Author Topic: What would the market bear.....  (Read 425 times)

Offline IvarForkbeard

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
  • Former US Navy BB stacker
What would the market bear.....
« on: August 19, 2011, 07:11:11 PM »
Need to generate a few bucks, and I know this is a bit longer than the normal "Thunder Mug" what do you guys think a fair asking price would be for this? 9" tall, 1" bore 7 1/4 inches deep. 3 1/8" at the base, 3 1/4" at the muzzle.

Former US Navy, living in West Michigan

Offline GGaskill

• Trade Count: (2)
Re: What would the market bear.....
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2011, 08:07:14 PM »
You need to figure your costs and labor and come up with the price you want.  If you get no takers (and that may be due to the product and not the price), then drop the price.  At some point, you may decide that $5 an hour is not worth your time.

Regarding the design/style, I think you should have a wider base just from stability concerns.  Otherwise it is certainly a non-traditional design which will appeal to some and not to some others.  As the Romans would have said had they spoken English, there is no explaining taste.
GG
“If you're not a liberal at 20, you have no heart; if you're not a conservative at 40, you have no brain.”
--Winston Churchill

Offline Double D

• Trade Count: (3)
  • SAMCC cannon by Brooks-USA
    • South African Miniature Cannon Club
Re: What would the market bear.....
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2011, 08:13:34 PM »
Need to generate a few bucks, and I know this is a bit longer than the normal "Thunder Mug" what do you guys think a fair asking price would be for this? 9" tall, 1" bore 7 1/4 inches deep. 3 1/8" at the base, 3 1/4" at the muzzle.

I am going to be brutally honest with you.  Your thunder mug is not marketable.  It is top heavy and unstable.  It would to easy for it fall over as it was fired.  It needs a wider base than top.

Also you post is in a very gray area that is more balck than white.   Buy telling us you need to generate bucks and asking what we think these should sell for, you imply that you are selling.  Sorry, only paid sponsors may offer things for sale on the discussion forum.