Author Topic: Jane Fonda - Crybaby, claims QVC is unfair!  (Read 9378 times)

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
Re: Jane Fonda - Crybaby, claims QVC is unfair!
« Reply #120 on: July 22, 2011, 06:11:50 AM »
Kissinger........another Chosen that was in High Places :(
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.

Offline AtlLaw

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (58)
  • A good woman, nice bike and fine guns!
« Reply #121 on: July 22, 2011, 06:28:33 AM »
I suspect this little boy would have agreed with critics of the war. But you can't ask him; he's dead, murdered by American soldiers.

Okay, I've had it!  Normally I accept Yellowtail's pot stirring because he often makes points.  But I've been called a baby killer for the last time.    >:(
Richard
Former Captain of Horse, keeper of the peace and interpreter of statute.  Currently a Gentleman of leisure.
Nemo me impune lacessit

Support your local US Military Vets Motorcycle Club

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
« Reply #122 on: July 22, 2011, 06:54:44 AM »
What in He**  are you implying with  "reich-wing" ? >:(
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.

Offline yellowtail3

• Oh father of the four winds, fill my sails!
« Reply #123 on: July 22, 2011, 07:00:30 AM »
What in He**  are you implying with  "reich-wing" ? >:(

I was listening to an interview by Robert Reich (former Sec Labor) about the debt-ceiling negotiations. I can link the interview, if you're interested. He was talking about how what we hear in the news about negotiations, and what is actually being said in parallel conversations, were ofter very, very different.

Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline Casull

« Reply #124 on: July 22, 2011, 07:03:19 AM »
Hopefully, he didn't see his mother raped by American soldiers before they killed him:

Where would Jesus side in this?

My guess is Jesus would abhor your use of this picture, as well as your lies.
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline yellowtail3

« Reply #125 on: July 22, 2011, 07:08:06 AM »
You may have a point on the picture; I'm in favor of good taste, though not in compromising the truth. But if the truth so offends that people won't listen, that is something to consider. On the other hand... it's a way of forcing censorship.
But you'll have to point out the lie?

EDIT: photo of murdered Vietnamese civilians killed. The point remains (as will Ironglow's context-free pics, most likely)

Something to consider: some complain that Fonda's antics compromised the war effort. I'll submit the My Lai and the general blood toll did far more to 'compromise' the war effort, than a whole trainload of Fondas could ever have done - whaddya think?
Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline Casull

« Reply #126 on: July 22, 2011, 07:52:09 AM »

Ok, yellow.  Unless you have some evidence that his mother was raped by US soldiers, then you just made it up and that is a LIE.  So, do you have any evidence?
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #127 on: July 22, 2011, 08:04:19 AM »
We get you Yellow;
  Anything American...BAD    Anything our enemies do....Good..
    Does this have anything to do with your already mentioned, dislike of law officers ?
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
  You also stated;
  " Something to consider: some complain that Fonda's antics compromised the war effort. I'll submit the My Lai and the general blood toll did far more to 'compromise' the war effort, than a whole trainload of Fondas could ever have done - whaddya think"?
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
  I agree; both My Lai and Fonda did great damage...but last I knew, Lt. Calley was still in jail.. How about Hanoi Jane ?
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline yellowtail3

« Reply #128 on: July 22, 2011, 08:25:01 AM »
We get you Yellow;   Anything American...BAD    Anything our enemies do....Good..
That is not my position, Ironglow.
...but last I knew, Lt. Calley was still in jail..
You are badly mis-informed (no surprise there). Calley was convicted of murder, and given a life sentence... but only served something like three years of house arrest (in quarters). He's been a free man for nearly forty years (his victims are all still dead)
How about Hanoi Jane ?
Hanoi Jane (a fair moniker, though unkind) never killed anyone, never ordered anyone to kill anyone, and was never charged with killing anyone. She, too, is free, just like Calley is.
------------
Ok, yellow.  Unless you have some evidence that his mother was raped by US soldiers, then you just made it up and that is a LIE.
I don't know that the child's mother was raped, but there's a fair chance she was, as many women were raped by the troops that day.  This is public record and common knowledge.
So, do you have any evidence?
I do. Do you really want me to post it? How about just a link to the Peers Report, and you can wade through it? How about in another thread - it'll just be inflammatory here, and there's enough upset already.

