Author Topic: Tea Party Hobbits.............  (Read 3825 times)

Offline crustylicious

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
  • Reading is fundamental, comprehension optional!
Tea Party Hobbits.............
« on: July 28, 2011, 05:10:31 AM »
Are the republicans about to implode?
"(W)hat none of these critics have is an alternative strategy for achieving anything nearly as fiscally or politically beneficial as Mr. Boehner's plan. The idea seems to be that if the House GOP refuses to raise the debt ceiling, a default crisis or gradual government shutdown will ensue, and the public will turn en masse against . . . Barack Obama,"
"The Republican House that failed to raise the debt ceiling would somehow escape all blame. Then Democrats would have no choice but to pass a balanced-budget amendment and reform entitlements, and the Tea Party hobbits could return to Middle Earth having defeated Mordor,"

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43923236/ns/politics-capitol_hill/
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so sure of themselves, and the wiser people so full of doubts." Bertrand Russell
"The speaking in perpetual hyperbole is comely in nothing but love" Francis Bacon, Sr.
Voting is like driving a car- choose (D) to go forward- choose (R) to go backwards!
When all think alike, no one thinks very much. Albert Einstein

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
Re: Tea Party Hobbits.............
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2011, 05:32:22 AM »
by the democrats own admission there is enough money to pay the interest on the debt, pay the military and fund social security and medicare.
furlough the rest of them.  my wife took a big pay cut via furlough, are federal employees better that her?
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline Hooker

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2011, 02:22:50 PM »
Let the federal government default we will be better off in the long run with out it.
The best way to get rid of problems is not to make them bigger by feeding them.

Pat
" In the beginning of change, the patriot is a brave and scarce man,hated and scorned. when the cause succeeds however,the timid join him...for then it cost nothing to be a patriot. "
-Mark Twain
"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms."
-- Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, 1787. ME 6:373, Papers 12:356

Offline Mohawk

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2011, 03:27:20 PM »
Obama could raise the debt with the stroke of a pen. Why hasn't he? My guess, if and when it collapses he can blame the GOP. The President is ultimately responsible for the debt. Even ole' Bill Clinton said so........

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2011, 03:37:30 PM »
judge Napolitano addressed the imam obama power to raise the debt. he can't.
he said obama acknowledged that he didn't have the power.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline jimster

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2011, 04:50:34 PM »
Raising the debt ceiling won't help anything, you'll still have the same problem, plus a few other problems.  Greece raised theirs every time, they still crashed, anyone buying their bonds these days?  Leaving the ceiling right where it is forces government to shut down all non essential operations and lots of office jobs like right now. The only way to shrink government is to force it.  They don't shrink on their own. It's always forced, that's the nature of the beast. You have to starve it.  I am not for any "balanced approach".  Balanced approach just means "us junkies want to go to the crack house just a few more times"...that's all that is.  We all know it. 
I got 20 bucks says if they raise the debt ceiling government won't shrink, and you'll be in the same fix or worse for not starving the beast.

Offline Dee

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2011, 05:02:48 PM »
Many call the Tea Party folks "RADICAL". Well, I "AM" a Tea Party guy, as is most of my family.

IF PAYING YOUR BILLS, AND LIVING WITHIN YOUR MEANS, MAKES YOU A RADICAL. I GUESS I'M A RADICAL.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline tunnug

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2011, 06:22:41 PM »
Many call the Tea Party folks "RADICAL". Well, I "AM" a Tea Party guy, as is most of my family.

IF PAYING YOUR BILLS, AND LIVING WITHIN YOUR MEANS, MAKES YOU A RADICAL. I GUESS I'M A RADICAL.

AMEN to that, brother!!!

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2011, 03:14:10 AM »
the democrats call republicans the party of NO.  If I hadn't said no to my daughter as she grew up, she would have spent me into the poorhouse.
the dems just don't get it.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline gypsyman

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2011, 03:41:51 AM »
It'll only make things worse,if that's possible, if they do raise the debt ceiling. It's time that this govt. learned that the party is coming to a close. And when the hangover begins, it'll be one hell of a headache. gypsyman
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline magooch

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2011, 04:15:46 AM »
I'm still trying to figure out where they're going to find the fools who are willing to loan us more money.
Swingem

Offline Dee

« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2011, 06:18:44 AM »
Maybe some if the credit card companies with their 16% interest rates will load the government money.

