Author Topic: CVA Wolf & Thor Bullets  (Read 771 times)

Offline Buckskins & Black Powder

• Trade Count: (16)
    • Buckskins & Black Powder
CVA Wolf & Thor Bullets
« on: July 24, 2011, 06:14:40 PM »
Been a long while since i shot Thors in this rifle but im going to make sure its sighted in just in case i end up having to use it since my Optima stock isn't finished. THAT is why you always have two guns or more in the closet! If something happens to one, whether its your fault or someone elses, you have another to fall back on.

Out at 70 yards today with 90gr BH209 and the 250gr Thor. Group wasnt bad at all, very soft recoil and consistent group. I wanted to tighten it up a bit and so i went and reloaded my tubes with 100gr BH209 and shrunk them greatly!

I had a bit of trouble with aligning my optics but i figured out what i was doing wrong.

I had caught myself pushing the red front optic all the way to the bottom of the black cup in my rear sight and it shot low. Next 2 were up in the bulls eye and almost touching. On these 2 shots i noticed light under the front sight when everything was aligned. THIS is how it should be!  I loaded up again and dropped that front optic down into the cup of the rear sight. BOOM! Right next to my first shot which was low.

This was good to find out what i had been doing! I took to much time trying to perfect my aligning and in the end, it wasn't the way it should be.

90gr Blackhorn209,

100gr Blackhorn209. Lowest shot was my first shot due to sight misalignment.

And to check to see if it really was me mis-aligning the optics or not i took one more shot with the front optic settled down into the black U of the rear sight. YEP!

It also was in the low 90's today as usual and so my cool down station wasn't to far from the shooting table today.