Author Topic: GOP taxes the middle class  (Read 2076 times)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
Re: GOP taxes the middle class
« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2011, 03:55:01 AM »
   Some folks lie by COMMISSION..others by OMMISSION..
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2011, 04:22:41 AM »
   Some folks lie by Commission and others by Omission..liberals do both ! 
   This whining is an excellent example of "lying by omission".  A newspaper from the closest city to me (about 45 miles) printed the story this morning. Although it is a liberal rag and headlined it with "Republicans raise taxes on middle class"..at least they had enough integrity to tell the whole story...
   The "taxes" they wanted to cut was a TEMPORARY relief from the 'payroll taxes' which are paid by those who PAY NO income taxes !  The taxes in question are FICA, Medicare, unemployment etc., things which insure the payer of benefits.
     The congress voted the break so these people could 'skate' for a time on paying for these benefits. Time has run out and  it is now time to revert back to the regular schedule..where they pay their fair share for their own benefits.
        Junior; you as well as other liberals say the taxes are going to be raised on the "middle class" !  Well, I'm retired and barely middle class..but I still pay taxes. 
   Do you think these particular middle class people should not pay any taxes, income or otherwise....or are the liberals lying when they say these people are middle class ?
       We should always check behind liberals.  Clearly, they are inclined to 'make up' facts and figures , as well as to lie by omission. 

BTW:  You must have a short memory..Obama cut our social security..remember a $250 check one time..then no cost-of-living adjustment for years.  He must have seen his inflation coming !
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline magooch

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2011, 05:24:18 AM »
I think the temporary moratorium on payroll taxes shows the desperation and extent of the panic that our lawmakers are in.  Obviously, Social Security, Medicare and other programs are dependant on these taxes and by all accounts, these programs are in very deep trouble.  How does cutting off the financing for these troubled programs help?

It was nothing but--as they say--kicking the can down the road.  And it exaccerbates the extent of the problem.  Yeah, it was supposed to give the economy a little shot, by giving working folks a little extra spending money.  I don't think it worked.  Of course the Regime has what they think is the perfect answer to all of their misguided remedies: It would have been so much worse if we hadn't done this, or that."  Sort of like trying to prove a negative.

I also realize that the Republicans in Congress were on board with this one.  I think out of self defense, knowing how the dumycrats would have used the occasion to beat them up if they had opposed it.
Swingem

Offline subdjoe

« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2011, 05:50:15 AM »
Your ob't & etc,
Joseph Lovell

Justice Robert H. Jackson - It is not the function of the government to keep the citizen from falling into error; it is the function of the citizen to keep the government from falling into error.

Offline mcwoodduck

• Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2011, 05:59:07 AM »
Subjoe,
Where did you find that nut?  Some one needs to stop smoking crack before they tuyrn on the camera. 
Clearly she does not understand that a Billionaire or Millionaire does not have all their $ in that matress, it is in property, securities, and companies.  If you take it away who will buy the the assets that are not Cash if no one has cash?

Offline subdjoe

« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2011, 06:30:20 AM »
Did you watch it to the bitter end?  At about the 3:20 mark it becomes obvious it's satire.  She does a good job of capturing the feel of the left, doesn't she?

Where did I find it?  A blog called "Chicks on the Right."

You want really weird?

Your ob't & etc,
Joseph Lovell

Justice Robert H. Jackson - It is not the function of the government to keep the citizen from falling into error; it is the function of the citizen to keep the government from falling into error.

Offline mcwoodduck

« Reply #36 on: August 22, 2011, 06:33:17 AM »
No I could only stand about 2 minutes of it before I had to turn it off.

Offline subdjoe

« Reply #37 on: August 22, 2011, 06:59:14 AM »
AH!  Jump ahead to about the 3:00 mark.  All is made clear. 
Your ob't & etc,
Joseph Lovell

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #38 on: August 22, 2011, 02:59:30 PM »
  Subdjoe;
    What I think Wooduck is saying is that..he hates to waste his time watching some crackhead stumble through their disjointed pronouncements.  I couldn't hack them very long either.

Offline sidewinder319

• A Real Regular
« Reply #39 on: August 22, 2011, 05:04:00 PM »
There are those that would lie on credit, when the truth paid cash. Really!

Offline briarpatch

« Reply #40 on: August 22, 2011, 05:23:18 PM »
No way I can watch or listen to that.

Offline KB21

« Reply #41 on: August 23, 2011, 03:55:07 AM »
Well, if democrats are so concerned with making sure the middle class doesn't get taxed, then why don't they propose legislation to abolish income taxes all together and repeal the 16th amendment and get Obama to sign it?

