offline Junior1942

• Trade Count: (1)
    • The Frugal Outdoorsman
Prohibition Party
« on: June 24, 2011, 05:37:20 AM »
Here's part of the Religious Right's agenda: Prohibition Party meets in Cullman, Ala. Reckon some of our forum members are members of the Prohibition Party, too? 

http://www.knoe.com/story/14970233/prohibition-party-meets-in-cullman-ala

Offline coldmold

• Avid Poster
Re: Prohibition Party
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2011, 05:58:11 AM »
 So whats your point

Offline Junior1942

• The Frugal Outdoorsman
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2011, 06:19:01 AM »
So whats your point
I'd rather buy my beer than make it or buy it from a bootlegger.

Offline yellowtail3

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Oh father of the four winds, fill my sails!
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2011, 06:22:03 AM »
and it it nice to have a brew - or some whiskey - without have to worry that state thugs will accost you.

God forbid that some might even ingest a plant that grows in the field!
Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2011, 07:04:06 AM »
i  bet  obumer  is  hoping  for their  success

they  will absorb  many of the  ''anti-obumer''  vote

they  will definitly  hurt  RON  PAUL  in  his fight  for  freedom
when drugs are outlawed only out laws will have drugs
DO WHAT EVER IT TAKES TO STOP A DEMOCRAT
OBAMACARE....the biggest tax hike in the  history of mankind
free choice and equality  can't co-exist
AFTER THE LIBYAN COVER-UP... remind any  democrat voters ''they sat and  watched them die''...they  told help to ''stand down''

many statements made here are fiction and are for entertainment purposes only and are in no way to be construed as a description of actual events.
no one is encouraged to do anything dangerous or break any laws.

Offline Dixie Dude

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2011, 07:21:46 AM »
I live in Alabama and noticed they met in Culman, Alabama.  This county, north of Birmingham, was a "dry" county, not allowing any alcohol sales.  During the last election they voted to go "wet" and allow alcohol sales.  Guess some of the people who were against the sales started the Prohibition party.  Alabama years ago, allowed counties to vote their own decision of "wet" or "dry".  There is probably only a handful of counties left that are "dry" in Alabama. 

Offline dukkillr

• Moderators
    • The Daily Limit
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2011, 07:55:39 AM »
I've said it before, but...

Many of the far right, "Christian Conservatives" have no interest in real freedom.  They are actually working towards a Christian theocracy.

Offline Shu

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2011, 08:02:22 AM »
True Christians believe in self control, not controlling everyone else.

You want to imbibe a cold beer on a hot afternoon, great. You want to put a taste of whiskey in your coffe on a cold night, great. You want to get behind the wheel of a car after having a few and IMHO you should be flogged.

I don't drink but could care less if anyone else does.

Offline powderman

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2011, 08:11:41 AM »
True Christians believe in self control, not controlling everyone else.

You want to imbibe a cold beer on a hot afternoon, great. You want to put a taste of whiskey in your coffe on a cold night, great. You want to get behind the wheel of a car after having a few and IMHO you should be flogged.

I don't drink but could care less if anyone else does.

EXACTLY. POWDERMAN.  ;D ;D
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline Casull

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2011, 08:51:18 AM »
Here's part of the Religious Right's agenda: Prohibition Party meets in Cullman, Ala. Reckon some of our forum members are members of the Prohibition Party, too? 

Wrong again, junior.  That is NOT part of the "Religious Right's agenda", but rather part of the Prohibition Party's agenda.  Since there were all of 25 people at this meeting, I'd say odds are extremely small that any forum members are party members.   ::)
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline lakota

• Trade Count: (26)
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2011, 08:54:24 AM »

Wrong again, junior.  That is NOT part of the "Religious Right's agenda", but rather part of the Prohibition Party's agenda.  Since there were all of 25 people at this meeting, I'd say odds are extremely small that any forum members are party members.   ::)

Cant waste any opportunity to trash those who dont stand united with his highness King Barack...even if it means making false accusations.
Hi NSA! Can you see how many fingers I am holding up?

