Author Topic: White House Sends $105 Million to Africa  (Read 1794 times)

Offline jimster

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: White House Sends $105 Million to Africa
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2011, 12:33:43 PM »
No need; any with ears to hear should get the point. Others are willfully ignorant.

What point? That our government should send money to Africa while being 14.5 trillion in debt knowing it would never get there anyway?  That's your point?  That we don't understand?   Ahhh...OK...I don't agree.  Not a big deal.  My point was send YOUR money if you think you should as opposed to mine...you don't agree.  That's OK too.  You pointed out all the reasons we should not send money in your own post.
14.5 trillion in debt means you have no money, all agree on that. Same as if you make 60 grand a year, spend 100K, and do it long enough to rack up 350k in debt...you don't have any money either.  But hey, that don't mean you should stop spending does it.  Up to you.  But now if your doing this with other people's money...whoa now...lets think about that.  That's immoral.  No decent human being would do that. No money would get there anyway...between both our broke governments those people would not get squat after all that money was sifted through by crooks. 

Yellow...they ain't spendin "money" as you wrote...they are writing out checks that ain't there...a huge difference.  They done over spent next year by 1.6 trillion already, and next year ain't even here yet...add this money to that I guess.

Offline yellowtail3

• Oh father of the four winds, fill my sails!
« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2011, 03:51:41 PM »
No need; any with ears to hear should get the point. Others are willfully ignorant.

What point?
The point I made in the post you quoted, jimster. guzzijohn rattled off various things we spend money on, and asked why we do it; I answered that it was because the things he named, have powerful patrons/interest groups to make sure the money flows (I'll add here, that starving people don't usually have such powerful enablers). Go back and read my post. Does that answer your question?

That our government should send money to Africa while being 14.5 trillion in debt knowing it would never get there anyway?  That's your point?
No, that wasn't my point.

Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline lakota

• Trade Count: (26)
« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2011, 06:40:10 AM »
I think the point here is that we dont have the 105 million so it shouldnt be spent at all.
Hi NSA! Can you see how many fingers I am holding up?

Offline powderman

« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2011, 06:46:59 AM »
I think the point here is that we dont have the 105 million so it shouldnt be spent at all.

YEP. Kinda like using your credit card to buy your neighbor a new house, knowing he will not pay you back and that it is just a short time til it will be gone. POWDERMAN.  :o :o
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline wreckhog

• Trade Count: (55)
« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2011, 10:40:02 AM »
this is his indirect way of funding his terrorist buddies.  the terrorists have said that not one penny will get to people that need it.
How do you explain the billions he has sent to Israel?
how much has imam obama sent to Israel?
Roughly $11 billion with no end in sight

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2011, 11:00:46 AM »
this is his indirect way of funding his terrorist buddies.  the terrorists have said that not one penny will get to people that need it.
How do you explain the billions he has sent to Israel?
how much has imam obama sent to Israel?
Roughly $11 billion with no end in sight
It takes a lot of money to build and maintain nuclear weapons.  and if the ragheads gang-up on Israel, they'll use'em.
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline jimster

« Reply #36 on: August 10, 2011, 11:09:12 AM »
Basically it all boils down to we don't have the money for them, or us, so it doesn't matter how bad we feel or not about not sending money. Sure you can find gobs of American people who think we should send money we don't have, but they are idiots and and don't have a clue on money things anyways.  Even a majority doesn't matter, I'm sure there are plenty of times where the majority is way wrong.  Drop your wallet with 100 bucks in it down in the city with your number and address in it, see what the majority of people do with that...nuff said on majority. 
That and the fact you could not trust government with any money is reason enough to say no, even if you feel bad about it.  Life is tough I guess, suck it up.

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #37 on: August 10, 2011, 11:25:49 AM »
actually, I'm against all foreign aid.  even Israel.   all we need to do is honor the constitution and soon your taxes will be low enough that you can go back to giving to the church and REALLY help the needy.
byw, FDR was an idiot.

Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline lakota

• Trade Count: (26)
« Reply #38 on: August 10, 2011, 11:25:56 AM »
Drop your wallet with 100 bucks in it down in the city with your number and address in it, see what the majority of people do with that...

You do that and chances are not only are you not going to get your hundo back but you are also probably going to be the victim of a burglary.
Hi NSA! Can you see how many fingers I am holding up?