Author Topic: abortion  (Read 21311 times)

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
Re: abortion
« Reply #150 on: August 19, 2011, 08:35:58 AM »
I tried for 14 years to adopt in Ga.  but they wanted to put black kids with black families.
we tried to get two of them that we had as foster kids.
people want those kids but the DFCS wants to keep them in foster care. more kids  = bigger budget.
thank goodness Texas had their act together and I have a daughter.
I had a place in Fla close to land_owner but had to sell it to pay the adoption fee and there's plenty of people just like me.
liberals always ask, "do you want to take care of those unwanted kids?"  YES!!!!
Michelle Bachmann also says yes and walks the walk.

you  are a good  man
you put your  money  and  a  lot  more where  your  mouth  is

when drugs are outlawed only out laws will have drugs
DO WHAT EVER IT TAKES TO STOP A DEMOCRAT
OBAMACARE....the biggest tax hike in the  history of mankind
free choice and equality  can't co-exist
AFTER THE LIBYAN COVER-UP... remind any  democrat voters ''they sat and  watched them die''...they  told help to ''stand down''

many statements made here are fiction and are for entertainment purposes only and are in no way to be construed as a description of actual events.
no one is encouraged to do anything dangerous or break any laws.

Offline Heather

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
    • mymartialartsplus.com
« Reply #151 on: August 19, 2011, 09:55:45 AM »
"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal. That they are endowed by their CREATOR with certain inalienable rights, that among these are LIFE, Liberty, and the pursuit of happiness." I believe that the preamble of the Constitution is pretty clear on the issue of abortion. When looking at whether abortion should be legal or illegal, it should be looked as a right to life issue, and the Constitution is VERY CLEAR on the right to life. As a citizen, this is the only information I need to justify my opinion that abortion is illegal under the Constitution and Roe vs. Wade is an unconstitutional amendment and should be abolished.
Now that we have established that abortion is illegal, the next question is is it morally wrong? From a religious standpoint, "Thou shall not kill" pretty much sums that up. Some people will argue that you can't kill something that isn't living. I believe someone already quoted the book of Jeremiah. For Christians, this is the only information they need to determine that abortion is morally wrong. For those that don't take the Bible to be the final word on moral issues consider this...

The justification for abortion for most people is that the soul doesn't enter the baby until birth. Before birth the fetus is nothing more than an extension of the mother without a separate soul. My question is how we as mere humans will ever know for sure? When does the soul enter the body, at birth, at conception, 18 days after conception when the heart starts beating? I believe that mostly everyone agrees that murder is morally wrong. If we don't KNOW when the soul enters the body, then how can we as a society allow murder to continue because there is a chance that the victim doesn't have a soul yet? Let's go ahead and say that the soul doesn't enter the body until birth. Let's look at the fetus as nothing more than a vessel for a possible soul at birth. Then, abortion is killing the vessel and not allowing a soul to be 'born'. EITHER WAY IT IS PREVENTING LIFE!

I am frequently asked how I as a woman can advocate taking away a woman's right to choose. I always repeat this story my mother used to tell me when discussing abortion.  A lady goes to her OBGYN with her 10 month old baby and finds out that she is once again pregnant. The woman tells the doctor that there is no way she can have another baby with her son still so young and dependent on her. She then tells the doctor that she must have an abortion. The doctor takes the 10 month old baby from her arms and tells her not to worry.He tells her that he understands her concerns about having to raise two babies and acknowledges her right to choose as a woman.

He then offered to give her another choice, an abortion or to kill the 10 month old so that she can focus all of her attention to the new baby. He goes on to tell her that an abortion is risky for the mother where as killing the 10 month old posed no health risk to her and would be easier for everyone involved. The woman gasp in shock saying you're a doctor. You took an oath to do no harm and now you want to kill my baby. The doctor calmly replied no mam, you want to kill your baby. I simply asked you which one you wanted me to kill!

I do believe that a woman has a right to choose whether or not she has a child, but I believe that decision should be made BEFORE conception. After conception the ONLY choice is to raise the baby or give it away.
Heather
Strive for complete serenity in all aspects of life.
www.mymartialartsplus.com

A closed mind is often closed to the truth!

