Author Topic: abortion  (Read 21266 times)

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
Re: abortion
« Reply #60 on: August 15, 2011, 10:30:11 AM »
When all christians and churches look bad to ya maybe it ain't the christians or their churches  ;)  just a thought

I don't have a problem with Christians.  I actually run across one every once in awhile......but not at a church.

The problem is I expect a church to hold to the standards the Bible lays out.  I "gather together" with my wife.  We got tired of being treated poorly.
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing  1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline SHOOTALL

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #61 on: August 15, 2011, 10:36:30 AM »
I have seen both good churches and poor ones in their ways.
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #62 on: August 15, 2011, 10:39:53 AM »
well swamp, I could take you to a good one if you lived here.
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline Dixie Dude

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #63 on: August 15, 2011, 11:12:27 AM »
Billy Graham's statistics weren't from any particular denomination, just questions asked.  People who go 3 time a week to whatever chruch are pretty dedicated people, whether they are true christians or not.  Obviously they believe in what is being taught and preached there.  They also get comfort when sick or there is a death in the family.  They get to pray together, fellowship together.  Have group activities for kids and youth to keep them focused and out of trouble.  Guys can get together to hunt, fish, or golf.  Women can have their prayer groups.  I am a Bapticostal.  I have a Pentecostal background, my wife is uncomfortable in a Pentecostal church but is ok with a Baptist chruch.  So, I go with her to the most evangelical Baptist chruch we found and both feel comfortable in.  I let them know my beliefs and why in Sunday school, and if they don't want to have anything to do with me so be it, I will fellowship with those who will.  Salvation is the primary objective for Christians, teaching the truth, and speaking out against sin and evil.  I believe in degrees of sin.  Murder and Abortion top the list.  Glutony is down the list, like smoking.  Like someone said, there is no 100% church.  Some may believe in the rapture, some not, but it is not something to split over.     

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #64 on: August 15, 2011, 11:32:53 AM »
Dixie Dude, yes there are degrees of sin.  I can't quote you chapter and verse right now,  but it says that preachers and teachers will be judged more harshly than regular members.  that's good evidence for degrees.  some things are spoken of as sin, and some are abominations.
some folks here are apparently going to live forever because they have no fear of God.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline powderman

« Reply #65 on: August 15, 2011, 11:41:46 AM »
When all christians and churches look bad to ya maybe it ain't the christians or their churches  ;)  just a thought

SHOOTALL. Agreed Sir. POWDERMAN.  :o :o
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #66 on: August 15, 2011, 11:47:26 AM »
I think the key to controlling D.C. is controlling the borders. Drugs, illegals, and neir do wells, are constantly crossing the border, and causing the U.S. problems. D.C. is only about 10 square miles. With some effort, we should be able to keep them contained in D.C. thereby controlling the borders, and lowering our threat level, and edging up our overall I.Q.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #67 on: August 15, 2011, 12:00:35 PM »
well swamp, I could take you to a good one if you lived here.

I don't believe any of them follow the scripture anymore.
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline Dee

« Reply #68 on: August 15, 2011, 12:19:03 PM »
Swampy, I can remember your excitement when you were asked to become a Deacon in a Church, and then your getting sideways with them, and later quiting. While I agree that some have become "a mile wide, and an inch deep", if there were a "perfect Church", it would immediately become "imperfect" the second you or I stepped into it, and joined. Instead of downing all churches, why not admit that your doctrine and theirs didn't rhime, and you left. Because it didn't rhime doesn't mean that THEY (the Church) were necessarily wrong. It could have been YOUR doctrine.

1st John Chapter 1 verse 8 says if we claim no sin, we deceive ourselves. Lamentations Chapter 3 verse 40, says, to search ourselves, and our ways. Matthew Chapter 7 verse 5, says get the beam out of your own eye, before you get mote out of your brother's eye, and 1st Corinthians Chapter 11 verse 28, and 2nd Corinthians Chapter 13 verse 5, both say EXAMINE YOURSELVES.

CONDEMNING ALL GOD'S CHURCH GATHERINGS BASED ON "YOUR OWN OPINION" SEEMS A LITTLE RISKY TO ME. ;)

By the way. Did I mention that the thread is about ABORTION, not Churches.

Offline DDZ

« Reply #69 on: August 15, 2011, 12:46:01 PM »

I don't believe any of them follow the scripture anymore.

Pretty bold statement there.  I believe I go to a church that follows scripture, and I know of other churches that do also. Just because there are some churches that are following the way of the world doesn't mean they all do.
If a Pastor is preaching from the Bible, not adding anything, or taking anything away from it. Is he not following scripture, along with everyone sitting in the pews?

Good post Dee!     
Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.    Wm. Penn

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #70 on: August 15, 2011, 01:06:06 PM »
   Agreed Dee.. If there were a "perfect" local church..the first human being that comes into it's orbit...would defile it !
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #71 on: August 15, 2011, 02:52:31 PM »
Like my father I'll take my part among the sinners of this world and avoid the religious.  I don't expect perfection but I haven't seen a single church or religion that follows much of anything the Bible says.  They have women preachers, women teachers, women decons, the song service is nothing but rock & roll.  Those in charge are living like kings.  The politics are more than I can bear.  Those with money or family connections recieve special treatment.

The chuches preach everything but salvation.  No thanks.....

I'd strongly suggest the book "The Subtle Power of Spiritual Abuse"
My son has started seminary.  I'll have to wear a bag over my head.

