Author Topic: Prohibition Party  (Read 3551 times)

Offline powderman

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Prohibition Party
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2011, 01:43:21 PM »
for some reason, liberals are full of hate for anyone who professes to love God.  apparently satan is a busy boy. his army is growing and one of his minions is in the WH.

BUGEYE. Good post. POWDERMAN.  ;D ;D
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2011, 01:51:28 PM »
I know quite a few Christians and a vast majority of them are not the kind to want to limit freedoms. Sure there is the prude who is an exception to the rule but it is a rarity. One group of people who constantly attack the freedoms of others is a lowly group of parasitic bottom feeders who rank right down with pedophiles, lawyers. They are the first to chime in to call themselves the defenders of rights, but they are also a majority of the folks who make and pass laws in our government. The laws they pass are written in a confusing and vague form so they can be used and interpreted and these bottom feeding vermin can exploit them for profit. Every group of people has the exception to the norm of decency, but with lawyers the exception to the rule is just the opposite.
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline powderman

« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2011, 02:52:27 PM »
BILLY. YEP, laws are written by and for lawyers to be so confusing you need a lawyer to tell you what it says===, more money. POWDERMAN.  :o :o
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Offline yellowtail3

• Oh father of the four winds, fill my sails!
« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2011, 04:49:15 PM »
The business of the law, is.... to make business for the law.

Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline Casull

« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2011, 06:16:32 PM »

A simplistic attempt to understand a complex subject.  Contrary to what you fellows may THINK, laws are not written complex to make them difficult to understand, but rather are written so to better withstand attack.
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline yellowtail3

« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2011, 07:00:04 PM »

A simplistic attempt to understand a complex subject.

no, it was a general statement; nothing attempted other than to make the statement.

LAWYER'S PRAYER:
"Dear Lord, please stir up strife and enmity amongst thy people, lest thy servant perish!"
Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2011, 07:05:59 PM »
The reason the parasitic lice we call lawyers in congress make the laws complicated and hard to understand is because in the future this union of bottom feeders uses the loopholes to exploit the laws and make money while producing nothing of actual value.
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline Casull

« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2011, 09:06:15 PM »
Sorry, Billy, but it is impossible (or nearly so) to convey complex laws and regulations in 5 word sentences.  Laws are written not only to convey a concept, but also to withstand attack.
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline Casull

« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2011, 09:08:29 PM »
no, it was a general statement; nothing attempted other than to make the statement.

Surely, yellow, you are not saying that you made a general statement without meaning to convey anything.  A statement without a purpose is gibberish.  Might as well say "I can count to banana".
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline Junior1942

• Trade Count: (1)
    • The Frugal Outdoorsman
« Reply #39 on: June 25, 2011, 02:48:34 AM »
........ apparently satan is a busy boy. his army is growing and one of his minions is in the WH.
Satan is indeed busy--he's worked his magic on you!  The fellow in the WH is the most Christian president since Carter. 

EDIT: NEXT PERSONAL ATTACK FROM YOU WILL GET YOU BANNED FROM GBO FOR 5 DAYS. AFTER THAT YOU WILL BE BANNED PERMANENTLY
Matt

Offline powderman

« Reply #40 on: June 25, 2011, 03:21:45 AM »
The fellow in the WH is the most Christian president since Carter.

HEH, now that is the funniest thing I've heard in a while. YEP, good ol rev wright taught him well. This is going to be a great day. Thanks for starting my day with a really big laugh. POWDERMAN.  ;) ;) ;) :D :D :D

Offline DDZ

« Reply #41 on: June 25, 2011, 03:36:29 AM »
  The fellow in the WH is the most Christian president since Carter. 

I'm curious as to what you base this opinion on.

On Good Friday, or on Christianity's most sacred holiday. Obama made no official statement recognizing Good Friday or Easter. The only way that would happen if he did it on purpose. By comparison he has released statements recognizing major Muslim holiday's like Ramadan, Eid-ul-Fitr, Hajj, and Eid-ul-Adha.
I think you need to watch what the guy does, instead of listening to what he says, because politicians with his character tend to lie, to gain votes.
Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.    Wm. Penn

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #42 on: June 25, 2011, 03:44:56 AM »
........ apparently satan is a busy boy. his army is growing and one of his minions is in the WH.
Satan is indeed busy--he's worked his magic on you!  The fellow in the WH is the most Christian president since Carter.  YOU do the work of satan, BUGEYE!

EDIT: NEXT PERSONAL ATTACK FROM YOU WILL GET YOU BANNED FROM GBO FOR 5 DAYS. AFTER THAT YOU WILL BE BANNED PERMANENTLY
Matt
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #43 on: June 25, 2011, 04:28:27 AM »
you're grasping at straws, try again.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #44 on: June 25, 2011, 05:45:30 AM »
the rule book (bible) says don't be a drunkard.  it does Not tell you that you can't drink.
Jesus himself changed water to wine.   it would be nice if I could change it to asti spumati.
That rulebook doesn't say you can't drink, or smoke a little herb, or cook it into your fudge bars, either.