Offline Lost Farmboy

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #42 on: August 23, 2011, 04:06:07 AM »
  So the GOP taxes the middle class and Hillary goes to Afghanistan to teach the new government how to tax. She said we tax everything that moves and everything that doesn't move. I think that includes every class and then some.

Really I don't think the problem is not taxing enough. The problem is the wasteful spending.
A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.   John F. Kennedy

"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under" -Ronald Reagan

“So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause.”  Padme Amidala

Offline Pat/Rick

« Reply #43 on: August 23, 2011, 08:03:16 AM »
Shouldn't whichever tax advantage/loophole/law, be blamed on the lawmakers that write and pass the laws? If any one particular corporation seemingly pays less or no taxes is it their fault or the fault of those empowering?

Taxing welfare and foodstamps would be, in all fairness, real equality. Or do some just want what others have worked for? I have never once seen the word 'gimme' used to describe Freedom, Liberty, or the American dream. 

Offline subdjoe

« Reply #44 on: August 23, 2011, 08:21:52 AM »
Back in 2008, I forget why or how, California got some sort of revenue windfall.  Right away there was a division.  The Republicans in the Legislature said 'Good! We can pay off some of the debt, and get caught up."  The Democrats in the Legislature said "Oh good!  Now we can fund new programs!" (yes, I'm simplifying what was actually said, but that is the essence of the debate on what to do  with the 'windfall').
Your ob't & etc,
Joseph Lovell

Offline Junior1942

• Trade Count: (1)
    • The Frugal Outdoorsman
« Reply #45 on: August 23, 2011, 08:49:21 AM »
..... Tax cuts = economic growth and more income to the treasury is not a myth it is a fact.....
One more year of GWB's tax cuts and we'd be in the midst of Great Depression II.  GWB's tax cuts proved your statement 100% untrue.  They almost caused an economic collaspe.   

Offline mcwoodduck

« Reply #46 on: August 23, 2011, 09:30:40 AM »
See that is the problem you are not looking at the whole picture. And to use the liberal contra. It was not enough. Had it been bigger and large states , democrat controlled states not raised taxes it would have done something more.let's cut all taxes by 40% and see what happens.

Offline Mohawk

« Reply #47 on: August 23, 2011, 09:57:04 AM »
Illegal immigrants don't have to pay income taxes. Can you imagine the revenue that would produce!

Offline subdjoe

« Reply #48 on: August 23, 2011, 10:48:10 AM »
Illegal immigrants don't have to pay income taxes. Can you imagine the revenue that would produce!

If they get paid under the table, no they don't.  Neither does anyone else who gets paid under the table. If paid by payroll check, then likely there are taxes withheld. 
Your ob't & etc,
Joseph Lovell

Online JustaShooter

• Trade Count: (23)
« Reply #49 on: August 23, 2011, 04:35:54 PM »

If they get paid under the table, no they don't.  Neither does anyone else who gets paid under the table. If paid by payroll check, then likely there are taxes withheld.

True, but those migrant workers that are supposed to be doing jobs no American will do are largely paid under the table, as are the general laborers picked up in front of Home Depot and Lowes.  Given that they are working illegally there is no way to know for sure just how much local, State and Federal income tax is being lost to illegals.

Just a Shooter
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer

Anything I post in these forums is my personal opinion formed by my own interpretation of the topic.
IANAL and anything I say is not intended to be nor should it be taken as legal advice.

Offline sidewinder319

• A Real Regular
« Reply #50 on: August 23, 2011, 06:22:05 PM »
Bush tax cuts would have caused a crash?? The Prince Of Democrats JFK was credited for saving the American economy after the crash of the late 1950s. Yes, he did it by allowing major tax cuts. The economy did well after these tax cuts.  ???

Offline KB21

« Reply #51 on: August 23, 2011, 07:17:34 PM »
..... Tax cuts = economic growth and more income to the treasury is not a myth it is a fact.....
One more year of GWB's tax cuts and we'd be in the midst of Great Depression II.  GWB's tax cuts proved your statement 100% untrue.  They almost caused an economic collaspe.

Bush's spending is what almost caused an economic collapse.  Obama has just ramped up that spending. 

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #52 on: August 24, 2011, 03:59:30 PM »
  TM says:
   " Point is the debt problem should not be a Dem vs Repub problem...it is a national problem and it is a Spending AND a Taxation (and corruption) problem"...
   I agree with you  TM ..the Reps spend too much ...The Dems spend too muich by a ten-fold measure. 
      We have a spending problem...not a revenue problem!!  You should throw in with the Tea Party..that's one of their salient points..