Author Topic: A secret service apraisal..  (Read 904 times)

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
A secret service apraisal..
« on: August 17, 2011, 04:25:38 AM »
  Here's a secret service appraisal, from the inside.  What do you think ?
  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5INFAuM1xI
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline powderman

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: A secret service apraisal..
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2011, 05:05:14 AM »
IRONGLOW. Kinda like comparing Christians to non Christians. POWDERMAN.  :o :o
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2011, 06:13:14 AM »

Prob. just a WEE bit slanted to the right! I wonder what the SS boy's thought about JFK?

No doubt about it the Bush family members are charmers. Back when GW was Gov. of Texas and running for Prez, I was a big fan of his and did a little campaigning for him at the local level. Even got a Christmas card from George and Laura.One of those copied things that  thousands received if they supported them. Especially with a donation.

Funny thing! I haven't received so much as a (How are things with ya) e-mail since ::)

I'm sure that you could even find a few Democrat S. Service Agents to praise a Demo. Prez.
Not so sure about the O. man though ;D
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline us920669

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2011, 08:18:41 AM »
nw_hunter, There's a book out called The Kennedy Detail, written by one of the agents.  Nothing shocking or controversial, and no hint of scandalous behavior,  but Agent Blaine makes it clear that the family and the agents thought the world of each other.  Photos show some of the gifts and mementos that were given.  Jackie was especially appreciative - trusted them with her children - and they were with her constantly while she lived in New York.  Book could probably be bought for next to nothing in the used market.

What I remember most was how understaffed they were - the service was much smaller then and Kennedy's travels strained them to the max.  Long shifts on their feet with nothing to eat, having to make do with bar peanuts and nabs from a machine.

Book was written with the approval of most of the agents still alive, a few opposed the idea on general principles.

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2011, 12:53:19 PM »

Prob. just a WEE bit slanted to the right! I wonder what the SS boy's thought about JFK?

No doubt about it the Bush family members are charmers. Back when GW was Gov. of Texas and running for Prez, I was a big fan of his and did a little campaigning for him at the local level. Even got a Christmas card from George and Laura.One of those copied things that  thousands received if they supported them. Especially with a donation.

Funny thing! I haven't received so much as a (How are things with ya) e-mail since ::)

I'm sure that you could even find a few Democrat S. Service Agents to praise a Demo. Prez.
Not so sure about the O. man though ;D
  True; It appears slanted a bit right, but I doubt that to a keen observer..one who is circumspect with most reports, can read "body language" and other clues, such as college thesis papers etc..there are not likely any great surprises.
   Although nothing is mentioned concerning JFK, I had already assumed that JFK was a different situation.  JFK was a veteran, knew physical courage, understood the military/special service type life...and there is no record of him snubbing or otherwise belittling the military...he was not any part of the hippy/counter culture/self absorbed gang.
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline lakota

• Trade Count: (26)
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2011, 05:25:47 AM »
Well put IG. The democrat party of thr 60's is not the same party as the democrat party of today.
Hi NSA! Can you see how many fingers I am holding up?

Offline andy1300

• Avid Poster
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2011, 12:39:50 PM »
What a bunch of bull crap *
The less religion we have in our government, the better *

Offline powderman

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2011, 01:17:57 PM »
Well put IG. The democrat party of thr 60's is not the same party as the democrat party of today.

LAKOTA. Very true. Unlike today, 50 yrs ago even dems had morals and family values. The dem party left me many years ago. With abortion they are now the party of death. POWDERMAN.  :o :o
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2011, 05:04:23 PM »
  The Democrat party up until Harry Truman and to a slightly lesser extent JFK..was a very different breed of cat than today's Democrats.  If anyone doubts that he should consider the following hypothetical situations concerning former Democrat presidents & presidential contenders;

1) Grover Cleveland..advocating "gay Marriage".

2) Gen McClellan (later prez candidtate) insisting on "rules of engagement" which require the enemy to get "free shots" at our troops, before ours return fire.

3) Andrew Jackson  (Old Hickory)..insisting that "gays" serve openly in his military.

4) FDR.. refusing to secure our borders..

5)  Wm Jennings Bryan (Dem candidate 1896, fought evolution theory in scopes trial).. Demanding that God be exiled from public discourse.

6) Wm Jennings Bryan (the great orator)...demanding free speech be curtailed by "political correctness".

7) Horace Greely (Dem candidate 1872).. as with Obama..making sure that 42% of Americans be addicted to FOOD STAMPS.

8) )  Harry S Truman..refuses to name by name.. who our enemies are; preferring instead to refer to them by their tactics.. TERRORISM.

9)  Al Smith (Democrat and first Catholic nominated, 1928)  Campaigning to use tax money to perform abortions.

10) Woodrow Wilson.. Refusing to allow adequate oil exploration in the US..and sending billion$ to Brazil to aid their oil industry.

