Author Topic: Does the NRA Really Support Gun Owners?  (Read 5306 times)

Offline sidewinder319

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Re: Does the NRA Really Support Gun Owners?
« Reply #30 on: July 03, 2011, 07:05:29 PM »
Then just post the facts you reference. Making these statements are meaningless. Just calling 4 Million dedicated gun owners Kool Aid Sippers is not stating fact. As for time I have been an NRA member and Inst. for over 50 years.  Please post the facts where the NRA help pass gun laws in 1938 etc. Better yet just post your source.

Offline nw_hunter

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #31 on: July 04, 2011, 04:54:58 AM »
Then just post the facts you reference. Making these statements are meaningless. Just calling 4 Million dedicated gun owners Kool Aid Sippers is not stating fact. As for time I have been an NRA member and Inst. for over 50 years.  Please post the facts where the NRA help pass gun laws in 1938 etc. Better yet just post your source.

Here is a link to KBA that might enlighten you, if you recognize the KBA as a reliable source.
And BTW! I didn't call four million dedicated gun owners kool aid sippers.And "THAT'S a FACT"The sources are out there for all to see! Exercise your fingers and do your own research. It will remain longer in your memory if you take a little time to do it yourself!

http://www.keepandbeararms.com/information/XcIBViewItem.asp?id=3247
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline Redhawk1

• Life time NRA Supporter.
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (78)
« Reply #32 on: July 04, 2011, 06:00:08 AM »
I will be a kool-aid sipper if that is what you want to call all of us.. I guess it is better to sip the kool-aid then have my head in the sand.

What other group has actually accomplished anything on their own.. I have been waiting for you all to tell me for the past several years. nw_hunter, any of you out their want to tell me one bill of piece of legislation any other group, other then the NRA that has be instrumental in the passing of any pro-gun bills or legislation?  You all never can seem to give me that information. Until then you are just blowing your horn, and in my opinion bashing the NRA in the process. You are part of the problem, and in my eyes no better then the anti-gun crowd.

If you don't like what the NRA is doing, what are you doing besides trashing them on the Internet? Are you involved in any local chapters, or group that supports the NRA, if so are you involved in the elections of any of the people serving on the board. What are you doing to better the NRA? The largest group fighting for your rights, the NRA. You are trying to reinvent the wheel with the GOA.
If  you're going to make a hole, make it a big one.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you,
Jesus Christ and the American G. I.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom

Endowment Life Member of the NRA
Life Member NA

Offline sidewinder319

• A Real Regular
« Reply #33 on: July 04, 2011, 06:33:35 AM »
Why in times when the Left Wing and their followers are taking over the country, would anyone attack 4 Million American gun owners?  When the states started allowing CCWs they had no Trng programs. Who did they call the NRA.  We answered the call and supplied 1,000s of Instrs. tons of films books ranges etc. Who insured us against the left wing law suites the NRA.  Why not attack the left wing organizations in this country.  The Democratic Party pushed the Machine Gun laws in 1938 and every other gun law in the nation. I wonder why you never attack the DNC the way you do the NRA? Humm? The DNC floods the mail and TV and radio looking for money. They are out to disarm us no question about that. :(

NRA Endowment  Member
NRA Certified Civilan and Police Firearms Inst. Active
We are doing our part are you?

Offline Redhawk1

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #34 on: July 04, 2011, 08:06:35 AM »
Why in times when the Left Wing and their followers are taking over the country, would anyone attack 4 Million American gun owners?  When the states started allowing CCWs they had no Trng programs. Who did they call the NRA.  We answered the call and supplied 1,000s of Instrs. tons of films books ranges etc. Who insured us against the left wing law suites the NRA.  Why not attack the left wing organizations in this country.  The Democratic Party pushed the Machine Gun laws in 1938 and every other gun law in the nation. I wonder why you never attack the DNC the way you do the NRA? Humm? The DNC floods the mail and TV and radio looking for money. They are out to disarm us no question about that. :(

NRA Endowment  Member
NRA Certified Civilan and Police Firearms Inst. Active
We are doing our part are you?

