Author Topic: Does the NRA Really Support Gun Owners?  (Read 5318 times)

Offline nw_hunter

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (4)
Does the NRA Really Support Gun Owners?
« on: June 28, 2011, 05:48:05 AM »
I know this will PO a lot of NRA supporters, but for some of us former members, it's business as usual with the NRA leaders of today.I'm glad I never became a life member, but if I had, I would be screaming at them daily to get back to defending the 2nd A.

http://thenewamerican.com/usnews/constitution/8018-does-the-nra-support-gun-owners
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline mcwoodduck

• Trade Count: (11)
Re: Does the NRA Really Support Gun Owners?
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2011, 08:50:54 AM »
I am always leary of lobby groups.  I see them a Dragon fighters.  If there are no dragons we don't need dragon fighters.  The whole object of lobby groups are to generate money.  In order to do that they bring up more and more dragons to scare us and get us to pony up more $.  Everytime I have sent $ for a cause to the NRA I get 8 times what I sent spent on direct mailings asking me for more and more $.  I sometimes wonder is they actually loose a battle or two on purpose to make us looser with the check book and support their K street firms and 2 hour lunches with congress members and each other.
I wish we as the NRA membership would give goals to the lobby groups.  As they reach the goals we give $ for each goal reached.  And if we loose ground we give $ once that goal is recovered and the next is reached.

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2011, 11:16:32 AM »
In a word: NO
If they'd get rid of LaPierre who knows the folks left might do so.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline jimster

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2011, 01:39:36 PM »
Perfect timing, the NRA just gave me a phone call about an hour ago.  Young guy.  Wanted to take some kind of poll on who I supported in politics to protect my guns, before he got any farther or asked the first question,  I asked him who the NRA supports.  He could not answer, just there were a couple good ones.  I asked if the NRA supported Romney.  OH yes, definitely he said.  I informed him Romney was from Mas. and they have some of the most restricted gun policies in the country, that Romney never did a thing about that as governor or their senator, so if the NRA was supporting him, why would I support the NRA?  He hung up.  Yes...just hung up...he gave up without even trying to connect with me.  I realize it's not his fault, I wasn't that hard on him, I spoke softly and was not angry sounding at all.

The NRA needs to get back to the basics, their collection people on the phones are not up to speed, they are in to politics as much as any organization that spends large sums of other people's money.  The NRA just don't seem like the NRA anymore.  Got nothing against the people that call here, it's the upper level in the NRA letting this stuff happen.

he-he...just got a call while typing this...A Mike Huckabee recording...can't ask no questions there.   ;D 

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2011, 02:11:43 PM »
the  NRA  is very big and powerful

glad we have them

i will continue to support them......tho   they are far from the best stradegy

i would hate to see the NRA  go  away

but it  would be  real  nice  if some other pro-gun group  took  over the  #1  spot

i am sorry to admit  i am  not currently a member  of another group  than the NRA

please  post some  other groups.....i  may join one of them  in  addition to the NRA
when drugs are outlawed only out laws will have drugs
DO WHAT EVER IT TAKES TO STOP A DEMOCRAT
OBAMACARE....the biggest tax hike in the  history of mankind
free choice and equality  can't co-exist
AFTER THE LIBYAN COVER-UP... remind any  democrat voters ''they sat and  watched them die''...they  told help to ''stand down''

many statements made here are fiction and are for entertainment purposes only and are in no way to be construed as a description of actual events.
no one is encouraged to do anything dangerous or break any laws.

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2011, 04:25:31 PM »
No, they don't.
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

---- William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons, November 18, 1783

Offline sidewinder319

• A Real Regular
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2011, 05:39:28 PM »
It is sorta strange to see gun owners   side with the Left Wing Liberals to fight the NRA. :(

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2011, 06:26:37 PM »
It is sorta strange to see gun owners   side with the Left Wing Liberals to fight the NRA. :(

Apparently you didn't read the article.

