Author Topic: Iowa straw poll...  (Read 5531 times)

Offline Lost Farmboy

• Trade Count: (4)
Re: Iowa straw poll...
« Reply #90 on: August 17, 2011, 03:44:08 PM »
  If Bachmann really bought votes, then Ron Paul should have won the poll.
A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.   John F. Kennedy

"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under" -Ronald Reagan

“So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause.”  Padme Amidala

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #91 on: August 17, 2011, 04:03:10 PM »
Bachmann is a nut job, I hope none of guys wouldn,t even think of voting for her.
***********************************************************************************
  This is an example of the inane remarks passed about by sippers.  How about some specifics please ?  As I see it Bachmann stands for some key issues for starters;
 1) No increase in TAXES.
 2) Stop the uncontrolled spending.
 3) Quit funding useless programs..ACLU, ACORN, Planned Parenthood, NEA etc.
 4) Get rid of the unconstitutional 32 czars
 5) control our borders
 6) Repeal Obamacare
 7) No new trillion-dollar throwaway "stimulus bill" ..which doesn't stimulate.

Yeah; right !  some " nut job"..   I sure hope to have more "nut jobs" like that installed in 2012.. ;)   ;D
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline powderman

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #92 on: August 17, 2011, 04:10:32 PM »
PETE. What does she say about the 2nd and killing babies?? Does she have a record of either?? POWDERMAN.  :o :o
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #93 on: August 17, 2011, 04:23:12 PM »
PETE. What does she say about the 2nd and killing babies?? Does she have a record of either?? POWDERMAN.  :o :o
  She's a farm gal and KNOWS the value of the second amendment..  She also knows the value of human life..
  She and her husband raised 5 children of their own and 23 abandoned by others...

...A pair of "nut jobs" I guess !  ;)   ;D
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline powderman

« Reply #94 on: August 17, 2011, 04:27:30 PM »
PETE. Thanks, I needed to hear that. POWDERMAN.  ;D ;D
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #95 on: August 17, 2011, 04:33:18 PM »
There were both lows and highs in the straw poll and the coverage, my high point was seeing how few votes Romney got, another high point was Bachmann and Paul were the big winners. The low point was how the media ignored Ron Paul.
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline nomosendero

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #96 on: August 17, 2011, 05:55:43 PM »
Farmboy..fair enough  (don't know about that cryptic charge though.. ;) ;D ).  I'm just waiting for nomosendero to report back on Slick Rick's 14 faux paux since he knows one of Ric's campaign people personally...or if Anita Perry is really miffed. Or if TPer Bachmann bought the straw poll....all part of the Great Circus,,great entertainment these Bilderberger, CFR, Tri-lateralists candidates.

Like Matt said...Dr. Paul is the last great hope....my estimation is if he gets closer to the prezidency he will get trashed and they will bring out the anti-semitic charges on him as they did with Buchanan years back.

..TM7

You can't read or did not read my post, or just wanted to misrepresent,I did not say I know any of Perry's campaign people at all, the post is still there.
Why not just simply state that then...here's what you said:

"I have a friend who is a good friend of the top guy at AFA, who sponsored the prayer meeting with Perry. I am going to run these 14 reasons by point by point & see how it goes."

So whatever.... a friend of a friend of top guy at AFA!!.. ::) ...Ok...no problem....So...What did you find out about the 14 faux paux of Gardiasil Rick or the Anita poed business...from the friend of a friend of the top guy at AFP...?

Is there any smoke ,,,or is it a fire....?  That's what you were going to find out....

..TM7

Whatever, they are not part of his campaign, so you are saying whatever, being accurate dowesn't matter.

And I don't know anything about AFP.

I will report when I have it all, I have a few minutes to talk to him in a given day, but we will connect soon.
You will not make peace with the Bluecoats, you are free to go.

Offline nomosendero

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #97 on: August 17, 2011, 06:06:15 PM »
  If Bachmann really bought votes, then Ron Paul should have won the poll.

Yea, if she did, which I doubt & I see it won't be proven.