Well said sidewinder319!  I never went after any pro-gun organization, until the GOA started with the anti-NRA BS.  I have and do support several pro-gun groups besides the NRA.  But the moment any group attack another group, I draw the line and will NEVER support them. In my opinion, they are working with the anti-gun crowd.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Life Member NA

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
« Reply #35 on: July 04, 2011, 05:44:05 PM »
"The National Rifle Association has been in support of workable, enforceable gun control legislation since its very inception in 1871."

—NRA Executive Vice President Franklin L. Orth
NRA's American Rifleman Magazine, March 1968, P. 22

"We think it's reasonable to support the federal Gun-Free School Zones Act. ... We think it's reasonable to expect full enforcement of federal firearms laws by the federal government. ... That's why we support Project Exile -- the fierce prosecution of federal gun laws...we think it's reasonable because it works. ... We only support what works and our list is proud."

—NRA Executive Vice President Wayne LaPierre
Congressional Testimony, May 27, 1999
Hearing Before 106th Congress
House of Representatives
Committee On The Judiciary
Subcommittee On Crime
First Session

What part of "shall not be infringed" does the NRA not understand?

"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

---- William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons, November 18, 1783

Offline alsatian

• Avid Poster
« Reply #36 on: July 05, 2011, 10:05:31 AM »
Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems the NRA has played important roles in recent second amendment court cases such as the District of Columbia v. Heller.  They have also had some indeterminate involvement in McDonald v. Chicago.  These court cases are very important cases.  They are the most on point cases involving the second amendment in at least 60 years.  If my memory serves me correctly, the argument of District of Columbia in the original Heller case was that the scope of the second amendment was limited to those who are members of a militia.  I'm sure glad THAT case didn't get decided in the opposite direction.  Wouldn't it have been great to have the US Supreme Court on record as construing that militia clause as a limitation on the right?  Whew!!!  Dodged a bullet there.  I'm also glad that the NRA has followed up on this further challenging the flakey, non-compliant way District of Columbia tried to flaunt the Supreme Court decision.  I'm an NRA supporter.  This is also a strong rational for voting for Republican presidents.  Democratic presidents have a bad record of appointing US supreme court justices who do not support the second amendment.

Offline Savage .250

« Reply #37 on: July 05, 2011, 11:00:55 AM »
Some folks are never happy...........
" The best part of the hunt is not the harvest but in the experience."

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #38 on: July 05, 2011, 05:39:41 PM »

Yeah, we should all stick our head in the sand when the NRA gets in bed with liberal Democrats.
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

---- William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons, November 18, 1783

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #39 on: July 06, 2011, 08:44:14 AM »

Yeah, we should all stick our head in the sand when the NRA gets in bed with liberal Democrats.

More BS from the peanut gallery!  What is your other option cup cake?  Where do you suggest the 4 million NRA members go to have someone support our 2nd Amendment rights? Who out their has the power of the NRA?  When you and your NRA bashing buddies can come up with that answer, come back and tell all of us Kool-aid sippers about it! :o :-*

When you can debate fellow gun owners civilly, without resorting to name calling then we'll give you that answer.

Sincerely,
cup cake

Offline Redhawk1

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #40 on: July 06, 2011, 11:57:07 AM »

More BS from the peanut gallery!  What is your other option cup cake?  Where do you suggest the 4 million NRA members go to have someone support our 2nd Amendment rights? Who out their has the power of the NRA?  When you and your NRA bashing buddies can come up with that answer, come back and tell all of us Kool-aid sippers about it! :o :-*

When you can debate fellow gun owners civilly, without resorting to name calling then we'll give you that answer.

Sincerely,
cup cake

Hard to debate civilly when you start by bashing the organization I belong to. You don't have any answers, you are going to be like nw_hunter, and just keep running your mouth how bad the NRA is. If you had another option you would of come out with it already. And please don't blow the GOA's horn, I know all about them, and no thank you!
I know a lot of other fellow gun owners, that also vote for the vary liberals wanting to take our gun away. Being a gun owner is far from being someone that has a clue how to actually defend your gun rights. If you want to know about some of the gun owners, look no further than the Jewish people here in America. They sure love their guns, yet most of them are supporters of the liberal left, and vote for the vary people wanting to take our guns. You think they would have learned their lesson many years ago about the gun grabbers. Yet they still don't get it, but love their guns. So don't feed me anything about fellow gun owners. It is not if you own them, but how you defend your right to keep them.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Life Member NA

Offline mechanic

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #41 on: July 06, 2011, 01:07:13 PM »
I have a LOT of issues with the NRA, but this one I'm not so sure of.  Notice the email I rec'd on 6/30/11.