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #72 on: August 15, 2011, 03:23:41 PM »
swampman, I'm adding you to my prayers.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline Dee

« Reply #73 on: August 15, 2011, 04:13:05 PM »
Like my father I'll take my part among the sinners of this world and avoid the religious.  I don't expect perfection but I haven't seen a single church or religion that follows much of anything the Bible says.  They have women preachers, women teachers, women decons, the song service is nothing but rock & roll.  Those in charge are living like kings.  The politics are more than I can bear.  Those with money or family connections recieve special treatment.

The chuches preach everything but salvation.  No thanks.....

I'd strongly suggest the book "The Subtle Power of Spiritual Abuse"
My son has started seminary.  I'll have to wear a bag over my head.

Perhaps a bag is a good idea in your case. It will take away any distraction from folks that are trying to listen to your son preach the Gospel of Christ. A son that preaches the Gospel is a Blessing. A father that shuns it, is an embarrassment to the son. How sad, Swampy. Your stealing your son's joy.

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #74 on: August 15, 2011, 04:37:19 PM »
I just hate to see him watse his life the way I did.  I'll probably never speak of it to him.  He's leaving for Iraq in a few days.

Offline Dee

« Reply #75 on: August 15, 2011, 04:57:45 PM »
I hope that God lays his mighty hand of protection on him, and get him back to continue his minstry.

Offline powderman

« Reply #76 on: August 15, 2011, 06:11:37 PM »
I hope that God lays his mighty hand of protection on him, and get him back to continue his minstry.

AMEN. POWDERMAN.  :) :)
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #77 on: August 16, 2011, 03:08:47 AM »
If you believe you are right then why not talk to your son ?

BTW hope he has a safe deployment and returns to follow his dreams.

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #78 on: August 16, 2011, 05:28:50 AM »
He'll never listen to me.  When he gets older, he'll figure out that he wasted his life on religion the same as me.  I'll just keep on serving Christ as I always have.

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #79 on: August 16, 2011, 05:38:32 AM »
S little faith.

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #80 on: August 16, 2011, 06:03:39 AM »
If you'd been where I've been, and seen what I've seen you'd have none.

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #81 on: August 16, 2011, 06:23:38 AM »
Sad

Offline powderman

« Reply #82 on: August 16, 2011, 08:03:25 AM »

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #83 on: August 16, 2011, 08:07:09 AM »
I don't what other men see but in my life when I have seen the bad things others men do to each other it helps build my faith. And as a father I have seen things that seemed to pass over my childrens heads as teenagers be a anchor in their adult life. Never underestimate your childs ablity to learn.

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #84 on: August 16, 2011, 08:25:03 AM »
Swampy belittles such a church as this;
  " Like my father I'll take my part among the sinners of this world and avoid the religious.  I don't expect perfection but I haven't seen a single church or religion that follows much of anything the Bible says.  They have women preachers, women teachers, women decons, the song service is nothing but rock & roll.  Those in charge are living like kings.  The politics are more than I can bear.  Those with money or family connections recieve special treatment.

The chuches preach everything but salvation". 
********************************************************************************************

I hear you clearly swampy..and agree with you.  I wouldn't spend 5 minutes in an organization such as you described.  Fortunately, such hypocritical groups are rare and there is no need for anyone to put up with such junk.  If you don't like such a group...and very few would..don't have anything to do with them!  Find a decent local church..most are..

I do wish the best for the successful deployment and safe return of your son..please thank him from myself..for his service.

Surely yuo expect that having brought him up, your son will be able to rund a decent, scriptural church don't you ?
 ...And if your son can do it, surely there are other decent folk's sons who were raised correctly, who can do the same...right ?
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #85 on: August 16, 2011, 09:09:38 AM »
Me (and my wife) do not believe God wants his children to be involved with a literal church at this late date.  Personally I will never make myself subject to a man (or group of men) again.  If that means I burn in hell, then so be it.  Ichabod is over the door of every literal church IMO.

To return to the subject of this thread, I believe we as Christians need to mind our own business, and quit judging those who live lives we do not approve of.

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #86 on: August 16, 2011, 09:15:25 AM »
It is not for us to judge
we are our brothers keeper
                 ?

Offline Dee

« Reply #87 on: August 16, 2011, 09:38:02 AM »
Swampy's pushin buttons, and gettin exactly what he wants. An all day conversation that will end, where it began. No where!. He's been doin it for years here guys. That's what makes him go. ;)

Offline Dixie Dude

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #88 on: August 16, 2011, 09:57:30 AM »
I kind of know what Swampy feels.  I have felt it also.  I went through a divorce in 1996.  Wife left me, left me with 7 kids to raise alone.  Pastor told me if I was a true Christian and a man of God it wouldn't have happened.  I left that chruch.  Several from that chruch came to me later and appologised.  My ex had an affair, caused me to have to file bankrupcy.  She had taken out about 10 credit cards in my name before she left and had the bills sent to a PO box.  Anyways, it was a hard time.  I went to several chruches trying to fine myself.  Met my new wife in 2004 at a singles group in a chruch.  Her ex had left her for a 26 year old and he was 48 at the time.  I could not control what my ex did, after the divorce she spent some time in prison for embezlement.  She was diagnosed by the prison psychiatrist as having a borderline personality disorder.  Anyways, there are good people in chruch.  There are people sitting on the fence.  There are those who just because that is what their parents did.  Just like the sower, some on good soil, some on hard ground, some with thorns.  Same with chruches.  You just have to sort it out.  Some churches are liberal and no longer preach the truth and salvation.  However, there are good people in good chruches.  Just have to find them.  Seek and you shall find. 

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #89 on: August 16, 2011, 11:01:43 AM »
I agree there are some good people in the churches.  It's not the people.