Author Topic: The anti-American tea party  (Read 3757 times)

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
Re: The anti-American tea party
« Reply #60 on: August 06, 2011, 08:32:50 AM »
   I do believe that those who back the Tea Party, do understand that it is not a formalized party as with the Republicans or Democrats.  They are after all, more politically aware than most of those in the 2 majors, who just trail along with them..just because dad or mom did...or they themselves have never bothered to shake the gray matter enough to analyze what kind of outfit they are associated with. Tea Partiers are obviously more analytical than they !
     I believe they also are aware that there are at least 2 booming entities who call themselves Tea Party, even though they do not cooperate nor interact.

Right now, the Tea Parties are poised for substantial growth.
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline jmckenney

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #61 on: August 06, 2011, 09:54:58 AM »
  Quote:
Tea Party Patriots are keeping Obama from completing his threatened Fundamental Transformation of America.

Freedom lovers everywhere owe the Tea Party admiration and gratitude. [/t][/t]
  Quote:
...For all of his arrogance, for all of his omnipotence, Obama’s big plans for the Transformation of America have hit the brick wall of something admired worldwide: the undying passion of American patriotism. [/t][/t] http://canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/39186

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #62 on: August 06, 2011, 02:06:24 PM »
  TM says he was interested in the Tea Party more when Dr Paul was involved..

TM:
      You will now, by your own words.. have to start taking the Tea Party seriously again.  Dr Paul just yesterday held a big rally in your own home state..in East Aurora, NY.
   http://www.teapartycoalitionwny.com/?paged=2
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline SHOOTALL

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #63 on: August 08, 2011, 04:56:11 AM »
The Tea Party is what happens when citizens get involved .
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline mcwoodduck

• Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #64 on: August 08, 2011, 07:56:21 AM »
What most people don't realize is that the debt ceiling agreement did nothing to decrease our debt. All it did is slightly reduce the increase in debt growth. It's incredible that the lunatic liberals do not grasp the seriousness of continued out of control deficit increases. A balanced budget amendment is our only hope. We are absolutely heading down the same road as Greece, Italy, Portugal and Spain. Our grandkids will have to pay higher taxes just to pay the interest on the ever increasing debt.
Yeah well,,,it is illegal and unconstituional for foreign banks to hold/profit off our national debt. The solution to the debt problem is very simple..find out what banks in the FED are foreign and cut them off and out...

I liked the TP when Dr Paul was more involved,,,he seems distant from them now.  The Deal with the TP is their solutions are based on the same old models and parameters of the system that got us in trouble in the first place..the debt model economy and de-regulation,,,which is basically paying homage to elites and oligarchs. That's crap and more of the same BS....what the TP should be into is Renaissance...a new Renaissance in America of thinking and economy.