Offline crustylicious

• A Real Regular
  • Reading is fundamental, comprehension optional!
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2011, 06:58:02 AM »
Raising the debt ceiling isn't about spending money in the future, which we need to curtail, it's about paying for past commitments. Isn't that what every honest person does?
As for loaning us money. We don't have a AAA rating for nothing. We are still 20% of the world's economy, we drive the world economy, we have one of the highest per capita incomes, and have one of the highest standards of living. What's not to like!
Things are gloomy but it's not the end of the world as many of you wish   ;)
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so sure of themselves, and the wiser people so full of doubts." Bertrand Russell
"The speaking in perpetual hyperbole is comely in nothing but love" Francis Bacon, Sr.
Voting is like driving a car- choose (D) to go forward- choose (R) to go backwards!
When all think alike, no one thinks very much. Albert Einstein

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2011, 07:05:21 AM »
Raising the debt ceiling isn't about spending money in the future, which we need to curtail, it's about paying for past commitments. Isn't that what every honest person does?
As for loaning us money. We don't have a AAA rating for nothing. We are still 20% of the world's economy, we drive the world economy, we have one of the highest per capita incomes, and have one of the highest standards of living. What's not to like!
Things are gloomy but it's not the end of the world as many of you wish   ;)

that  is what an  honest person does  you are correct

BUT

repeating the same behavior....AND expecting different results
is  what  insane /stupid  people  do
when drugs are outlawed only out laws will have drugs
DO WHAT EVER IT TAKES TO STOP A DEMOCRAT
OBAMACARE....the biggest tax hike in the  history of mankind
free choice and equality  can't co-exist
AFTER THE LIBYAN COVER-UP... remind any  democrat voters ''they sat and  watched them die''...they  told help to ''stand down''

many statements made here are fiction and are for entertainment purposes only and are in no way to be construed as a description of actual events.
no one is encouraged to do anything dangerous or break any laws.

Offline Dixie Dude

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2011, 07:08:13 AM »
It has got to stop somewhere.  If our debt gets to $20 trillion, the interest on the debt will = the revenue from taxes.  We can't afford anything but the interest, we will then default.  We have to have a ballanced budget ammendment, and cut existing spending period, or we will default in about 4-6 years at the rate we are going.  Either one of two things will happen, the government absolves and we will be like the Soviet Union and divide into 50 independent states or there will be a massive government take over of everything and we will be a communist nation.  The latter is what Obama wants, a communist nation with the government running everything.  Tea Party gets it, time to STOP NOW. 

Offline Gary G

« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2011, 08:17:50 AM »
We are the greatest debtor nation in the history of the world. There is something fishy about still having a AAA rating.

Almost everyone agrees that a balanced budget would be good. Failure to raise the debt sealing means having a balanced budget now. But wall street says that is bad. Speculators love the expansion of debt and money.

Not to raise the debt sealing will lead to a pronounced recession almost immediately and pain. Raising the debt ceiling will lead to a future depression where the pain is much worse. Probably a hyperinflationary depression.

Our biggest mistake was to not let the "too big to fail" fail and their debt liquidated and resources reallocated. We are paying the price now..... or later depending on what they do in the house of clowns.
The sole purpose of government is to protect your liberty. The Constitution is not to restrict the people, but to restrict government.  Ron Paul

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

“Everyone wants to live at the expense of the State. They forget that the State lives at the expense of everyone.” — Frederic Bastiat

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2011, 09:02:25 AM »
Well to be a world power and have a AAA rating we must borrow . So in reality we aren't anything but in debt.
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline NWBear

• A Real Regular
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2011, 09:26:33 AM »
Make no mistake Washington WILL raise the debt ceiling, and most probably WILL raise taxes.  WHY?
A) They have to, to keep operating.
B) Wall Street and Big business is the real power in Washington (money is power).
C) Everyone looks out for their own self interst - politicians re-election and expansion of Govt. power
Sorry just the way it is.

