Author Topic: Close The Loopholes, Tax The Rich!  (Read 5409 times)

Offline DDZ

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Close The Loopholes, Tax The Rich!
« Reply #90 on: August 21, 2011, 05:08:36 PM »
I just read somewhere that the US has the fattest poor people in the world. Wonder why that is?
Although there are some people in need, because they are to ashamed to join the crowd at the public trough. These people get help from their communities and churches.   
Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.    Wm. Penn

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #91 on: August 21, 2011, 05:18:07 PM »
DDZ I had a coworker from Africa that said the thing he loved about America is that even the poor people are fat.

99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline mcwoodduck

• Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #92 on: August 22, 2011, 07:02:49 AM »
TM7,
OK let me see if I understand you.
You don't want rich and especally UBER rich,  You like the middle class, but with out the Rich and the uber rich to fund companies, who is going to hire the workers?  Who is going to hire managers, who is going to sales people?  With out products, we will not have merchants (the base of the middle class). 
The larger the disposable income  people have the more they are willing to have others do things for them, creating job opertunities and small business creation.  Small business creation generates jobs. 
We do not have a permament class system in this country (well I take that back the Illegal immagrant problem insures we will have a poor class)  The poor are constantly moving up.  Poor are the people starting out in our economy (young and legal immagrants) Small business creates entry level jobs for the poor to move up into lower middle class, and up.  We have all heard of stories of people starting out with nothing and becomeing a Millionaire.    Are you in the same position as when you started out?  Did you have entry level jobs (fast food, lawn mowing, ect) and then either moved up to shift supervisor, ast manager, or get out of the industry and into something else that paid more and then move up from there?  Clearly entry level jobs are there to give you experience.  No one startes out as CEO of a company ( ok you do have a few kids that have created viable companies but they are few and far between).
At the same time you have the rich an the uber rich that move down the economic scale.  Other wise we would not have things for sale, like companies and property.

Offline mcwoodduck

« Reply #93 on: August 22, 2011, 07:50:04 AM »
TM7,
we agree that we should have progressive flat tax system.  No loopholes or tax deductions for anything, it makes for a healthier economy.  Where we disagree is in the amount of that tax.  I think 20% is too much and that your total tax burden should be under 25%.  Including all taxes fees and other ways they hide taxes between federal, state and local taxes.
Having a tax burden of 25% of GDP will promote a growing economy.  Taxes of 30% or higher stagnate an economy, and more than 40% result in a decline of an economy.  25% of GDP or less also creates upward movement of a standard of living.
Production of something is crucial for the growth of the economy and raising taxes pushes production off shore, shipping money off shore and restricting our economy. 
A growing economy provide more income to the Governemnt (be it federal, local, or state)
The problem we have is a spending one.  We have a generation of people that grew up with credit cards aand just want to differ payment for instand gratification, no matter the cost to borrow that money or how long it is going to take to pay it back if at all.

Offline Empty Quiver

« Reply #94 on: August 22, 2011, 12:39:20 PM »
Differing rates of taxation are tried every few years with differing results. What I don't see being tried is reducing the size and scope of our government and the money needed to continually grow it. When as much substantive effort is given to a reduction in spending as is given to raising / redistributing wealth I'll believe a change is afoot.

The tax laws are simply about social engineering. Somebody thinks they know better than I what to do with my earned income.
**Concealed Carry...Because when seconds count help is only minutes away**

Offline jimster

« Reply #95 on: August 22, 2011, 02:05:40 PM »
Differing rates of taxation are tried every few years with differing results. What I don't see being tried is reducing the size and scope of our government and the money needed to continually grow it. When as much substantive effort is given to a reduction in spending as is given to raising / redistributing wealth I'll believe a change is afoot.

The tax laws are simply about social engineering. Somebody thinks they know better than I what to do with my earned income.

Yep, you hit the nail on the head Empty Quiver .  Nobody on the left will ever answer this one,  the smartest and the brightest the left wing has will not address the issue of "spending more than you have"....it's always "where can I get more money and from who" Their left wing policies and tax codes have made it so over 45 percent of the people pay nothing, and a large percentage of them actually get money back they never put in, and like pathetic little beggars they point at the "wealthy" and say they all are being screwed, meanwhile the "wealthy" people are paying the whole shot already.  The one thing they won't understand is...you COULD give them access to ALL the wealth in the entire country tomorrow, every bit of it...and the left wingnuts would be back next year after squandering it all, with NOTHING to tax anymore.
Right now pointing at any wealth in this country and trying to get it/take it is not only pathetic to begin with, but almost scary knowing what the left are cabable of destroying.  First thing you always do is cut spending....nothing else should be on the table until after you do that one thing.  Cause nothing else will do you any good.   You simply can't grow government and shrink the private sector and expect some miracle of math to suddenly appear...ain't happinin. 

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #96 on: August 22, 2011, 02:22:18 PM »
In many of TMs posts he refers to rich people as "lucky".  I've also heard people talk about lucky fishermen and lucky deer hunters,  when in fact, the harder they "work" the "luckier" they get.
he envies rich people and wants some of their money.....
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline jimster

« Reply #97 on: August 22, 2011, 03:18:17 PM »
Personally I think the wealthy needs to protect their wealth as much as they can, when you have a whole bunch of people who don't pay anything looking at your pocket book to get more stuff...it's time to take off, find some way to tie your wealth up, or whatever it takes to keep it. Those people will clean you out in no time flat without so much as a thank you. I know I'm always looking at ways to keep whatever meager things I have saved up, if I were a billionare, I'd be hiding as much of it as I could and finding any way I could to keep my own wealth and transfer it down to my own family.  Sheesh...these people are like a lynch mob, they want their stuff and they want it now. 

