Author Topic: Ron Paul Issues Budget Statement  (Read 909 times)

Offline Matt

• .:{º.º}:.
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (1)
    • Inkredible Image
Ron Paul Issues Budget Statement
« on: June 24, 2011, 09:32:54 AM »
LAKE JACKSON, Texas –June 21, 2012 GOP presidential candidate Ron Paul issued a statement on what his budget priorities will be if elected. See statement below.

“As President, I will not be able to waive a magic wand and solve all of our problems overnight. I will have to work with Congress and build consensus from the American People.

“But, there are several things that I will do right away to strengthen the fight for Constitutional government.

“First, I will veto any spending bills that contribute to an unbalanced budget.

“During these tough times, the American people are tightening their belts and making sacrifices to make ends meet. So should government.

“Second, I will veto any spending bill that contains funding for Planned Parenthood, facilities that perform abortion and all government family planning schemes.

“Like millions of Americans, I believe that innocent life deserves protection and I am deeply offended by abortion. It is unconscionable to me that fellow Pro-Life Americans are forced to fund abortion through their tax dollars.

“As a Congressman, I’ve never voted for any budget that includes funding for Planned Parenthood. Instead, I’ve introduced the Taxpayers’ Freedom of Conscience Act to cut off all taxpayer funding of abortions, so-called “family planning” services and international abortionists.

“Third, I will direct my administration to cease any further implementation of ObamaCare.

“And fourth, I will on day one of my administration begin to repeal by Executive Order unconstitutional and burdensome regulations on American business. I will be the first President to shrink the size of the Federal Register. We must create a favorable regulatory environment for U.S. business. This cannot be stressed enough.”
Any fool can know. The point is to understand.”
― Albert Einstein

Offline lakota

• Trade Count: (26)
Re: Ron Paul Issues Budget Statement
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2011, 09:44:17 AM »
"During these tough times, the American people are tightening their belts and making sacrifices to make ends meet. So should government."

Quite possibly the smartest thing said by a politicain since....forever?
Hi NSA! Can you see how many fingers I am holding up?

Offline Casull

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2011, 09:56:47 AM »
I like what he says, BUT he won't be elected, so it's meaningless.
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline powderman

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2011, 12:17:40 PM »
I like what he says, but I too don't believe he  is electable. If  he wins the primary he will definitely have my vote and that of my family. POWDERMAN.  ;D ;D
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline DDZ

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2011, 01:42:42 PM »
I like the guy a good bit. Sad to say, but I think this country is done as far as electing conservatives. When half the people can vote money out of the tax payers pockets, a guy like Paul will not get elected. Do we think that all the people getting hand outs wants to hear a guy running for the Presidential nomination say things like, I will direct my administration to cease any further implementation of ObamaCare, and that the government needs to tighten its belt? Its exactly what needs done, but the people getting government goodies could care less if tax payers have to tighten their belts.
As far as giving business's a break. The liberals and the welfare crowd hates to hear anything about giving business's a break. If fact many think business's not give enough. 
Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.    Wm. Penn

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2011, 02:28:36 PM »
Well it sounds like we need to get behind him in the primaries.
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline Lost Farmboy

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2011, 02:43:17 PM »

+1
A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.   John F. Kennedy

"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under" -Ronald Reagan

“So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause.”  Padme Amidala

Offline Matt

• .:{º.º}:.
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (1)
    • Inkredible Image
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2011, 02:47:10 PM »
+2
See we do agree some times.  ;)
Any fool can know. The point is to understand.”
― Albert Einstein

Offline nomosendero

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2011, 04:30:06 PM »
Good stuff indeed & if nominated I will vote for him. I believe a couple of others have these same beliefs & have stated such, though I have not seen them mentioned all at one time.
Thanks for posting
You will not make peace with the Bluecoats, you are free to go.

Offline yellowtail3

• Oh father of the four winds, fill my sails!
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2011, 05:41:06 PM »
I'm a supporter of Ron Paul; he & I line up pretty well, politically. He's good on guns, he's good on fed role in life (lessening) and he doesn't obsess on what people do in their private lives. He's not an ideologue; witness his ability to work with folks who aren't just like him (Rep. Frank). Good to see that he's open-minded. Good Man, Dr Paul.
Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline nw_hunter

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2011, 09:11:57 PM »

Meaningless ::) Yea! we should all get behind Newt or Mitt. Paul doesn't have a chance and Newt or Mitt do, and they are a little bit better than Obama, so they have to be a better choice........Right?
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline Casull

« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2011, 07:46:29 AM »
Quote from: Casull on Yesterday at 01:56:47 PM

Meaningless  Yea! we should all get behind Newt or Mitt. Paul doesn't have a chance and Newt or Mitt do, and they are a little bit better than Obama, so they have to be a better choice........Right?