Offline powderman

« Reply #129 on: July 22, 2011, 08:47:49 AM »
I suspect this little boy would have agreed with critics of the war. But you can't ask him; he's dead, murdered by American soldiers.

Okay, I've had it!  Normally I accept Yellowtail's pot stirring because he often makes points.  But I've been called a baby killer for the last time.    >:(

ATLAW. Good for you, thats exactly what he is saying, besides accusing American soldiers of wantonly raping vietnamese  women.  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
IRONGLOW, good posts, thanks for the links.  :o :o
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline Casull

« Reply #130 on: July 22, 2011, 09:37:40 AM »
I don't know that the child's mother was raped

Yet you felt comfortable writing that she was.  That sounds like a LIAR to me.
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline yellowtail3

« Reply #131 on: July 22, 2011, 09:49:14 AM »
I don't know that the child's mother was raped

Yet you felt comfortable writing that she was.  That sounds like a LIAR to me.
Go back and re-read, or don't. The important point - and this is one you'll dodge from, & deflect, since you'd rather rag on me than discuss/face what happened there and risk your comfy little narrative - is that many unarmed civilian women were raped in those villages on that day, and knowledge of those events - the pictures? - drove opposition to the war to a degree which makes Fonda's antics relatively inconsequential. Whether or not that child's mother was raped before the child was murdered, is kind of immaterial to the big picture, don't you think?

Read the Peers report, if you really want the evidence you asked for earlier. Or don't.

Evidence
http://law2.umkc.edu/faculty/projects/ftrials/mylai/summary_rpt.html

Offline Casull

« Reply #132 on: July 22, 2011, 10:07:04 AM »
Go back and re-read, or don't.

Talk about dodge and deflecting.  Ok, in that vein then, have you stopped beating your wife yet?
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline yellowtail3

« Reply #133 on: July 22, 2011, 10:14:27 AM »
Asking about my wife is getting kind of personal, so let's stay away from that topic. Start another thread if you'd like - but I'd rather to talk about my daughters than my wife.
---------------------------------------------------------

Offline Shu

« Reply #134 on: July 22, 2011, 10:59:17 AM »
After reading through the posts here, I have decided that the VietNam War yes I said war was 35 years ago. Those men who were called to serve, did so and 99.999% of them did so with honor.  Those men who served IMHO can decide what to call Jane, those of us who were too young can take a lesson from history. Those who were old enough but didn't serve for whatever reason should probably step back and say a big thank you for your service. I will add this to the closing my thoughts on this thing that has gotten way out of hand, Thank you guys who served for carrying the load. You got the right (and a hard earned one at that)to be angry, happy or anything else you want about it, and you should recieve no judgement from anyone on the matter.
Jane basically has no right to gripe at QVC, they chose not to do buisness with her. Cry or not it is their choice.

Offline yellowtail3

« Reply #135 on: July 22, 2011, 11:04:13 AM »

Offline Hodr

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • A Real Regular
  • Blinded by law
« Reply #136 on: July 22, 2011, 11:59:11 AM »
In an atttempt at understanding, I have found and reread The Peers report noted above by another member.  I then went to transcript of Lt. Calley trial and other areas.  My findings are;
No where is there a mention of rape.  Had there been rape it would have been a charge against defendant at the trial containing grave penalty under the UCMJ.  As it is this appears to be an attempt to hijack thread into an area emotionaly charged and away from fact.  I believe this poster is blowing as much smoke as Jane Fonda did to try to confuse an issue.
This also appears to be a second attempt to hijack thread away from subject.  Ranting on Lt Calley, who was Army personnell, as a means to establish the innocence/cupidity of Jane Fonda is misderection and seems to be intended to be an attempt to push hot buttons on others.
I request poster to show documented evidence of post, "is that many unarmed civilian women were raped in those villages on that day".  Preferably you could do this on another thread rather than continue to hijack of this one.