Now; do you think these Democrat notables would have advocated these these popular Democrat positions of today ? If you do, you must be living under a rock !  ;)   :D   ;D

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Out West
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2011, 06:31:39 PM »
MMmmmm democrats mean and disrespectful....GOPers nice folks..
...TM7

In relative terms, you got it correct TM7.
Avery Hayden Wallace
Obama Administration: A corrupt criminal enterprise of bold face liars.
The States formed the Union. The Union did not form the States. States Rights!
GET US OUT OF THE UN. NO ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT!
S.A.S.S/NRA Life Member/2nd Amendment Foundation
CCRKBA/Gun Owners of America
California Rifle & Pistol Association
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2011, 06:53:28 PM »
What a bunch of bull crap *

i agree

those dumocrats  need to  quit being so  2 faced
when drugs are outlawed only out laws will have drugs
DO WHAT EVER IT TAKES TO STOP A DEMOCRAT
OBAMACARE....the biggest tax hike in the  history of mankind
free choice and equality  can't co-exist
AFTER THE LIBYAN COVER-UP... remind any  democrat voters ''they sat and  watched them die''...they  told help to ''stand down''

many statements made here are fiction and are for entertainment purposes only and are in no way to be construed as a description of actual events.
no one is encouraged to do anything dangerous or break any laws.

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2011, 08:29:19 PM »

Neither party is the same IMO! They have both evolved into something  that doesn't even remotely resemble their former selves.My Dad voted for JFK. Had he lived (my Dad) , he would have voted for Reagan I've no doubt.He may have been fooled by the first Bush, but I don't think he would have pulled the lever for JR, and certainly not for the O man.

I think the secrete service appraisal of Paul would be a good one. One can only hope they get the chance to make that appraisal ;D
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2011, 05:42:38 AM »

Neither party is the same IMO! They have both evolved into something  that doesn't even remotely resemble their former selves.My Dad voted for JFK. Had he lived (my Dad) , he would have voted for Reagan I've no doubt.He may have been fooled by the first Bush, but I don't think he would have pulled the lever for JR, and certainly not for the O man.

I think the secrete service appraisal of Paul would be a good one. One can only hope they get the chance to make that appraisal ;D
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  NW:
  I apparently voted much as your Dad did/would have.  I started as a Democrat and voted for JFK..then dems started edging away from the constitution..demanding "gun control" after JFK got shot (JFK never advocated abridging the 2nd amendment).
  By the time 1968 rolled around, I wasn't yet tready to vote Republican, so I voted for G Wallace..in a "protest vote".
  By the time 1972 came around and it was Nixon vs the incredibly, stupidly LIBERAL G McGovern..I was ready and primed to vote Republican...which was only doubly reinforced by the bumbling, Jimmie Carter. (the "Christian" pro-abort  :o :P ).
    I have become increasingly disgusted with 'rinos' and in no way can stomach the Dems..  so it's Tea Party..and I'll likely stick with whomever they endorse in the contest.

Offline lakota

• Trade Count: (26)
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2011, 06:10:53 AM »

There is no doubt about your statements as well.
Hi NSA! Can you see how many fingers I am holding up?

Offline us920669

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2011, 01:10:13 PM »
In Reply No. 3 I mentioned a book called The Kennedy Detail, by one of the agents.  I found it and went through it again.  The book actually took shape at reunions of retired agents and many actively participated, finding old records and sharing recollections.  A few men felt honor bound not to get involved, but many who did said it helped them find cloture for something which had haunted them for the rest of their lives.  Of course, they may have had personal or institutional reasons to dress up the story, but with so many people involved, the main thrust is probably pretty accurate.

Ike addressed the men as "Agent", much as he might call someone "Lieutenant", and he kept the relationship professional.  JFK learned and used first names and often made small talk and involved the men in the life of the family.  Agents were put in sweatshirts and drafted on to touch football teams, Kennedy personally carried an armload of short sleeved shirts out to men sweating in suits under the Florida sun and gave an extra scarf to another shivering in a Washington snowstorm.  Once in Florida Kennedy was doing a little sailing.  He docked the small boat and asked four agents if they would like to take it out for a spin.  They knew nothing about sailing but he told them it was easy and they would get the hang of it.  Naturally, it immediately tipped over, hopefully in shallow water.  Kennedy roared with laughter and after just  a moment, so did they.  Agents loved Hyannis Port, since the compound had been designed for security, but Florida made them nervous, as the property backed to a public beach and open water.  JFK's Lincoln was built by Ford with no input from the Secret Service.  There was nothing bulletproof about it.  It was rated at 300hp but weighed almost 4 tons so probably not too peppy.  Jerry doesn't mention it but I bet the suspension was tuned "soft", not "high performance".

One of Jerry's war stories bears repeating.  After Dallas everyone flew back to Washington and Jerry found himself covering the back of Johnson's house, where he would spend the next few nights.  Everyone had been issued Thompsons.  They used a technique where traffic around the perimeter went one way, so an intruder ran a 50% chance of coming in the wrong way.  Double shifts were worked during presidential travel and Jerry was about half way through his second consecutive eight hour shift.  He was fighting sleep and trying not to get spooked by the shadows when he heard someone approaching from the wrong direction.  He raised his weapon (doesn't mention the safety) and when the form materialized, it was Johnson.  Jerry said LBJ turned white as a sheet when he comprehended the situation.  Think what people would be saying today if the ball had taken a bad hop on that one.

Meant to say, Jackie called the men "Mr. (last name)", was very devoted to her team and requested them for her New York period.

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2011, 01:58:07 AM »
    Today's liberal Democrats (IMO) are a coalition of misfits...just consider the groups who they advocate for and who support them.
 Problem is; when tallied up and added together, these various misfit groups about equal the number of sane, normal people. ....Then too, the Republican establishment is little better.
      the TP is our last, best hope !