Author Topic: abortion  (Read 21361 times)

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
Re: abortion
« Reply #270 on: August 30, 2011, 07:22:05 AM »
My experiences weren't negative, they were very positive.  They were God's way of telling me to leave and I'm glad for them.
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing  1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline Dixie Dude

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #271 on: August 30, 2011, 07:33:35 AM »
I'm not trying to be in judgement of Swampy.  I just know where he is coming from.  Churches that overemphise one thing are not balanced and quickly die or become lathargic or aphathetic.  I've seen a chruch split over whether there was going to be a pre-trib or post-trib rapture.  This is one of those things that can be studied, and there are differing opinions, but not enough to split a church since this is all "future" anyways.  Just be prepaired for either way it happens.

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Out West
« Reply #272 on: August 30, 2011, 07:56:46 AM »
Abortion isn't murder.  I doubt it's a moral practice, but the Bible doesn't address it.

It’s not murder under our laws but that does not mean it’s not the taking of a life. The Bible does not address abortion likely because there was no known practice of abortion back then. So the question really becomes, what would He want us to do about this moral question? I hardly think He would agree with you on abortion or your definition of life, since all life comes from God and that includes a fetus.
Avery Hayden Wallace
Obama Administration: A corrupt criminal enterprise of bold face liars.
The States formed the Union. The Union did not form the States. States Rights!
GET US OUT OF THE UN. NO ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT!
S.A.S.S/NRA Life Member/2nd Amendment Foundation
CCRKBA/Gun Owners of America
California Rifle & Pistol Association
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #273 on: August 30, 2011, 08:15:40 AM »
It isn't taking a life.
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline SHOOTALL

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #274 on: August 30, 2011, 09:24:40 AM »
This is really sad .
As for your path in life , if you wish to justify your faults it would be to your advantage to blame your path thru. life on God. I see forgivness in the teachings . I see God giving his son to allow us forgivness of our sins. I see the strigh and narrow path and other paths. God may know of all the paths one will have a chance to take and he allows us to pick. If we pick wrong we are allowed forgivness if we ask .
 As for life . Both a live egg and sperm combine to make a new life . If either were dead the process would not happen. If either die while the process is taking place life will not happen. So how is there not life from conception ?
 When any group meets in rememberance of God they are a church. Even the Bible warns of false religions , why say all are bad ? maybe it dosen't allow for one to be free to interpert/spin the scriptures to suit ones self if there are others with more learned  knowlege in the mix.
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #275 on: August 30, 2011, 09:29:28 AM »
don't you know?  swampman is right, and millions are wrong.  if you don't believe me, just ask swampman.
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #276 on: August 30, 2011, 09:32:13 AM »
I don't wish to justify my faults, because in God's eyes I don't have any.  I'm forgiven and always was.

Your coments indicate you are judging these topics based on human understanding.  I'd read Romans 8 & 9.  God does what he wants to.

Is a tumor a seperate life form, or part of the person that has the tumor?

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #277 on: August 30, 2011, 09:33:55 AM »
don't you know?  swampman is right, and millions are wrong.  if you don't believe me, just ask swampman.

The Bible is right and everything else is wrong.  I don't have an opinion.

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #278 on: August 30, 2011, 09:38:27 AM »

Is a tumor a seperate life form, or part of the person that has the tumor?

When did a woman give birth to a tumor ? Tumors don't come from the union of a male and female . They are very different processes.

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #279 on: August 30, 2011, 09:40:05 AM »
Both are groups of living cells that get their life from their host.

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #280 on: August 30, 2011, 09:47:36 AM »
very true , but the type and process is differen't , but that seems to not fit your agenda .

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #281 on: August 30, 2011, 10:02:42 AM »
I have no agenda, because I don't care one way or another.  It's none of my business and I don't wish to force my views on a woman.

Ephesians 6:12 "For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

The church...

Since I'm not having an abortion, they are none of my business.

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #282 on: August 30, 2011, 10:02:50 AM »
So it looks as though the OP can say it undermines morals in this country.

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #283 on: August 30, 2011, 10:34:27 AM »
No we aren't concerned with him, but it would be unwise to let it go unchallenged incase someone might read it and see no challenge and figure it to be true and what we all believed.

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #284 on: August 30, 2011, 11:07:00 AM »
Correct, I believe the Bible and y'all believe something else.  I also believe that it isn't my job to shove my morals down other people's throats.

So we don't all believe the same thing.  That the same reason I won't go to church.

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #285 on: August 30, 2011, 11:11:23 AM »
Correct, I believe the Bible and y'all believe something else.  I also believe that it isn't my job to shove my morals down other people's throats.

So we don't all believe the same thing.  That the same reason I won't go to church.
Jesus said, go into all the world and cram "MY" morals down everyones throat.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #286 on: August 30, 2011, 11:23:25 AM »
He commissioned 12.  You aren't one of them.