It's sorta strange to see the NRA side with left wing liberals and go against the gun owners who give them millions of dollars each year to protect their 2nd Amendment rights and in the case of the Rand Paul Amendment their 4th Amendment rights also. Go figure.
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

---- William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons, November 18, 1783

Offline Squib

• G- S- T- and I ain't got time to bleed!
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2011, 06:46:54 PM »
I think it's more complicated than it originally seems, but it seems bad.  maybe some "riders" were attached to the bill that soured the whole deal, but I didn't read of such in the link.  :(

Offline vabowhntr

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2011, 07:09:29 AM »
I think it's more complicated than it originally seems, but it seems bad.  maybe some "riders" were attached to the bill that soured the whole deal, but I didn't read of such in the link.  :(

Far more complicated than what the article points out.  Unfortunately anyone with a grudge can write an "article" on the web these days and most people will take it at face value because they read it in the "news".  I have looked at the NRA and GOA extensively and what I see from GOA is that they base their membership on bashing the NRA and that you should join someone else (GOA).  I have heard a lot of politicians say they didn't vote for a gun control measure because of the NRA, never heard them mention GOA or any other gun rights organization.

Offline jimster

« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2011, 07:35:03 AM »

I thought it was strange to see the NRA side with the left the last few years.
Eveyone looks at things differently I guess.  The facts are...NRA has been selling gun owners out.

Offline nw_hunter

• Moderators
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2011, 04:46:57 PM »

Far more complicated than what the article points out.  Unfortunately anyone with a grudge can write an "article" on the web these days and most people will take it at face value because they read it in the "news".  I have looked at the NRA and GOA extensively and what I see from GOA is that they base their membership on bashing the NRA and that you should join someone else (GOA).  I have heard a lot of politicians say they didn't vote for a gun control measure because of the NRA, never heard them mention GOA or any other gun rights organization.

Horse Hockey!Has nothing to do with a grudge. There's a thing called FACT. These are facts about the NRA.The GOA and other pro gun groups attack the leadership of the NRA when they compromise our 2nd A rights away, and it happens often.You will hear politicians mention the NRA because they are their pet pretend to oppose group.The other good defenders of freedom out there like the RKBA, GOA and others will not be mentioned for a reason.That reason being, they know those groups are representing the gun owners and not just blowing smoke.

People really need to pull their heads out! With bills like HR1781 the end is near for gun owners in America.If your waiting on the NRA to defend you...............You will still be waiting when the boys in uniform come to your door to collect your firearms.

Don't use the lame excuse of the GOA attacking the NRA because they want to be the big dog.There are other good groups out there that will fight hard for your right to keep and bear.....Check out the RKBA. Keep your NRA membership if it makes you feel important, but joina group that is for real and fights hard for us...........(RANTS OVER) ;)

Offline sidewinder319

• A Real Regular
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2011, 05:45:56 PM »
Well I belong to the NRA. And I don't like Rand Paul.  He is far too liberal for me. He agrees with Obama more than the rank and file NRA member. No I don't believe in Gay marriage and legalized drugs and soft few on firearms  rights. I have never attended a progun rally where the GOA or any other group walked with us and lobbied  for gun rights. Where does the GOA spend that money?  Where is this great list of liberals supported by the NRA? Harry Ried will he was supported and elected by gun owners in Nevada not the NRA. Like him or not he got the Nevada support from gun owners for the Mega shooting complex in Las  Vegas.

Offline Squib

« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2011, 07:56:38 PM »
lets not forget that the nra is bashing the obama administration for the project gunrunner and fast and furious ops that went sour (of course they did) and that making a quick move to attack backround checks (targeting gun-owners) as unconstitutional under almost any circumstances would make it a lot harder to protest the case in point THE TRACKING INFO IS IN PLAIN SIGHT AS IS THE CURRENT INVESTIGATION INTO THE BORDER ISSUES AND GUN CONTROL SCHEMES, IT ALL POINTS TO CORRUPTION AT THE FEDERAL LEVEL AND TRANSNATIONAL GUN GRABBER SCHEMING!!!!  WHY do obama a favor by covering up for him and getting a black-eye in the process!!!!  I'm not saying I read lapierre's mind but it makes sense to me to be careful and let this one ride out a bit before corraling it! 

also the nra is working hard to knock the age limits on ccw down to legal majority, not a random # in the 20's.  places to carry, situational circumstances, etcetera.  these things are going forward with such momentum it would be incredibly stupid to try to fight on another front (a risky one) when the tide is going strong IN OUR FAVOR!  also, more carrying means more guns bought, which means more money for nra and gun businesses EVEN DURING A RECESSION.  SOME of that money will be used to defeat obama, a lot easier to do if we gun owners can let him reap what he sowed on the border instead of obfuscating his stupidity and THEN getting the whole ordeal blamed on gun-owners.  do you get it?