Concerning Ron Paul, you don't have to worry about someone stealing a couple of hundred votes, he threw away alot more than that in the debate when he made the Iran with a bomb comments & abortion yea or nea being decided by States comment. Sadly he does that from time to time & it's unfortunate because when it comes to the economy, debt, the Fed & abunch of domestic issues, I think he's the best & he does follow the Constitution.
You will not make peace with the Bluecoats, you are free to go.

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
« Reply #98 on: August 18, 2011, 11:00:54 AM »

She and her husband raised 5 children of their own and 23 abandoned by others...

Now that does make me wonder if she is firing on all cylinders................ ;D
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.

Offline jimster

« Reply #99 on: August 18, 2011, 01:09:01 PM »
So basically there isn't anything a conservative could do, take on a couple dozen kids and give them some love and direction, your playing the system and corrupt, don't do that your a wealthy greedy conservative who kicks crutches out from under old people and gives nothing.  I think I understand now....Bachmann just can't do much of anything right.  Meanwhile back in the left wing camp, there is nothing they can do wrong no matter what they do, or don't do.  I think I understand.   Even if I don't agree with 25 percent of ALL the things Bachmann does,  I will never beat her up for what she did with those kids, using state help or not..how many here could afford to raise more than two dozen kids on even a couple hundred grand a year... ???  Not me...I know what they can cost.  I would take whatever help was offered me, that's one hell of a lot of kids to take care of.  What 28 all together? 
How can politics make people so heartless to the point where they beat a person down and look for flaws for doing something nobody else hardly ever does?  That kind of dedication and commitment carries over to whatever JOB you have in life as well...so that in itself is a GOOD reason to put someone like that in charge of almost anything.  At least she has character and is good down deep inside...no matter what else you agree with...and that's a heap more than you have now.

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #100 on: August 19, 2011, 03:02:29 AM »
yeah, the governor can just sieze all the airports (federal property) and shut'em down.
you've been listening to tm7 too much.

Federal property, isn't the Atlanta airport owned by the city of Atlanta? A retired Delta employee should know that.

The threat from the governors office was really from his NWO puppet masters. The same builderbergers pulling Obamas strings. They control most if not all federal government agencies, like the FBI, CIA, FDA and TSA. Texas senators called Alex Jones's Austin radio show and reported the threats came from Perry's office.

TM7 and I are completely and totally independent. I often times do not read TM7's posts because they are too long and cryptic. We have both done extensive research and often independently find the same TRUTHS.
I would have answered sooner, but I was banned for 3 days.   yes, the land and buildings belong to some local entity,  but the final authority is the FAA.  Perry could not shut them down.  he might had state troopers put roadblock into the airport but federal marshalls would have stopped them.
as for "truths" how about Ron Pauls news letter showing him to be racist.
there is not many real truths out there, just opinions.
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #101 on: August 19, 2011, 03:07:00 AM »
doctors report all that kinda stuff to the CDC.  your sources are not where I look.

I know this. That is why you are disabled and “too decrepit to bug out” ( your words from the survival forum ). You and many other Americans are paying a high price for trusting modern medicine and the government agencies (FDA, USDA AND FTC) helping them to deceive you.

Dr Ron Paul has been fighting for years to give Americans health freedom and accesses to health information hidden by the pharmaceutical company controlled FDA. There are not enough congressmen willing to stand up to the pharmaceutical companies (who finance their campaigns) to do anything. As president Dr Ron Paul could do it by executive order.
you may bash modern medicine,  but modern medicine is the reason I'm alive today and I've seen many advances in medicine since my first heart attack in 1991
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #102 on: August 19, 2011, 03:08:20 AM »
I watched Wolf Blitzer conduct a fairly long, and fair minded interview of Ron Paul yesterday. I suspect the reason was, that the left is gaining a certain amount of fear of none other than Michelle Backmann, and will try to push Ron Paul forward to break her momentum. This possibly in their mind will end in dissemination of both Paul's, and Backmann's political momentum. Who knows.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #103 on: August 19, 2011, 03:18:47 AM »
I watched Wolf Blitzer conduct a fairly long, and fair minded interview of Ron Paul yesterday. I suspect the reason was, that the left is gaining a certain amount of fear of none other than Michelle Backmann, and will try to push Ron Paul forward to break her momentum. This possibly in their mind will end in dissemination of both Paul's, and Backmann's political momentum. Who knows.
I'm sure you're right on that.
but so everyone will know, I intend to vote for Paul in the primary and the general if he makes it that far.  and I think we should listen to Reagan when he said that republicans should stop bashing republicans.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline yellowtail3

• Oh father of the four winds, fill my sails!
« Reply #104 on: August 19, 2011, 03:25:22 AM »
Dr. Ron Paul is a good man. I'll vote for him, and I'm glad to see Bugeye onboard!

