Author Topic: abortion  (Read 21330 times)

Offline SHOOTALL

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: abortion
« Reply #180 on: August 23, 2011, 06:34:01 AM »
To make a statement like that one must assume they know what is in the heart of the believer . That would be judging .
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #181 on: August 23, 2011, 06:47:07 AM »
Basing my comments on 50 years of experience with religious people.....If it walks like a duck, etc...

If we'd all attend to our own affairs instead of sticking our nose where it doesn't belong, the world would be a better place.  Religious just folks can't do that.
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing  1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline dukkillr

• Moderators
    • The Daily Limit
« Reply #182 on: August 23, 2011, 06:53:25 AM »
If we'd all attend to our own affairs instead of sticking our nose where it doesn't belong, the world would be a better place.  Religious just folks can't do that.
So true.

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #183 on: August 23, 2011, 07:11:06 AM »
Some can others can't . The ones who can't have never bothered me much , guess some let others bother them.
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline guzzijohn

« Reply #184 on: August 23, 2011, 07:21:23 AM »
Quote from Swampman:

The above is the cause for many wars throughout history, regardless of which religion.
GuzziJohn

Offline powderman

« Reply #185 on: August 23, 2011, 07:27:55 AM »
Several folks here posted what God told Jeremiah. Doesn't take a Church to tell me what it means, or a lawyer either. POWDERMAN.  :( :(
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #186 on: August 23, 2011, 08:11:57 AM »
Good scripture, but it's off topic and has nothing to do with what we are discussing.

That scripture is about election and predestination.
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline DDZ

« Reply #187 on: August 23, 2011, 11:30:09 AM »
Basing my comments on 50 years of experience with religious people.....If it walks like a duck, etc...

So as Christians we should just shut our mouths and close our eyes as we continue the slaughter of our unborn? Its not only against the Constitution, its goes against what God wants. On top of that its funded by tax dollars.

We all enjoy our right to life, Liberty and the pursuit of happiness. So lets just shut up about it since abortion only kills the innocent that can't speak, and can't be seen. Just sweep it under the carpet and shut up right? Non of our business, that as a society we are killing human beings before they are born. What does that say about a free republic? All you guys want your freedom right? Well, how in the hell can you condone killing innocent, supposedly free human beings. I guess as long as you have your freedom, to hell with the unborns freedom right? Just open your mouth when it has to do with your freedom right?

Swampy you of all people who profess to be a Christian. How can you say its non of your business. Do you really think that Jesus would say Oh, its non of my business, and look the other way? By the way if you didn't know, Christianity Is not a religion, its a relationship with Jesus Christ.   
Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.    Wm. Penn

Offline powderman

« Reply #188 on: August 23, 2011, 11:45:53 AM »
DDZ. Great post Sir. POWDERMAN.  ;D ;D
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #189 on: August 23, 2011, 12:08:52 PM »
Do you really think that Jesus would say Oh, its non of my business, and look the other way?
Yes...
Isaiah 53:7 "He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth."
Romans 8:36 "As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter."

By the way if you didn't know, Christianity Is not a religion, its a relationship with Jesus Christ.
That's the point I've been making.  Religious people (church goers) won't mind their own business, but a Christian will.

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #190 on: August 23, 2011, 12:12:39 PM »
swampman, If Jesus had fought back, he wouldn't have been the perfect sacrifice.  it was Gods plan for the final covenant.
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #191 on: August 23, 2011, 12:46:31 PM »
The most religious people on the face of the earth.......John 8:3

Jesus' problems were always with religion.  He stayed out of politics.  He is our perfect example...follow him.

Offline DDZ

« Reply #192 on: August 23, 2011, 01:00:29 PM »
Do you really think that Jesus would say Oh, its non of my business, and look the other way?
Yes...
Isaiah 53:7 "He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth."
Romans 8:36 "As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter."

By the way if you didn't know, Christianity Is not a religion, its a relationship with Jesus Christ.
That's the point I've been making.  Religious people (church goers) won't mind their own business, but a Christian will.