Ben

Warning -- Anti-Gun Survey of Firearms Dealers Under Way!
Dear Ben   Williamson :
If you are a federally licensed dealer in firearms, you may recently have received a survey questionnaire from gun control supporter Dr. Garen Wintemute, of the University of California, Davis.
The survey asks dealers questions about their business, their reasons for being in the business, their support for gun control, and their customers.
Why is Dr.Wintemute sending the survey?  Consider the source. Over the years, he has received hundreds of thousands of dollars from anti-gun organizations to conduct “studies” designed to promote gun control. Several of these so-called “studies” have tried to blame legal firearms dealers for the illegal use of guns, and proposed further restrictions on dealers' ability to conduct business. (You can see a list of past studies on his website, at http://www.ucdmc.ucdavis.edu/vprp/publications/.)
We recommend that you do not respond to the survey, for two reasons. First, many of the questions in the survey are written so that Dr. Wintemute will be able to claim that at least some dealers support one or another form of gun control, or that they report the occurrence of situations that, Dr. Wintemute will likely claim, prove the need for restrictions on dealers and their customers. Second, participating in the survey in any way would give Dr. Wintemute credibility in the eyes of the anti-gun organizations that fund his efforts, which would only increase his chance of obtaining more money for more anti-gun research.
Thank you for your support of the right to keep and bear arms.
Sincerely,
National Rifle Association -- Institute for Legislative Action

Ben
Molon Labe, (King Leonidas of the Spartan Army)

Offline jimster

« Reply #42 on: July 06, 2011, 01:08:27 PM »
I don't go through life putting the NRA down, don't talk about it it all really, it's just that the subject came up on this site and it was a pretty good place to voice my opinion on how I think the NRA has changed over the years, not to my liking either. I find as I get older I'm walking away from lot's of things, the republican party, the AARP, unions, and ya, the NRA, and I pretty much walk away from any folks I don't have much use for too.  Hey, ya get old, ya get fussy and cranky, most times it's not because your just an old crank, your tired of getting stepped on and lied too, while your money gets funneled into crap you have no use for.  Well the question was asked where do 4 million people go that want to protect their second amendment rights.  I figure there are all kinds of options for 4 million people, hell they can go to the voting booth and change their laws in places out east to start with. That's a whole lot easier than having an organization "suggest" to them to lighten up on gun laws ain't it?  The NRA can't vote out the dolts in your cities and states...you do that. Anyways, I don't make any kind of habit putting the NRA down, I don't make a habit of slamming the republican party either in public, but they will need work for my vote too.  In my opinion, the NRA headed down the wrong path with supporting bad legislation to keep another worse one from taking place, and using money to buy people in Washington. I know that's the way it works with everything, but being the cranky ass that I am, I'm walking away from them too.  I ain't braggin about it...I actually don't feel good about what happened to the NRA, it's all just my opinion anyway, I don't say nothing unless I'm asked, and I was asked.  The NRA does not have to worry about me telling other people not to join up, all they need to worry about is getting me back, if they want to make it 4 million and ONE...it's their choice. 

old crank ass

Offline torpedoman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #43 on: July 06, 2011, 02:26:39 PM »
I know this will PO a lot of NRA supporters, but for some of us former members, it's business as usual with the NRA leaders of today.I'm glad I never became a life member, but if I had, I would be screaming at them daily to get back to defending the 2nd A.

http://thenewamerican.com/usnews/constitution/8018-does-the-nra-support-gun-owners

no you would not because there is no way to contact the NRA unless you want to send them money. if sending money there are more ways to do it than you can count . If you wish to contact them for any other reason not so much as a phone number (excepts the one that takes you to the send me money place,) no e mail ,NOTHING.  they do now care what you think and really do not wish to hear from you  JOIN SAF.
the nation that forgets it defenders will itself be forgotten

Offline torpedoman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #44 on: July 06, 2011, 02:30:34 PM »
I have a LOT of issues with the NRA, but this one I'm not so sure of.  Notice the email I rec'd on 6/30/11.