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Out West
« Reply #287 on: August 30, 2011, 11:32:47 AM »
Swampman,
Are you willing to write here in words, on this forum, what you would say to Jesus if you could talk to Him about this abortion issue?

Maybe we can learn something from that about your position and how a fetus in the mothers stomach is not a life and how ending its exsistance is not an end to a life.
Avery Hayden Wallace
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #288 on: August 30, 2011, 11:44:10 AM »
I want to give a big ATTA-BOY to the folks that have posted in this thread and stood up for the innocent un-born babies.

thanks ya'll.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #289 on: August 30, 2011, 11:49:56 AM »
A baby has a soul.  A fetus doesn't.  That's the big difference.

There's no such thing as an unborn baby.  I talk to Jesus everyday......don't you?

Unlike most this isn't a game to me.   It's very real.

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Out West
« Reply #290 on: August 30, 2011, 12:02:39 PM »

There's no such thing as an unborn baby.  I talk to Jesus everyday......don't you?

I did not ask you if you ever talk to Him. I asked you if you would be willing to write what you ask or say to Him about this. Now that you have said you talk to Him every day, just tell us what you tell him about this...After all, this is not a game as you say and since we are talking about a baby, a fetus, a sole absent mass of cells or whatever you call them, this is no joke Swampman.

Avery Hayden Wallace
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3

Offline Dixie Dude

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #291 on: August 30, 2011, 12:08:36 PM »
Well, scientifically it is a seperate life with unique DNA.  Can't remember where right off hand, but God told a prophet in the OT that He knew him before he was in his mothers womb.  I have twin grandchildren who were premature and weighed only about a pound and a half at birth at about 4 months.  They survived and are 10 now. Their heads were no bigger than a baseball.  If you force a woman into labor at 5 months, 85% of babies survive.  What about 8 month abortions?  What about a nurse I knew who assisted one abortion and the baby was born alive?  We have to be the Salt Jesus said to be to keep sin in check.  Murder is sin.  Abortion is murder.  The human fetus will not grow into a horse or any other animal, but human. 

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #292 on: August 30, 2011, 12:50:18 PM »
I asked you if you would be willing to write what you ask or say to Him about this. Now that you have said you talk to Him every day, just tell us what you tell him about this...After all, this is not a game as you say and since we are talking about a baby, a fetus, a sole absent mass of cells or whatever you call them, this is no joke
I just repeated what he told me.

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Out West
« Reply #293 on: August 30, 2011, 03:16:57 PM »
I asked you if you would be willing to write what you ask or say to Him about this. Now that you have said you talk to Him every day, just tell us what you tell him about this...After all, this is not a game as you say and since we are talking about a baby, a fetus, a sole absent mass of cells or whatever you call them, this is no joke
I just repeated what he told me.

I think your talking out of your blue jeans again.
Avery Hayden Wallace
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #294 on: August 30, 2011, 04:19:46 PM »
Galatians 1:6 "I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting the one who called you by the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel--"

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #295 on: August 30, 2011, 04:36:15 PM »

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
   Swampy; your intransigence is at your own risk, read and heed..the Word of God:

"My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.  Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them".  (Psalm 139:15,16)

"The word of the Lord came to me, saying, Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations." (Jeremiah 1:4-5)

"You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother's womb". (Psalm 139:13)

"Indeed, I was born guilty. I was a sinner when my mother conceived me"  (Psalm 51:5)

Now Swampy,..not only does God know the preborn baby, but the baby can recognize God when He is near:

"When Elizabeth heard Mary's greeting, the baby leaped in her womb, and Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit". (Luke 1:41)

You see, Mary was carrying the yet unborn Jesus Christ (God)   Jesus at that point, was not just some discardable piece of.."tissue"....

Are you still going to stubbornly deny the life which God says is in there ?

AMEN..sermon over.. ;) :D
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline -Shaggy-

• A Real Regular
« Reply #296 on: August 30, 2011, 05:10:40 PM »
Just wondering...If I stop breathing, am I dead?   (Serious question)

Offline powderman

« Reply #297 on: August 30, 2011, 05:16:36 PM »
Just wondering...If I stop breathing, am I dead?   (Serious question)

SHAGGY. Only if it's a permanent situation. POWDERMAN.  ;D ;D
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Out West
« Reply #298 on: August 30, 2011, 05:21:47 PM »
If there's no one around to hear or see you breath, are you still alive?

;D
Avery Hayden Wallace
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #299 on: August 31, 2011, 02:33:15 AM »
Are you still going to stubbornly deny the life which God says is in there ?

Yep, the mother's life.

I'm not guessing about this and you are.  I know beyond a shadow of a doubt.