Author Topic: Deer hunts.  (Read 631 times)

Offline mauser98us

• Trade Count: (40)
  • 10 mm junkie and Whelan wacko
Deer hunts.
« on: July 20, 2011, 07:01:12 PM »
 Few years of non draws, I finally lucked into a permit for deer. This will be in the area just west of Show Low in the burn area of the Rodeo fire a decade back. Will be hunting with my buddy who lives in the Vernon area. We will be staying on his propert in the Pinedale area, So we can just walk off his property. Az game and fish said leftover permits were availible for deer and turkey. I imagine the economy has taken it's toll and the leftover deer permits are along the Mexican border. Too bad that used to be a good area,but with all the illegal problems down that way,you are probably taking a good risk. From confrontations with mules and coyotes  the worst to ransacking of your camp to the least dangerous, it just isn't worth it.

Offline Wyo. Coyote Hunter

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Deer hunts.
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2011, 03:47:20 PM »
 >:(  Sad situation 98...seems to me there should be other vermin we should be hunting along the boarder...good luck on the deer hunt,  :D what are you planning to use???????

Offline mauser98us

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2011, 05:26:00 PM »
Prolly my 98 mauser{what else?} in 7 mauser scoped and my Marlin long barrel in 32 special  Lyman sights for variety. Will be out for ten days so I will alternate firearms daily.

Offline Elwood

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Contributor
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2011, 05:13:28 PM »
The prolonged drought situation down here by the border has very drastically cut into the deer population. The smuggling is out of hand also. Both make for BAD hunting situations.
Elwood
Vae Victis

Offline mauser98us

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2011, 06:03:53 PM »
Too bad there is great country down that way. We used to live in Sierra Vista from 1956 to 1965. I have a friend who lives in Sonoita. Has illegals running his property day and night.