Author Topic: Pentax Gameseeker not so good on 30-30..  (Read 1337 times)

Offline 30-30man

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • A Real Regular
Pentax Gameseeker not so good on 30-30..
« on: August 13, 2011, 03:29:39 PM »
I bought a 1.75-5x20 Gameseeker to go on one of my 30-30s.  I know it was a cheap scope, but I've always had good luck with pentax cameras.  Anyway after 40 rounds the cross hairs have shifted sideways.  Pentax asks for $20 for repair, but i don't know if it's even worth that. The scope was good and clear when I bought it. I really liked the small scope.  What would make the crosshairs rotate?  Gameseekers must not be made to well if a 30-30 sends them to trash heap.

Online Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
Re: Pentax Gameseeker not so good on 30-30..
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2011, 03:04:41 AM »
add another 10 bucks to ship it and id probably toss it and call it a lesson.
I bought a 1.75-5x20 Gameseeker to go on one of my 30-30s.  I know it was a cheap scope, but I've always had good luck with pentax cameras.  Anyway after 40 rounds the cross hairs have shifted sideways.  Pentax asks for $20 for repair, but i don't know if it's even worth that. The scope was good and clear when I bought it. I really liked the small scope.  What would make the crosshairs rotate?  Gameseekers must not be made to well if a 30-30 sends them to trash heap.
blue lives matter

Offline Singleshotsam

• I.T. Professional
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2011, 04:53:14 AM »

Poor quality control and manufacturing meathods cause that problem...  Back that up with crappy C.S. when dealing with a company that won't fix their own defects and you see a company fixing to go bankrupt. 

A wise man once said, a successful company should have 2 of 3 attributes.

1.)  Outstanding Quality
2.)  Excellent Customer Service
3.)  Affordability.

If a business doesn't have 2 of those 3 attributes they may as well close up shop...
I'm voting 3rd party in this election by writing in Jesus Christ for president.  Sadly even if this were an option most of you would still vote Republican because "It's a two party system."

Offline Brithunter

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2011, 01:00:21 AM »
Sadly modern accounting says you rip off the customer for as much as possible then deny any problems.

First thing they do is find the cheapest place to make the items them combine shipping then mulitply X&Y by at least 1000% voila the new business practice.

Regardless whose name is on the scope it probably came out of the same factory in China as other no name brands just cost more for you to buy it.

Offline ratdog

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2011, 02:14:18 AM »
a cheap scope is not worth the money to ship plus they charge you around ten bucks up front to fix go get another one. garbage the one you got unless thy will exchange it where you bought i already did that with a bushnell banner went junk after 40 or rounds.bought at cabelas no hassle. ;D

Offline jy951

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (60)
  • Contributor
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2011, 01:15:50 PM »
I've got the same scope on a 44 mag rifle.  So far, it has been fine.  Hopefully I won't have to deal with customer service.

Offline 31 bertram

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2011, 06:55:49 PM »
I think the Pentax Pioneer was a re-badged Burris FF II and I can tell you that my FF II has been tougher than nails.  It has been proven in the field for probably 10 years or so and has been put through the wringer.  If it beaks tomorrow, it doesn't owe me a thing.  I am not for sure about the Gameseeker.

Offline mdwest

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Contributor
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2011, 01:55:46 AM »
I've seen a lot of negative reviews on the Pentax gameseekers... enough that it has made me wary of them for sure..

but that said.. Ive got a gameseeker II 3-9x40 on one of my .243's.. and a gameseeker II 4-12x40 on my 7mm WSM.. and have put a ton of ammo through each of them, hauled them around in the trunk of a car going down dirt roads, traveled hundreds and hundreds of miles with them, etc.. and havent had a problem out of either one of them yet..

Ill admit.. at this point I am a bit nervous that one is going to poop out on me at the worst possible time now..

but again, I have to give them credit where credit is due.. it hasnt happened yet.. and I have put them both through the ringer at this point.. even the heavy recoiling magnum hasnt had a bit of a problem..

Offline 31 bertram

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2011, 06:46:57 AM »
FYI- There is a post over on the 24 hour campfire forums with good feedback on a Gameseeker customer service issue.
Thanks