Author Topic: just more anti-obumer ammo  (Read 669 times)

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
just more anti-obumer ammo
« on: July 29, 2011, 06:30:05 AM »
please forward this to any one that supports the democratic party
i am sure it won't change anyones  mind here.....but  others  may  need this point of view
REMEMBER  THIS
he would never have been  elected  with out the help of the democratic party
i  would like to thank the GBO   member that e-mailed me this
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

When you've read to the end, come back and read this first paragraph again.

A Coil of Rage

The character of any man is defined by how he treats his mother as the years pass .... need I say more about this person below other than there is no character, no integrity but there is a ton of attitude and arrogance that defines his shallow past and hollow future ..... I rest my case..

I bought and read Obama's book, Audacity of Hope . It was difficult to read considering his attitude toward us and everything American. Let me add a phrase he use to describe his attitude toward whites. He harbors a "COIL OF RAGE". His words not mine.

THIS IS OUR PRESIDENT -- HE'S RUNNING AGAIN, YOU KNOW! Is anyone out there awake?

Everyone of voting age should read these two books by him: Don't buy them, just get them from the library.

From Dreams From My Father:

"I ceased to advertise my mother's race at the age of 12 or 13, when I began to suspect that by doing so I was ingratiating myself to whites."

From Dreams From My Father :

"I found a solace in nursing a pervasive sense of grievance and animosity against my mother's race."

"There was something about her that made me wary, a little too sure of herself, maybe and white."

"It remained necessary to prove which side you were on, to show your loyalty to the black masses, to strike out and name names."

"I never emulate white men and brown men whose fates didn't speak to my own. It was into my father's image, the black man, son of Africa , that I'd packed all the attributes I sought in myself: the attributes of Martin and Malcolm, DuBois and Mandela."

And FINALLY ............. and most scary:

From Audacity of Hope:

"I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction."

If you have never forwarded an e-mail, now is the time to do so!!! We have someone with this mentality running our GREAT nation! Keep your eye on him and don't blink.

I don't care whether you are a Democrat, a Republican, a Conservative or a liberal, be aware of the attitude and character of this sitting President.

when drugs are outlawed only out laws will have drugs
DO WHAT EVER IT TAKES TO STOP A DEMOCRAT
OBAMACARE....the biggest tax hike in the  history of mankind
free choice and equality  can't co-exist
AFTER THE LIBYAN COVER-UP... remind any  democrat voters ''they sat and  watched them die''...they  told help to ''stand down''

many statements made here are fiction and are for entertainment purposes only and are in no way to be construed as a description of actual events.
no one is encouraged to do anything dangerous or break any laws.