..TM7

What has gotten us into trouble is people not doing their part in the economy.  Rather than doing a littel research on companies, what they make and sell and how they work we had people like Ponzi that stole millions and we had politicians that desided they were going to put a stop to it and create a Government safety net.to protect from theft.  Once that was done more and more safety nets in the form of rules and regulations were added, creating a false sense of security, Madoff used the rules and regulations to steal Billions.  Had there not been all the rules that gave investers a no loose attitude they wuld not have been taken.  With out all the rules and regulation Enron, the housing collapse, and Bank bail out would not have been needed.    I am proof of not doing my home work on stocks.  When everyone was telling me about Cisco, I had no Idea who or what they were.  I say Sysco on the back of trucks that deliver food products to chain and cheaper restaraunts.  I used some $ I saved to invest in Sysco rather than Cisco.  I was not seeing the huge swings like everyone was saying mine was up but, I didn't understand the other guys getting excited about the swings I was seeing.  When Cisco dumped at the end of the dot com boom I was still ok.  I realized I was too stupid to play the stock market for fast money.   I learned what the stock were, how they worked, and how the process worked.  The whole idea of stocks are to invest in companies that will grow, that will produce a profit that will pay a dividend and that is what makes the stock worth more, not the rumor of some great thing to come like the penny stock that went from $.03 a share to $40.03 a a share before everyone found out the company was not getting a deal with B of A / Visa.  I sold my Sysco stock, closed the brokerage account and put what I had, about 1% more than I started with, into my IRA.  The stock market is there to grow, it is there for the life time of investing.  Your 401K and pension plans are mostly tied up into the stock markets by holding other stocks in either vertical integration with their industry (carpenters holding wood and paper stocks, tool, and nail company stocks) and or holding Blue chips (low yeild but long service and  history of profit ) then there is the splits are another one to hold over the life time of investing, companies like AT&T that everyone wants to have.  The yset a stock price of $20 a share and when the stock prioce hits $40 they split the stock.  Your one share you bought 10 years ago at $20 is not two shares at 20 and both tend to head up as people want ot hold certain stocks.  The short run guys look at roller coaster stocks.  Like Coke it has seasonal cycles.  Some people make millions a year researching stocks that shift up and down and leave some meat on the trades for the day traders.  They know that in march Coke is going to be let's say $20 a share and that arounf the 4th of july it is going to be $25.  They put in a trade order that when Coke hits $21 a share buy X shares, weh nit hits $24, sell.  And when  in September the stock falls back to  $21 they buy X again and wait for Novemeber / December when it will roll back up due to the increas in demand of the products for the holiday parties.  I understand the shorting of a stock (selling it for less than it is worth currently) going back to the coke roller coaster.  If the price is at the high of  $25.  you can make arrangement to sell X shares in the future for $22.  If in March you think the stock will be at $20 then you will arrange to sell X shares at $22 to sme one in March knowing you should be able to buy at $20 and make $2 a share.  Of course the guy buying is betting that the stock price in March is going to be higher than 22 a share.  This is where you need to do your home work.
In general if you invest in the stock market, you should do it for the long haul, not the fast buck.  The fast buck will like all get rich quick gimics, work for a couple that do thier home work, and make a broker rich with your constant chasing the fast buck in trade fees and margin calls. (buying on Margin is where you basically have a loan on the stock.  Back to coke.  At $20 a share I can buy 50 shares for $1,000.   But on Margin I can use all of my money and get 110% (for ease of math) of my purchase  so 55 Shares.  and I owe $100 if the stock goes up then when I sell I pay back the 10% I borrowed.  If it goes down.  I owe.  They are calling in the margin to keep my asset to value relation ship to 90%.  Some of your stock may have ot be sold if you do not have the $ to cover the call and that will drive the price even lower.  But if you invest with $, have a solid plan to keep stocks for a while, look at the value of the stock every 5 years and continue to invest into your stock account with products you use.  You should be fine.  If you were allowed to use even 50% of the money FICA takes from you over the lifetime of working you would not need SS and that $ is yours and can be passed on the others as wealth, creating a higher standard of living for all.
The false sense of the GOVERNMENT safety net due to NYC phone book sized rules and regulations have made it easier for people to make different security papers based on holding other security papers and selling Dirivitives of this or that.  You hear of millions being made over night.  And think there has been some kind of insider something. Heck Hillary Clinton had to be the best futures guesser in the history of future guessing or she used the rules and regulatons and then her power as 1st lady to squash the investagation into breaking the laws you hear of Martha Stewart and others.  Martha was made an example of and Hillary got away with it.  Both were wrong and both should have gone to prison and been made an example of as well as all those that helped them bend or break the system.

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #65 on: August 08, 2011, 08:51:41 AM »
The real problem is many in power thought the system was to large to fail. They must think the rest of the world would not let it fail. We gave away our economy as a bribe to other nations and became middle men. And we all know in a pinch the middle man is cut out.

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #66 on: August 08, 2011, 10:20:29 AM »
tThe Tea Party is much more American and better for America than the two old, stodgy parties. You will please note, neither Standard & Poor nor Moody's (who is poised to downgrade) said they they considered downgrading because the debt ceiling and taxes were not raised in time..neither of them called for that.  They downgraded because there were no substantial CUTSSSSSSS were done with the SPENDING...exactly what the Tea Party has been calling for ...for over 2 years !
    The Tea Party has been saying..." it's the SPENDING stupid" !!   ...Essentially, that is exactly what  Standard & Poor and Moody are saying.."It's the spending, stupid" !

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #67 on: August 08, 2011, 10:25:01 AM »
The Tea party is not a political party . It endorses canidates they feel will do a good job. They don't nominate canidates from the Tea party. They may support a democrat if he was voting for what they feel is needed. This is what strikes fear in the two parties , they are being controled by voters not the party leaders .

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #68 on: August 08, 2011, 01:55:52 PM »
The Tea party is not a political party . It endorses canidates they feel will do a good job. They don't nominate canidates from the Tea party. They may support a democrat if he was voting for what they feel is needed. This is what strikes fear in the two parties , they are being controled by voters not the party leaders .
  I believe you are really onto it !   Unlike the Republicrats they don't back someone just because of their "party affiliation"... but rather that they have the proper values, common sense and knowledge of how the US was meant to be. 

Some things the Tea Party looks for in a candidate;
 A) Fiscal conservatism
 B) Social conservatism
 C) Respect for our heritage
 D) Respect for the US constitution
 E) Respect for God
 F) Honesty
 G) Honor our troops..genuinely; not just for 'political consumption'.

If any politician holds those values dear he/she may be welcomed with the Tea Party endorsment.  Doesn't matter what party (or none) he/she may belong to..

Offline Lost Farmboy

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #69 on: August 08, 2011, 02:03:35 PM »
  I'm going to have a celebration. Grill some ribeyes for my wife and open a bottle of champagne. When Junior1942 joins the tea party movement. That would be a true sign there is hope for America.
A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.   John F. Kennedy

"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under" -Ronald Reagan

“So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause.”  Padme Amidala

Offline powderman

« Reply #70 on: August 08, 2011, 02:39:52 PM »
  I'm going to have a celebration. Grill some ribeyes for my wife and open a bottle of champagne. When Junior1942 joins the tea party movement. That would be a true sign there is hope for America.