Matt
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  Matt;
  Sorry, I don't remember this post or even recall answering the above remarks by others..don't know where this came from !

If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #45 on: June 25, 2011, 05:48:30 AM »
Here's part of the Religious Right's agenda: Prohibition Party meets in Cullman, Ala. Reckon some of our forum members are members of the Prohibition Party, too? 

Wrong again, junior.  That is NOT part of the "Religious Right's agenda", but rather part of the Prohibition Party's agenda.  Since there were all of 25 people at this meeting, I'd say odds are extremely small that any forum members are party members.   ::)
The agenda of the religious right is a protestant taliban in control of the USA.  Alcoholic beverages will be one of the first things to go.  Secular music will be out, too.  No birth control allowed.
  ..And from Dukkillr;
  "I've said it before, but...
Many of the far right, "Christian Conservatives" have no interest in real freedom.  They are actually working towards a Christian theocracy"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I find it highly amusing... ;) :D ;D
   Above are two guys who have nothing but contempt for and no connections, however remote..with the "religious right", trying to tell us of the most secretive, inward efforts of that selfsame group ! ;D ;D ;D

Junior & dukkillr ;
     ... Speaking as an 'insider' of that segment you seem so terrorized by; you both could not be further from the truth ! 
  It is the "religious right" which brought our very freedom..  From the "Seperatists" who first settled Plymouth to the many members of the "religious right" who authored the constitution, which is being so battered by the "secular left' these days.. 
   It is the secular left which is trying to call that constitution a "living, breathing document"..calling it 'out of date' calling it 'irrelevant' and 'outmoded' !
  It is the 'secular left', which is trying to dictate what car we will drive, what kind of home we will have, whether we will receive medical treatment or not, whether we can smoke, eat Big Macs, own a gun, own a 15 shot magazine for it or be allowed fredom of speech..among many other of their proposed restrictions.
   The largest, most visible defender today, of the constitution which guarantees our freedoms (so long as congress does it's job), is the Tea Party.  Probably the largest single group which is involved in that Tea Party is the much maligned "religious right"...doing their best to defend freedom, ..both yours AND mine.
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline yellowtail3

« Reply #46 on: June 25, 2011, 07:16:50 AM »
That rulebook doesn't say you can't drink, or smoke a little herb, or cook it into your fudge bars, either.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Yellow...Again, spoken like a true addict..
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[/quote]

what I wrote had the important advantage of being true. I'll not try to get you to acknowledge that, but what is the addict connection? Is it anything other than deflection & dismissal?

Do you believe I'm an addict of... what? I'd like to hear how you come to that conclusion. Make a case that is relevant to the thread topic, and not ad hominem?

I wonder if Ron Paul is an addict...

Offline Junior1942

• The Frugal Outdoorsman
« Reply #47 on: June 25, 2011, 09:14:03 AM »
>Probably the largest single group which is involved in that Tea Party is the much maligned "religious right"...doing their best to defend freedom, ..both yours AND mine.

Yep, they're doing their best to defend my "freedom" to think like they think.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #48 on: June 25, 2011, 02:35:34 PM »
>Probably the largest single group which is involved in that Tea Party is the much maligned "religious right"...doing their best to defend freedom, ..both yours AND mine.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`
  Do you REALLY think..or are you programmed ?  You really overlook much evidence in your defense of far left hypocrisy.

Offline Junior1942

• The Frugal Outdoorsman
« Reply #49 on: June 25, 2011, 02:46:32 PM »

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`
  Do you REALLY think..or are you programmed ?  You really overlook much evidence in your defense of far left hypocrisy.
ironglow, you take "overlook much evidence" to a new level!

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #50 on: June 25, 2011, 03:03:09 PM »
matt, I don't recall an attack.  could you elaborate?
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline Matt

• .:{º.º}:.
  • Administrator
    • Inkredible Image
« Reply #51 on: June 25, 2011, 03:18:29 PM »
matt, I don't recall an attack.  could you elaborate?

Your reply to the quoted post was nothing more than a jab or attack at Junior. I deleted it and so noted. Nuff said... All the posts I edited were attacks on other members.

Folks I really don't like banning people but I am sick of the childish nonsense that goes on in the politics forums so I will say it yet again... ENOUGH ALREADY!

There is a long standing rule on GBO to not attack other members and from here on out I am going to enforce it. If you folks cant grow up and have adult conversation and debate then find another website to visit. If you feel the only way you can respond to another members posts is to belittle them or degrade them in some manner then LEAVE GBO NOW because it is only a matter of time before I kick you off here for good.

There is about a dozen of you that are always putting down members for their thoughts, beliefs and opinions. It stops now and I will make no exceptions for anyone no matter how long you have been a member, whether a GBO Supporter, Moderator I don't care everyone is on notice, first time you break this rule you will be banned for 5 days after that you will be banned forever.

