Author Topic: Iowa straw poll...  (Read 5533 times)

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
Iowa straw poll...
« on: August 13, 2011, 01:50:38 PM »
  Michelle Bachmann wins..Ron Paul second..Tim Pawlenty third..followed by Santorum , Cain and then Rick Perry (as a write-in only)..
    I believe Bachmann is the only one of the top 3 that could hope to translate this to top of the ticket...but she will have her work cut out for her !
   There are other states in the union, however..so Mitt Romney cannot be counted out. I still think Rick Perry could well be the 800 pound gorilla..   Just my $ .02..
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
Re: Iowa straw poll...
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2011, 02:00:25 PM »
just saw that.  I like Perry so far and Bachmann is my close second.
A Perry/Bachmann ticket would be good.  or a Bachmann/Perry ticket.
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline hillbill

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2011, 02:10:06 PM »
i like bachman as well but really wish cain and perry were taken more seriously.perry has had sucess in running his state and cain has a lot of good things to say as far as im concerned.i am afraid tho that cain may be a bit too honest and up front to be a politician.most people prefer to be told what they want to hear and he is not really in that business.

Offline nomosendero

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2011, 03:24:54 PM »
Well, well, well !  ;)  Looks like that doctored up pic on what's that rag "Newsweek" did not accomplish what the little pantywetters wanted.  ::)

I am a long ways from deciding who to support(I doubt it will be her), but I like her & she has more guts than any Demoncrap I have ever met.
You will not make peace with the Bluecoats, you are free to go.

Offline hillbill

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2011, 03:58:50 PM »
i dont know if bachmans got wat it takes but GUTS will be what it takes to go agin the liberals, greenie weeinies and even sum of us to get this country on the right path.what we got ahead of us a lot of people dont want to hear about. thats the problem

Offline Matt

• .:{º.º}:.
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (1)
    • Inkredible Image
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2011, 04:49:13 PM »
Perry has the blood of Texas little girls on his hands.....  You folks really need to research those who you wish to align yourselves with...

Perry and Merck are have KILLED MANY MANY little girls all over the world... yep sounds like he would make a great president... if we are to keep the status quo that is.

Matt
Any fool can know. The point is to understand.”
― Albert Einstein

Offline hillbill

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2011, 04:58:36 PM »
well ill be the first to say i dont want no blood of little texas girls on my hands, can yu elaborate?

Offline Hooker

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2011, 04:59:58 PM »
Matt where are you getting this stuff?

Pat
" In the beginning of change, the patriot is a brave and scarce man,hated and scorned. when the cause succeeds however,the timid join him...for then it cost nothing to be a patriot. "
-Mark Twain
"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms."
-- Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, 1787. ME 6:373, Papers 12:356

Offline Dee

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2011, 05:08:03 PM »
I'm not a big Perry fan, and being a life long Texan would pick Bachman over him, HOWEVER! What I think Matt is talking about is the executive order Perry signed requiring all girls in Texas entering the 6th grade to be required to take the HPV vaccine, which is said to prevent cervical cancer. Matt however, apparently didn't read far enough, as the House of Representatives repealed the executive order to a vote that to veto the law, would have been foolish on Perry's part. So in short Perry has killed no one, other than a coyote that attacked his dog, by using his concealed carry pistol while on a jog on a trail.
As I said, I am a life long Texan, and not a Perry fan for president, but one should not make such outrageous claims until fully researched. He has enough negatives, without making them up.
If Bachman survives the primaries, I will most likely support her, unless I hear something I have not found on her.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline Matt

• Administrator
    • Inkredible Image
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2011, 05:13:42 PM »
Gov Rick Perry knowingly lied and told Texas families that he had the power to force there 11 year old girls to take a vaccine that was killing people in the test trials. Perry was Mercks ace in the hole,now he will be there man in the white house if they have there way.

Matt
― Albert Einstein

Offline Dee

« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2011, 05:20:58 PM »
No Matt, he did not. He issued an executive order that was overturned. As I said in my first post. He considered it much as the REQUIRED Polio vaccine. Texas folks raised hell, and the order never went into affect.

Offline Matt

• Administrator
    • Inkredible Image
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2011, 05:30:04 PM »
The Order never went into effect but that did not stop him from lying and causing over 3 million young girls to take the shots and as of 2009 there were well over 8000 reports of major life altering/ending health problems BECAUSE of the shots.

Perry got paid for his part in this and he pushed it after KNOWING that there was deadly side effects. And for him to mandate this on the people of Texas is equivalent to Obama care.