Offline crustylicious

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
  • Reading is fundamental, comprehension optional!
Re: just more anti-obumer ammo
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2011, 07:05:03 AM »
[/size]Anyone looking for Barack Obama’s real sentiments about  whites, blacks and Muslims won’t find them in this scurrilous collection  of falsified, doctored and context-free "quotations."[/size]
http://www.factcheck.org/2008/06/obamas-dreams-of-my-father/
FULL QUESTION
Can you  guys provide some context to this e-mail. Not sure if you have already  but thought I would pass it along. Thanks.>Misleading Obama E-mail:
"In His Own Words"The last quote tells all we need to know!   Be sure and read that one!
This guy wants to be our President and control our government. Pay close  attention to the last comment!! Below are a few lines from Obama’s  books " his words:
From Dreams of My Father: "I ceased to advertise my mother’s  race at the age of 12 or 13, when I began to suspect that by doing so I  was ingratiating myself to whites."
From Dreams of My Father : "I found a solace in nursing a  pervasive sense of grievance and animosity against my mother’s race."
From Dreams of My Father : "There was something about him that  made me wary, a little too sure of himself, maybe. And white."
From Dreams of My Father : ; "It remained necessary to prove which side  you were on, to show your loyalty to the black masses, to strike out and  name names."
From Dreams of My Father : "I never emulate white men and brown men  whose fates didn’t speak to my own. It was into my father’s image, the  black man, son of Africa, that I’d packed all the attributes I sought in  myself, the attributes of Martin and Malcolm, Dubois and Mandela."
From Audacity of Hope:   "I will stand with the Muslims should the  political winds shift in an ugly direction." FULL ANSWER
Anyone looking for Barack Obama’s real sentiments about  whites, blacks and Muslims won’t find them in this scurrilous collection  of falsified, doctored and context-free "quotations." The e-mail claims  to feature words taken from Obama’s books, "The Audacity of Hope"  (2006) and "Dreams from My Father" (1995, republished in 2004). But we  found that two of the quotes are false, and others have been manipulated  or taken out of context.
We have received many inquiries about this from readers  whose suspicions were aroused, with good reason. Aside from the fact  that the e-mail incorrectly cites the title of Obama’s book as "Dreams  of My Father," rather than "Dreams from My Father," you may have noticed  that none of the quotes in this e-mail contain page references. This  should be a sign to any reader that the author is trying to pull a fast  one, betting that you won’t take the time to read through all 806 pages  of Obama’s books to get to the facts.
False  Quotes
We’ll take these supposed Obama quotes one  at a time, starting with the ones that are simply false. The first has  Obama confessing to a "sense of grievance" and "animosity" toward  whites.>Misleading e-mail: From  Dreams of My Father : "I found a solace in nursing a pervasive  sense of grievance and animosity against my mother’s race."
Actual quote from "Dreams from My Father": Nothing  like this quote appears in Obama’s books.The Obama  campaign states that this quote does not appear in Obama’s book "Dreams from My  Father." We carefully looked through that book, as well as "The Audacity  of Hope," and found nothing similar. The popular urban legends  reference site Snopes.com comes to the same conclusion.  Snopes also notes that a similar quote does appear in an unfavorable  review of "Dreams from My Father" that was published in the March 2007 issue of The American Conservative. But the words are those of the  reviewer, Steve Sailer, not Obama.>Steve  Sailer: He inherited his father’s penetrating intelligence;  was raised mostly by his loving liberal white grandparents in  multiracial, laid-back Hawaii, where America’s normal race rules never  applied; and received a superb private school education. And yet, at  least through age 33 when he wrote Dreams from My Father, he found  solace in nursing a pervasive sense of grievance and animosity against  his mother’s race.We find that this  e-mail takes the personal opinion of a conservative author and falsely  presents it as a confession by Obama.
A second false quote has Obama saying he would "stand with the Muslims,"  words that don’t appear in his book. What he actually said is that he  would stand with American immigrants from Pakistan or Arab countries  should they be faced with something like the forced detention of  Japanese-American families in World War II:
Misleading e-mail: From Audacity of Hope: "I will  stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly  direction."
Actual quote from  "The Audacity of Hope" [pg. 261]: Of course, not all my conversations in  immigrant communities follow this easy pattern. In the wake of 9/11, my  meetings with Arab and Pakistani Americans, for example, have a more  urgent quality, for the stories of detentions and FBI questioning and  hard stares from neighbors have shaken their sense of security and  belonging. They have been reminded that the history of immigration in  this country has a dark underbelly; they need specific assurances that  their citizenship really means something, that America has learned the  right lessons from the Japanese internments during World War II, and  that I will stand with them should the political winds shift in an ugly  direction.
Obama did not say he would side with "the  Muslims," which could easily be read as meaning he would side with the  world’s Muslim population even if it meant working outside the best  interests of the United States. He said he would side with "them,"  referring back to his mention of immigrant communities and specifically  to "Arab and Pakistani Americans." Furthermore, he was speaking of an  "ugly direction" like the mass internment of Japanese Americans.
This false quote goes hand in hand with the equally false  rumor that Obama is a Muslim.
Doctored Quotes
We next turn to a quote that is manipulated  to make it sound as though Obama is saying he would "never emulate" a  white man, when he was actually describing a personal struggle to come  to terms with his own mixed-race ancestry, and the failings of blacks  and whites alike.>Misleading e-mail: From Dreams of My Father: "I never emulate white men and brown  men whose fates didn’t speak to my own. It was into my father’s image,  the black man, son of Africa, that I’d packed all the attributes I  sought in myself, the attributes of Martin and Malcolm, Dubois and  Mandela."
Actual quote from  "Dreams from My Father" [pg. 220]: Yes, I’d seen weakness in other men – Gramps and his  disappointments, Lolo and his compromise. But these men had become  object lessons for me, men I might love but never emulate, white men and  brown men whose fates didn’t speak to my own. It was into my father’s  image, the black man, son of Africa, that I’d packed all the attributes I  sought in myself, the attributes of Martin and Malcolm, DuBois and  Mandela. And if later I saw that the black men I knew – Frank or Ray or  Will or Rafiq – fell short of such lofty standards; if I had learned to  respect these men for the struggles they went through, recognizing them  as my own – my father’s voice had nevertheless remained untainted,  inspiring, rebuking, granting or withholding approval.  You do not work  hard enough, Barry. You must help in your people’s struggle. Wake up,  black man!The e-mail cuts out important words, changing the quote’s meaning. Gone  is the notion that he "might love" white or brown men. Gone also is that  Obama was speaking not of white or brown men generally, but  specifically about "these men," his white, maternal grandfather Stanley  Dunham and his Indonesian stepfather Lolo  Soetoro. The doctored quote makes it appear  as though Obama said he would never emulate any white or brown  man, based on their race.
Gone as well is Obama’s admission that his black friends  sometimes "fell short of [the] lofty standards" of black role models  like Martin Luther King and Nelson Mandela.Another doctored  quote is trimmed to make Obama sound as though he is wary of working for  a white man because of his race, when Obama actually wrote that the  "problem" of race had been raised by the man himself.>Misleading e-mail: From  Dreams of My Father: "There was something about him that made me wary, a  little too sure of himself, maybe. And white."
Actual  quote from "Dreams from My Father" [pgs. 141-142]: Now  he was trying to pull urban blacks and suburban whites together around a  plan to save manufacturing jobs in metropolitan Chicago. He needed  somebody to work with him, he said. Somebody black. …
He offered to start me off at ten thousand dollars the first year, with a two-thousand-dollar travel allowance to buy a car; the salary would go up if things worked out. After he was gone, I took the long way home, along the East River promenade, and tried to figure out what to make of the man. He was smart, I decided. He seemed committed to his work. Still, there was something about him that made me wary. A little too sure of himself, maybe. And white – he’d said himself that that was a problem.  The e-mail’s edited  quote makes it appear as if Obama is left with an unfavorable opinion of  someone based on race. The full quote shows that Obama’s mention of  Marty Kaufman’s race is made only after Kaufman raises it as a potential  problem in light of his consideration to hire Obama for a job on a  community organizing drive.
