Author Topic: Tea Party Hobbits.............  (Read 3836 times)

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
Re: Tea Party Hobbits.............
« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2011, 02:48:56 AM »
Last few years I have watched this country spiral further, and FASTER, out of control of the people than I have ever seen. In the last election I was "verbally stoned" by many on these forums, for having the audacity to support losers like Ron Paul for president, and other conservatives, such as Bob Barr on the Constitution Party after Paul lost the primary for  ::) : Lack of support. Now many of those same "stone throwers" are backing him and even sending him money, but I believe it is most likely "too little, too late".
Obama has amassed about 1 billion (that's with a B) dollars in campaign funds, and has successfully driven our economy even farther into the ravine, than Bush did. He, I believe is intentionally "playing the court jesters" in the Senate, and Congress, both Democrat & Republican, by "switch hitting" every time they get close to "ridiculous compromise", after "rediculous compromise".
Now as far as Tea Party "Hobbits" go, I have not a clue what a "hobbit" is, but I do know what a Tea Party member is, as I and many of my family are.
Our country is now "in the tank". Neither the Republican, nor the Democrat, have a clue, OR A CHANCE, of getting us out. The "lessor of two evils" have governed this country too long, and the voter has "settled for less", one too many times, and it is time to PAY UP. And PAY UP, WE WILL.
mcduck for instance lives in the brokest, most liberal state in the union, and last election, they brought that liberal idiot Brown out of moth balls, and put him back in the governors mansion. Is that not about the craziest thing you could think of, at such a time in California history? Just before California releases a bunch of prisoners they can't afford, he signs a bill to KNOWINGLY EDUCATE ILLEGALLS IN COLLEGE WITH GOVERNMENT FUNDS.
I believe we will see the "Grapes of Wrath" in reverse before it's over, with the Okies leaving California and coming here to Texas, which we cannot handle as a state. Not because we do not like Okies, because we do, but because Texas is not in as good a shape as advertised.
Like I said: Decades of the "lessor of two evils" voting, which was nothing more than "settling for less". And now? Too little, too damn late. You cannot undo in one election, what has been going on for decades. All you can do, is what we collective speaking, have done. Gridlock, where the "out of touch masses" argue with the "recently awakened".
We shall see where this goes, but I think before it's over, everyone is gonna find out how much their house is really worth, that they really don't need that second SUV, and the bass boat, was a waste of much needed money.
Now before someone with a mortgage, two financed SUVS, a financed bass boat, and a "financed net worth" in excess of $200,000.00 calls me a pessimist, an I told you so, or tells me I should step in line, let me say that I have been there, and saw the lack of wisdom in living like that, and changed it years ago. So I don't need the lecture. This is merely my opinion of the current situation, and my forcast of the future based on current events. People on welfare, don't get it. Farmers drawing Subsidies (farm welfare, which is actually a bigger program), don't want to stop getting it. And the countless other Americans with some type of "funded" business, or need And other countries which by the way vote against us in the United Nations want their checks and WILL GET THEM.
We pay over 25% of the U.N.'s budget, and 70% of Nato's budget.
We've been burning powder, and spilling blood in Iraq for nie on 20 years, Afghanistan for 10 years, and now we're settin off fireworks in Libya, with a "claim" of VICTORY in the first two mentioned. Most of Congress AND the Senate have said NO! to Obama on the Libya deal, and he just laughs at them, and shoots off another rocket.
Our government is a joke, and in chaos, gentlemen, and so is our population. Their just not in the streets yet. Close the WalMarts, stop the government checks and they'll be along shortly. The Tea Party, including myself, is a minority. The Hobbits too I guess.
Like I said. Just my opinion based on current FACTS.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2011, 03:00:22 AM »
Sure is ridiculous.. the Dems, led by the prez says..you may not get your SS check, or Medicare (not Medicaid) may run out of funds..
   Strangely, we haven't heard anything about defunding ACORN, ACLU, planned Parenthood, the National Endowment for the Arts, welfare ..or pulling funds from offshore drilling for Brasil or even defunding treadmills for shrimp.
   Then the president threatens to withold pay for our fighting men & women..while continuing to spend big money helping the Muslim brotherhood by bombing Ghadafi. Not a mention of reducing pay for congress or the whitehouse staff..to the contrary, these have all been INCREASED over the last 2 years..
  Unlike most of the costs above, Social security and medicare are at least paid into by the recipients..and NO QUESTION, our military have earned their pay.
  No surprise the Dems want to hit our military first..remember; they have a clear history of trying to disallow the votes of military during elections.
...And in other ways, the elitist/old line Republicans are no better than the Democrats..   
      Let's face it..it's not that we are not taxed enough.....  It's the spending, stupid !!!
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline magooch

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2011, 05:17:19 AM »
All the verbiage about "It's the end of the world" is nothing that hasn't been written and predicted for a long long time.  Democracies always go this way and we're crazy to think ours will be any different than others.  Yeah, I know our "democracy" isn't a pure democracy, but the common element is there.  When the people learn that they can vote themselves goodies--they do.  We just vote for those who will vote for those goodies.