Offline DDZ

« Reply #98 on: August 22, 2011, 05:41:45 PM »

Their left wing policies and tax codes have made it so over 45 percent of the people pay nothing, and a large percentage of them actually get money back they never put in, and like pathetic little beggars they point at the "wealthy" and say they all are being screwed, meanwhile the "wealthy" people are paying the whole shot already.  The one thing they won't understand is...you COULD give them access to ALL the wealth in the entire country tomorrow, every bit of it...and the left wingnuts would be back next year after squandering it all, with NOTHING to tax anymore.
Right now pointing at any wealth in this country and trying to get it/take it is not only pathetic to begin with, but almost scary knowing what the left are cabable of destroying. 

Great paragraph and sentence, and every bit of it is true.
Love the post above also. I personally think the wealthy need to protect their wealth as much as possible also. Instead of some of these left wingnuts trying to produce their own wealth, they prefer the easy road, and try to enforce legalized theft. Getting kind of sickening to listen to.

Was talking to a coworker today. His sister has five kids, unmarried, and pays very little or no income tax. He told me she got a $7000 return last year. Isn't it great when you can produce nothing, and take money from someone else's labor. All you need to do is vote for the politician that is saying the rich need to pay more taxes.       
Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.    Wm. Penn

Offline Dixie Dude

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #99 on: August 23, 2011, 04:35:32 AM »
Right, and the Reagan policies actually GREW the economy and made the pie BIGGER, so that all could have a bigger slice.  Reagans policies worked for 20+ years, until Clinton opened up China in 1998 and signed NAFTA, Bush continued most of Clintons policies.  Giant sucking sound like Ross Perot said. 

Offline guzzijohn

« Reply #100 on: August 23, 2011, 05:36:33 AM »
In many of TMs posts he refers to rich people as "lucky".  I've also heard people talk about lucky fishermen and lucky deer hunters,  when in fact, the harder they "work" the "luckier" they get.

I think it is some of both. Although not rich I consider myself approaching the wealthy category as I am worth over a million (ain't what it use to be). The luck part comes from not being born in the inner city with unmotivated parents or a third world country. The luck part comes from being born at the time that by college age college costs were much more affordable. I consider myself lucky that I could find employment during college and that my father was over 65 so I also received SS while in college so I had no college debt. Now with that said, I have always planned, set goals and sacrificed early on which has allowed me to have what I have now. It takes a special kid to be born as an inner city minority and be able to pull themselves out of that setting and mind set and become a very successful adult.
GuzziJohn

Offline mcwoodduck

« Reply #101 on: August 23, 2011, 07:08:56 AM »
Typical snipe..  I see you don't know much about business....Like Fishermen, deer hunters,,,businessmen also consider luck a good thing to have in your stars....goes a long way to being successful, along with work, knowledge, and skills, and good looks.....

Besides more and more wealth in the USA is born into...as in dynasty wealth..

..TM7
The only luicky people i have heard of are the winniers of lotteries and Hillary clinton that won huge in the futures market.  Her investment paid off more than any other in the history of futures markets. (the fix was in)  everyone else the luck is usually a result of design and hard work.

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #102 on: August 23, 2011, 07:15:54 AM »
Not to take up for TM but here we have whats called old money , made long ago by fathers and grandfathers . The kids and grand kids never worked for anything . Born with a silver spoon in their mouth. This is what many see and not the hard working ones.
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline mcwoodduck

« Reply #103 on: August 23, 2011, 07:34:39 AM »
Not to take up for TM but here we have whats called old money , made long ago by fathers and grandfathers . The kids and grand kids never worked for anything . Born with a silver spoon in their mouth. This is what many see and not the hard working ones.
I have met a few trust fund kids.  Most help depleat the family money,  After a few generations of I'm so smart the family money drys up as they out spend the interest the money generates.   A few go in to take the family money to higher levels. 

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #104 on: August 23, 2011, 01:19:50 PM »
The liberal parasites want to steal from me by the force of goverment, that is why I will never knowingly help out a liberal parasite. If I saw someone in a burning car and the had a liberal bumper sticker on it I would not help them.
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #105 on: August 23, 2011, 01:33:45 PM »
I always wanted to be a sniper ;D
liberals can't stand anyone who works hard and makes money and they can't stand to see anyone enjoying themselves with their own wealth.  I still haven't heard a valid justification for taking my hard earned money.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline sidewinder319

• A Real Regular
« Reply #106 on: August 23, 2011, 06:35:08 PM »
This taxing of the rich income will only apply to those reporting 250 dollars in income for the previous year. This tax will not impact the wealth already earned by anyone. This will not likely change the life style of the Jet owners Obama like to attack. It will hit small growing business men who may have made some jobs. The Big Democratic donors who support Obama such as G.E. will still not pay a dime in taxes, This will allow G.E. to continue to invest in jobs in China. ???

Offline yellowtail3

• Oh father of the four winds, fill my sails!
« Reply #107 on: August 24, 2011, 04:39:53 AM »
Ben Stein school Bill O'Liely:

“Mr. O’Reilly, sir, there is no correlation of raising taxes and unemployment. If you can show it to me, I’ll eat your shoe.”

[/url]
Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.