Author Topic: Film the cops from your own front yard? LEO shows who is boss in Rochester!  (Read 617 times)

Offline yellowtail3

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Oh father of the four winds, fill my sails!
Lady filmed cops arresting a guy in front of her house, from her yard. Cops didn't like it, ordered her into her house. She declined, noting that she was within her rights to film them from her own front yard. They arrested her. Notice the officer's rationale: "I don't feel safe"

Charges are dropped, because they were bogus and would not stick in court.

Several days later there was a neighborhood meeting in support of Emily, and... four cops come out with rulers to measure distances parked from the curb... and hand out tickets. It smells a bit like... retaliation. They're not supposed to do that, are they?

Of course, there might be more to the story... maybe she's a Godless One. Or a liberal. See below that menacing criminal that frightened Officer Friendly:

Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline XD40SC

• GBO Supporter
I wonder if she can sue for false arrest in the front yard incident ? I'd be contacting a good lawyer, ACLU and state representatives on this one. Looks like a scene from RINO 911.

Offline beerbelly

• Trade Count: (6)
Why is anyone supprised at cops being cops? For the most part todays cops are nothing but thugs with a badge and gun!

Offline lakota

• Trade Count: (26)
Welcome to the police state. After Rodney King I would imagine its probably an unwritten S.O.P. to hassle a "civilian" with a video camera. They wouldnt want any video footage floating around after they fire hundreds of rounds at someone that doesnt support their "story" I am suprised the woman taking video wasnt tasered or at the very least pepper sprayed.

I also find it disturbing how they refer to non LEO's as "civilians". Got bad news for them-unless they are in a millitary uniform acting in a millitary capacity they too are "civilians"

Why is anyone supprised at cops being cops? For the most part todays cops are nothing but thugs with a badge and gun!

Years ago at the start of my career I would have been deeply offended by this quote now I am afraid I have to agree.

Without getting too specific I currently work part-time providing first-aid/EMS to a large public venue where there are large numbers of "civilians" on hand at any given time.  The Security Department(read SECURITY GAURD AND NOT SWORN POLICE OFFICER) Are constantly detaining and searching members of the general public with little to no cause. I am pretty sure it is NOT LEGAL seeing as how they are security gaurds with no police powers. Guess what they all aspire to be when they grow up? They are constantly trumpeting about how they have the right to search employees and their vehicles at any time for any reason. I say god help them if they ever try it on me. It aint happening.
Hi NSA! Can you see how many fingers I am holding up?

Offline XD40SC

• GBO Supporter
I think security guards have no more rights that the average citizen. Correct me if I'm mistaken.

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
THEY  HAVE  DASH CAMS
THEY  HAVE GUNS

and  they don't want you to have a camera
and in many places you can't have a gun

if they were doing nothing  wrong....that camera wouldn't make them feel unsafe

''feeling unsafe''  must  be the ''legal'' reason  to enforce a perimeter on  her property
it was clearly organized retaliation  with the parking tickets
hope some  higher  ups loose their jobs.....if not  vote their bosses  out

i was once  told to turn  off  my camera  or be arrested  for obstruction
i didn't ask what that meant......just aimed it away[on tri-pod]   with  audio still  going
when drugs are outlawed only out laws will have drugs
DO WHAT EVER IT TAKES TO STOP A DEMOCRAT
OBAMACARE....the biggest tax hike in the  history of mankind
free choice and equality  can't co-exist
AFTER THE LIBYAN COVER-UP... remind any  democrat voters ''they sat and  watched them die''...they  told help to ''stand down''

many statements made here are fiction and are for entertainment purposes only and are in no way to be construed as a description of actual events.
no one is encouraged to do anything dangerous or break any laws.

Offline Shu

There is nothing illeagal about filming law enforcement. The cops may get mad if they are deploying a SWAT team but it's still legal to film it. I try to stay pro police but sometimes the police themselves make it hard.

Some properties have security guards and if posted about search and siezure upon entering you may give up those rights. If you don't want to give up those rights don't enter.

I have to laugh when law enforcement uses the term civilians. Having been in the military and a "civilian" cop it still cracks me up. We used the term citizen in my day.

Offline yellowtail3

• Oh father of the four winds, fill my sails!
When Officer Friendly says he 'feels unsafe' that's a warning. What he's really doing, is laying groundwork to bend you to his will, with the power of the state behind him. Officer Safety is a magic concept, one that gets used to justify behavior that would get you thrown into prison.

Don't misconstrue... I'm all in favor of actual Officer Safety... but it gets invoked by LEO to cover bad behavior, all too often.
Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
like playing the race card.....crying  wolf....etc

a few cops get charged with kidnapping...or  even  just false police reports

should fix that
AFTER THE LIBYAN COVER-UP... remind any  democrat voters ''they sat and  watched them die''...they  told help to ''stand down''

many statements made here are fiction and are for entertainment purposes only and are in no way to be construed as a description of actual events.

Offline Hooker

• Trade Count: (2)
My generation use to call police that acted this way pigs.
I never cared for that name very much I think it's a terrible insult. I have raised a lot of pigs and they never acted like scumbag criminals.

Pat
" In the beginning of change, the patriot is a brave and scarce man,hated and scorned. when the cause succeeds however,the timid join him...for then it cost nothing to be a patriot. "
-Mark Twain
"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms."
-- Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, 1787. ME 6:373, Papers 12:356

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
My generation use to call police that acted this way pigs.
I never cared for that name very much I think it's a terrible insult. I have raised a lot of pigs and they never acted like scumbag criminals.

Pat

that  was the first word that came to mind with  me too
didn't want to use it  because  of cop friends  i know
like  useing the  ''N'' word
but this was  not  one or 2  bad cops  writing the parking tickets