Ben

Warning -- Anti-Gun Survey of Firearms Dealers Under Way!
Dear Ben   Williamson :
If you are a federally licensed dealer in firearms, you may recently have received a survey questionnaire from gun control supporter Dr. Garen Wintemute, of the University of California, Davis.
The survey asks dealers questions about their business, their reasons for being in the business, their support for gun control, and their customers.
Why is Dr.Wintemute sending the survey?  Consider the source. Over the years, he has received hundreds of thousands of dollars from anti-gun organizations to conduct “studies” designed to promote gun control. Several of these so-called “studies” have tried to blame legal firearms dealers for the illegal use of guns, and proposed further restrictions on dealers' ability to conduct business. (You can see a list of past studies on his website, at http://www.ucdmc.ucdavis.edu/vprp/publications/.)
We recommend that you do not respond to the survey, for two reasons. First, many of the questions in the survey are written so that Dr. Wintemute will be able to claim that at least some dealers support one or another form of gun control, or that they report the occurrence of situations that, Dr. Wintemute will likely claim, prove the need for restrictions on dealers and their customers. Second, participating in the survey in any way would give Dr. Wintemute credibility in the eyes of the anti-gun organizations that fund his efforts, which would only increase his chance of obtaining more money for more anti-gun research.
Thank you for your support of the right to keep and bear arms.
Sincerely,
National Rifle Association -- Institute for Legislative Action

Ben

Just click on the link they gave you and you are showing interest and support for him and he uses that to raise money, odd that the nra would provide a link they know is used to support anti's   (got the same one myself)

Offline torpedoman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #45 on: July 06, 2011, 02:37:35 PM »
the  NRA  is very big and powerful

glad we have them

i will continue to support them......tho   they are far from the best stradegy

i would hate to see the NRA  go  away

but it  would be  real  nice  if some other pro-gun group  took  over the  #1  spot

i am sorry to admit  i am  not currently a member  of another group  than the NRA

please  post some  other groups.....i  may join one of them  in  addition to the NRA

Feel free to check out the Second amendment foundation they are the folks that actually won the Heller decision (The NRA did horn in and steal 15 minutes of their time without spending a dime to get the case thru all the steps required to reach scotus)
 They ave also filed and won several cases in Illinois, Calif, and many other states, they actually sue the states and citys for violating your rights. They spend your money defending and supporting your rights the NRA on the other hand spends 80% of the money they take in to raise more funds.

Offline Redhawk1

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #46 on: July 06, 2011, 06:30:47 PM »

glad we have them

but it  would be  real  nice  if some other pro-gun group  took  over the  #1  spot

i am sorry to admit  i am  not currently a member  of another group  than the NRA

please  post some  other groups.....i  may join one of them  in  addition to the NRA

Feel free to check out the Second amendment foundation they are the folks that actually won the Heller decision (The NRA did horn in and steal 15 minutes of their time without spending a dime to get the case thru all the steps required to reach scotus)
 They ave also filed and won several cases in Illinois, Calif, and many other states, they actually sue the states and citys for violating your rights. They spend your money defending and supporting your rights the NRA on the other hand spends 80% of the money they take in to raise more funds.

You make a lot of claims, but I truly don't think you have a clue as to how the NRA operates. The majority of the money raised comes from people that donate thousands of dollars, not from the $35 dollar yearly membership money.  The reason for the want of a large membership is simply numbers. If you knew anything about lobbing, number matter. As I am a Hugh advocate for our second amendment right here in Delaware, and in our 9-12 Organization, we have over 2000 members that I represent as a un-paid lobbyist for our organization when it comes to second amendment issues. I am also a member of several shooting ranges that back the NRA, and their members are included numbers when we go to legislative hall to fight agents anti-gun bills here in Delaware. So when you combined the numbers from our organization, and all the gun ranges and other pro-gun groups here in Delaware, we have a large number of people we represent. So when the NRA is lobbing on the Federal level, they are representing 4 million members.