None of the verses has to do with killing unborn children, which are each a gift from God.  Isaiah is talking about the silent suffering that Christ endured, and Paul is speaking of the kind of suffering which the Christian endures, because he is a child of God. Just as true Israel suffered, likewise the Christian today must expect to suffer. Not that I'm a Bible scholar, but a work in progress, Neither of these two verses have anything at all to do with turning your back on the killing of God's children. By reading the Bible you get to know God's character, not by picking out a couple of verses and trying to decipher what they mean.     

So its just religious people that go to church, not Christians. Ok got-ya.
You can turn your back on the holocaust if you want Swampy, its your choice, and I'll put you on my prayer list. 
Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.    Wm. Penn

Offline powderman

« Reply #193 on: August 23, 2011, 01:38:49 PM »
DDZ. Another good one. POWDERMAN.  ;D ;D

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #194 on: August 23, 2011, 01:52:38 PM »
I still believe the best way to handle this would be for jurors to give a jury pardon to anyone who defends an innocent baby's life.
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #195 on: August 23, 2011, 02:12:59 PM »
Nothing can happen unless it's God's will.
There's no such thing as unborn children.  It's a moot point.

Christians mind their own business.  Religious people can't do that.

Offline powderman

« Reply #196 on: August 23, 2011, 03:37:24 PM »
One thing I pray for daily is that God will help me to better understand his word, the Holy Bible. Others might well benefit in that too. POWDERMAN.  :o :o

Offline Dixie Dude

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #197 on: August 23, 2011, 03:38:02 PM »
What about being the salt of the earth? 

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #198 on: August 23, 2011, 03:59:48 PM »
God helps me better understand his word everyday.  For that I'm thankful.

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
« Reply #199 on: August 23, 2011, 06:11:27 PM »
DoubleBass,  good for your sister.  it is very expensive.  $9000 back in 1990 and I think it's around $25000 now  but worth every penny.

I'm sure God has a special place for people who kill babies and it's probably not a fun place.

Sounds about right, I think my girlfriend spent around 75K for 3 children. She's a barber and had to cut lots of hair to afford them but she wouldn't have it any other way. I have a lot of respect for people who adopt.
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

---- William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons, November 18, 1783

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Out West
« Reply #200 on: August 23, 2011, 06:15:23 PM »
Christians mind their own business.  Religious people can't do that.

This is an excellent example of a very poorly thought out statement & poorly thought through position.

Avery Hayden Wallace
Obama Administration: A corrupt criminal enterprise of bold face liars.
The States formed the Union. The Union did not form the States. States Rights!
GET US OUT OF THE UN. NO ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT!
S.A.S.S/NRA Life Member/2nd Amendment Foundation
CCRKBA/Gun Owners of America
California Rifle & Pistol Association
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #201 on: August 24, 2011, 02:34:38 AM »
I can't help it if you have poor comprehension skills.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #202 on: August 24, 2011, 04:52:03 AM »
  Swampy seems to think real Christians should allow the abortion holocaust to continue unabated. He seems to think there is some kind of "karma" which makes some simply 'fated' to die young....hmmmm ?  Sounds more Hindu than Christian.. ;)   :D
   So Swampy you seem to be on an arrogant 'superiority trip'..figuring the Christians on this forum are all wrong ..and only you are correct...  now, that sounds downright cultish !

In any case, here's verses from the Bible, of which you seem to claim special knowledge of:

Open your mouth for the speechless,
In the cause of all who are appointed to die
Open your mouth, judge righteously,
And plead the cause of the poor and needy.

Proverbs 31:8-9

Swampy; ..Would you supply a brief  commentary on those verses please ? 

BTW: They come from Proverbs 31..the "Godly woman" chapter..
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Then DUKKILLR quotes Swampy and pronounces himself agreed:
     "
  Quote from: Swampman on Yesterday at 11:47:07 AM

"If we'd all attend to our own affairs instead of sticking our nose where it doesn't belong, the world would be a better place.  Religious just folks can't do that".