Like I said vote for him if you like but it will be status quo if he wins.

Matt
― Albert Einstein

Offline Dee

« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2011, 05:46:18 PM »
The only girls in Texas that took the shot are the ones that their family CHOSE NOT to opt out, or were going to private schools that did not except the opt out form,  which the family could have OPTED OUT of that school if they so chose. This was the short period of time before the House voted the requirement out.

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2011, 07:05:21 PM »
i dont know if bachmans got wat it takes but GUTS will be what it takes to go agin the liberals, greenie weeinies and even sum of us to get this country on the right path.what we got ahead of us a lot of people dont want to hear about. thats the problem

Ron Paul only trailed her by 200 votes, and this with the media hardly mentioning his name! A very close second. Pawlenty was a distant third.

Paul has the guts to go against all Liberals.......Both sides of the isle. Pretty big showing for the man who gets minimal coverage from  all the TV talking heads. ;D
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline Dee

« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2011, 07:26:31 PM »
Unfortunately Ron Paul always does well in Iowa straw poles but fizzles out as the primaries get closer. Folks like Sean Hannity and the like, do everything they can to assassinate his campaign, and it always works.
I think if anyone can make it through, it will be Backmann, although I don't know if America is ready for a woman president. As far as I'm concerned Rick Perry is just a slightly different version of Bush II.
He has some good points, but one must keep an eye on him all the time, but he may beat the Republican field, and that would be a shame in regard to Backmann.

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2011, 02:30:01 AM »
  I will certainly admit that Ron Paul has guts !  He has the guts to defy the liberals on both sides of the aisle..  Of course, as Dee said he often does well in straw polls due to the tremendous loyalty he commands with his intensly faithful fans.
   His domestic program is fine and his idea of disengagement with certain foreign adventures is laudable.  I personally am a bit uneasy with his posture concerning Iran.  He seems to brush them off as an insignificant mosquito, which can do no harm to us or our nation. He claims that if we leave the ayatollahs alone, they won't bother us.
    Sorry, I don't see it that way...I think he is having difficulty grasping the Islamic drive for a "global kaliffe"...Islam and sharia law spread across the globe.  The Iranian bosses have already declared the US as the "great satan" and call for our destruction.  Ahmadinijhad has announced clearly that he is on a global mission or jihad, seeking to do the will and effect the planned arrival of the "twelfth imam".
  They have indulged in and supported terrorism around the globe and are about to become a nuclear player.  While I wouldn't suggest attacking Iran militarily, I also would not advise turning a blind eye toward Iran and it's fanatical leadership. especially since they now have nukes and nuclear material which just being released in quantity, could make any of our largest cities a "dead zone" along with many of it's residents.
   I am concerned with Paul's lack of a coherent foreign policy (IMO)...but if it comes to a choice of Paul or any leading Demon-crat..I'll stick with Paul.
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2011, 02:37:04 AM »
IG, iran has also vowed to destroy Israel.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline rio grande

• Trade Count: (39)
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2011, 03:58:12 AM »
Israel. With friends like them, who needs enemies?

Offline XD40SC

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2011, 04:27:25 AM »
Who pays for the Iowa straw poll??

Offline lakota

• Trade Count: (26)
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2011, 05:56:17 AM »
Well I am with Matt. Overturned or not anyone who would attempt to issue an executive order mandating a vaccine has no business as president and is just another commie-just like the one we have now. What orders will he try ram down our throats as president?

I've said it before but here it is again:

I want Ron Paul. I will settle for Bachman. Anyone else and I permanently go back to "throwing" my vote away.
Hi NSA! Can you see how many fingers I am holding up?

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2011, 06:03:30 AM »
wasn't the polio vaccine mandated?  I took it in the 8th grade and don't remember having a choice.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2011, 06:07:05 AM »

Well written !
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2011, 06:09:18 AM »
Polio yes,...... cervical HPV no way !!
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2011, 06:24:45 AM »

Well written !
lets see, radical islam is taking over the middle east and the only thing stopping all out war with Israel is those Israeli nukes aimed at the major raghead cities. without Israel the ragheads would hold us hostage with oil prices we couldn't afford. and since liberals won't drill in ANWR we'd have to get out the bicycles. 

scatter,  well written???   you don't much reading material around your house, do you?
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline magooch

« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2011, 06:49:45 AM »
So far, I think Michele Bachmann might be good on the Republican ticket, but whether she is at the top, or not is the question still in my mind.  If you throw someone like Rick Santorum in there, it begins to look very interesting.
I'm not sure that Perry brings anything that counters the ready-made Bushalike that the dumycrats would use to their advantage.  That doesn't mean that I would let what the dumbies say, have any sway over who I would support, but I hesitate to make it easy for them.
Swingem

Offline Lost Farmboy

« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2011, 10:52:39 AM »
Well I am with Matt. Overturned or not anyone who would attempt to issue an executive order mandating a vaccine has no business as president and is just another commie-just like the one we have now. What orders will he try ram down our throats as president?