Hodr
TANSTAAFL

Offline Casull

« Reply #137 on: July 22, 2011, 12:12:42 PM »
I spent 5 years in SE asia from 1967-1972 in and out of country as a 'contractor'   I got no benifits to show for it.

Really?  How did your salary compare to the grunts there? 
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline yellowtail3

« Reply #138 on: July 22, 2011, 12:25:35 PM »
Attempts at understanding are laudable, and much better than painting folks as liars when facts don't jibe with ideology or prejudices.  Anyhow...
In an atttempt at understanding, I have found and reread The Peers report noted above by another member.  I then went to transcript of Lt. Calley trial and other areas.  My findings are;
No where is there a mention of rape.
Look again. Summary here: http://law2.umkc.edu/faculty/projects/ftrials/mylai/summary_rpt.html

Members of the 2d Platoon killed at least 60-70 Vietnamese men women, and children, as they swept through the northern half of My Lai (4) and through Binh Tay, a small subhamle about 400 meters north of My Lai (4).  They also committed several rapes.

From Seymour Hersch, the journalist who broke the story in November '69 and won the Pulitzer prize for reporting on My Lai: http://www2.vcdh.virginia.edu/HIUS316/mbase/docs/mylai.html

Some GIs. . . didn't hesitate to use their bayonets.  Nineteen-year-old Nguyen Thi Ngoc Tuyet watched a baby trying to open her slain mother's blouse to nurse.  A soldier shot the infant while it was struggling with the blouse, and the slashed at it with his bayonet.  Tuyet also said she saw another baby hacked to death by GIs wielding their bayonets. Le Tong, a twenty-eight-year-old rice farmer, reported seeing one woman raped after GIs killed her children . Nguyen Khoa, a thirty-seven- year-old peasant, told of a thirteen-year-old girl who was raped before being killed.  GIs then attacked Khoa's wife, tearing off her clothes. Before they could rape her, however, Khoa said, their six-year-old son, riddled with bullets, fell and saturated her with blood.  The GIs left her alone . . . .

There's a lot more, but I'd rather not post it. Perhaps is should be in another thread, but you've kind of challenged my integrity & motive, so I felt compelled to answer.

Had there been rape it would have been a charge against defendant at the trial containing grave penalty under the UCMJ.
I never wrote that Calley personally raped anyone - some of his men did. Most of the men who did the actual killing (and raping) were never charged. Here's why:
 - Initially, the army covered up events.
 - The killings took place in March of 1968;
 - Seymour Hersch broke the story in November of 1969, 20 months later.
 - General Peers' investigation was published in March of 1970.
 - On November 17 of 1970, the Army charged 14 officers with suppressing info (cover-up)
 - Calley was the only one convicted of those who were on scene
 - VERY IMPORTANT: By late 1970, most of the enlisted troops who did most of the killing were out of the service and therefore not chargeable under UCMJ.
As it is this appears to be an attempt to hijack thread into an area emotionaly charged and away from fact.

I regret that you have that impression. It is mistaken, as is your assertion that there was no raping at My Lai
I believe this poster is blowing as much smoke as Jane Fonda did to try to confuse an issue.
Not trying to confuse any issue. This is a subject I'm fairly well informed on.
I request poster to show documented evidence of post, "is that many unarmed civilian women were raped in those villages on that day".  Preferably you could do this on another thread rather than continue to hijack of this one
Start the thread.

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #139 on: July 22, 2011, 03:39:05 PM »
No where is there a mention of rape.  Had there been rape it would have been a charge against defendant at the trial containing grave penalty under the UCMJ.  As it is this appears to be an attempt to hijack thread into an area emotionaly charged and away from fact.  I believe this poster is blowing as much smoke as Jane Fonda did to try to confuse an issue.
This also appears to be a second attempt to hijack thread away from subject.  Ranting on Lt Calley, who was Army personnell, as a means to establish the innocence/cupidity of Jane Fonda is misderection and seems to be intended to be an attempt to push hot buttons on others.
I request poster to show documented evidence of post, "is that many unarmed civilian women were raped in those villages on that day".  Preferably you could do this on another thread rather than continue to hijack of this one.

Hodr

This thread has been hijacked, and made a flaming post from it's beginning..........ENOUGH!
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.