So, is it too late to turn things around, or as they say, "kick the can a little further down the road"--I guess we're about to find out.
Swingem

Offline Dee

« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2011, 11:26:37 AM »
magooch, I would agree in full.

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2011, 11:52:32 AM »
it's time for a revolution.
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline yellowtail3

• Oh father of the four winds, fill my sails!
« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2011, 12:30:16 PM »
What do you suggest?

it's time for a revolution.
Who are you revolting against, and that you can't solve via ballot box? Are you looking for a revolution, or a civil war?

Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline Dee

« Reply #36 on: July 31, 2011, 12:59:24 PM »
yt3, I'm old enough to know that suggestions are like any other gossip on this scale. It doesn't really matter what I think, as the D.C. crowd doesn't care about what I think, any more than they care about what YOU think.
This debt ceiling thing is gonna happen, as the Tea Partiers are truly a minority. Their right, but their out numbered. The U.S. government to be successful economically, has to be ran like a business. Debits & Credits. Pay your bills, and don't spend more than you make. If you tax the man making the jobs, you cut jobs, because he has to pay more taxes. If you raise the debt ceiling, (and they will) you spend that much more that you can't pay back. Their completely out of touch with reality, and anyone that believes that the government can create jobs is just as out of touch. The government creates NOTHING. They take, they do not give. They "divvy" up the spoils TAKEN from the worker, keep the "lions share", and pass the rest out to loafers, and free loaders. You couldn't afford the health care plan they have for LIFE, for them and their family, nor their pension plan. It far exceeds the private sector's, and you and I pay for it. They have become the "ruling elite".
This country is "way past" the point of no return. Liberals your age have never really "EVER" went to bed hungry, and got up hungry. They have no concept of no money in the bank, and no "social services" there to bail them out. But their gonna find out both, the hard way. You may not agree now. But you will agree later, after you've had some experience in that area. Their gonna spend YOU into a third world country.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #37 on: July 31, 2011, 01:39:32 PM »
  That's about it ..Dee!  It is becoming more clear every day... the politicians other than the Tea Party are incorrigible junkies with our tax money..they can't quit spending even with some kind or 12-step program..say nothing about what we are asking them to do now...to quit "cold turkey".
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #38 on: July 31, 2011, 02:38:33 PM »
Well said DEE.
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline yellowtail3

• Oh father of the four winds, fill my sails!
« Reply #39 on: July 31, 2011, 03:39:41 PM »
Listened to an interview w/David Stockman the other day. He said the Tues deadline is an artificial one put out by treasury, that the idea we'll 'run out of money and default' was bogus... he then rattled off the top 7 or so expenses... after that, they'll have to decide what to cut.

Doesn't sound so bad to me.
Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline mcwoodduck

• Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #40 on: July 31, 2011, 05:51:47 PM »
Listened to an interview w/David Stockman the other day. He said the Tues deadline is an artificial one put out by treasury, that the idea we'll 'run out of money and default' was bogus... he then rattled off the top 7 or so expenses... after that, they'll have to decide what to cut.

Doesn't sound so bad to me.
The problem we have is a Moron who said if he does not get what he wants he will stop payments of SS, and military pay in hopes of getting the SS people to call congress with sad stories and it so far has back fired on him.
We do not have an income problem we have a spending problem and raising the credit limit on the credit card is not going to help the spending problem.  Holding up your boss and making him pay you more too is not an option if you steal so much from him where he can no longer opperate and you loose your job (over taxing and regulations are killing business nad tax incomes are reducing)  At a point where 10 to 12 % of your income goes to fund the interest on your debt (not service the debt to retire it) we are going to have problems and the whole Ponzi scheeme is going to end.

Offline nomosendero

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #41 on: July 31, 2011, 06:19:57 PM »
Many call the Tea Party folks "RADICAL". Well, I "AM" a Tea Party guy, as is most of my family.

IF PAYING YOUR BILLS, AND LIVING WITHIN YOUR MEANS, MAKES YOU A RADICAL. I GUESS I'M A RADICAL.

Put me in there too. The Tea Party to their credit have made the debate possible, Rep. & Demoncraps have been raising the limit in the past without a fuss.
You will not make peace with the Bluecoats, you are free to go.