How could Bachmann possibly be a better president than Ron Paul? As a candidate... she's got a better figure, better legs, much better hair... but leader? Give me a break...
Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #105 on: August 19, 2011, 06:29:20 AM »
I'm not a "kid person" looking upon them as a necessary evil, their only benefit being a tax exemption now and becoming a  future taxpayer .
Congresswoman Bachman should receive Sainthood for raising all those children. Myself I would commit sukuku !!

Offline powderman

« Reply #106 on: August 19, 2011, 05:03:39 PM »
Scatter. Yep, takes a spcl kind of person to take on the responsibility of raising that many children. POWDERMAN.  ;D ;D

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #107 on: August 20, 2011, 02:39:21 AM »
I'm not a "kid person" looking upon them as a necessary evil, their only benefit being a tax exemption now and becoming a  future taxpayer .
Congresswoman Bachman should receive Sainthood for raising all those children. Myself I would commit sukuku !!
  Scatter;
       I mean this in all sincerity, with no intent ro hurt...but I am sad for you..and pity you at the same time.
   If I am correct, you are an older man such as myself; how can you possibly not love a child and long to have them around?
   What is there that can bring more joy to an old man's heart than to hold a little child and read to them, tell them stories..including stories from our own youth.
      Children are a gift from God..if we only know how to receive and be thankful for them.  The wife and i often speak of how our children and grandchilden so warm our hearts.  If we did not hav ethem in this world, we may as well curl up, cash out and die.
   Yes, some children are rude, arrogant, and disregard what they are told; but that is not a child problem..that is a parent problem.
   Praise God, our children/grandchildren are not at all that way.  They KNOW we only have their best interests at heart and will at least listen when we speak.  That doesn't mean the adults will always follow our advice.
   As far as the small ones Gram & Gramps are always right..not that we demand it but because they have been raised that way.
  Please Scatter, if you have children/grandchildren..toys will not take their place.  Try loving them...at our age it's all you have left.  You may be surprised at the joy it can bring to your heart.

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #108 on: August 20, 2011, 05:43:23 AM »

Yes, some children are rude, arrogant, and disregard what they are told; but that is not a child problem..that is a parent problem.

Very true and since it is illegal or hazardous to myself to slap some sense into the parents noggin's I keep as much distance from them and their offspring as possible.

In all fairness, I have seen and been around children of all ages that were a delight to have as company but the are as rare as an almost honest politician.

As far as my age is concerned, you are correct. I was raised under the " Children should not be heard and........ rule !

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #109 on: August 20, 2011, 06:02:57 AM »
 Scatter;
     I understand your frustration, but surely there must be some children in your area who are well behaved, whom you could take under wing in the same way.
  Of course in this day of mounting hysteria, one must be careful with an old man showing attention to a child..what a shame !
 How did things ever get so twisted as for many to be afraid of an old man trying to befriend children..a totally natural thing. :'( 
   Guess with today's mood, one will HAVE to primarily associate with their own kin..but try showing them sensible..but firm, love.  They may not like it now, but in just a very few years they may realize just how wise Gramps is..or was.

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #110 on: August 20, 2011, 07:39:18 AM »
As unbelievable as it reads, there aren't any in my neighborhood. I live very rural and don't even see a neighbor's dwelling.

The other thing you mentioned is in regards of a male with children especially female children is very much a concern. On that rare occasion I insist that my wife is in very close vicinity.

My apology to the OP, my post is certainly off topic.

Offline Lost Farmboy

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #111 on: August 20, 2011, 12:28:09 PM »
yeah, the governor can just sieze all the airports (federal property) and shut'em down.
you've been listening to tm7 too much.

