Author Topic: This is for all the obamaites, enjoy.  (Read 1931 times)

Offline yellowtail3

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Oh father of the four winds, fill my sails!
Re: This is for all the obamaites, enjoy.
« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2011, 10:20:00 AM »
I didnt expect the two of you to understand what I was saying. The left is a bunch of hypocrites-tea partyers peacefully assembling to protest a proposed unconstitution healthcare bill were somehow anarchists, racists, anti government blah blah blah

Well, speaking only for myself... I've never said that the tea baggers/tea partiers were anarchists, though they might have a few. I've never generalized them as racists, though they definitely have some in their midst. So far as being anti-gov't? Well, they seem, as a group, to be kind of anti-gov't, though probably not as anti-government as I am.

I'm not so sure hypocrisy resides exclusively on the left. In fact... I'm certain is does not.
Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline lakota

• Trade Count: (26)
« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2011, 10:39:40 AM »
Here again more hot air.Your post lost credibility with the disrepectful "Tea Bagger" reference. No one will address just why it is ok for a bunch of lefties to assemble and protest a republican governor and a bill he proposes but it is unacceptable for a group to assemble in opposition of a leftist president and a bill he proposes.

I still await an answer fraught with twisted logic
Hi NSA! Can you see how many fingers I am holding up?

Offline yellowtail3

• Oh father of the four winds, fill my sails!
« Reply #32 on: July 05, 2011, 11:02:14 AM »
Here again more hot air.Your post lost credibility with the disrepectful "Tea Bagger" reference.

Lost credibility? Why? Unapproved terminology? Disrespectful? Since when has worry that some term is disrespectful been a concern here in this Political Issues Discussion? Graded on a curve... I'm an A student, when it comes to respect.
Do posts here lose credibility when they contain a terms someone finds... disrespectful? Give me a break!

Anyhow... my point was that hypocrisy isn't unique to the political left. Do you disagree?

NOTE: I thought that some in the 'tea party' movement called themselves teabaggers... but if they want to be called something else they can let me know. I'm in favor of calling folks by what they name themselves, rather than what those who hate them want to label them as. Do you agree that's a good & fair practice?I wonder if others here would agree with me on that practice, and would agree to start following it?

Any Takers?
Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline XD40SC

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #33 on: July 05, 2011, 11:34:53 AM »
I didnt expect the two of you to understand what I was saying. The left is a bunch of hypocrites-tea partyers peacefully assembling to protest a proposed unconstitution healthcare bill were somehow anarchists, racists, anti government blah blah blah but a bunch of leftists get together and trash a city in Wisconsin to protest a union bill and somehow their actions are "democracy in action"

And I would also ask my esteemed professor to point out where I rasied the question of Obama's birth place in my post?

Seems as though you were grasping at straws as a way to neutralize my argument.
You are correct in saying the people who trashed the Building in Wisconson were wrong. They certainly were and because of it they added to the fuel that  gave unions and teachers bad names. But to use one example of a bunch going off the deep end to label all teachers is like saying all Christians, especially Baptists, are crazy nutz because of the Westboro Baptist Church.

Offline XD40SC

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #34 on: July 05, 2011, 11:40:00 AM »
Your post lost credibility with the disrepectful "Tea Bagger" reference
It's wonderful that you think name calling is a practice that cause the reader to lose all respect for the name caller . I'm glad you never do it - or do you ?

Offline lakota

« Reply #35 on: July 05, 2011, 12:24:54 PM »
Spare me the lecture and high moral tones and feel free to point out instances where I have engaged in name calling

Offline lakota

« Reply #36 on: July 05, 2011, 12:31:28 PM »

Anyhow... my point was that hypocrisy isn't unique to the political left. Do you disagree?

No I dont disagree...But I am still waiting to be enlighted as to just why it is that a leftist protest is heroic and and acceptable in the eyes of the leftist media and leftist politicains but a protest rally by a group against big government and over taxation is frowned upon and scorned by leftist media and politicians.

And perhaps the term "teabagger" was one that was used in the begining of the movement but it has been turned into a disrespectful slur by the media. One could almost make the case that it is a racial slur.

Offline dukkillr

• Moderators
    • The Daily Limit
« Reply #37 on: July 05, 2011, 12:34:12 PM »
Spare me the lecture and high moral tones and feel free to point out instances where I have engaged in name calling
Feel free to not do that.  Why some of you are incapable of following the rules is beyond me.  GB and Matt both had to step in here last week.  People will be banned. 

A simple test: 

Think to yourself, "Does what I just wrote address the topic of the thread or the character of another poster?"  If you're not sure, error on the side of not posting.  I do not care who did it first.  I do not care who did it second.  I do not care why you think it's OK.  At this stage in your life you must be adult enough to not get drawn into baiting and childish name calling. 

THIS MUST STOP.

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #38 on: July 07, 2011, 06:52:35 AM »
I believe the homo sexual term used to describe the tea party folks was one Graybeard did not want to see used in his forum. Zack I think he mentioned that to you and being a moderator maybe you should moderate.
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.