Author Topic: Jesus "was" or "is"  (Read 568 times)

Offline crustylicious

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
  • Reading is fundamental, comprehension optional!
Jesus "was" or "is"
« on: July 14, 2011, 07:45:06 AM »
Acts 1:21
Therefore it is necessary to choose one of the men who have been with us the whole time the Lord Jesus was living among us,
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so sure of themselves, and the wiser people so full of doubts." Bertrand Russell
"The speaking in perpetual hyperbole is comely in nothing but love" Francis Bacon, Sr.
Voting is like driving a car- choose (D) to go forward- choose (R) to go backwards!
When all think alike, no one thinks very much. Albert Einstein

Offline Lost Farmboy

• Trade Count: (4)
Re: Jesus "was" or "is"
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2011, 07:57:49 AM »
  Jesus was, is and always shall be!!!
A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.   John F. Kennedy

"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under" -Ronald Reagan

“So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause.”  Padme Amidala

Offline powderman

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2011, 08:12:31 AM »
crustacious. What a totally ignorant post. I will not dignify that with a response. Either you really don't understand scripture or you are just fishing again.  POWDERMAN.  ::) ::)
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2011, 08:12:35 AM »
The man walked among men on earth the sprit lives in the heart of those who accept him. So the ? seems odd
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline yellowtail3

• Oh father of the four winds, fill my sails!
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2011, 09:14:10 PM »
Therefore it is necessary to choose one of the men who have been with us the whole time the Lord Jesus was living among us

If the thread title is a question, it's an easy one; I'll knock it out of the park:

Jesus was living among us, and Jesus is alive - at least in spirit, if not in the flesh right here on earth right now (though he was, post-crucifixion, according to scripture). It may be that he walks the earth on occasion, I don't know. I vaguely recall a scripture that says that some have entertained angels, unaware; maybe Jesus, too? If so... he's probably a black man or maybe an illegal alien in need of help... we'd all do well to bear that in mind, before indulging in certain prejudices.
Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline subdjoe

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2011, 09:58:03 PM »
Since as God, the Divine Logos,  He transcends time, He can properly be spoken of in just about any tense, but when talking about His characteristics (liberal, merciful, just, loving) then the present tense is most proper, in that He exists beyond existence, and is those things (in as much as any human words can fully describe Him).

If you are talking of the time that the Uncircumscribable became incarnate, was Circumscribed within the Womb More Spacious Than The Heavens, was born according to the flesh, and dwelt physically among men, then the past tense is appropriate. 

Your ob't & etc,
Joseph Lovell

Justice Robert H. Jackson - It is not the function of the government to keep the citizen from falling into error; it is the function of the citizen to keep the government from falling into error.

Offline Mike38

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2011, 06:34:09 PM »
My friend from high school was living just a mile from me. He moved to Arizona. He is still living, just no longer near me.
Jesus was living here on earth. He is now living in Heaven. He is still living, just no longer on earth.
If you don’t understand, you need to brush up on basic English.

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2011, 06:24:59 AM »
Therefore it is necessary to choose one of the men who have been with us the whole time the Lord Jesus was living among us

If the thread title is a question, it's an easy one; I'll knock it out of the park:

Jesus was living among us, and Jesus is alive - at least in spirit, if not in the flesh right here on earth right now (though he was, post-crucifixion, according to scripture). It may be that he walks the earth on occasion, I don't know. I vaguely recall a scripture that says that some have entertained angels, unaware; maybe Jesus, too? If so... he's probably a black man or maybe an illegal alien in need of help... we'd all do well to bear that in mind, before indulging in certain prejudices.

Or a little white girl,Indian woman,or even a rich Caucasian male..............You Reckon? oops! YT caused me to stray from the subject! ;D
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.