Federal property, isn't the Atlanta airport owned by the city of Atlanta? A retired Delta employee should know that.

The threat from the governors office was really from his NWO puppet masters. The same builderbergers pulling Obamas strings. They control most if not all federal government agencies, like the FBI, CIA, FDA and TSA. Texas senators called Alex Jones's Austin radio show and reported the threats came from Perry's office.

TM7 and I are completely and totally independent. I often times do not read TM7's posts because they are too long and cryptic. We have both done extensive research and often independently find the same TRUTHS.
I would have answered sooner, but I was banned for 3 days.   yes, the land and buildings belong to some local entity,  but the final authority is the FAA.  Perry could not shut them down.  he might had state troopers put roadblock into the airport but federal marshalls would have stopped them.
as for "truths" how about Ron Pauls news letter showing him to be racist.
there is not many real truths out there, just opinions.

Bugeye I went back to read my original post to try to understand how you completely misunderstood my point. The fact that Perry does not have the power or authority to shut down the airports is completely irrelevant. Just like Obama has no constitutional power or authority to start a war in Libya.

The original post was about Perry's executive order to force all girls in Texas to take the dangerous and unnecessary Gardasil vaccine. The state legislature wouldn't pass the bill so he issued an executive order. It was an Obama style move. Fortunately for the girls in Texas the state legislature overruled the executive order. The fact that Perry does not have constitutional authority to order young girls to take a dangerous and unnecessary vaccine is irrelevant, he still tried to do it.

Now the TSA bill. It is already unconstitutional and illegal TSA to randomly pull people out of a line for porno scans and enhanced pat downs. A cop would have to prove probable cause for such procedures. DHS thinks TSA is exempt from the constitution and the law.

The Texas house unanimously passed the bill that clarified the fact that TSA was not exempt from the constitution or the laws of Texas. The bill never came up for a vote in the senate. Several Texas state senators privately called the Alex Jones radio show and stated they had been threatened. The treat was that if they passed the TSA bill that all Texas airports would be shut down. The senators claim the threat came from Perry's office.

If Perry has the authority or not is completely irrelevant. The threat came from his office. Dee says he stopped the bill because somebody put in a CCW law that he objected to. That may be true. But if it is why did he threaten to shut down the airports? He could have just asked them to remove the CCW part. It also may be true that he had one of his own people slip it in to give him an excuse.

Now back to my original post on this subject, reply #67. Perry did every thing he could do to shove the Gardasil vaccine down the throats of the people of Texas against their will. Just like Obama and his healthcare bill.

My point was that Gardasil was not Perry's only Obama style Chicago mafia attempt to shove unwanted government control down the throats of the people of Texas. I believe as president Perry would continue Obama's assault on freedom.
A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.   John F. Kennedy

"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under" -Ronald Reagan

“So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause.”  Padme Amidala

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #112 on: August 20, 2011, 02:56:01 PM »
As unbelievable as it reads, there aren't any in my neighborhood. I live very rural and don't even see a neighbor's dwelling.

The other thing you mentioned is in regards of a male with children especially female children is very much a concern. On that rare occasion I insist that my wife is in very close vicinity.

My apology to the OP, my post is certainly off topic.
  I understand Scatter..it's touchy nowdays..too bad..   over & out..
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  Lost...The gardasil bill (which Perry did not push through) had an "opt-out" clause..better than most states with their insistence in "evolution vs intelligent design".  They insist on an unproven theory and teach it to the exclusion of other theories..with no alternative or "opt-out" offered.  Texas is more enlightened under Perry..they teach both major theories and let the student investigate and decide.
  Then too, Texas has been gaining in jobs while the rest of the country is slipping away under BHO..with the possible exception of S. Dakota or Utah..

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #113 on: August 20, 2011, 07:23:26 PM »
and the parasites still call me a troll!!!
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #114 on: August 21, 2011, 06:43:30 AM »

A parasitic troll at that ;D

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #115 on: August 21, 2011, 10:44:09 AM »
like any other..Just say NO ! 
    A moot point, since the idea was never enacted... same as Obama's hare-brained scheme to have wounded veterans pay their own hospital bills !

http://bloodthirstyliberal.com/?p=8915