Author Topic: Persecution begins: Preacher assaulted for preaching against 'death cult'  (Read 924 times)

Offline yellowtail3

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Oh father of the four winds, fill my sails!
I have dismissed predictions of persecution of Christians by homosexuals and those who promote and defend their wicked lifestyle. Well, it turns out I may have been wrong.

A Preacher was assaulted recently in NC while protesting a 'gay pride' parade. Politics and religion can be contentious, but there is no excuse for assaulting someone. I'm ashamed this sort of thing has happened in the state my children were born in.

Full story here: http://www.wral.com/news/state/story/9804301/

Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline Heather

• GBO Supporter
    • mymartialartsplus.com
You did read the part where he was assaulted by a 74 yr old woman who hugged him and kissed him on the cheek right??? I have seen old ladies wrap their arms around a preacher after so many sermons I can't count them all. I have never seen a pastor really want the old ladies hugging on them, but they smile and politely nod their thanks and mumble their God Bless yous.  Is the problem that she is a gay rights activist, and he didn't want her to touch him? Then if that is the case then he has a right to press charges, but is it really the Christian thing to do?
Strive for complete serenity in all aspects of life.
www.mymartialartsplus.com

A closed mind is often closed to the truth!

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and loose both...Ben Franklin

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
That may be the crux of the situation Heather.  A hug or sometimes a kiss, traditionally has not been considered an assault, but since the 1980s, such things when pressed upon an unwilling recipient are considered as such.  I believe most know that much of the gay/lesbian community is quite promiscous and with the many STDs etc making their way around the promiscous population, one can hardly be blamed if they refuse to "participate".
  Any perp who spits on a cop is charged with assault..likewise. a kiss often involves a saliva transfer.
  The gay/lesbian community seems to be a fertile incubator of the various STDs.  One would be of short memory indeed, were they not to recall that AIDS was originally called GRIDS (gay related imunodeficiency syndrome). keeping that in mind, I wouldn't want to deal with their body fluids either.
      Even the article described a situation where the demonstrator tried to humiliate the man.  In order to get a "fair and balanced" look at the situation, we should consider the reverse.  Suppose some animal rights gal was protesting at a slaughter house...and one of the butchers came out wearing a bloody apron, and gave the Peta type a big old hug & kiss...would she have a case for assault ?
  ...And before you comment, many of us being hunters, would rather be touched by a little critter blood, than be confronted with a possible chance at AIDS..  That stuff is no joke, especially where homosexuals are involved.
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline yellowtail3

• Oh father of the four winds, fill my sails!
I believe most know that much of the gay/lesbian community is quite promiscous ...
...and the heterosexual 'community' is NOT?!?

...and with the many STDs etc making their way around the promiscous population, one can hardly be blamed if they refuse to "participate"..
I wonder how the herpes rate compares, gay vs straight

The gay/lesbian community seems to be a fertile incubator of the various STDs. 
they are?? More so than non-homosexuals who like sex?

One would be of short memory indeed, were they not to recall that AIDS was originally called GRIDS (gay related imunodeficiency syndrome). keeping that in mind, I wouldn't want to deal with their body fluids either.
pssst.... Ironglow... I don't think lesbians generally get AIDS in significant numbers, and... the lady who gave the ranting preacher his much-needed hug, was not a lesbian (she was there with her husband)

Maybe if someone explains this, the 'victim' will feel a little better? I'll bet he really did need a hug... P)
Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline dukkillr

• Moderators
    • The Daily Limit
That may be the crux of the situation Heather.  A hug or sometimes a kiss, traditionally has not been considered an assault, but since the 1980s, such things when pressed upon an unwilling recipient are considered as such.  I believe most know that much of the gay/lesbian community is quite promiscous and with the many STDs etc making their way around the promiscous population, one can hardly be blamed if they refuse to "participate"..
  The gay/lesbian community seems to be a fertile incubator of the various STDs.  One would be of short memory indeed, were they not to recall that AIDS was originally called GRIDS (gay related imunodeficiency syndrome). keeping that in mind, I wouldn't want to deal with their body fluids either.
    W

Interesting.  I'd honestly never given this much consideration.  But since we are told above that the assaulter was a woman she must be either straight or lesbian.  As in, it's not possible for a woman to have same-sex relations with a man.  So, while your point was generalized and inclusive, lets break it down a bit more.

Please link me to a study that shows all the horrible STD infection rates of non-straight WOMEN?  For the purposes of this discussion we can assume higher infection rates among MEN are irrelevant since it was a woman involved.

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
I believe most know that much of the gay/lesbian community is quite promiscous ...
...and the heterosexual 'community' is NOT?!?