Offline brettcar

« Reply #42 on: July 31, 2011, 08:32:03 PM »
The Quote of the Decade

“The fact that we are here today to debate raising America's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the US Government can not pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government's reckless fiscal policies. Increasing America's debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that, "the buck stops here.' Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better.”

-- Senator Barack H. Obama, March 2006
When Seconds Count--the Police are only Minutes Away

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #43 on: August 01, 2011, 01:24:27 AM »
Brettcar..
   Right..the politicians from the 2 major parties may have struck a deal..but not one that can save the country from a financial train wreck.  It shows that the old line politicians are INCAPABLE of doing what is right for the nation.
   Mmany, but certainly not all, Republicans are at least mildly interested in saving the country from bankruptcy..while the Democrats seem DRIVEN to run our rconomy..and thus the country, into oblivion.
    The ONLY ones acting like adults and trying to save the nation is THE TEA PARTY !
  This morning on Fox News,  the ABC News Washington political editor, says each major party got something they wanted (both are not the best idea for the country).  He said the big winner politically, is the TEA PARTY.  Let's hope the country lasts long enough to get enough intelligent adults elected to pull the nation out from collapse.
   Actually Soros and his puppet may be smiling behind their sleeves..if as many believe ..their whole aim is to bring the US down.. 

Offline Junior1942

• Trade Count: (1)
    • The Frugal Outdoorsman
« Reply #44 on: August 01, 2011, 02:20:40 AM »
Many call the Tea Party folks "RADICAL". Well, I "AM" a Tea Party guy, as is most of my family.

IF PAYING YOUR BILLS, AND LIVING WITHIN YOUR MEANS, MAKES YOU A RADICAL. I GUESS I'M A RADICAL.
No, wanting to kick elderly and infirm Americans out of hospitals and nursing homes makes a person a radical.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #45 on: August 01, 2011, 02:23:58 AM »
It is doubtful the Boehner plan would have retrived the country from a national collapse..any new plan they come up with surely will notdo more than slow the rapid plunge...and very little at that ! Outside the Tea Party, our selected leaders have proven themselves incapable of doing the right thing.
  The way it looks now, most (certainly not all) of the Republicans would like to at least keep America alive, while the Democrats all seem bent on spending us into final collapse.  ONLY THE TEA PARTY...is trying to do the right thing..shrink govt, cut taxes and immediately get rid of Democrat's and Republican's "sacred cows".
    Prediction this morning.. by ABC news Washington, political editor...the left and mildly right.. each got something out of this deal...but the party which will benefit most is the Tea Party..
  Let's hope the nation lasts long enough so the TP can straighten it out !

JUNIOR;
   That's just some of the  leftist thinking (or non-thinking) I'm talking about....THINK !!!
   If we don't PAY OUR BILLS AND LIVE WITHIN OUR MEANS..the aged and infirm will be kicked out anyway..and the nursing homes will be closed !    Do you understand BANKRUPT ?
     I sure wouldn't want you handling any account of mine.. ;) ;D

Offline Casull

« Reply #46 on: August 01, 2011, 03:27:28 AM »
No, wanting to kick elderly and infirm Americans out of hospitals and nursing homes makes a person a radical.

junior, then you must be speaking of obama.  He's the only one that was threatening to cut off SS and Medicare.
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #47 on: August 01, 2011, 04:18:58 AM »

Junior..here's a painful reminder..some dispute it, but anyone with logic on their side can easily see the obvious truth

Subject: Alexander Tyler, about the fall of the Athenian Republic --
As received from a reader -

About the time our original 13 states adopted their new constitution, in
1787, Alexander Tyler, a Scottish history professor at the University of
Edinburgh, had this to say about the fall of the Athenian Republic some
2000 years prior:

"A democracy is always temporary in nature; it simply cannot exist as a
permanent form of government. A democracy will continue to exist up until
the time that voters discover they can vote themselves generous gifts from
the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for
the candidates who promise the most benefits from the public treasury,
with the result that every democracy will finally collapse due to loose
fiscal policy, which is always followed by a dictatorship."
"The average age of the worlds greatest civilizations from the beginning
of history, has been about 200 years. During those 200 years, these
nations always progressed through the following sequence:
>
1. From bondage to spiritual faith;
2. From spiritual faith to great courage;
3. From courage to liberty;
4. From liberty to abundance;
5. From abundance to complacency;
6. From complacency to apathy;
7. From apathy to dependence;
8. From dependence back into bondage "
>
Professor Joseph Olson of Hamline University School of Law, St. Paul,
Minnesota, points out some interesting facts concerning the 2000
Presidential election:
>
Population of counties won by: Gore: 127 million; Bush: 143 million;
Square miles of land won by: Gore: 580,000; Bush: 2,427,000
States won by: Gore: 19 Bush: 29
Murder rate per 100,000 residents in counties won by: Gore: 13.2; Bush: 2.1

Professor Olson adds: "In aggregate, the map of the territory Bush
won was mostly the land owned by the tax-paying citizens of this great
country. Gore's territory mostly encompassed those citizens living in
government-owned tenements living off government welfare..."
>
Olson believes the United States is now somewhere between the "complacency
& apathy" phase of Professor Tyler's definition of democracy, with some 40
percent of the nation's population already having reached the
"governmental dependency" phase.