Offline sidewinder319

• A Real Regular
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2011, 07:15:20 PM »
Squib  :)  What do the Anti NRA people read?? Let me guess pro Union and DNC propaganda.

Offline eye shot

• A Real Regular
    • Mike's Obituary
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2011, 05:47:11 AM »
The NRA is just like the unions, but instead of golf courses that the rank & file can't use they have there private hunt club in NM. Ya keep sending them your hard earned money I did for alot of years. Now that I'm on a fixed income I fixed theres=0!
RIP Mike. Died on July 14th, around 2am, with his family at his side, he went peacefully to be with god.

http://www.sent-trib.com/obituaries/michael-l-schulte

Offline Squib

« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2011, 08:32:00 AM »
I don't believe the nra doesn't engage in elitist behavior, or place the needs of the "top dogs" above our own (like rich guys having banquets and firearms museums and such), but the nra DOES protect ordinary americans.  No one here claimed the nra is less corrupt than any other organization, only that it is effective in sustaining (and currently winning back lost ground) our 2nd amendment rights. 

Offline Redhawk1

• Life time NRA Supporter.
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (78)
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2011, 09:39:13 AM »

As I see it, yes they do.. Name one other group that has single handily actually accomplished anything  for the 2nd Amendment. Sure they puff out their chests, and bash the NRA leadership, yet they have not done squat themselves.. Another nw_hunter  :'( attempt to piss off NRA members. Yet he offers no other REAL solutions or organization that is doing a damn thing.

If the NRA went away today, we would be just like Canada, Australia and all them other European countries with no gun rights. So keep listening to people like nw_hunter, and see where that gets you..

Myself, I will stick by the NRA, sure they are not 100% the way I would like them to be, but their are no other groups with the power of the NRA.. The GOA is a bull crap anti-NRA bashing POS organization! Now my RANT is over as well!!!!   :o
If  you're going to make a hole, make it a big one.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you,
Jesus Christ and the American G. I.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom

Endowment Life Member of the NRA
Life Member NA

Offline Redhawk1

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2011, 09:48:18 AM »
Well I belong to the NRA. And I don't like Rand Paul.  He is far too liberal for me. He agrees with Obama more than the rank and file NRA member. No I don't believe in Gay marriage and legalized drugs and soft few on firearms  rights. I have never attended a progun rally where the GOA or any other group walked with us and lobbied  for gun rights. Where does the GOA spend that money?  Where is this great list of liberals supported by the NRA? Harry Ried will he was supported and elected by gun owners in Nevada not the NRA. Like him or not he got the Nevada support from gun owners for the Mega shooting complex in Las  Vegas.

Well Said...
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Life Member NA

Offline sidewinder319

• A Real Regular
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2011, 07:10:31 PM »
The Whittington Center in Raton, NM is a monument to the American shooters. This is open to NRA and non NRA members.  There are shooting ranges for every type of firearm interest.  Very fine camp grounds for  anyone passing thru this part of NM at very reasonable prices. You can apply for limited hunting on this ranch. I have known hunters who have been drawn and they were not rich.  This reckless mud slinging is from reading left wingers, DNC, and Labor Union anti NRA propaganda. The post regarding the Center is not true by any standard. :(

Offline nw_hunter

• Moderators
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2011, 07:57:33 PM »

As I see it, yes they do.. Name one other group that has single handily actually accomplished anything  for the 2nd Amendment.Sure they puff out their chests, and bash the NRA leadership, yet they have not done squat themselves!Another nw_hunter  :'( attempt to piss off NRA members. Yet he offers no other REAL solutions or organization that is doing a damn thing.
If the NRA went away today, we would be just like Canada, Australia and all them other European countries with no gun rights. So keep listening to people like nw_hunter, and see where that gets you..

Myself, I will stick by the NRA, sure they are not 100% the way I would like them to be, but their are no other groups with the power of the NRA.. The GOA is a bull crap anti-NRA bashing POS organization! Now my RANT is over as well!!!!   :o
[/color]

Actually, The only thing the NRA has done on their own, is to support ant-gun law makers and their agenda!The positive things they have taken credit for, were fought in the trenches by groups like the CCRKBA and the GOA.
Other groups are doing a lot for the gun owner.Groups like the CCRKBA, GOA, JPFO,KABA,SAF (The Second Amendment Foundation) LEAA and other state chapter groups. Check them out, and see for yourself. Just google them up! See what they have to say, and what they are doing for you as a gun owner.If you want to make it personal and flame me RH, go ahead! I'm not going there, and will not lower myself!