LOST. I hate to say it my friend but you and your wife would starve to death waiting. POWDERMAN.  :D :D :D ;) ;) ;)
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline DDZ

« Reply #71 on: August 08, 2011, 03:00:41 PM »
tThe Tea Party is much more American and better for America than the two old, stodgy parties. You will please note, neither Standard & Poor nor Moody's (who is poised to downgrade) said they they considered downgrading because the debt ceiling and taxes were not raised in time..neither of them called for that.  They downgraded because there were no substantial CUTSSSSSSS were done with the SPENDING...exactly what the Tea Party has been calling for ...for over 2 years !
    The Tea Party has been saying..." it's the SPENDING stupid" !!   ...Essentially, that is exactly what  Standard & Poor and Moody are saying.."It's the spending, stupid" !

Thats right IG, and the madding part is that many can't see that. "Its the spending stupid" I like that phrase.

The TP is different then what has been digging our grave for years. They are not the same old...same old, as some believe. Tax cuts have increased revenue every time they have been tried. The problem is when revenue increases, the idiots in Washington see it as just more money to spend, and the start up of more worthless programs. So they can increase their chances of being reelected. Look what it did for Robert Byrd. The champion of pork barrel spending, and there are many more like him. Of coarse all the people that continued to vote for him were all giddy over the gobs of money he bought into WV. Its how it works right? Get more stuff for your state, and people will flock to the polls to vote for you. If he hadn't died at 92, he would still be senator, and still be spending.     
The out of control spending is like a stinking rotten disease, that won't go away, and continues to spread. Government themselves will not stop the spending, because they are incapable of stopping it. We the people have to stop it, and the TP is the best vehicle to come down the pike in years, to aid in putting a stop to the grave digging.
Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.    Wm. Penn

Offline mcwoodduck

« Reply #72 on: August 09, 2011, 05:35:30 AM »
TM7,
Anythng is only worth what people are willing and able to pay for the item.  A car is 30,000 when you buy it as soon as you drive it off the lot it is only woth 25,000 what happened to the 5,000?  Unfortunatly the day traders like the ups and downs.  And you look at the worth of a stock as to what you think the company is worth (assets + profit potential- liabilities).  If some green weenie gets made Chairman of the board of an energy company, profits are going to go down and the stock is going to be with less, if a new rule, regulation, law or tax comes out that would effect a company that too would either make the stock soar or fall.  Stocks on not just loose and gain money in days.  If you were to open an account and feed 100 a month to the account over 40 years with companies that split.  You would have a huge amount.  I understand that we are polar opposites and that no matter what you say about SS i think it is the worst thing for our country, and no matter what I say about it you will see it as the salvation of the nation.  My main point was that the stock market, no matter who is in power, not matter what happen in the short run, it is a good long tem investment.  And as long as you see it as an investment and not a get rich quick scheeme that a provledged few get to win on the backs of the doups and rubes, and you do your homework looking at the company you want to hold for years, like Warren Buffet does then you will make out.  If you think you are going to dump in 5K and make 150k like Hillary did you are mistaken and that is where the fraud comes and where the madoffs and ponzi can prey on the weak minded that think the rules and regulations the politicians enacted are there to protect them from loosing.

Offline mcwoodduck

« Reply #73 on: August 09, 2011, 05:48:33 AM »
No matter what you explain to some, no matter how many time you show the facts, not matter how you show the false hoods they have been told. Some people FEEL that it should work a different way and believe the abscure facts.  Like the Rich are not paying their fair share.  The top 5%, the RICH pay over 35% of the total taxes.  How is that NOT fair?  The top 25% pay over 75% of  total taxes.  Again how is that not fair? A better question is HOW is that FAIR?  They have heard that Corperations do not pay taxes.  In truth they pay Billions in taxes every year.  The problem is a corperation sees a tax as a cost and factors it into the price of the good.  The end user pays the tax in the form of buying the good.  Raise the tax raise the price of the good. 
The other falsehood that people like JR 42 are under is thatthe Government is like a parent.  That they want the best for you and are there to protect you from bullies and theives.  No the government are the bullies then theives that steal the milk money from the Jocks and give 1/2 to the bech warmers while taking 1/2 back in fees and fines.  Some how they think the pay they earn is the governments and they can take back what ever they want, but from the other guy who appears to have more then he does.
Oh and htey also think the Constitution does not mean what is says.  They think they can interperate it to mean what ever  they want it to say to met their goal.  The Constitution means what it says.  It was written that way to mean something.  If the founders wanted it to mean something else then they would have written it that way, or we would have an amendment.  We amended the constitution to chaenge it multiple times.  But some how "Congress shall make no law abridging ... " does not actually mean that.

Offline Dixie Dude

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #74 on: August 09, 2011, 05:55:15 AM »
If Standard and Poor are Tea Partiers, then why did liberal George Soros meet with them a few weeks ago and made billions on the downgrade.  Glen Beck was right when he was on the trail of George Soros before he got canned 6 months before his contract was out.