NW, you can get your panties in a bunch, but that doesn't change reality.  I said the same thing before the last election (look it up) and all you "I won't vote the lesser" guys were saying the same thing.  Guess what.  I was right then and we ended up with the greater evil.   ::)
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline nw_hunter

« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2011, 04:09:35 PM »
Quote from: Casull on Yesterday at 01:56:47 PM

Meaningless  Yea! we should all get behind Newt or Mitt. Paul doesn't have a chance and Newt or Mitt do, and they are a little bit better than Obama, so they have to be a better choice........Right?

NW, you can get your panties in a bunch, but that doesn't change reality.  I said the same thing before the last election (look it up) and all you "I won't vote the lesser" guys were saying the same thing.  Guess what.  I was right then and we ended up with the greater evil.   ::)

Only panties in this house belong to the wife.
Guess what? The reason we ended up with the greater evil is because the Liberal's were better liars, and got the Republican swing vote from those who had enough of Bush and his henchmen.

Last time I looked Paul was still a registered Republican, and is the only one running that sounds like a true Conservative. I have a hard time understanding why anyone would find it hard to vote for this man, over the field of criminals he's up against.

Look at their voting records.......Look at his, and tell me who the better choice is. (OH! I forgot) He's not electable. ::)Sounds a little like...... “Deja Moo” (The feeling I’ve heard this Bull before)
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline Casull

« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2011, 04:42:45 PM »
Last time I looked Paul was still a registered Republican, and is the only one running that sounds like a true Conservative. I have a hard time understanding why anyone would find it hard to vote for this man, over the field of criminals he's up against.

Look at their voting records.......Look at his, and tell me who the better choice is. (OH! I forgot) He's not electable. ::)Sounds a little like...... “Deja Moo” (The feeling I’ve heard this Bull before)

Sure sounds like someone's panties are getting bunched.  Seriously though, you seem to think that I disagree with your evaluation of RP.  I do NOT.  I agree that he is the better choice.  I agree that his thinking is more in line with my own.  I agree that he is more of a true conservative.  IF he is nominated by the Republican party (make that the Republican VOTERS), I will HAPPILY vote for him.  But, unlike you, I will NOT vote for a third party candidate who has no chance of winning.  I will NOT waste my vote.  I will NOT support Obama or any other democrap by voting for a losing choice.  I will NOT take the whiney attitude of "if I don't like the way you play, I'm just going to take my ball and go home".  I will NOT play into the childish little game of "ooooh, the lesser evil is still evil".  I will NOT regress to childlike ways.
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2011, 06:41:56 AM »
........... BUT he won't be elected, so it's meaningless.

Meaningless ::) Yea! we should all get behind Newt or Mitt. Paul doesn't have a chance and Newt or Mitt do, and they are a little bit better than Obama, so they have to be a better choice........Right?

Sad but true,
If Dr. Paul does win the nomination which I don't think he has a snowballs chance in August of getting, the Obamas will ply the expensive skies in Air Force One for four more years.
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.

Offline powderman

« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2011, 08:04:02 AM »
CASULL. Good post Sir. POWDERMAN.  ;D ;D
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline teddy12b

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2011, 08:09:39 AM »

+3

Offline teddy12b

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2011, 08:17:24 AM »
I can't stand listening to "unelectable" type of talk.  It wasn't that long ago that many people thought the so called tea party in DC was only going to have a couple thousand people there.  The news never really covered the event and Fox was the only channel that made a half arsed attempt at it.  What happened was completely unexpected and a beautiful event. 

As far as I'm concerned I think the country is pretty well "F'ed" at this point, and borderline on the point of no return.  I don't see any other candidate who can save the country.  I'm not going to vote for a demacrat, or a same old BS republican like Romney or Newt.  The only hope at this point is Paul, but he needs people to man up and vote.  Last election I compromised and voted for McCain, and I'm ashamed of myself for doing that.  I can sleep well knowing I voted for Ron Paul and I think Ron Paul has a better chance to win than the main stream media wants to give him credit for.