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2011, 09:24:23 AM »
the rule book (bible) says don't be a drunkard.  it does Not tell you that you can't drink.
Jesus himself changed water to wine.   it would be nice if I could change it to asti spumati.
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline yellowtail3

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2011, 10:10:55 AM »
the rule book (bible) says don't be a drunkard.  it does Not tell you that you can't drink.
Jesus himself changed water to wine.   it would be nice if I could change it to asti spumati.
That rulebook doesn't say you can't drink, or smoke a little herb, or cook it into your fudge bars, either. 

Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2011, 10:28:01 AM »
looks like the roaring 20's will follow the gay 90's once more !
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline Junior1942

• The Frugal Outdoorsman
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2011, 11:13:18 AM »

The agenda of the religious right is a protestant taliban in control of the USA.  Alcoholic beverages will be one of the first things to go.  Secular music will be out, too.  No birth control allowed. 

Offline yellowtail3

« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2011, 11:27:07 AM »
The agenda of the religious right is a protestant taliban in control of the USA.  Alcoholic beverages will be one of the first things to go.  Secular music will be out, too.  No birth control allowed.

In years past I'd have said that's some leftists hooey, but reading some posts here, I can see how some come to that conclusion. I know a lot of Christians, and a lot of conservatives, and few qualify as taliban. Some do give that impression, though; no need to name names. You can spot 'em by their overweening contempt for people who don't line up with their ideology.

Offline powderman

« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2011, 11:28:07 AM »

BUGEYE. Very true. Most folks don't understand that. POWDERMAN.  ;D ;D
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Offline Casull

« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2011, 11:51:21 AM »
Quote from: Casull on Today at 12:51:18 PM

Wrong again, junior.  That is NOT part of the "Religious Right's agenda", but rather part of the Prohibition Party's agenda.  Since there were all of 25 people at this meeting, I'd say odds are extremely small that any forum members are party members.   

junior, I know a number of conservatives who are Christians.  Almost all of them have the occasional (or sometimes more than occasional) drink.  Only two are non-drinkers.  NONE of them have a problem with anyone drinking within reason.  I'll go out on a limb and guess that with your intolerant attitude against Christians, you don't socialize much with those people and actually know no more about them than you do the tax code. 
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline Junior1942

• The Frugal Outdoorsman
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2011, 11:59:12 AM »
Quote from: Casull on Today at 12:51:18 PM

Wrong again, junior.  That is NOT part of the "Religious Right's agenda", but rather part of the Prohibition Party's agenda.  Since there were all of 25 people at this meeting, I'd say odds are extremely small that any forum members are party members.   

junior, I know a number of conservatives who are Christians.  Almost all of them have the occasional (or sometimes more than occasional) drink.  Only two are non-drinkers.  NONE of them have a problem with anyone drinking within reason.  I'll go out on a limb and guess that with your intolerant attitude against Christians, you don't socialize much with those people and actually know no more about them than you do the tax code.
Wow, you don't know beans about me.  I'm surrounded by Christians!  And as for as the tax code, I for a fact think Exxon-Mobil should pay income taxes on their $1,000,000,000 per week in profits.  The 15% oil depletion allowance needs to go.   

Offline Dixie Dude

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2011, 12:04:29 PM »
I'm a Christian, and want Christian "PRINCIPLES" used in the law.  Far right is not Christian Taliban. 

Abortion is however murder of an unborn human, like there is a heartbeat and brainwaves at 6 weeks.  At 5 months 85% of babies can live outside of the womb.  There are other ways to handle NOT getting pregnant.  Most Christian families I know use birth control of some kind, just not abortion.  I know it is against the Catholic doctrine to even use birth control, but most Catholics today use it. 

Misuse of Alcohol kills a lot of people, just like misuse of drugs.  If a person wants to destroy their body, that is their business, just don't drive and do it and don't get underaged teens involved.  I am for legalising some drugs like pot and taxing it.  I don't have to buy it. 