The NRA could be a useful tool for people who care about our Second A. rights, but not as long as the members allow people like Wane L. to run the Org. I'm sure Sarah Brady would hate to see him go!

Offline tscott

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2011, 05:19:51 AM »
It takes 35,000 new memberships to pay Lapierre's yearly compensation package.. Thus the constant begging for more money, particularly once you join! Has very little to do with 2nd amendment, although they hide behind it! All about big gun mfgrs. gun parts supply houses, et. al..... just look at who's on the board... Although they say otherwise, their focus is not about sportsmen, and rec. shooters. It's about convincing people that there is danger behind every corner, and you must be armed, preferably with a high capacity expanded mag. from one of the board members' supply houses...

Offline Redhawk1

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2011, 07:00:42 AM »

As I see it, yes they do.. Name one other group that has single handily actually accomplished anything  for the 2nd Amendment.Sure they puff out their chests, and bash the NRA leadership, yet they have not done squat themselves!Another nw_hunter  :'( attempt to piss off NRA members. Yet he offers no other REAL solutions or organization that is doing a damn thing.

[/color]

Actually, The only thing the NRA has done on their own, is to support ant-gun law makers and their agenda!The positive things they have taken credit for, were fought in the trenches by groups like the CCRKBA and the GOA.
Other groups are doing a lot for the gun owner.Groups like the CCRKBA, GOA, JPFO,KABA,SAF (The Second Amendment Foundation) LEAA and other state chapter groups. Check them out, and see for yourself. Just google them up! See what they have to say, and what they are doing for you as a gun owner.If you want to make it personal and flame me RH, go ahead! I'm not going there, and will not lower myself!

The NRA could be a useful tool for people who care about our Second A. rights, but not as long as the members allow people like Wane L. to run the Org. I'm sure Sarah Brady would hate to see him go!

I have done a lot of research on the organizations you have listed, and have yet to find one bill or legislative action they have successfully defended on their own..  They talk the talk, yet do noting of real value when it comes to any laws or legislation for gun laws.  I have been working with several Pro-gun groups here in Delaware, not one of them has had any help for any of the groups you have listed. Now the NRA has been their every time.   Keep blowing the GOA horn, because that is all you are doing is blowing their horn. They are a worthless group, and will never get the support of all the NRA members as some of us can see what their true agenda is.. Take off your blinders and look around, you are standing with a handful of supporters, just as blind as you!
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Life Member NA

Offline Redhawk1

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2011, 07:23:06 AM »
It takes 35,000 new memberships to pay Lapierre's yearly compensation package.. Thus the constant begging for more money, particularly once you join! Has very little to do with 2nd amendment, although they hide behind it! All about big gun mfgrs. gun parts supply houses, et. al..... just look at who's on the board... Although they say otherwise, their focus is not about sportsmen, and rec. shooters. It's about convincing people that there is danger behind every corner, and you must be armed, preferably with a high capacity expanded mag. from one of the board members' supply houses...

Just reading your post, the 2nd Amendment has nothing to do with sportsman or hunting or recreational shooting. It is all about our right to keep and bear arms.  It was put in place for the right for the people to defend themselves from enemy, foreign and domestic, which includes our government. Our founding fathers know this was an important issue, that is why it was our 2nd amendment right. Right at the top.

Sure the NRA supports hunters and shooing sports, as guns are part of that.  The NRA is always fighting for our rights. What a lot of people don't understand, the liberals want to do away with guns all together. They want to get rid of the 2nd amendment, which in turn will eventually get rid of all guns.  If you think the NRA does not fight for your rights, I guess you have your head in the sand. Do you understand the number of bills introduced in legislation in every State?  Just on local levels, the NRA fights them all the time. Not to mention what they are fighting on the national level as well. It is not a scare tactic, it is fact, that the anti-gun crowd is doing all they can to take our rights away.

With the GOA and other gun groups bashing the NRA, the liberals and anti-gun crowd do not have to do anything, they can just sit back and watch the groups attack their number one enemy the NRA.. The liberals and anti-gun crowd are united in their fight agents guns, yet the GOA and other groups are so stupid, they would rather pick on one of their own than join the fight to defend the second amendment. Actions speak louder then words, and the GOA is part of the problem..