Dukkillr replies;...  "So true"
********************************************************************************
   All I can add to that is...  Thank goodness LAWYERS never butt into other folks' business !  Thank goodness LAWYERS always restrict their activities to their own affairs..never butting in and disturbing other people !   ;)   ;D
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Out West
« Reply #203 on: August 24, 2011, 05:23:18 AM »
I can't help it if you have poor comprehension skills.

No issues with comprehension. Your statement is crystal clear in that its totaly misguided and I fully understand just how poorly it posistions you in the eye's of many.
Avery Hayden Wallace
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3

Offline Shu

« Reply #204 on: August 24, 2011, 06:29:08 AM »
So let me get this straight everything that happens is becuase God himself cuases it to happen.
So I cannot truly love God unless He decides it's ok. That would make mankind robotic at best.
So when I sin it is not my fault but God's. I like that. I am not responsible. So if we follow this train when I sin actually God caused me to. Therefore He sinned and broke scripture I did not.
Therefore I do not need a savior He does.
 What about the scripture that says when we are tempted we should be thankful that we are worthy of being tested but let no  man say God is tempting me with sin becuase God cannot sin.
So a "true christian" can rape, steal, murder, commit adultry, or anything else becuase it is Gods will they do this. Could I be the only one who sees anything wrong with this?
This is why we need to have fellowship of the brethren, just as Paul corrected Peter sometimes we need that also. I kind of like the scripture that says a fool would rather recieve 100 lashes than sound instruction.

Offline Dixie Dude

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #205 on: August 24, 2011, 06:40:26 AM »
There are two sides to this coin. 

From God's side, He is beyond time, He knows the begining and the end.  He knows what will happen and what will not.  This is what Swampy is seeing, not reading the WHOLE Bible. 

On our side, we are to REPENT and ACCEPT Jesus as our Savior.  We are to WITNESS the Good News of Jesus to the world.  We are to be the SALT of the earth.  Salt before refigeration, was used to perserve meat and other foods.  Without it the food would spoil and get rotton to be thrown out.  So, what does it mean to be salt?  We must "work to show ourselves approved" and be a good workman.  Works doesn't save us, but we are to work, do good, and teach and preach rightousness.  This means being against killing, which abortion is one means of killing. 

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Out West
« Reply #206 on: August 24, 2011, 06:50:34 AM »
Now we know just how rediculous this entire concept of Gods "control" and "will" over every thing really is. He gave us a brain and he expects us to use it. Seems like some may be getting there drinking water from a contaminated well or something.
Avery Hayden Wallace
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #207 on: August 24, 2011, 07:02:22 AM »
‘All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing’

that's a quote from somebody
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #208 on: August 24, 2011, 07:10:05 AM »
Guys;
  I wan to make something clear.  When I placed this post:
  Then DUKKILLR quotes Swampy and pronounces himself agreed:
     "

Quote from: Swampman on Yesterday at 11:47:07 AM

>"If we'd all attend to our own affairs instead of sticking our nose where it doesn't belong, the world would be a better place.  Religious just folks can't do that".

Dukkillr replies;...  "So true"
********************************************************************************
   All I can add to that is...  Thank goodness LAWYERS never butt into other folks' business !  Thank goodness LAWYERS always restrict their activities to their own affairs..never butting in and disturbing other people ! 

At this juncture , I was speaking of lawyers in a general sense..no slight on DUK. I have no knowledge of his practice or a specialty, if he has one, and I assume him to be an ethical and decent lawyer....just as unless I were to find otherwise, every hunter/shooter is as far as I am concerned, and ethical hunter/shooter.
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #209 on: August 24, 2011, 07:10:23 AM »
I didn't write the Bible, I just reported it's position.  It's pretty clear your positions are based on opinions and not facts.  Free will is a very very modern American concept, that just isn't Biblical.