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and loose both...Ben Franklin

Offline 35ISIT

« Reply #152 on: August 19, 2011, 10:12:53 AM »
The child in Roe vs Wade was not aborted. The actual decision came after the baby was born. Can you imagine how that child thought about its mother knowing she wanted to abort it. The original plaintiff is now a right to life worker trying to stop abortions.
Ky State Director IHMSA
Hunter Education Instructor
6/27/2010 80X80
Life Member NRA

Offline yellowtail3

• Oh father of the four winds, fill my sails!
« Reply #153 on: August 19, 2011, 11:07:38 AM »
I tried for 14 years to adopt in Ga.  but they wanted to put black kids with black families.
people want those kids but the DFCS wants to keep them in foster care. more kids  = bigger budget.
I had a place in Fla close to land_owner but had to sell it to pay the adoption fee and there's plenty of people just like me.

Good on you, Brother Bugeye - I'm proud of you. BZ.
Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #154 on: August 19, 2011, 11:14:41 AM »
when was it said he wasn't ?

You said we have a choice.  That makes us God.
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing  1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #155 on: August 19, 2011, 11:15:12 AM »
Heather, excellent post.  that was better said than most.

45-70.gov,  my wife and I have been paid back 1 trillion times.  for people who do it, they don't realize the blessing until they hold that baby for the first time.
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #156 on: August 19, 2011, 11:17:24 AM »
bug eye  will do more to stop abortions  than  any religious  or poitical rant

one who  leads by example...........
AFTER THE LIBYAN COVER-UP... remind any  democrat voters ''they sat and  watched them die''...they  told help to ''stand down''

many statements made here are fiction and are for entertainment purposes only and are in no way to be construed as a description of actual events.

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #157 on: August 19, 2011, 11:25:45 AM »
45-70.gov,  don't call me a saint.  when we flew to abiline to get her I still wasn't sure this was what I wanted to do.  I wasn't really crazy about kids, I was doing it for my wife.  but then, they came in carrying the most beautiful creature I'd ever seen.  love at first sight?  YEP!!!!!
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #158 on: August 19, 2011, 11:29:25 AM »
45-70.gov,  don't call me a saint.  when we flew to abiline to get her I still wasn't sure this was what I wanted to do.  I wasn't really crazy about kids, I was doing it for my wife.  but then, they came in carrying the most beautiful creature I'd ever seen.  love at first sight?  YEP!!!!!

i  didn't call you  a saint
i  know you have a repudation to protect

there  are a few i am sure that will call you that....your wife might even be one of them

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #159 on: August 19, 2011, 11:39:56 AM »
yes, my wife is a saint!  she puts up with me and my rants.
more people would adopt if they saw the results of it.  when we went to my MIL and went to church with her, two of my wifes friends from highschool saw our baby and now one has adopted a baby girl and the other adopted two.     If I wasn't so old and decrepit, I'd do it all over again.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #160 on: August 19, 2011, 11:58:03 AM »
  Excellent post Heather...you explained it very well !

Some other considerations, when the abortion apologists claim a woman should be able to do what she wants with "her body".
     Her body...really?  That baby most often, has a different blood type and DNA...ever see anyone with two different blood types and DNA patterns within their OWN body ?
   People have been convicted of capital crimes with their fingerprints alone.  Tha baby has it's own, unique fingerprints at 14 weeks of gestation.
  About 50% of the time the baby is a boy..is the 'woman' then not a woman, but an hermaphrodite ?

Here are a few more interesting facts;  http://prolifeaction.org/faq/unborn.php

Again;  excellent explanation, Heather !
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline DDZ

« Reply #161 on: August 19, 2011, 12:44:22 PM »
Your  post is spot on Heather, especially the story.  I think when the baby is still in the womb, its like out of sight, out of mind. Can't see it, and don't know it.  Which gives people an easier decision to kill it for convenience. The fact is the baby in the mothers womb is no different than the baby she holds in her arms. Its no different than you, I, or anyone else. Its a human being that just hasn't had the chance to be born yet.
Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.    Wm. Penn

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #162 on: August 19, 2011, 12:56:58 PM »
IG/ thanks for the website.  maybe that'll make some people stop and think.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline powderman

« Reply #163 on: August 19, 2011, 03:46:28 PM »
HEATHER. Excellent post.  ;D ;D
351. I can't imagine going through life knowing that my mother wanted me dead and even went to court to do it. POWDERMAN.  :o :o
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Out West
« Reply #164 on: August 19, 2011, 05:43:36 PM »
If they ask you for your advise, show them the correct course. Let them abort if they so choose. That is a choice "they" make at their own peril. I am no accomplice to their final decision.
Avery Hayden Wallace
Obama Administration: A corrupt criminal enterprise of bold face liars.
The States formed the Union. The Union did not form the States. States Rights!
GET US OUT OF THE UN. NO ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT!
S.A.S.S/NRA Life Member/2nd Amendment Foundation
CCRKBA/Gun Owners of America
California Rifle & Pistol Association
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #165 on: August 19, 2011, 07:05:00 PM »
I myself will never convict someone who kills an abortion doctor no matter what the evidence if on the jury. And if questioned during the picking of the jurors will lie to try to get on the jury to vote not guilty.
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #166 on: August 20, 2011, 02:49:56 AM »
That would make you an accessory to murder.
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline yellowtail3

