Author Topic: abortion  (Read 21358 times)

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
Re: abortion
« Reply #360 on: September 03, 2011, 04:19:55 AM »
Who provided you with this guidance?

I've been reading the Bible for 50 years.  Every modern church is founded on the teachings of men who taught and believed the same thing I do.  The problem is they no longer teach it because the people would realize they don't need a church.  The church would go bankrupt and lose control of the people.  Free will is a form of bondage.  Predestination sets you free.  The light and easy yoke of Christ is so much better than the heavy burden that a preacher will place upon you.
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing  1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Out West
« Reply #361 on: September 03, 2011, 09:57:00 AM »
Who provided you with this guidance?

I've been reading the Bible for 50 years.  Every modern church is founded on the teachings of men who taught and believed the same thing I do.  The problem is they no longer teach it because the people would realize they don't need a church.  The church would go bankrupt and lose control of the people.  Free will is a form of bondage.  Predestination sets you free.  The light and easy yoke of Christ is so much better than the heavy burden that a preacher will place upon you.

Do you claim to be more than just a man?
Avery Hayden Wallace
Obama Administration: A corrupt criminal enterprise of bold face liars.
The States formed the Union. The Union did not form the States. States Rights!
GET US OUT OF THE UN. NO ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT!
S.A.S.S/NRA Life Member/2nd Amendment Foundation
CCRKBA/Gun Owners of America
California Rifle & Pistol Association
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #362 on: September 03, 2011, 12:50:20 PM »
If I did, I'd be a liar like the rest of the church elders that do.
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Out West
« Reply #363 on: September 03, 2011, 02:44:31 PM »
Do you/did you provide this guidance to your kids if you had any?
Avery Hayden Wallace
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #364 on: September 03, 2011, 02:51:37 PM »

We really need to get back on topic, which is..........."That ugly word" Abortion!
Perhaps Swampman could start a new thread about Predestination, since the topic has moved in that direction.
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #365 on: September 03, 2011, 03:15:52 PM »
My children and grandchildren believe what the Bible says.

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #366 on: September 03, 2011, 03:18:48 PM »
IMO all this is on topic.  However I have nothing more to say on the matter, and an angel from heaven couldn't change my mind because he'd be contrary to God's Word if he tried.

Offline powderman

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #367 on: September 03, 2011, 03:40:56 PM »
hunter. Yes, the topic is abortion, most of  us say it's wrong, Swampman says it doesn't exist for Gods elect. In my opinion Swampman is totally wrong and way off base, but I also must say that I believe that he really means what he says. He quotes scripture and give HIS OPINION as to what it means. Many, if not most of his interpretations of scripture are taken way out of context, thats in my opinion. I don't believe he says these things to be mean or arguementative. In this sense predestination and abortion are one and the same topic. I see no reason to lock it again. Theres been no name calling or anybody disrespected that I've seen and I'm not aware of any broken rules. As volatile as this topic can be I believe that everyone here has conducted themselves like respectable adults. POWDERMAN.  :o :o
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #368 on: September 03, 2011, 05:20:22 PM »
  I agree with powderman, but I must add that we have worked both over until they are dog-eared with wear, so I won't be spending much time her.
   I believe Swampy is sincerely, but I also believe he is sincerely wrong..but that's just my $ .02....
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline nw_hunter

« Reply #369 on: September 03, 2011, 05:44:37 PM »
hunter. Yes, the topic is abortion, most of  us say it's wrong, Swampman says it doesn't exist for Gods elect. In my opinion Swampman is totally wrong and way off base, but I also must say that I believe that he really means what he says. He quotes scripture and give HIS OPINION as to what it means. Many, if not most of his interpretations of scripture are taken way out of context, thats in my opinion. I don't believe he says these things to be mean or arguementative. In this sense predestination and abortion are one and the same topic. I see no reason to lock it again. Theres been no name calling or anybody disrespected that I've seen and I'm not aware of any broken rules. As volatile as this topic can be I believe that everyone here has conducted themselves like respectable adults. POWDERMAN.  :o :o

I didn't mention conduct........I mentioned getting off topic PM!! It's plain to see see Swamp isn't going to change his mind or anyone else on the forum. Just keep it on topic or start a new one on predestination.
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline powderman

« Reply #370 on: September 03, 2011, 06:53:00 PM »
hunter.  You can't seem to see that the topics are intertwined and relevant. You got your way, I'm through with this.  POWDERMAN.  :o :o
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Out West
« Reply #371 on: September 03, 2011, 07:29:15 PM »
I agree with PM. The subjects are intertwined. I don't understand the quest for topic purity. This is a talk forum not a filing system.
Avery Hayden Wallace
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #372 on: September 04, 2011, 03:46:05 AM »
I agree with PM. The subjects are intertwined. I don't understand the quest for topic purity. This is a talk forum not a filing system.
I agree.
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline Lost Farmboy

« Reply #373 on: September 04, 2011, 04:00:08 AM »

I have to agree with the crowd. This time at least they are intertwined. I am trying to understand Swampman's point of view. The problem I am having is the scriptures he uses seem to not have anything to do with his conclusions. But somehow he thinks they do.
A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.   John F. Kennedy

"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under" -Ronald Reagan

“So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause.”  Padme Amidala

Online Casull

« Reply #374 on: September 04, 2011, 05:52:29 AM »
I have to agree with the crowd. This time at least they are intertwined. I am trying to understand Swampman's point of view. The problem I am having is the scriptures he uses seem to not have anything to do with his conclusions. But somehow he thinks they do.

