Author Topic: Siege gun carriage  (Read 396 times)

Offline gary michie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
    • michigun3.com
Siege gun carriage
« on: August 15, 2011, 07:00:42 AM »
Hi: ;D
I am working up a drawing of a #3 carriage to be wall art and found a artillery book saying that the stock/trail was made of two timbers 130"x11.5'x7", this does not sound right for it allso says that a #1 shock is made of  two 100"x9.5"x4.5 and I know that the beams are 92.1"x7.75"x3.8". So the trail/stock cross section for a #1 at the cheeks is 7.75 high X 7.6" wide. Does any one know what the cross section of the #3 carriage at the cheeks is ??? ??
gary
ps.the cheeks dim's do'nt seem correct either how long and tall? ??? ?
Gary

Offline Double D

• Trade Count: (3)
  • SAMCC cannon by Brooks-USA
    • South African Miniature Cannon Club
Re: Siege gun carriage
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2011, 07:38:29 AM »
One of the AOP drawing sets has references to  the lamination of beams to make all the carriages and the includes grain orientation.  Call Don Lutz and ask.

Offline Rayfan87

• Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2011, 08:13:34 AM »
Are both numbers you are talking about finished sizes or could one be before final cuts are done? Im only asking because with the oversize you mentioned it could have been the size before shaping.

Offline gary michie

• Avid Poster
    • michigun3.com
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2011, 09:23:13 AM »
you are right they are ruff cut dim's for the #3 and the 7.75x7.6 is finish for #1 I could guess, after all it is just a pic. but on the other hand all I need is those few dim's and to buy a complete set of plans for them, well, any way I need to get this done by friday
gary
Gary