Obama took the job. "Kaufman" is actually a pseudonym. Obama told Chicago Sun-Times reporter Lynn Sweet that the man’s real name  was Gerald Kellman, who was Obama’s boss at his first job in Chicago as  a community organizer at the Calumet Community Religious Conference.  Obama worked for him for three years before going on to law school.  Kellman has  said of Obama: "One of the remarkable things is how well he listens  to people who are opposed to him."
Context, Please
Other quotes in the e-mail are offered without their full context, which  we offer here.>Misleading e-mail: From Dreams of My Father: "I ceased to  advertise my mother’s race at the age of 12 or 13, when I began to  suspect that by doing so I was ingratiating myself to whites."
Actual quote from "Dreams from My Father" [pg. xv]: When people who don’t know me well, black or  white, discover my background (and it is usually a discovery, for I  ceased to advertise my mother’s race at the age of twelve or thirteen,  when I began to suspect that by doing so I was ingratiating myself to  whites), I see the split-second adjustments they have to make, the  searching of my eyes for some telltale sign. They no longer know who I  am. Privately, they guess at my troubled heart, I suppose – the mixed  blood, the divided soul, the ghostly image of the tragic mulatto trapped  between two worlds. And if I were to explain that no, the tragedy is  not mine, or at least not mine alone, it is yours, sons and daughters of  Plymouth Rock and Ellis Island, it is yours, children of Africa, it is  the tragedy of both my wife’s six-year-old cousin and his white first  grade classmates, so that you need not guess at what troubles me, it’s  on the nightly news for all to see, and that if we could acknowledge at  least that much then the tragic cycle begins to break down…well, I  suspect that I sound incurably naive, wedded to lost hopes, like those  Communists who peddle their newspapers on the fringes of various college  towns. Or worse, I sound like I’m trying to hide from myself.On its own, the quote can be interpreted as Obama rejecting his  white heritage and, by extension, the entire white population. But, in  full context, the statement is part of Obama’s assessment of "black or  white" individuals’ first impressions of him as a person of mixed race.
And finally …
Misleading e-mail: From  Dreams of My Father : ; "It remained necessary to prove which side you  were on, to show your loyalty to the black masses, to strike out and  name names."
Actual quote from  "Dreams from My Father" [pg. 100-101]: To  avoid being mistaken for a sellout, I chose my friends carefully. The  more politically active black students. The foreign students. The  Chicanos. The Marxist professors and structural feminists and punk-rock  performance poets. We smoked cigarettes and wore leather jackets. At  night, in the dorms, we discussed necolonialism, Franz Fanon,  Eurocentrism, and patriarchy. When we ground out our cigarettes in the  hallway carpet or set our stereos so loud that the walls began to shake,  we were resisting bourgeois society’s stifling constraints. We weren’t  indifferent or careless or insecure. We were alienated.  But this  strategy alone couldn’t provide the distance I wanted, from Joyce or my  past. After all, there were thousands of so-called campus radicals, most  of them white and tenured and happily tolerated. No, it remained  necessary to prove which side you were on, to show your loyalty to the  black masses, to strike out and name names.
On its own, the quote makes Obama appear racially  militant. Whereas, in full context, the quote illustrates Obama’s  confusion over his race and cultural heritage. This is emphasized in the  preceding paragraph, where Obama describes himself as someone  compensating for insecurity in his "racial credentials."
–Emi Kolawole and Brooks Jackson
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so sure of themselves, and the wiser people so full of doubts." Bertrand Russell
"The speaking in perpetual hyperbole is comely in nothing but love" Francis Bacon, Sr.
Voting is like driving a car- choose (D) to go forward- choose (R) to go backwards!
When all think alike, no one thinks very much. Albert Einstein