Sounds like something Obama the thug would do.
A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.   John F. Kennedy

"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under" -Ronald Reagan

“So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause.”  Padme Amidala

Offline lakota

• Trade Count: (26)
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2011, 10:55:52 AM »

Sounds like something Obama the thug would do.
My thought exactly.
Hi NSA! Can you see how many fingers I am holding up?

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2011, 12:12:42 PM »
well, Ron Paul won't make it so once again the Is' and Ls'  will put obama back in the whitehouse and as a lame duck he will finish the job of destroying this country.  there's too many liberals for conservatives to be splitting their ranks.   what's that old saying? "if we don't hang together, we will surely hang separately"
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline nw_hunter

« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2011, 01:16:39 PM »
well, Ron Paul won't make it so once again the Is' and Ls'  will put obama back in the whitehouse and as a lame duck he will finish the job of destroying this country.  there's too many liberals for conservatives to be splitting their ranks.   what's that old saying? "if we don't hang together, we will surely hang separately"

LOL!!! paul was a Republican last time I looked..............How could a vote for him be construed as splitting the Ranks? ::) "Oh boy"Easy to see why he's fighting an uphill battle.
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline nomosendero

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2011, 01:19:50 PM »
No Matt, he did not. He issued an executive order that was overturned. As I said in my first post. He considered it much as the REQUIRED Polio vaccine. Texas folks raised hell, and the order never went into affect.

14 reasons why Rick Perry is a really, really bad choice for prez...he supported Al Gore for one...and did indeed did work for Merck as poltical hack.  GOpers and TPers should take note.

http://endoftheamericandream.com/archives/14-reasons-why-rick-perry-would-be-a-really-really-bad-president

Meanwhile, Michele Bachmann, the cut taxes candidate, use to work for the IRS for about 5 years...a little known fact left thin on her resume:

¡û The Age Of Ron Paul! THE IOWA STRAW POLL MYSTERY ¡ú  August 13, 2011 ¡¤ 9:08 pm    Michele Bachmann the IRS Attorney  Bachmann's former employer doing what it does best: Shake down a hard-working American. Tax-hating Michele Bachmann used to work for the IRS

While presidential hopeful Michele Bachmann often touts her ¡°federal tax litigation attorney¡± past, the WSJ digs a bit deeper: ¡
°Ms. Bachmann spent four years with the Internal Revenue Service district counsel office in St. Paul, Minn., from 1988 to 1992, and ¡°worked on hundreds of civil and criminal cases,¡± according to her congressional website. This part of her resume cuts two ways for Ms. Bachman, who ranks near the top of the GOP field in polls of New Hampshire and Iowa, where she campaigned over the weekend. She¡¯s a favorite of the tea party, for whom the IRS personifies government overreach.
Oh, and this very relevant tidbit:

¡°Bachmann, who is rising in the Iowa polls, does in fact have
a resume that¡¯s absurdly thin for someone seeking the White House. Ponder its shortcomings: she has no foreign policy experience, no executive experience, has never sponsored or co-sponsored a bill that became law, has never chaired a committee or subcommittee, and cannot even claim notable success outside the public sector like Mitt Romney. Why this doesn¡¯t bother her supporters? They¡¯re choosing the person who¡¯ll preside over the Armed Forces, negotiate with foreign leaders, manage the bureaucracy, shepherd legislation through Congress, execute the nation¡¯s laws, and otherwise fulfill the many obligations of the presidency. What makes them think she¡¯s qualified?¡±
This is what the mainstream Tea Party supports, an IRS attorney.  Color me amused.
How about Ron Paul, who has a thirty year track record of fighting tax increases, and championing economic liberty!
..TM7

Actually Bachmann has talked about the IRS days.

Are Liberals worried about experience now?  ;)

I am not very fond of Perry at this point, but I find it humorus how Liberals are trying to warn Conservatives that Perry isn't Conservative enough, funny stuff.  ;D
You will not make peace with the Bluecoats, you are free to go.