Offline Casull

« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2011, 11:32:42 AM »

Make no mistake Washington WILL raise the debt ceiling, and most probably WILL raise taxes.  WHY?
A) They have to, to keep operating.
B) Wall Street and Big business is the real power in Washington (money is power).
C) Everyone looks out for their own self interst - politicians re-election and expansion of Govt. power
Sorry just the way it is.
     Almost perfect.  But, "A" should be "They have to, to keep operating as usual".  If someone had the stones to make the tough decisions, they would NOT have to.
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline NWBear

• A Real Regular
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2011, 12:20:09 PM »
I am afraid both B) and C) will insure "as usual".  I think guts are in short supply on both sides of the aisle... :(

Offline GRIMJIM

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2011, 01:34:41 PM »
They threaten not paying social security and the military. Never once do the politicians say they won't get paid.
GBO SENIOR MEMBER "IF THAT BALL COMES IN MY YARD I'M KEEPING IT!"

NRA LIFE MEMBER

UNION STEWARD CARPENTERS LOCAL 1027

IF GOD DIDN'T WANT US TO EAT ANIMALS, WHY DID HE MAKE THEM OUT OF MEAT?

Offline Hooker

« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2011, 02:34:31 PM »

Honest people do not allow their commitments to become such a mess.
Intelligent people pay as they go and their commitments are always current.
Can you honestly say that giving more credit to a system that has a history of dishonesty and has failed it's share holders at every turn is a good idea?
How do you keep a straight face when compare what our government is trying to do to the actions of a honest person?

Pat
" In the beginning of change, the patriot is a brave and scarce man,hated and scorned. when the cause succeeds however,the timid join him...for then it cost nothing to be a patriot. "
-Mark Twain
"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms."
-- Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, 1787. ME 6:373, Papers 12:356

Offline mcwoodduck

• Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2011, 02:41:34 PM »
Tea Party Hobbit.... Someone must have been watching the Lord of the rings.
But looking at the Hobbits in the story.  They were small, they were brave and they did not give into the evil, while larger evil creatiures tried to kill them and spread the evil.  The stood up rallied an army to defeat evil and destroyed the ring.
Well then I am a Hobbit, I am going to try to raise an army to take on the evil Orks (pelosi, reid, the liberal media) and help to desrtoy the witch king (obama) and destroy the one ring ( our debt and the over spending).

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2011, 03:00:30 PM »
mcwoodduck, can I come?
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline mcwoodduck

• Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2011, 01:12:34 PM »
Sure, Grab your sword (check book and voting card) and ask two friends to come along.

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2011, 01:58:41 PM »
A balanced budget amendment has been discussed but we must give that careful thought.
since democrats control the senate, the amendment could be worded in such a way to give congress the authority to raise taxes high enough to balance the budget and that would amount to almost everything you earn.  I would rather wait for a republican senate so the wording would amount to spending cuts and freezes when necessary.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline littlecanoe

• Trade Count: (14)
« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2011, 02:13:32 PM »
Tea Party Hobbit.... Someone must have been watching the Lord of the rings.
But looking at the Hobbits in the story.  They were small, they were brave and they did not give into the evil, while larger evil creatiures tried to kill them and spread the evil.  The stood up rallied an army to defeat evil and destroyed the ring.
Well then I am a Hobbit, I am going to try to raise an army to take on the evil Orks (pelosi, reid, the liberal media) and help to desrtoy the witch king (obama) and destroy the one ring ( our debt and the over spending).

Great post.  When I read the OP my first thought was that Hobbits were considered "noble" for the points that you note!   I just don't have the flat hairy feet  ;)

lc

Offline Dee

« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2011, 04:38:19 PM »
I do! ;D

Offline Shu

« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2011, 05:07:37 PM »
But if we stop spending foolishly and balance the budget how can we continue to give money to countries that hate us. We need to fund the new improved radical muslim government in Egypt. We need to give more money to Pakistan to hide more terrorists. We need to give more money to the Lybian rebels ans al queada. What are you thinking? Have you gone crazy?

We need to spend more money meddling in foreign governments, I am sure there is one or two more we could turn against us.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2011, 02:37:47 AM »
Dee said it..many of us agree with it !;
   IF PAYING YOUR BILLS, AND LIVING WITHIN YOUR MEANS, MAKES YOU A RADICAL. I GUESS I'M A RADICAL
***************************************************************************************

Lets get the "Hobbit habit"
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)