Has anyone here ever seen the NRA go after any other pro-gun group? No you have not!!!!
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Life Member NA

Offline nw_hunter

• Moderators
« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2011, 11:33:20 AM »
RW said: With the GOA and other gun groups bashing the NRA, the liberals and anti-gun crowd do not have to do anything, they can just sit back and watch the groups attack their number one enemy the NRA.. The liberals and anti-gun crowd are united in their fight agents guns, yet the GOA and other groups are so stupid, they would rather pick on one of their own than join the fight to defend the second amendment. Actions speak louder then words, and the GOA is part of the problem..
I don't see what the other gun owner groups say about the NRA as bashing.When the NRA does something positive for gun owners the other groups acknowledge it.When the NRA sides with gun grabbers in DC, the groups voice their disappointment with them.
Well! Here are some actions over the years by the NRA, and they speak volumes!

Let us first consider the "Uniform Machinegun Act of 1932" which provided for the registration of machine guns, that was adopted in a few states (Conn., Va., Md., Ark., and Montana and possibly others) which was developed with the support of the NRA, BEFORE the feds ultimately adopted the "National Firearms Act" in 1934.

"The NRA supported The Federal Firearms Act of 1938, which regulates interstate
and foreign commerce in firearms and pistol, revolver ammunition.

The NRA supported legislation to amend the "Federal Firearms Act" in regard to handguns when it was introduced in August, 1963.

In 1965, the NRA continued its support of an expansion of the above legislation to include rifles and shotguns, as well as handguns.
Additionally the NRA supported the regulation of the movement of handguns in interstate and foreign commerce by:
1. Requiring a sworn statement, containing certain information, from the purchaser to the seller for the receipt of a handgun in interstate commerce;
2. Providing for notification of local police of prospective sales;
3. Requiring an additional 7-day waiting period by the seller after receipt of acknowledgment of notification to local police;
4. Prescribing a minimum age of 21 for obtaining a license to sell firearms and increasing the license fees;
5. Providing for written notification by manufacturer or dealer to carrier that a firearm is being shipped in interstate commerce, and;
6. Increasing penalties for violation.

NRA HELPED WRITE the 1986 federal law prohibiting the manufacture and importation of "armor piercing ammunition" adopted standards.

The NRA has been hard at work, over the last few years, turning a RIGHT (guaranteed by our constitution) into a revocable PRIVILEGE. Many pro-gun people commend them for this. Others see it for what it really is.

The second amendment states. "The right of the people to keep and BEAR arms" It doesn't say "to keep and display arms" or "to keep and hide arms" or "to keep and disassemble and lock up your arms" or "to keep and use arms" it says "to keep and BEAR arms" Look it up in the dictionary. To "bear something" means to CARRY it. Any attempt at "interpreting" the meaning of this, is clearly an anti-gun tactic.

"Project EXILE" IS the NRA's very own project.
NRA'S project (EXILE) supports ALL UNconstitutional gun laws. Handgun Control Inc. supports it TOO. NRA-ILA Executive Director James Jay Baker commented, "I'm glad that the president has finally agreed with the NRA that enforcing federal firearms laws makes sense. We've been pushing for more enforcement of existing laws. Did anyone tell them that ALL of the 20,000 gun laws are UNCONSTITUTIONAL??? OF COURSE Handgun Control Inc. supports this NRA project.

Schools
Then NRA Executive Vice President Wayne R. LaPierre, Jr., made these damaging statements during his nationally televised speech at the Denver NRA Members Meeting May 1, 1999. "First, we believe in absolutely gun-free, zero-tolerance, totally safe schools. That means no guns in America's schools, period ... with the rare exception of law enforcement officers or trained security personnel.
Making schools a "gun free zone" where lunatics can murder with impunity, was his response to the Columbine shootings? What happened to advocating responsible carry, by responsible citizens???

LaPierre also blessed gun show background checks by saying: "We will consider instant checks at gun shows when, and only when, this Administration stops (charging for NICS
checks) and stops illegally compiling the records of millions of lawful gun buyers."

The next day President Charlton Heston flatly said on ABC "This Week" that he was "in favor of" gun show background checks. Within weeks, bills for gun show background checks - and "youth gun access" bans - had been submitted in both houses of Congress!