...and with the many STDs etc making their way around the promiscous population, one can hardly be blamed if they refuse to "participate"..
I wonder how the herpes rate compares, gay vs straight

The gay/lesbian community seems to be a fertile incubator of the various STDs. 
See above. Is this an area of expertise for you?
One would be of short memory indeed, were they not to recall that AIDS was originally called GRIDS (gay related imunodeficiency syndrome). keeping that in mind, I wouldn't want to deal with their body fluids either.
pssst.... Ironglow... I don't think lesbians generally get AIDS in significant numbers, and... the lady who gave the ranting preacher his much-needed hug, was not a lesbian (she was there with her husband)

Maybe if someone explains this, the 'victim' will feel a little better? I'll bet he really did need a hug... P)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  I don't know about your heterosexual community..if that's where you're at; but my heterosexual community is not promiscuous.
  One does not have to have great "expertise' to see the reports over decades, how many homos have "bit the dust"..due to aids.  One would have to have been living in a cave in the arctic..not to have realized also, the huge suicide rate by them.  It is a dangerous lifestyle.
   You're welcome to swap spit with all the gays you may want to, but don't expect everyone to be craving such activity.
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
That may be the crux of the situation Heather.  A hug or sometimes a kiss, traditionally has not been considered an assault, but since the 1980s, such things when pressed upon an unwilling recipient are considered as such.  I believe most know that much of the gay/lesbian community is quite promiscous and with the many STDs etc making their way around the promiscous population, one can hardly be blamed if they refuse to "participate"..
    W

.  So, while your point was generalized and inclusive, lets break it down a bit more.

Please link me to a study that shows all the horrible STD infection rates of non-straight WOMEN?  For the purposes of this discussion we can assume higher infection rates among MEN are irrelevant since it was a woman involved.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`
  DUK says;
  " Interesting.  I'd honestly never given this much consideration.  But since we are told above that the assaulter was a woman she must be either straight or lesbian.  As in, it's not possible for a woman to have same-sex relations with a man"
 You say the woman "must be either straight or lesbian"..Not necessarily DUK, within that kind of crowd, all kinds of combinations could be engineered !
  Higher incidence of STDs among homosexual men and women (must be tough sorting out which is which)..  Here's an article from the
  AMERICAN COLLEGE of PEDIATRICIANS:
      http://factsaboutyouth.com/posts/health-risks-of-the-homosexual-lifestyle/

Now, scroll down to "female homosexual behavior' and click onto it...there's your answer...

DUK:
  You are a lawyer..Is not a hug and kiss forced upon an unwilling person a "simple assault", just as the article said ?

Offline powderman

I don't know about your heterosexual community..if that's where you're at; but my heterosexual community is not promiscuous.
  One does not have to have great "expertise' to see the reports over decades, how many homos have "bit the dust"..due to aids.  One would have to have been living in a cave in the arctic..not to have realized also, the huge suicide rate by them.  It is a dangerous lifestyle.
   You're welcome to swap spit with all the gays you may want to, but don't expect everyone to be craving such activity.

IRONGLOW. All true. Plain to me that some here travel in different circles, maybe even march to a different drummer. POWDERMAN.  :o :o
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline dukkillr

• Moderators
    • The Daily Limit
I think you'd have a hard time making that case here... 

Statute 21-3408: Assault. Assault is intentionally placing another person in reasonable apprehension of immediate bodily harm.
       Assault is a class C person misdemeanor.

Statute 21-3412: Battery. (a) Battery is:
      (1)   Intentionally or recklessly causing bodily harm to another person; or

(2)   intentionally causing physical contact with another person when done in a rude, insulting or angry manner.

(b)   Battery is a class B person misdemeanor.

Offline subdjoe

If a man throws his arms around a woman and kisses her without her consent, he can, and often is, charged with sexual assault and battery.   Why should a woman who throws her arms around a man and kisses him without his consent be liable to the same charge?
Your ob't & etc,
Joseph Lovell

Justice Robert H. Jackson - It is not the function of the government to keep the citizen from falling into error; it is the function of the citizen to keep the government from falling into error.

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
I think you'd have a hard time making that case here... 

Statute 21-3408: Assault. Assault is intentionally placing another person in reasonable apprehension of immediate bodily harm.
       Assault is a class C person misdemeanor.

Statute 21-3412: Battery. (a) Battery is:
      (1)   Intentionally or recklessly causing bodily harm to another person; or

(2)   intentionally causing physical contact with another person when done in a rude, insulting or angry manner.

(b)   Battery is a class B person misdemeanor.
  From the article;
 " Rory Collins, police chief in the town located about 45 miles northeast of Charlotte, said Belcher wanted to press charges, which he hadn't expected. Belcher contends police would have charged him if he had touched a 74-year-old woman and that he didn't personally pursue charges.

And it doesn't matter if Parker was aiming for Belcher's mouth or cheek, Collins said.

"She might disagree with this, but it wasn't done as a show of affection," he said. "It was an unwanted touching."

Parker is due back in court Sept. 12. Simple assault is a misdemeanor and could bring a sentence of up to 30 days of community service for a first-time offender.
********************************************************************************

Obviously, the LEO and the judge in this case, both saw it as an assault.  Clearly, it was unwanted, thus an assault !
  ....And you did see the publication by the College of American Pediatricians, right ?  So the potential for a dangerous assault was clear..

....For those interested in seeing the event..here are a series of videos from the event, posted on youtube.com .

Perhaps 'the kiss' is on one of them.  I did notice how that gang tried to intimidate the preacher with some large people and dogs approaching and blocking him..but that's OK, as long as they keep their hands (and lips) off !

Offline powderman

intentionally causing physical contact with another person when done in a rude, insulting or angry manner.

Since all you have is heresay how can you know her intent?? Do you believe that lawyers have super powers to know these things?? I definitely would NOT want anybody at a perverts celebration hugging or kissing me. Sounds like she was just being a pushy old bird. POWDERMAN.  :o :o
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
Maybe she found the preacher's message irresistable....she will just have to learn to control herself !