Author Topic: Scope choices?  (Read 967 times)

Offline Plainsman

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Contributor
Scope choices?
« on: December 28, 2002, 02:46:40 PM »
I've been contemplating replacing my Tasco 6-24x40mm scope on my .25-06 to a straight power for simplicity.  I was thinking of something in the 6x, 8x or 10x category.  I also ask that we stick with the 40mm objective bell size.  50's just get too HIGH for me!

I'd like some ideas on where to start looking. I would imagine it will be some time before I buy, but suspect keeping it under $250 would be mandatory!

Thanks for any hints on what to get and what to stay away from!  :)
Plainsman :)

plainsmanscabin@yahoo.com

"Aim small, miss small!"

Offline Zachary

• Trade Count: (0)
Scope choices?
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2002, 12:07:26 PM »
I don't recommend Swift scopes.  And why a fixed scope?  6x, 8x, 10x?  That's quite a difference in power.

Zachary

Offline jhm

scope choices
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2002, 04:48:08 PM »
for most of your hunting situations excluding varmiting you wont need anything larger than a 6 power so dont feel like you need to have all the bells and whistles with the big name on it to satisfy your needs, I have a few swift scopes on a few of my rifles, they are on the lower recoiling ones I just feel a little more at ease with them there dont think I would be in a big hurry to put one on a larger rifle for a once in a lifetime type hunt outwest but I have been satisfied with the job they have done for me when called on. :D   JIM

Offline acearch72

• Avid Poster
Scope choices?
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2003, 04:42:27 PM »
Read about my Swift scope experience in another thread.  

I really liked the scope, but had problems on a high recoil gun.  Bought a Ziess for the big boomer and exchanged the broken Swift for a new Swift just like it to put on a 264 Win Mag.

In summary, in my opinion, the Swift is good, depandant on what you put it on.