Author Topic: LBT Blue Soft  (Read 1054 times)

Offline Northern Flatlander

• Trade Count: (0)
LBT Blue Soft
« on: June 29, 2011, 08:57:33 PM »
For your records:

I have a whole lot of commercial cast, (91-7-2), .358" 200gr RCBS GC bullets that need to
be shooted instead of melted.
Only the lube-groove has some kind-of lube in it.

It shoots well at loads going 2250fps or so, but leads in a quick hurry, then accuracy go's to pot.
So's I finger-lubed the recess of the shank forward of the GC with LBT Blue Soft.
One hundred rounds later, groups are still as the first 10 rnds. flung. Minimal leading.

Dwayner

Offline Veral

• GBO Sponsor
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (1)
    • Lead Bullet Technology
Re: LBT Blue Soft
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2011, 10:12:08 PM »
Thank you Dwayner!

I've never visited this site before today, but was directed to your post by another customer. 

For those interested in getting improved results from plain based commercial bullets which give leading problems and poor accuracy, there are two methods.  Simplest is to wipe the thinnest film over the top of the existing lube, with a finger like you did.  This will allow fairly decent velocities in most cases, but if one wants to get the benifit of having the bullets lubed completely with LBT lube, here are two methods.
  1. Peel the existing lube out with a thumbnail and relube with blue soft.  No need to get all the existing lube out, just most of it.
  2. Melt the existing lube out, by laying the bullets in an old cake pan, on some rags, in a kitchen oven with temperature set just high enough to melt the lube off.  As it melts it will soak into the rags and leave the bullets clean.  Finger lube and you are ready to load and shoot.

You can do the same with your gas checked bullets and get better results than with just filling the check shank.  Either smear over the existing lube or replace it for optimum results.

I'm Veral Smith, of Lead Bullet Technology, by the way.  Our website is  LBTMoulds.com if you'd like to order our lube, molds or other products.
Veral Smith

Offline crash87

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Contributor
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2011, 06:07:54 AM »
I posted a ? on Verals forum about this a while ago. I had some 429421 cast, I bought, that had Crayola crayon type lube. I got a number of helpfull suggestions from Veral and others.
What I did was put the bullets in a colander type bowl i had made for heat treating bullets. I got a pan of water almost to a boil and set the bullets into the water. Immediately I saw the lube melt and disappear into the water. If you want, you can pull them out, but they will have a film of the melted lube on them which, I found, to be a non-issue. Or, you can pull the pan off the burner, let the water cool, in which case the lube will harden on the top of the water and take it out, simple as that. WARNING!!!!!!!!!!! DO NOT USE YOUR WIFES GOOD KITCHENWARE!!!!! for obvious reasons.  ;)

Offline geezerbiker

• Trade Count: (14)
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2011, 09:31:56 AM »
I've tumble lubed commercial cast bullets with Lee Alox with good results.  I've been shooting MO bullets in my .30.30 over lubed with Alox with no leading...

Tony