Author Topic: Any experiences with Penn Bullets?  (Read 2007 times)

Offline Dinny

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (268)
  • "Medics Save"
Any experiences with Penn Bullets?
« on: August 13, 2011, 12:09:43 PM »
I ordered bullets from Penn Bullets and my order was delivered a month later. When I received the bullets, I noticed that I had been double charged - charged for 500 and received 250 (as ordered). I finally reached Bob and he immediately recognized the problem and told me to order something else in the $27 price range. That was done a month ago... :-\

Anyone else had any orders filled this slow?  Is this normal from a commercial caster? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Dinny
Handi Family: 357 Max, 45 LC, 45-70, 300 BLK, 50 cal Huntsman, and 348 Win.

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day that my child may have peace"
Thomas Paine

Offline gypsyman

• Trade Count: (1)
Re: Any experiences with Penn Bullets?
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2011, 05:42:14 AM »
I've known Bob for a few years, when he was setting up at gun shows in the 90's. He's a fair man. He'll make it right with you. His biggest problem is, he's usually behind in orders, and always on the go. I've used his bullets for my 9mm,.40 and .45, and found them to be very well made. I cast for most of my revolver's, as I gas check them for best performance. (at least that's what I tell myself :) ) He has a small operation, and I know that he's trying to keep the cost down, so he doesn't have a bunch of employee's. At one time, he owed me for a set of Redding dies for almost a year, and when we finally squared up, I got some extra bullets from him, and we had a good laugh. You might just have to remind him in a couple weeks, as he's chief cook, bottle washer and busboy all at the same time. gypsyman
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline Dinny

• Moderators
  • "Medics Save"
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2011, 08:25:58 AM »
Thanks for the info. I'll give him another call to see how they're coming along. I can't imagine this is the best way to run a business... :-\

Thanks, Dinny

Thomas Paine

Offline Reed1911

• GBO Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (18)
    • www.reedsammo.com
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2011, 09:10:38 AM »
We placed an order, called and told about 4-5 months, canceled the order after three years of no show and little answers. No charges and always polite. Not a bad review, just a review.
Ron Reed
Reed's Ammunition & Research
info@reedsammo.com
www.reedsammo.com

Offline Dinny

• Moderators
  • "Medics Save"
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2011, 03:05:53 PM »
Well....the order was placed on July 20, 2011 and has yet to be filled. I have tried calling Bob on several occasions and only able to leave a polite message. I just sent my 5th email to him since July and have only a smidgen of hope that he will reply. As it stands today, I have been double charged on my one and only order and no refund in sight. I have been very patient and even recommended his bullets to others. This will change soon! I don't think that his customer service skills are where they need to be if he is going to continue a business.

>:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Thanks, Dinny

Thomas Paine

Offline GH1

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2011, 02:23:18 PM »
I'm sorry to hear you got stung that way. The cast bullet market is very competitive and there's really no reason anyone should have to put up with sub-par service. I've gotten really good service and fair pricing from Dardas. Heck, he even posted a pic of mine in his "Testamonials" secytion on his web site.
GH1 :)
I owe my life to an organ donor

Offline Dinny

• Moderators
  • "Medics Save"
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2011, 01:05:04 PM »
I spoke to Bob today and he told me that my bullet choice is one that is only cast once or twice a year. I changed my choice and should see some bullets this week. He's even gonna throw in a handful of the others for sampling.

I just wish I was told this when I ordered the bullets originally. Other than that, I have no issues with this company.

Thanks, Dinny

Thomas Paine