Author Topic: Hunting clothes made in the USA!  (Read 3759 times)

Offline Dynawide

• Trade Count: (0)
Hunting clothes made in the USA!
« on: August 03, 2011, 08:42:05 AM »
I keep looking for cold weather hunting clothes to replace my old stuff. It's old enough to have come from Cabela's and was actually made in the USA, amazing. At 62 whatever I buy should last me for the rest of my seasons. So far I have refused to buy any of the imports, which seems to be all I can find. At this point if I could find clothes made in Canada I'd buy. I don't understand why US hunters don't demand US goods. They used to be made here but pure greed sent them accrossed the waters to be made. If it's not made here, I don't need it. Anyone that has come across new US made gear, I'd like to hear about it. Thanks Wing95

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
Re: Hunting clothes made in the USA!
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2011, 09:13:42 AM »
Try Filson, most of their stuff is made in USA.  The Unions, EPA, Dept. of Labor, and OSHA make doing business in the USA impossible.
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing  1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline spruce

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2011, 01:04:01 PM »
Do a google search for Beagle Wear.  I think it's made in the U.S.

They have a nice looking line of wool hunting clothes - endorsed by the Benoits of Maine whitetail hunting fame.

Offline Anduril

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2011, 06:25:52 AM »
I am watching this thread with interest.

How about LL Bean? Eddie Bauer used to be good way back when. Do they stock any domestic items?

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2011, 07:13:25 AM »
Most of their stuff is made in China as far as I can tell.

"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2011, 11:48:29 AM »
Try buying a treestand or ground blind made in the USA. Cabela's doesn't have one !!
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.

Offline hawkins455054

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2011, 04:19:39 PM »
i use to buy from Johson, they are usa, if they ar still in business

Offline Empty Quiver

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2011, 07:54:50 PM »
Try Filson, most of their stuff is made in USA.  The Unions, EPA, Dept. of Labor, and OSHA make doing business in the USA impossible.

Filson is pretty much made here. Stormy Kromer is made here, U P Mi. I believe. Might check Day One Camo as well as King of the Mountain or something like that. If you watch labels you can find or ustacould anyway Carhart made here but that is starting to go south more and more.

In the same place myself a couple years ago and I went with Filson. Lordy it's an investment, but I haven't been disappointed. I called them on the phone and spoke with a live American before purchase and have done so a couple times since. They seem happy to talk you through sizeing and construction. My interests were in wool garments, not sure about anything in the synthetic realm. REI may be a source for modern styles but are mainly hiking camping oriented.

I have made many phone calls to these outfits and they many times made my mind up. I've ordered many things from Abelmans, and have been treated fairly, and will likely continue to order from them. Their website is fairly easy to navigate.
**Concealed Carry...Because when seconds count help is only minutes away**

Online Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2011, 04:30:58 AM »
Try buying a treestand or ground blind made in the USA. Cabela's doesn't have one !!

Sure they do. They sell Summit brand treestands and ground blinds. Dunno for sure about thse ground blinds but the treestands are made rat here in Alabama. Last time I checked we are still part of the USA.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2011, 07:55:16 AM »
That is good news Bill. I called them about two years ago and asked if any of their stands were USA made and was told All the had were Made in China.

I'm wintering in Fl again this year and will have a go at Bass Pro and see what they got.
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.

Offline mspaci

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Contributor
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2011, 09:43:55 AM »
GFred Aspbell makes wool hunting clothing.  Mike

Offline jparedes

• GBO Supporter
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2011, 10:53:36 AM »
Since August 1st, I have abstained on buying anything made in China.

If I cannot find the item I want made in the USA, then I assess if I really need it.  If I do, then maybe I can make it myself or search for an alternative source, which in all cases I have found.  As a result, I have been able to pay more towards my credit cards than before.

And about hunting clothing, this craziness about camouflage is silly,  all the dear I have taken have been while wearing plaid shirts and army type pants in khaki.

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2011, 11:18:22 AM »
I buy what works really , why support unions ? They vote democrat in most cases which vote to run industry off shore .
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline Savage .250

« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2011, 02:34:48 AM »
  USA made.  Mostly a thing of the past.   Would buy it...if I could find what I needed but for the last little while I`ve been buying outer-ware made seas.  Mostly from Cabela`s and BPS.   To this point in time everthing has been  good. No problems. 
    If union made stuff was available, I have a look see but as I`m not a union fan and it`s my money..... I buy what suites me.   

" The best part of the hunt is not the harvest but in the experience."

Online Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2011, 07:05:32 AM »
Can't verify the truthfulness of it but saw an interview with the CEO of an outfit talking about the economy and how Congress really doesn't understand they are the problem. He commented that these days there are only nine million manufacturing jobs in the US.

I guess all the rest are in service industries and sales. Now that is what's wrong with the country today.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2011, 11:53:13 AM »
I heard a report that said at the current rate of loss, they would all be gone by 2017.

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2011, 06:08:00 AM »
Stormy Kromer clothing and hats are made in the USA.  The prices are fair IMO.

http://www.stormykromer.com/mens

Offline wv1bigbuck

« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2011, 11:56:28 AM »
Day One Camouflage, I'm pretty sure about all of it is USA made and Clarkfield Outdoors.

Offline foo

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2012, 04:13:31 AM »
 Plus 1 for Day One Cammo, it's made in Clarkfield Wis USA. Customer service there is great. I really, like there Sticks & Limbs pattern.