Offline magooch

« Reply #48 on: August 01, 2011, 06:17:30 AM »
Some might argue that Obama the Senator might have qualified as a Tea Partier for being against raising the debt ceiling.  My take is that Obama was anti-Bush and anything that would have caused consternation in the Bush administration is what he would be for.

It makes one wonder what an actual Tea Party person, or certified conservative do if elected to the Presidency.  Would Dr. Paul, or Michele Bachmann be as elastic in their rhetoric as the obamanation has been?  I would like to think they would stick to their convictions, but ....
Swingem

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #49 on: August 01, 2011, 07:10:05 AM »
 Why do we not hear more here about Rand Paul..he seems to be a pretty straight shooter also.  SDurely, he learned at his dad's knee.  I'm not saying he's better, but seeing somewhat the moods and whims of the voting public, he may be more palatable to more voters.. Right or wrong ?

Offline dukkillr

• Moderators
    • The Daily Limit
« Reply #50 on: August 01, 2011, 07:24:30 AM »
Why do we not hear more here about Rand Paul..he seems to be a pretty straight shooter also.  SDurely, he learned at his dad's knee.  I'm not saying he's better, but seeing somewhat the moods and whims of the voting public, he may be more palatable to more voters.. Right or wrong ?
Seems like I remember reading that Rand had some fishy medical credentials...  The kind of thing that made him look kinda shady...

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #51 on: August 01, 2011, 10:52:41 AM »
he laid out a good plan the other day.  freeze spending for 6 years and then every year cut spending by 1% and after that 6 years maybe we would see the error of our ways.
but for it to work, the libs would have to become a minority.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline mcwoodduck

« Reply #52 on: August 01, 2011, 11:15:55 AM »
he laid out a good plan the other day.  freeze spending for 6 years and then every year cut spending by 1% and after that 6 years maybe we would see the error of our ways.
but for it to work, the libs would have to become a minority.
The difference is between real cuts nad base line cuts.
His plan is real cuts if we spend 100 next yeart we spend 99.
Base line budget cuts have an 8% increase bulit in.  and if we cut 3% out of the base line the we are still spending 5% more.
When they say cuts over years they mean in the rate of growth they think they are owed and anything less than that much is a cut.  I would live to have a baseline budget cut to my pay.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #53 on: August 01, 2011, 06:01:20 PM »
Right McWooduck;
   The politicians way of figuring "cuts" is very 'suspect' to say the least and downright deceptive and crooked..when it is underestood..

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #54 on: August 02, 2011, 02:09:08 AM »
 They call not raising taxes cutting spending  ;D

As fot the tea party with all the talk about them they must be having an effect !
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #55 on: August 02, 2011, 01:49:39 PM »
Any potheads here? I need to find someone to decipher that last post.
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline mcwoodduck

« Reply #56 on: August 02, 2011, 01:53:56 PM »
Writen by a liberal who does not understand what he is writting about but trying to blame Republicans and TEA party people as best they can.

Offline dukkillr

• Moderators
    • The Daily Limit
« Reply #57 on: August 02, 2011, 02:39:09 PM »
Writen by a liberal who does not understand what he is writting about but trying to blame Republicans and TEA party people as best they can.
Please try to keep posts on the topic and not on your opinions about other posters.

Offline mcwoodduck

« Reply #58 on: August 02, 2011, 03:11:00 PM »
Please try to keep posts on the topic and not on your opinions about other posters.
Was refering to the author of the article that TM 7 Posted not TM7.  He and I will never agree, I respect his right to express his thoughts.  We are at opposite ends of the spectrum.  I think government is needed to provide a free market, from reading what TM7 writes he thinks Government is there to provide you with goods and services that are taken away from the private sector.

Offline Gary G

« Reply #59 on: August 02, 2011, 05:05:36 PM »
The free-market existed before there were governments. Since 1913, we no longer have a free market. Things are controlled from top down. Tarp, bailouts, stimulus, artificially low interest rates are all examples of central planning; which always fails because they cannot refute the laws of economics.
The sole purpose of government is to protect your liberty. The Constitution is not to restrict the people, but to restrict government.  Ron Paul

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

“Everyone wants to live at the expense of the State. They forget that the State lives at the expense of everyone.” — Frederic Bastiat