• Oh father of the four winds, fill my sails!
« Reply #167 on: August 20, 2011, 03:05:42 AM »
I myself will never convict someone who kills an abortion doctor no matter what the evidence if on the jury. And if questioned during the picking of the jurors will ie to try to get on the jury to vote not guilty.

That goes against the idea of a fair trial and rule of law, doesn't it?

I'm wondering how many others' murder you would excuse.
Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #168 on: August 20, 2011, 04:15:22 AM »
I myself will never convict someone who kills an abortion doctor no matter what the evidence if on the jury. And if questioned during the picking of the jurors will ie to try to get on the jury to vote not guilty.

That goes against the idea of a fair trial and rule of law, doesn't it?

I'm wondering how many others' murder you would excuse.

Not murder, self defense.
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #169 on: August 22, 2011, 05:26:04 AM »
when was it said he wasn't ?

You said we have a choice.  That makes us God.
No not at all , just human with a choice between good ( God's way ) and evil .
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #170 on: August 22, 2011, 01:07:05 PM »
That would make you an accessory to murder.
    Not quite, Swampy;
  There are millions who are accessories to the murder of the little, pre-born boys & girls.  They are the millions who allow the wholesale slaughter to go on without a protest..    Rather like Germany of the 1930s and early 40s !

If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #171 on: August 22, 2011, 04:11:48 PM »
Until they breath "the breath of life,", they aren't alive.  But even if they were they would go to the place where the elect go until heaven is created.

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Out West
« Reply #172 on: August 22, 2011, 04:15:44 PM »
The fetus receives oxygenated blood from the mother. So they are alive according to your own definition.

Avery Hayden Wallace
Obama Administration: A corrupt criminal enterprise of bold face liars.
The States formed the Union. The Union did not form the States. States Rights!
GET US OUT OF THE UN. NO ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT!
S.A.S.S/NRA Life Member/2nd Amendment Foundation
CCRKBA/Gun Owners of America
California Rifle & Pistol Association
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
« Reply #173 on: August 22, 2011, 04:44:13 PM »
liberals always ask, "do you want to take care of those unwanted kids?"  YES!!!!
Michelle Bachmann also says yes and walks the walk.

Good on you Bugeye, my girlfriend also adopted her 3 kids out of Texas. She lives in Maine and flew down for each one of them. She also had to pay big bucks to adopt but it's worth every penny. Adoption is a great thing. I have a half sister that I didn't meet until I was almost 30. My mother gave her up for adoption when she was 19 and kept it a secret. A great couple adopted my sister so everybody wins in that situation.
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

---- William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons, November 18, 1783

Offline DDZ

« Reply #174 on: August 22, 2011, 04:47:18 PM »
Until they breath "the breath of life,", they aren't alive. 

So you believe a baby is dead until it is born?
Just curious Swampy, do you view abortion as the murder of an unborn child. Just a yes or no will be fine. 
Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.    Wm. Penn

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #175 on: August 23, 2011, 02:36:08 AM »
Until they breath "the breath of life,", they aren't alive. 

So you believe a baby is dead until it is born?
Just curious Swampy, do you view abortion as the murder of an unborn child. Just a yes or no will be fine.
[/qu
 The mother breaths for them . They are life not a battery on a charger .
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #176 on: August 23, 2011, 02:39:16 AM »
DoubleBass,  good for your sister.  it is very expensive.  $9000 back in 1990 and I think it's around $25000 now  but worth every penny.

I'm sure God has a special place for people who kill babies and it's probably not a fun place.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #177 on: August 23, 2011, 04:58:30 AM »

No....at least not Biblically.

Offline powderman

« Reply #178 on: August 23, 2011, 05:10:07 AM »

No....at least not Biblically.

Then you must not have a real Bible, or you have spent too much time with the dnc folks. What a statement for a professed Christian to make. Sad. POWDERMAN.  :( :( :( :( :( :(
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #179 on: August 23, 2011, 06:29:56 AM »
Christians and religious people rarely agree.  That because religious people only know what the church tells them that the Bible says.  They have that religious spirit, rather than the Holy Spirit.