Yes we hold the key to removing the elected officials that are anti-gun, but remember their are a lot of people that are not gun owners, and a lot of them really have no opinion one way or another, so their for they don't base their vote on the 2nd amendment as some of us do. Gun owners are not the only ones that vote. Lots of anti-gun grabbers vote as well!
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Life Member NA

Offline eye shot

• A Real Regular
    • Mike's Obituary
« Reply #47 on: July 06, 2011, 06:37:01 PM »
Shake down in Ohio. I just got done shooting my rifle, six rounds and the sheriff pulls in. Were you shooting, yes I said. He said a driver by called him wondering if my back stop was adequate. what! I told him it's good enough for me- six emty brass six holes in target with big dirt pile behind. Told me not to shoot from prone or standing up, I was using a bench and rest. So I get looking at the Ohio revised code and they suggest using the NRA range source book. I look that up and it's $59. What! -the gov telling you to by something from a no profit organization. Sounds like the NRA is in bed with the gov and only helps if you pay them.
RIP Mike. Died on July 14th, around 2am, with his family at his side, he went peacefully to be with god.

http://www.sent-trib.com/obituaries/michael-l-schulte

Offline nw_hunter

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #48 on: July 06, 2011, 06:45:07 PM »

glad we have them

The SAF is a great pro gun group! Another one of those groups some on the forum believe do nothing for the gun owner on their own!

No doubt the NRA has more members than all the other groups fighting for our very survival as gun owners, put together, and that's why it's a crying shame the leaders of the NRA are taking the hard earned money from them and using it to help those chipping away at the Second A. I presented some facts on their support for liberal legislation.Some still want us to believe it's a lie........"Go figure"

Most of us on this forum that oppose the NRA's leadership are members or former members, gun owners, and very conservative! Don't fall for this crap about us being Liberal's.IT DON"T WASH!!!

Someone said.......You cannot even talk to an NRA spokesman, unless it's about sending them money! They don't want to know how you feel about their actions. They want you to go along like a good little member and send the money.

N.R.A.........."NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE" And haven't been for a long time!

Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline Redhawk1

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #49 on: July 06, 2011, 06:45:10 PM »
I know this will PO a lot of NRA supporters, but for some of us former members, it's business as usual with the NRA leaders of today.I'm glad I never became a life member, but if I had, I would be screaming at them daily to get back to defending the 2nd A.

http://thenewamerican.com/usnews/constitution/8018-does-the-nra-support-gun-owners

no you would not because there is no way to contact the NRA unless you want to send them money. if sending money there are more ways to do it than you can count . If you wish to contact them for any other reason not so much as a phone number (excepts the one that takes you to the send me money place,) no e mail ,NOTHING.  they do now care what you think and really do not wish to hear from you  JOIN SAF.

[size=-1]NRA Member Services Online. [/size]
  • [/l][/l]
[size=-1]You can contact the NRA via mail at the following address:
National Rifle Association of America
11250 Waples Mill Road
Fairfax, VA 22030
[/size]
[/t][/t][/t][/r]

• [/l]
    [size=-1]You can contact the NRA via phone at:
    NRA Member Programs
    1-800-672-3888
    [/size]
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Life Member NA

Offline Redhawk1

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #50 on: July 06, 2011, 06:53:15 PM »

glad we have them

The SAF is a great pro gun group! Another one of those groups some on the forum believe do nothing for the gun owner on their own!

No doubt the NRA has more members than all the other groups fighting for our very survival as gun owners, put together, and that's why it's a crying shame the leaders of the NRA are taking the hard earned money from them and using it to help those chipping away at the Second A. I presented some facts on their support for liberal legislation.Some still want us to believe it's a lie........"Go figure"

Most of us on this forum that oppose the NRA's leadership are members or former members, gun owners, and very conservative! Don't fall for this crap about us being Liberal's.IT DON"T WASH!!!

Someone said.......You cannot even talk to an NRA spokesman, unless it's about sending them money! They don't want to know how you feel about their actions. They want you to go along like a good little member and send the money.

N.R.A.........."NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE" And haven't been for a long time!

Quit blowing smoke up people back side. I can pick up my phone, and call the former president of the NRA, and he will answer my call. I have several contacts with local gun groups that are in contact with the NRA. Being involved with your local gun groups and gun ranges that support the NRA, makes it a simple task. You must not try hard, or you just like running your mouth all the time. I think it is both. Also being a conservative has nothing to do with the second amendment, loving the constitution does!
I did not say you were a liberal, but you sure do help their cause. So in my book you are no better..
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Life Member NA

Offline Redhawk1

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #51 on: July 06, 2011, 06:55:54 PM »
Shake down in Ohio. I just got done shooting my rifle, six rounds and the sheriff pulls in. Were you shooting, yes I said. He said a driver by called him wondering if my back stop was adequate. what! I told him it's good enough for me- six emty brass six holes in target with big dirt pile behind. Told me not to shoot from prone or standing up, I was using a bench and rest. So I get looking at the Ohio revised code and they suggest using the NRA range source book. I look that up and it's $59. What! -the gov telling you to by something from a no profit organization. Sounds like the NRA is in bed with the gov and only helps if you pay them.