Being Gay is a SIN in the Bible.  If a person wants to be gay, that is their business.  I just don't want them pushing their agenda down my throat.  Nor should they teach their doctrine to kids in school.  School should be for teaching the basics, not social experimentation.  Marriage is for a a man and woman to have and raise a family.  I don't have a problem with legal unions.  Even non-gays could join in a legal union for economics.  Like two sisters or brothers to save on living expenses and insurance. 

I also think we should look at the world through the Christian perspective and call a spade a spade like the evils of Islam.  We can't have fellowship with this religion. 

Offline Casull

« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2011, 12:29:31 PM »
Wow, you don't know beans about me.  I'm surrounded by Christians!

And yet you know next to nothing about them.
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline Junior1942

• The Frugal Outdoorsman
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2011, 01:04:31 PM »
Wow, you don't know beans about me.  I'm surrounded by Christians!

And yet you know next to nothing about them.
Short and to the point, BS.  My entire family are Christians, and I'm a Christian since childhood, and my grandfather was a Southern Baptist preacher.  And you say I know nothing about Christians?  And I've lived for 68 years in a tiny little population 400 Christian town?  I'm beginning to think you "know next to nothing" about anything!

Offline yellowtail3

« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2011, 01:08:11 PM »
Pssst... Junior... if you want to burnish your Christian Credentials for some in this crowd, you're gonna have to start with the fundamentals of their Faith:

1. Hate Obama
2. Hate Homosexuals
3. Perseverate on Abortion
4. Confuse Contempt Expressed with Rational Discourse
5. Advocate shooting Mexicans
6. Worry over not enough white people in your neighborhood ('trouble coming'!)

...then you might be okay. Otherwise, you're just outside, and illegitimate.

Offline Casull

« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2011, 01:20:14 PM »
Short and to the point, BS.  My entire family are Christians, and I'm a Christian since childhood, and my grandfather was a Southern Baptist preacher.  And you say I know nothing about Christians?  And I've lived for 68 years in a tiny little population 400 Christian town?  I'm beginning to think you "know next to nothing" about anything!

Ok, junior so are any of them conservative?  If so, are you then saying they are "protestant taliban"?  Are you "protestant taliban"?  Or is just those "other Christians"?   ::)
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline yellowtail3

« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2011, 01:24:15 PM »
I've been accused of being Taliban... that, and an Air Pirate.

I was told more than once that I was a right-of-Genghis Khan Gun Nut.

Then that I was a liberal. Or Taliban.

Offline Casull

« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2011, 01:26:13 PM »
Pssst... Junior... if you want to burnish your Christian Credentials for some in this crowd, you're gonna have to start with the fundamentals of their Faith:

1. Hate Obama
2. Hate Homosexuals

Yes, junior, if you're going to stereotype or attack anyone, it can only be those on the right.  And, you have to throw out the race card, homophobe card, etc.  Did I get that right, yellow?   :o
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline Casull

« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2011, 01:27:13 PM »
I've been accused of being Taliban... that, and an Air Pirate.

Are you sure they said "Air"?
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline yellowtail3

« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2011, 01:30:43 PM »
Yes, junior, if you're going to stereotype or attack anyone, it can only be those on the right.  And, you have to throw out the race card, homophobe card, etc.  Did I get that right, yellow?   :o
I can't say; I don't follow the connection.
ON PROHIBITION: I did have two light beers with Dad last night, so I'm against it.
Are you sure they said "Air"?
I am - do you speculate the charge was something else?

Offline powderman

« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2011, 01:35:55 PM »

1. Hate Obama
2. Hate Homosexuals

You've described yourself as a Christian many times, so I assume these are your views?? POWDERMAN.  ::) ::)

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2011, 01:37:43 PM »
typically for liberals, they cannot comprehend what they read.
God and Jesus do NOT hate sinners. read the book.  they hate the sin and wish for the sinners to turn FROM sin.   christians do NOT hate sinners, only the sin. every christian here would love to see sinners do a 180.   for some reason, liberals are full of hate for anyone who professes to love God.  apparently satan is a busy boy. his army is growing and one of his minions is in the WH.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye