Author Topic: Cash for clunkers  (Read 998 times)

Offline Junior1942

• Trade Count: (1)
    • The Frugal Outdoorsman
Cash for clunkers
« on: July 07, 2011, 06:38:07 AM »
 :) Good reports from the auto industry in today's paper. Hiring, hiring, hiring.  Looks like the president's "Cash for Clunkers" program has started working.  Good thing he followed through with the Bush bailouts, huh?

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
Re: Cash for clunkers
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2011, 06:40:22 AM »
It appears unemployment claims are up once again. Go figure.
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline powderman

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2011, 01:46:24 PM »
It appears unemployment claims are up once again. Go figure.

BILLY. YEP, news just said ANOTHER 418,000 more just last week. POWDERMAN.  :P :P
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2011, 01:53:18 PM »
PM those darned liberal talking points always fail when they are faced with fact. In the liberal parasite world facts would be outlawed and replaced with emotional diatribe.
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline Forestclimber

• Trade Count: (38)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2011, 02:44:59 PM »
I took advantage of the cash for clunkers program and now my friends are always asking about the Obamamobile etc...   I didn't vote for him the first time, and I won't vote for him the second time.

Offline hillbill

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2011, 03:18:52 PM »
im not a conspriracy type guy but i was just wondering? yu take a lot of older cheap paid for cars off the market.and even the junkers that were parts for the running cars. yu might stimulate the new car market and the used car market.car lots are makin money, wrecking yards are makin money, more cars are being built in detroit?didn t seem to really help anyone but did make used cars a lot higher priced for us poor people.i aint sayin it im jus sayin.

Offline Casull

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2011, 03:44:07 PM »
Looks like the president's "Cash for Clunkers" program has started working.

ROFLMAO!!!!!!    Started working a year after it ended, huh? 

Good thing he followed through with the Bush bailouts, huh?

They were bad under Bush and got worse under obama.  The only good thing about the "cash for clunkers" was that it got a lot of obama bumper stickers off the road.
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline powderman

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2011, 05:33:14 PM »
ROFLMAO!!!!!!    Started working a year after it ended, huh? 

HEH, we weren't supposed to notice that. POWDERMAN.  ;) ;)
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline lakota

• Trade Count: (26)
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2011, 06:06:08 PM »
What a joke and the Joke's on us Amerika!
Hi NSA! Can you see how many fingers I am holding up?

Offline gypsyman

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2011, 02:59:27 AM »
Ever actually talk with anybody that used this program to buy a new car. I have. Not many people know that the extra ''cash'' had to be reported on your income tax as income, and tax's had to be paid. Whoopee. gypsyman
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline us920669

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2011, 04:50:45 AM »
Any time the government tampers with what should be a market process, all sorts of outcomes will occur.  Some may seem good at first, but at the end of the day, all they have accomplished is to destroy wealth.  Clinton's brainstorm that anyone with a pulse should get a home mortgage touched off a number of booms, but it may have been a fatal dose of economic poison for America.

Offline Casull

« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2011, 05:42:21 AM »
Any time the government tampers with what should be a market process, all sorts of outcomes will occur.  Some may seem good at first, but at the end of the day, all they have accomplished is to destroy wealth.  Clinton's brainstorm that anyone with a pulse should get a home mortgage touched off a number of booms, but it may have been a fatal dose of economic poison for America.
   +1
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline Shu

« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2011, 06:28:25 AM »
The government should keep its dirty stinkin filthy hands out of the economy.
Lower taxes, stop useless spending, and quit interfering in free trade.

Lowering taxes- more money in the hands of the people. More money in the hands of the people means they will spend more. People spneding more puts cash into the society.

Stop useless spending- Cash for clunkers, basically if you could get an auto to the place you would get a thousand dollars. Yes you are taxed for it. More useless spending- bail outs for companies who through mismanagement should have gone bankrupt. Foriegn aid to countries who have sworn America as enemies.

Quit interfereing in free trade- releasing 60 million barrels of oil from the reserves was nothing more than grand standing. 60 million barrels are used in a day.

Don't get me started on Clintons you can have a house even if you can't afford it scheme. That was the basis for the economic down turn. The full ripple effect is being felt now.

Offline nomosendero

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2011, 05:11:25 PM »

Yes, those who think look at the long term effects. I am amazed how someone will get all giddy over such an announcement when the car market has been so bad & likely will dip again quite soon. To think the "cash for clunkers" will have a good long term effect is waaaay out there. But it is fun reading! ;D
You will not make peace with the Bluecoats, you are free to go.

Offline mirage1988

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2011, 05:42:03 PM »
Hopefully there is cash for clunkers part 2, im seeing obama2012 bumper stickers already, maybe next time they dont let the drivers out before they are crushed.

Offline Junior1942

• The Frugal Outdoorsman
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2011, 02:06:58 AM »
DJIA as Bush was leaving office: ~8,200  and tanking.
DJIA Friday: ~12,700 and rising.
Looks like Obama's programs are working.  Also looks like Bush's were a disaster.

Offline us920669

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2011, 04:10:32 AM »
Junior, it's Bernanke's "program" that has set the stock market on fire.  This program consists of creating trillions of fictitious dollars (Bernanke bucks) and giving them to the very same people who caused the financial crisis - Wall Street - and some day they will come back to haunt us in the form of raging inflation.  Actually, it is already happening.

Bush took office after the tech bubble popped and the Dow was also quite low.  Over the next few years we achieved near full employment and started to improve the trade balance through exports.  The financial crisis had its roots in the real estate boom of the 90s. 

I am not a big Bush booster.  I remember talking with a well-informed liberal friend shortly after Bush (fairly) won the 2000 election, and we agreed that Gore might have been lucky.  The country, then and now, faced long term problems of high costs, unfunded mandates and a borrow-and-spend culture which actually dates from long before either of us were even born.  Not only is Obama not doing the right things, he is doing exactly the wrong things.   

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2011, 05:52:10 AM »
Jr. It appears the all time record high of the DOW did not happen under your parasite messiah BO. Happened under Bush. Time to get some more talking points from moveon.org Jr.

http://en.wikinews.org/wiki/Dow_Jones_closes_at_all-time_record_high

I was happy to see old parasite make the market crash. I pulled out when it was sky high and then bought back in when it went low. Now I am out again.

Offline bigMikeA

• Contributor
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2011, 07:08:09 PM »
What a joke and the Joke's on us Amerika!

you betcha!! ;) ;)