NRA PRESIDENT Dr. C.R. (Pink) Gutermuth, who saw "no problem with gun registration," and was head of the Wildlife Management Institute, who became NRA President in 1973.

Part of the problem began during the unlamented regime of former Executive Vice President Warren Cassidy. NRA lobbyists under Cassidy stopped opposing gun control bills and started offering NRA-approved versions of the same legislation. The NRA started WRITING ANTI-GUN LEGISLATION.

Politicians were lobbying their colleagues for the so-called "instant check" These pro-gunners were pushing a gun control bill that the NRA was strongly supporting.

Jim Baker of the NRA was quoted by USA Today on October 26, 1993 as saying: "We already support 65% of the Brady bill, because it moves to an instant check, which is WHAT WE WANT."

NRA spokesman Bill McIntrye said that the instant background check also in the bill "will be a victory for gun owners.

From NRA Board member Tanya Metaksa.
I think this agreement was a victory for those who see flaws in the current bill. This is a much different Brady bill. This bill sunsets into what we've been supporting for several years [the instant check]. If you look at it in the long range, IT'S OUR BILL in five years.

Now we come to the Veterans Disarmament Act. H.R. 2640
Just looking at who was sponsoring/co-sponsoring this bill. Why was the NRA siding WITH the Brady bunch, Feinstein, Schumer, Boxer, McCarthy, etc. When every PRO-gun organization was against it, along with veterans organizations.

The list of former board members of the NRA who have left the Org. to form or join other groups is quite extensive. Good men and women who couldn't change it from within and wanted to do what they could to stop the shredding of the Second Amendment!

Offline eye shot

• A Real Regular
    • Mike's Obituary
« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2011, 12:29:31 PM »
Thats right the NRA is just like the Dem's and big gov. always trying to tells us whats good for us.
RIP Mike. Died on July 14th, around 2am, with his family at his side, he went peacefully to be with god.

http://www.sent-trib.com/obituaries/michael-l-schulte

Offline 1marty

• A Real Regular
« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2011, 05:18:41 PM »
I'm a life long NRA member. Like it or not there is no other large power group protecting the gun owner. Without the NRA you'd see Bloomberg and those other uber libs banning all firearms in the US. Do you really think these congressmen would protect your rights if it wasn't for the NRA lobby.

Offline sidewinder319

• A Real Regular
« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2011, 06:08:30 PM »
Yes NW Hunter this is the typical left wing attacks on the NRA. These are vague pointless charges. What you have posted is straight from the BRADY GUN CONTROL  play book. The Big Left leaning Labor Unions and Media Matters have the same items you have posted. This kind of post is not unique we have been attacked in this manner for a 130 years. Breaking News we are still here and growing.

Offline nw_hunter

• Moderators
« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2011, 06:55:18 PM »
Yes NW Hunter this is the typical left wing attacks on the NRA. These are vague pointless charges. What you have posted is straight from the BRADY GUN CONTROL  play book. The Big Left leaning Labor Unions and Media Matters have the same items you have posted. This kind of post is not unique we have been attacked in this manner for a 130 years. Breaking News we are still here and growing.

It's almost laughable!What is it about the truth that scares some people???Anyone can see these are not vague pointless charges.It's all on record! Don't take anyone's word for it...........Check  it out.And don't buy into the old left leaning union, left wing dribble. The people that would tell you this, have NO comeback for what the NRA has done to the American gun owner, so this BS is the best they can offer, and it's pathetic. Makes one wonder if some might be on the NRA payroll ::).

I really wouldn't put it past them to have plants on sites like this one to keep the brainwashing going strong.

As far as the NRA membership growing.....I'm not so sure they are signing up as many as they are losing. Thanks to the internet, people can, and are finding out the truth about Org's like them, that instead of defending the 2nd, are selling it out!

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2011, 06:55:33 PM »

Every single thing he posted is factual info you could find for yourself if you cared to look it up.

No one will ever convince the kool-aid sippers there is anything wrong with their NRA. I say their not our inspite of having been a life member longer than a large percentage of the members of this site have been alive. They left me I didn't leave them.

I'm a life long NRA member. Like it or not there is no other large power group protecting the gun owner. Without the NRA you'd see Bloomberg and those other uber libs banning all firearms in the US. Do you really think these congressmen would protect your rights if it wasn't for the NRA lobby.

The problem is they are NOT protecting our rights, they are selling us out. Read above comments, obviously you're one of the kool-aid sippers.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!