Offline powderman

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2011, 07:24:31 AM »
crustacious. Wrong as usual. How can you say he didn't say the things HE SAID, in his own book?? I remember him saying he would back the muslims over Israel back before he was elected by the libbers, on ntl tv. I thought that would sink him, but the libbers, blacks, illegal criminals, and others of that ilk elected him anyway. POWDERMAN.  :o :o
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2011, 07:40:02 AM »
I judge him by his actions also.  which are pathetic.
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2011, 07:49:49 AM »
he talks of his grandmother  as a ''typical  white person''
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8gnmUyminI

and  lets  not forget   who's chuch  he chose to bring  his children  to
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hPR5jnjtLo

Oromnee  will be the same
a  republican slick willy
vote in the primaries...
.or we will little choice in the general election
when drugs are outlawed only out laws will have drugs
DO WHAT EVER IT TAKES TO STOP A DEMOCRAT
OBAMACARE....the biggest tax hike in the  history of mankind
free choice and equality  can't co-exist
AFTER THE LIBYAN COVER-UP... remind any  democrat voters ''they sat and  watched them die''...they  told help to ''stand down''

many statements made here are fiction and are for entertainment purposes only and are in no way to be construed as a description of actual events.
no one is encouraged to do anything dangerous or break any laws.

Offline NWBear

• A Real Regular
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2011, 01:03:27 PM »
I cringe when I see 1 line quotes from anyone.  Nothing is ever as simple as a line or two.  Careful editing can make anyone look like almost anything.  Plus it defeats critical thinking - in my opinion the most underutilized skill in America.  I am sorry we have devolved into 1 liners and 30 sec. sound bites.  This is the way it looks to me everywhere I turn - absolutely on ALL TV networks.  I RESPECT everyones opinion but I value a critcal argument even more not matter which side it supports.  The conservatives used to have some very thoughtful and articulate proponents, like William F Buckley and William Safire, now I tend to find more insightful prose from SOME of the liberals....  Maybe the world is shifting on its axis?????  As a lifeling Republican I am starting to agree with the Democrats on some things...

Offline Hooker

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2011, 03:20:49 PM »
You don't need quotes whether false or other wise.
His actions and his words are more than sufficient to condemn him for what he is.
Just as the actions of those who defend and support him condemn them for what they are.

Pat
" In the beginning of change, the patriot is a brave and scarce man,hated and scorned. when the cause succeeds however,the timid join him...for then it cost nothing to be a patriot. "
-Mark Twain
"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms."
-- Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, 1787. ME 6:373, Papers 12:356

Offline lakota

• Trade Count: (26)
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2011, 03:43:56 PM »
I judge him by his actions also.  which are pathetic.

+1 I dont need to read any quotes from Obama. Actions speak louder than words.
Hi NSA! Can you see how many fingers I am holding up?

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2011, 03:49:07 PM »
I cringe when I see 1 line quotes from anyone.  Nothing is ever as simple as a line or two.  Careful editing can make anyone look like almost anything.  Plus it defeats critical thinking - in my opinion the most underutilized skill in America.  I am sorry we have devolved into 1 liners and 30 sec. sound bites.  This is the way it looks to me everywhere I turn - absolutely on ALL TV networks.  I RESPECT everyones opinion but I value a critcal argument even more not matter which side it supports.  The conservatives used to have some very thoughtful and articulate proponents, like William F Buckley and William Safire, now I tend to find more insightful prose from SOME of the liberals....  Maybe the world is shifting on its axis? ??? ?  As a lifeling Republican I am starting to agree with the Democrats on some things...
>:( >:( >:( >:(
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline yellowtail3

• Oh father of the four winds, fill my sails!
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2011, 04:42:01 PM »
I cringe when I see 1 line quotes from anyone.  Nothing is ever as simple as a line or two.  Careful editing can make anyone look like almost anything.  Plus it defeats critical thinking - in my opinion the most underutilized skill in America.  I am sorry we have devolved into 1 liners and 30 sec. sound bites.  This is the way it looks to me everywhere I turn - absolutely on ALL TV networks.  I RESPECT everyones opinion but I value a critcal argument even more not matter which side it supports.  The conservatives used to have some very thoughtful and articulate proponents, like William F Buckley and William Safire, now I tend to find more insightful prose from SOME of the liberals....  Maybe the world is shifting on its axis? ??? ?  As a lifeling Republican I am starting to agree with the Democrats on some things...

Good Post, NWBear. I can identify with it just a bit...
Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline briarpatch

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2011, 05:33:39 PM »
The way I see it. If you agree with the dems, you are agreeing with the kings of 30 sec sound bites and one liners. They own the news media and are destroying this country. Yes they are true soviet communist.

Offline nomosendero

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2011, 05:36:26 PM »
Any quotes should be accurate & it context. I won't support them otherwise, but those quotes here that are the truth, well I have seen them many times, as most have. His record reveals his character, I would not have to read his worthless book anyway & I have seen too much of it.

He bringsNOTHING to the table but garbage.
You will not make peace with the Bluecoats, you are free to go.

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2011, 02:52:31 AM »
45-70 said something I agree with.  look where he took his kids to church.  unless they slept through every service, they learned to hate.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2011, 09:36:08 AM »
NW Bear:

You liked Buckley? After screwing up his face trying to look intelligent he would speak convoluted "no sense" prattle for minutes.
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.