Author Topic: Immigrant housing....is it true?  (Read 632 times)

Offline mechanic

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (32)
Molon Labe, (King Leonidas of the Spartan Army)

Offline lakota

• Trade Count: (26)
Re: Immigrant housing....is it true?
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2011, 11:23:23 AM »
I wouldnt be at all suprised to find out that it was all true.
Hi NSA! Can you see how many fingers I am holding up?

Offline powderman

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2011, 12:04:15 PM »
If thats true it's a crock. We shouldn't pay those people anything, they aren't even supposed to be here. No wonder SS is broke. How in the world can illegal criminals get $2,600 a mo in SS??? Thats over 3X what I get and I paid into it for 44 years and they have paid NOTHING. Be a great place for ins to take a hundred empty buses and fill em up. POWDERMAN.  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2011, 01:41:05 PM »
 >:(              Voters Charlie, Voters.

It wouldn't make sense to you either sending them back if you could depend on those votes going your way. ;)
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.

Offline subdjoe

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2011, 03:25:42 PM »
A bunch of semi-informed hysteria.  It wasn't "built for immigrants," much less illegal immigrants. It was originally built in the 40s, saw a boom in the 50s, declined through the 90s, was redeveloped early this century as 'mixed income housing.'

How about we stop with the leftist-style alarmist rants and assumptions and instead of automatically posting carp like this, with the cryptic "is it true?' suggesting that it is, we do about 45 seconds of research before passing things on, or making comments?

We have no verification on any of the text posted with that video.  We have no idea where the guy really was. Many of his statements are misleading.  His point about "they don't even have to mow their own lawns" is a red herring, many PUDs, especially low or mixed income PUDs have no private yards, all exteriors are common area and it makes sense to have a small groundskeeping crew to keep the place looking reasonable.  And, he presents those 4-plex or 6-plex builds as if they were single family dwellings. 

Gotta throw the bullspit flag on this one.

Come on, people, we slam the left when they put out misleading garbage like this, I thought we were better than that.
Your ob't & etc,
Joseph Lovell

Justice Robert H. Jackson - It is not the function of the government to keep the citizen from falling into error; it is the function of the citizen to keep the government from falling into error.

Offline mechanic

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2011, 03:53:10 PM »
Well, subdjoe, I still don't know if it's true or not.  Snopes does not list it.  Instead of being critical, just tell me.  I have no axe to grind here.  If I only posted things I knew to be 100% I could only post the Bible.

Ben

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2011, 03:59:07 PM »
Joe , I bet you're a barrel of fun when the old men meet at the diner for coffee and confab.
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     bugeye

Offline subdjoe

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2011, 04:21:32 PM »
Joe , I bet you're a barrel of fun when the old men meet at the diner for coffee and confab.

Oh, I can sling the stories with, well, not the best of them, but in the top quarter.  Sitting down BSing over coffee and pie is one thing and I expect BS during bull sessions. 

But, as I said, do we really want to to be at the level of the leftist alarmists and hate mongers who spew lies, distortions, and half truths as fact?  Or do we hold ourselves to a higher standard than that?  I'd like to think that if we are going to be serious about pointing out government outrages, we won't sink to the "you are 43 times more likely to be shot by someone you know" or the Palin Derangement Syndrome levels.

Just a few minutes of research blows most of the claims (I didn't bother to check all of them, got tired of listening to a right wing version of a leftist-style rant) made in this video right out of the water.

We can't afford to base our opposition to what is happening in our government and to our Republic on emotion - look at all the bad laws and programs we hate that were based on emotion rather than fact. 
Your ob't & etc,
Joseph Lovell

Justice Robert H. Jackson - It is not the function of the government to keep the citizen from falling into error; it is the function of the citizen to keep the government from falling into error.

Offline mechanic

• GBO Supporter

Offline subdjoe

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2011, 05:15:22 PM »
Thank you, Mechanic.   As those show, the project isn't quite what the video makes it out to be, is it?  Yes, there was a lot of government money in the redevelopment, and there is a lot of government subsidized housing there.  But that is NOT the same as the claim that it was "built for illegal immigrants."

I haven't been  able to track down "SSI Refugee Pay" at all.  I wonder where he got that phrase and the amount.

We MUST stick to facts, and when offering guesses or opinions make very clear that they are guesses or opinions.  Again, we can't descend to the level of the Code Pinkers and the like. 

Your ob't & etc,
Joseph Lovell