Lost Farmboy, I've been thinking the exact same thing.  Sometimes tough to figure someone out when they give nothing but conclusions with no logic as to how they got there.
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline DDZ

« Reply #375 on: September 04, 2011, 06:05:16 AM »
Yes many of us are trying to understand what Swampman's beliefs are. Understanding how God wants us to live is not deciphered from a few scriptures, but from reading the whole Bible and knowing God,s character. Knowing God's character tells us that He has given man free will, and that He does not want us killing His children through abortion. For they are truly a gift from God. Taking scripture out of context is done often to suit ones needs or wants. Knowing God's character generally helps with understanding the scripture.   
Anyone that has seen a sonogram of a baby inside its mother and can't conclude that there is a human life there, is not looking very hard.
We can only pray for Swampman that he continues to read the Bible, and that God will reveal the truth to him.         
Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.    Wm. Penn

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #376 on: September 04, 2011, 08:20:45 AM »
Good luck with working your way to heaven.  That whole idea came about in the 19th century.  It's a shame the churches have brainwashed folks into believing in free will even though it isn't Biblical.

God has revealed the truth to me.  From Gen 1:1 to Revelations every single verse teaches predestination.  Some to hell and some to heaven.

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #377 on: September 04, 2011, 09:57:17 AM »
By that post you prove there is choice. Just as in abortion there is choice .
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Out West
« Reply #378 on: September 04, 2011, 09:59:16 AM »
The contradictions just keep coming.
Avery Hayden Wallace
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3

Offline DDZ

« Reply #379 on: September 04, 2011, 10:40:24 AM »

Just wondering Swampy, how do you twist these verse's into believing that it teaches predestination? I think these verse's teach a choice, with no indication at all of any predestination. Maybe you can offer your predestination insight on these verse's. Since you say from Gen 1:1 to Revelation, that every single verse teaches predestination.

God our Savior, who desires ALL MEN to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.” 1 Timothy 2:4

Or this one.     
The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish, but all should come to repentance. 2 Peter 3:9

Or this one.    For there is no distinction between Jew or Greek, for the same Lord over all, is rich to all who call upon him. For whoever calls upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. Romans 10:12

No need for me to work my way to heaven, because work does not get you there. You should know that from reading the Bible for the last 50 years as you claim. From the way you talk, I assume you think you are one of the elect that gets to go to heaven. From your perspective how does one know if they are the elect that get to live in heaven with God? I guess in your mind that if we were not murdered in our mother's womb then we have a good shot at being one of the elect. Is that it? Or do we also have to have your beliefs? Just trying to figure out what your line of thinking is.
What I understand is that with predestination man does not have to live their life as God wants them to. What reason would there be, if you are one of the elect at birth? Sin is fun right? Why not just sin away? Why bother repenting of any sins? In your belief you are either elected for heaven or hell, so what does it matter how you live your life? Why am I not surprised that you can't find a church that fits your beliefs. 
Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.    Wm. Penn

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #380 on: September 04, 2011, 10:46:48 AM »
it's gonna be interesting to see how swamp addresses this post by DDZ.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline powderman

« Reply #381 on: September 04, 2011, 11:37:25 AM »

YEP. POWDERMAN.  ;D ;D

Online Casull

« Reply #382 on: September 04, 2011, 11:59:31 AM »

Kind of curious myself.  The scripture quoted sure does make Swampman's prior post look incorrect (as if any thought otherwise). 
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #383 on: September 04, 2011, 01:21:37 PM »
God our Savior, who desires ALL MEN to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.” 1 Timothy 2:4

Of course he does.

The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish, but all should come to repentance. 2 Peter 3:9

Of course he isn't

Or this one.    For there is no distinction between Jew or Greek, for the same Lord over all, is rich to all who call upon him. For whoever calls upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. Romans 10:12

Only the elect can or will
There are lots of churches that teach what I believe nearly all of them did in the 18th century.  I just don't believe in churches.

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #384 on: September 04, 2011, 01:26:24 PM »
okay, he finally gave the right answer, he's not a Christian.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #385 on: September 04, 2011, 01:30:29 PM »
I was a Christian before the foundation of the world.  I cannot leave it until I've done everything God knew I would do.  We are shot down a gun barrel and have no control over anything.  Quit worring about worldly matters, God doesn't want you to be concerned with them.

2 Timothy 1:9 who has saved us and called us to a holy life--not because of anything we have done but because of his own purpose and grace. This grace was given us in Christ Jesus before the beginning of time,

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #386 on: September 04, 2011, 01:50:21 PM »
swamp, you're a hoot ;D   you just keep on believing that.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #387 on: September 04, 2011, 03:43:34 PM »
I have no choice but to keep believing what God showed me.

Offline DDZ

« Reply #388 on: September 04, 2011, 04:33:57 PM »

Of course he does.

Of course he isn't

Only the elect can or will
There are lots of churches that teach what I believe nearly all of them did in the 18th century.  I just don't believe in churches.

I guess if its just going to be a few words of explanation, no use discussing this anymore. Kind of what I thought it would be anyway.

Offline DDZ

« Reply #389 on: September 04, 2011, 04:54:41 PM »
I was a Christian before the foundation of the world.  I cannot leave it until I've done everything God knew I would do.  We are shot down a gun barrel and have no control over anything.  Quit worring about worldly matters, God doesn't want you to be concerned with them.

2 Timothy 1:9 who has saved us and called us to a holy life--not because of anything we have done but because of his own purpose and grace. This grace was given us in Christ Jesus before the beginning of time,

Gee, why should us Christians continue to spread the gospel, speak out against immorality, or try to be a good witness to Christ. Since we have no control over anything. Just go hide in the corner until you see if you are one of the lucky elect. I wonder why God would choose to send part of his creation to hell and be absent of Him?