And what exactly is your point?  ???   
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Life Member NA

Offline eye shot

• A Real Regular
    • Mike's Obituary
« Reply #52 on: July 06, 2011, 07:08:20 PM »
The point being if they want to support gun owners they shouldn't extort $59 for there oppinion on how to build a backstop.
RIP Mike. Died on July 14th, around 2am, with his family at his side, he went peacefully to be with god.

Offline Redhawk1

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #53 on: July 06, 2011, 07:14:45 PM »
The point being if they want to support gun owners they shouldn't extort $59 for there oppinion on how to build a backstop.

No one is forcing you to buy anything, it was a suggestion. There are a lot of sources out their on how to build a back stop for free, just goggle it..  Non-profits only make money on donations and stuff they sell.. I am with a non-profit, and that is how we raise money..

http://search.aol.com/aol/search?q=Building+a+backstop+for+a+gun+range&s_it=spelling&v_t=keyword_rollover
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Life Member NA

Offline Redhawk1

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #54 on: July 06, 2011, 07:18:17 PM »

Also use the right terminology. Here is the definition of extortion "To obtain from another by coercion or intimidation"  Did anyone force you to buy anything?  I don't think so!  :P
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Life Member NA

Offline sidewinder319

• A Real Regular
« Reply #55 on: July 06, 2011, 07:25:23 PM »
I am working with the NRA to establish an 1,800 acre shooting complex. This is the 3rd range we have put together in the past 30 years. The NRA provides design support, grants and help in all areas of range development as well as a source for insurance.   We have as always contacted other gun groups RBK, GAO etc. We have never recieved any help from these groups.  When working on CCW laws we ask only the NRA supplied help. But as soon as everything is done they claim they helped and then attack the NRA. They followup by asking for money.  Larry Pratt lives well.  Would some one here who supports RBK and GAO post how we can get funds from them for any project. Please we  could use the help. Waiting for your post.

Offline eye shot

• A Real Regular
    • Mike's Obituary
« Reply #56 on: July 06, 2011, 07:28:08 PM »
And I didn't, but the law didn't mention anyone else but the NRA and to me thats intimidation.

Offline Redhawk1

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #57 on: July 06, 2011, 07:34:06 PM »
And I didn't, but the law didn't mention anyone else but the NRA and to me thats intimidation.

I guess we look at things differentially!
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Life Member NA

Offline Redhawk1

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #58 on: July 06, 2011, 07:35:38 PM »
I am working with the NRA to establish an 1,800 acre shooting complex. This is the 3rd range we have put together in the past 30 years. The NRA provides design support, grants and help in all areas of range development as well as a source for insurance.   We have as always contacted other gun groups RBK, GAO etc. We have never recieved any help from these groups.  When working on CCW laws we ask only the NRA supplied help. But as soon as everything is done they claim they helped and then attack the NRA. They followup by asking for money.  Larry Pratt lives well.  Would some one here who supports RBK and GAO post how we can get funds from them for any project. Please we  could use the help. Waiting for your post.

Good old Larry Pratt.. Now that guy has a past..
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Life Member NA

Offline torpedoman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #59 on: July 06, 2011, 08:03:11 PM »

I guess we look at things differentially!

We sure do, but i have watched the nra give away, compromise, our rights and allow them to be "infringed" upon for a life time. I have a carcano i ordered off the back of a comic book as a teen, it was delivered to my door by the mailman. Just how has the NRA protected that right. The final straw was when they stole 15 minutes before the supreme court from the SAF and without any work or expense now claim the Heller decision as "Their" victory. It was a cheap tacit and they have no bragging rights with anyone who  followed the case.  It's great you found a snail mail address for them wonder how long it will take to get a reply and a phone number to membership services. Think the normal member can call your guy and have him answer his phone?