Author Topic: Great H&R Customer Service  (Read 532 times)

Offline Guntrainer

• Trade Count: (0)
Great H&R Customer Service
« on: July 12, 2011, 05:52:10 PM »
I bought my Buffalo Classic March of 2010. I have only shot it on two different occasions, and while oiling it, noticed a chip out of the stock at the toe.

A call to Ben at Customer Service has a new stock on the way, no charge, and all I had to do was send the old one back. They said I would get a pretty good match.

I am really impressed with this level of service. For those of you who have not shot a Buffalo Classic, I highly recommend the gun. I put  a better set of sights on it, and it is about my favorite shooter.

I load the 405 gr Remington at Trapdoor speeds, and it does what I want, which is to wop the heck out of a 200 yard steel plate.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Re: Great H&R Customer Service
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2011, 06:32:49 PM »
That's the norm for H&R customer service, I had the same problem when one of my BCs came back with a second 45-70 BC accessory barrel, stock was chipped, I sent Gardner an email pic, they sent me a new stock, never even asked for the bad one to be sent back, I cut it off square and added a recoil pad!  8)

Tim

"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline jparedes

• GBO Supporter
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2011, 05:18:09 AM »
There is no doubt that H&R's Customer Service is way above the norm, actually, I think is at the top of all customer services I have ever dealt with.

Yes, their Customer Service is great, but it shouldn't be having to be dealing with issues like that.  That stock should not have left the factory.  That rifle was handled by more than one person during the process all the way to shipping, and nobody involved had the guts, or interest or conscience to stop it and re-routed it for repair; or maybe the conditions of work, due to management attitude, is focused more in getting the product out even if it is flawed.  In other words, the people in the factory don't have a culture of quality, and that can only be attributed to a management team that doesn't understand that if a product lacks quality, it will be displaced from the market by similar products at similar prices but with superior quality. Isn't it starting to happen by the likes of Rossi, IZH, etc.?

Again, I plead to the H&R management team to look into a quality program that involves ALL factory's employees.  H&R is still a factory in the USA that provides jobs to Americans.  Let's keep those jobs here.

Check Total Quality Management (TQM).  That Quality Assurance (QA) program saved Harley Davidson from ruin and made it an iconic and successful brand.

Offline Junior1942

• Trade Count: (1)
    • The Frugal Outdoorsman
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2011, 11:02:09 AM »
....... Check Total Quality Management (TQM).  That Quality Assurance (QA) program saved Harley Davidson from ruin and made it an iconic and successful brand.
A big 10-4 on that.  It's a shame Schrade didn't try it.  But actually they didn't have a quality problem, IMHO.  They had a price problem that I think was mainly in their heads, not ours.  I would buy a USA Schrade @ $5 to $10 more than a China Schrade, and I doubt I'm alone.

Offline bikerbeans

• Trade Count: (168)
  • BANDIT - North American Snake Hound
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2011, 11:23:55 AM »
....... Check Total Quality Management (TQM).  That Quality Assurance (QA) program saved Harley Davidson from ruin and made it an iconic and successful brand.
A big 10-4 on that.  It's a shame Schrade didn't try it.  But actually they didn't have a quality problem, IMHO.  They had a price problem that I think was mainly in their heads, not ours.  I would buy a USA Schrade @ $5 to $10 more than a China Schrade, and I doubt I'm alone.

Uncle Henry moved to China?  I am always the last to know.

BB
RIP Tom: Tom Nolan, ( bikerbeans) passed away this afternoon (02-04-2021).

Why be difficult, when with a little extra effort you can be impossible?

Wife's Handis;  300 BLKOUT

MINE:  270W, 308x444, 44 Bodeen, 410 shorty rifled slug gun, 445 SuperMag Shikari, 45 ACP shorty,  45-70 Shikari, 45 Cal Smokeless MZ, 50cal 24" SS Sidekick, 50 cal 24" Huntsman, 50 cal 26" Huntsman, 50 cal 26" Sidekick, 50-70 Govt Shikari, Tracker II 20 ga shorty, 20 ga VR Pardner, 20ga USH, 12ga VR NWTF, 12ga Tracker II shorty WITHOUT scope, 12ga USH, 10 ga  Pardner Smoothbore slug gun & 24ga Profino Custom rifled slug gun.

Offline gcrank1

• Trade Count: (24)
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2011, 02:38:08 PM »
Hey BB, havent you heard!
We dont make anything here anymore except trouble.........
"Halt while I adjust my accoutrements!"
      ><   ->
We are only temporary caretakers of the past heading toward an uncertain future
22Mag UV / 22LR  Sportster
357Mag Schuetzen Special
45-70  SS Ultra Hunter with UV cin.lam. wood
12ga. 'Ol' Ugly OverKill', Buck barrel c/w  SpeedStock  and swap 28" x Full bird barrel, 1974

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2011, 05:10:37 AM »
Not any different in Canada. I live in the Maritimes and find nothing but frozen imported fish
( China mostly) in the Stores. The fish that are sold fresh come from fish farms. :(
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.

Offline OldSchoolRanger

• Trade Count: (60)
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2011, 06:04:26 AM »
Hey I agree with JR :o .  It must be the start of a good day ::) .  Just breakin' them JR, no need for a response  8) .
"You are entitled to your own opinions, but you are not entitled to your own facts." - Sen. Daniel Patrick Moynihan

When you allow a lie to go unchallenged, it becomes the truth.

My quandary, I personally, don't think I have enough Handi's but, I know I have more Handi's than I really need or should have.

Offline cjrjck

• Trade Count: (70)
  • Contributor
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2011, 07:23:13 AM »
Ditto on Customer Service. I recently returned a receiver that had a transfer bar issue. The Kentucky regional repair center said to send it to them but I called Ilion and they said they would repair it. I think I received the email from them a week and a half later stating they had it and were fixing it. Receiver showed up in the mail less than a week after that. Total turn around time was about 2.5 weeks and that includes shipping both ways.