Author Topic: abortion  (Read 21298 times)

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
Re: abortion
« Reply #480 on: September 09, 2011, 08:20:38 AM »
I don't choose anything.  I do believe what the Bible says.

I don't believe abortion is a good thing, it's simply another symptom of the original sin which was unbelief.

You fellows are caught up in conduct.  You have to remember that even if we never commited a "sin" we would still go to hell without Jesus Christ's mercy.  We can't be good enough to go to heaven or bad enough to go to hell.

Conduct is a moot point.
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing  1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Out West
« Reply #481 on: September 09, 2011, 08:21:23 AM »
You cannot love until you believe in predestination.

if abortion was made illegal and abortions suddenly stopped happening. Whats Gods view on this? The women would still want to abort, the law simply is standing in the way of destiny. How do you reconcile this?

Man's law cannot stand in the way of God's eternal plan.  God will only allow those to survive that he wants to survive.  He controls the gene pool to get his elect here.

King David did exactly what God wanted him to do.  Solomon came from this union, built the temple, and is part of the lineage of Jesus.  Exactly according to God's will and plan.

What this means is that God carries out his Will through the US Congress and the signature of our president. Is there a Biblical referance to support this connection?

Avery Hayden Wallace
Obama Administration: A corrupt criminal enterprise of bold face liars.
The States formed the Union. The Union did not form the States. States Rights!
GET US OUT OF THE UN. NO ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT!
S.A.S.S/NRA Life Member/2nd Amendment Foundation
CCRKBA/Gun Owners of America
California Rifle & Pistol Association
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #482 on: September 09, 2011, 08:32:43 AM »
Yes, it's Romans 8:

28And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. 29For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren. 30Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline Shu

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #483 on: September 09, 2011, 08:42:59 AM »
Conduct is not a moot point and no one is saying you can achieve salvation through works.
However faith without works is dead. How is it a person is introduced to the Gospel of Christ?By someone teaching the Gospel, that is a work of Christ. Simple teaching does not impart salvation only belief does.  Who would hear the message if no one taught it? Why would the apostles suffer at the hands of men if their brutal deaths did not prove their faith? Only belief recieves grace, works merely prove the belief.

Unfortunately I allowed myself to get caught up in this again. Moderators please take 10-20 IQ points from me for this!!!

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Out West
« Reply #484 on: September 09, 2011, 08:44:01 AM »
Sorry, I do not see enough of a connection here that could possibally lead a person to that conclusion.
Avery Hayden Wallace
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #485 on: September 09, 2011, 08:57:12 AM »
verse 28 says "all things"

Offline Dixie Dude

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #486 on: September 09, 2011, 11:48:50 AM »
What about OTHER scripture telling us to do good works, be the "salt" of the earth, etc?  You can't just throw them out.  I never said anything about a "works" salvation.  Only that works show and prove your salvation.  I have a question.  Is is a GOOD WORK to try to stop abortion, to try to save lives?  Is it a good work to preach salvation, and God's love for us?  IF NOT, they why are so many christians trying to stop or outlaw abortion?  Question is, Swampy with your predestination only theology, do you do any good works?  Do you help the widows and orphins?  Do you help pay the salary of those to preach and teach the "good news"?  Do you help support missionaries at home and abroad?  If not, then God doesn't need you?  God didn't create humans as robots.  He wants people to believe in Him without shouting to them from heaven.  They are blessed who believe without seeing.  I understand where you are coming from, but you have to balance that one scripture with the other scriptures commanding us to do good works, repent, believe, get baptised, etc.  Works won't save you, but you are supposed to do them.  Why?, because we can't see the future, and don't know Gods will for every single human being.  So, we must preach, teach, do good works, and try to stop evil, like abortion. 

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #487 on: September 09, 2011, 01:39:12 PM »
Nothing wrong with doing good works and if it's God's will you will do them.  I've been a preacher, deacon, sundy school teacher, song leader, sound man, and church janitor.  They all are a stench in God's nose I believe.  I do what I believe to be right by my fellow man and whatever I do I was predestined to do.  I don't want or expect anything for my "filthy righteousness."

Offline XD40SC

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #488 on: September 09, 2011, 02:14:14 PM »
As far as I'm concerned; if you believe in predestination- so be it. As long as you are a positive influence to society and hurt no one; your a good person.

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Out West
« Reply #489 on: September 09, 2011, 02:28:10 PM »
XD40,
Not true in Swampmans perspective. Whatever Swampman does, it is God’s will. So good or evil deeds make no difference. Either way he is carrying out what he is predestined to do as commanded by God. There is only one way, and that way is the way it ends up happening.

Avery Hayden Wallace
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #490 on: September 09, 2011, 04:11:06 PM »
If it isn't God's will it cannot be done.  That doesn't mean that we won't answer for it.  The elect will pay for it on this side of death and the non-elect will burn until they don't exist.  None have an excuse.

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Out West
« Reply #491 on: September 09, 2011, 04:56:15 PM »
The problem I have with predestination is life becomes equal to viewing a movie. The script is written, the actors have played the roles and its all on film. We are all just viewing the movie some place before the end. Thats the best way to describe it and I ask myself, If I beleived in this, what would I become? What happens to ambition? What happens to my judgement to make the right decision? Religion is not a book. It is the way you live.
Avery Hayden Wallace
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #492 on: September 09, 2011, 06:55:57 PM »
If it isn't God's will it cannot be done.  That doesn't mean that we won't answer for it.  The elect will pay for it on this side of death and the non-elect will burn until they don't exist.  None have an excuse.

Well, if we are predestined to go to hell or heaven Mr. smart guy, what was the need for the 10 commandments? And I have broken every one of them and enjoyed it. Why should I have to repent my sins? Why did Jesus Christ say that if I believed in him I would find salvation, was Jesus a liar? I am going to stick with the words of Jesus!

Ron White must have lived near some here! ::)
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline mirage1988

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #493 on: September 09, 2011, 10:04:06 PM »
I can't believe you guys let swampgas bait you for 17 pages! If swampy truly believed in predestination he wouldnt have sold his harley for a ford fiesta.If his buddy was predestined to get hurt in a motorcycle crash anyway, why would swampy sell his own bike?

http://www.gboreloaded.com/forums/index.php/topic,230485.0.html

Another example of if you give a guy enough rope- he will hang himself......

Offline XD40SC

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #494 on: September 10, 2011, 01:21:23 AM »
I can't believe you guys let swampgas bait you for 17 pages! If swampy truly believed in predestination he wouldnt have sold his harley for a ford fiesta.If his buddy was predestined to get hurt in a motorcycle crash anyway, why would swampy sell his own bike?

http://www.gboreloaded.com/forums/index.php/topic,230485.0.html

Another example of if you give a guy enough rope- he will hang himself......
That would explain some of the illogical statements he has made .