Matt

Any fool can know. The point is to understand.”
― Albert Einstein

Offline powderman

« Reply #52 on: June 25, 2011, 06:41:13 PM »
On Good Friday, or on Christianity's most sacred holiday. Obama made no official statement recognizing Good Friday or Easter. The only way that would happen if he did it on purpose. By comparison he has released statements recognizing major Muslim holiday's like Ramadan, Eid-ul-Fitr, Hajj, and Eid-ul-Adha.
I think you need to watch what the guy does, instead of listening to what he says, because politicians with his character tend to lie, to gain votes.

DDZ. All true and he had daily large meals at the whitehouse for his muslim friends during the whole month of rummydum. He has muslim prayer there every Friday. He also banned Billy Grahams son from prayer at the Whitehouse because obama didn't want him to utter Jesus name, Graham rightly refused so the prayer went to someone else. Graham had his own prayer in JESUS NAME, in the parking lot. YEP, sounds like obama is a real good Christian. POWDERMAN.  :o :o

Offline guzzijohn

« Reply #53 on: June 26, 2011, 03:13:38 AM »
Quote from Powderman:
He also banned Billy Grahams son from prayer at the Whitehouse because obama didn't want him to utter Jesus name,

I looked at a number of different news sites, both very conservative and the usual networks and I could not find the above. What I did consistently find was that Graham had called Islam "an evil religion" and had made birther comments. One may or may not agree with Graham's comments and Obama's response, but let's keep things accurate instead of just trying to flame Obama in any way possible and impossible.
GuzziJohn

Offline powderman

« Reply #54 on: June 26, 2011, 04:16:20 AM »
What I did consistently find was that Graham had called Islam "an evil religion" and had made birther comments. One may or may not agree with Graham's comments and Obama's response, but let's keep things accurate instead of just trying to flame Obama in any way possible and impossible.
GuzziJohn

Graham spoke the truth, islam is evil, also obama said he could NOT ask for prayer in Jesus name. Can't be saying Jesus around the ishmaelites ya know. POWDERMAN.  :o :o

Offline Shu

« Reply #55 on: June 26, 2011, 04:18:14 AM »
Back to the topic of Prohibition- It is well understood you cannot legislate morality. America being the grand experiment in demcracy learned this already.

The shot at being a Christian and demanding laws for moral  behavior is very weak. Since the OP brought up Christianity- Every Christian has the freedom to behave as they see fit without judgement from our fellow men. Christ alone will be our judge. The Apostle Paul stated everything is permissable but not everything is beneficial. This is where we must be able to judge our own actions. I can not stop some one from doing anything they truly choose to do. (this is inclusive of the law or sin).  A true Christian is more about self control the controlling other people. Even when we believe we have mastered self control we will still fall short of the glory of Christ. Fortunately His Grace abounds. The Apostle Paul also stated if your actions caused a weaker brother to sin, don't do those things in front of him.
I have great freedom in Christ, I can basically do whatever I want. I do know I will have to explain my actions to Him. Therefore for me it is best not to drink becuase I know what a fool I become when I drink. Others do not have this same problem and I leave that decision to them.

There are two laws we need to be concerned with. 1) Love God the Father with your whole heart. 2) Love your neighbor as Christ loved you.

There is nothing in these two instructions that dictate trying to modify anyone elses behavior.

Offline yellowtail3

« Reply #56 on: June 26, 2011, 07:42:50 AM »
There are two laws we need to be concerned with. 1) Love God the Father with your whole heart. 2) Love your neighbor as Christ loved you.
Amen

There is nothing in these two instructions that dictate trying to modify anyone elses behavior.
and again I say, Amen

Offline Casull

« Reply #57 on: June 26, 2011, 09:40:48 AM »

You might find some conflict there with "thou shall not murder", "thou shall not steal", etc.   Unless of course, you are arguing for anarchy.
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline Heather

• GBO Supporter
    • mymartialartsplus.com
« Reply #58 on: June 26, 2011, 10:04:32 AM »
I live in Alabama and noticed they met in Culman, Alabama.  This county, north of Birmingham, was a "dry" county, not allowing any alcohol sales.  During the last election they voted to go "wet" and allow alcohol sales.  Guess some of the people who were against the sales started the Prohibition party.  Alabama years ago, allowed counties to vote their own decision of "wet" or "dry".  There is probably only a handful of counties left that are "dry" in Alabama.

Some of the roughest toughest shiners I have ever met lived in a dry county. Cherokee Co is still dry today, and those old folks take their liquor seriously up there.  I think the only reason it is still a dry county is because so many of the 'folks in charge' make too much money off of the homemade stuff.
Strive for complete serenity in all aspects of life.
www.mymartialartsplus.com

A closed mind is often closed to the truth!

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and loose both...Ben Franklin

Offline Mohawk

« Reply #59 on: June 26, 2011, 10:07:43 AM »
Prohibition will not pass. The left voters, who drink booze all day on the taxpayer's dime, will not allow it. Pretty simple....... keep them drunk, call them a friend, and pick them up on election day in a limo. Nothing wrong with a beer or two. Even vodka is good after a hard day. And most reasonable people stick with moderation.