Author Topic: President Perry  (Read 5076 times)

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
Re: President Perry
« Reply #60 on: August 26, 2011, 04:47:43 AM »
Dee, some folks are "conservative in name only".  I did a lot of research on Perry before he announced his intention to run and found that most accusations come from Ron Paul supporters.
I like Paul, but Paul is not God.    Perry still has to clarify a few points but he's not a liberal as some accuse him to be.
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #61 on: August 26, 2011, 04:54:09 AM »
Ain't that kinda what I said? Accuse him of what he's actually done, instead of "make it up as you go", or REPEAT GOSSIP?
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline us920669

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #62 on: August 26, 2011, 04:57:32 AM »
Perry is a realist and I think he really wants to be president.  Anyone who realistically wants to be president has to jump through all sort of hoops and look happy when the establishment hands him a dog biscuit.  Sad but true.  We love Paul because he doesn't play that game, but I don't think he really expects to become the president either.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #63 on: August 26, 2011, 05:02:17 AM »
  RIGHT ON, DEE !!!

Washington DC and most of the states of the union could use a good dose of TEXAS "horse sense". 
      .....It might clear their heads a bit !
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #64 on: August 26, 2011, 05:03:23 AM »
Ain't that kinda what I said? Accuse him of what he's actually done, instead of "make it up as you go", or REPEAT GOSSIP?
exactly.  that "make it up as you go" is definitly a liberal trait.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline Dixie Dude

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #65 on: August 26, 2011, 06:51:20 AM »
The only thing Bush did wrong in my opinion was the Patriot Act and invading Iraq.  Even his father said he didn't want to take down the Iraqi government in 1991 because we would have to occupy it for 20-30 years.  He said it was better to deal with the devil you know than what you don't know.  Same thing is happening in Egypt, Libya, and around the Muslim countries.  Who is ultimately going to control their governments. 

The other thing is his asking for $700 billion in bank bailout money.  He was interviewed later and he said he should have stepped in an helped only with bankrupcy of the big banks that failed.  Obama just took them over, and took over GM and Chrysler. 

Liberals can blame Bush all they want, but the dems took the senate and congress in 2006 and was over the banking and finance committees at the time of the crashes.  Lots of blame to go around not just Bush.

Obama would not have got the health care bill passed without the democratic congress and senate, nor the far left loonies he has put in judges positions. 

My paperwork has doubled since Obama took office with EPA rules, etc, state highway department rules who enforce the EPA rules.  I had a job shut down because of OSHA.  Ditch was 5'1" deep measured from center to side with a folding tape.  Over 5' it has to have shoring equipment.  Well, they finded my contractor $10,000.  I work in the natural gas pipeline industry.  36 pages of EPA forms just to run a gas line on the side of a road or in a subdivision.  We had swap sides of a road because of some rare grass on time.  Another, we had to go 25' boring under a creek because of some rare mussels.  EPA man was in the creek for hours for several days trying to find them.  Never did, but held up job.   Your natural gas bill is probably 10-20% higher because of the government bureaucracies Obama has expanded. 

Any Republican would be better than Obama.  I think even Hillary Clinton would have been better. 

Offline Dixie Dude

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #66 on: August 26, 2011, 12:09:04 PM »
Well, we just had Watergate, and Gerald Ford was president who pardoned Nixon.  Then the south was SOLID democrat.  Virtually no republican could get elected to state offices or the senate in southern states.  It wasn't until Reagan that conservative southern democrats started switching to the republican party.  So, Perry and/or Bachman might have tried to help JC for president. 

Offline mcwoodduck

• Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #67 on: August 26, 2011, 12:31:41 PM »
If you guys read what I posted a while back, it answers a lot of questions.  Bugeye seems to be the only one who read it.  Now as far as switching parties, most all the conservative democrats in the south switched when Reagan was president or shortly thereafter.  Democrats ruled the south after the Civil War because Lincoln was a Republican.  When the Dems started getting further and further left, the conservative democrats of the old south, which included Texas switched. 

Back when Alabama won the national football championship in 1992, Alabama's senator Shelby was a democrat, life long southern democrat.  Because he opposed Clinton on a lot of his issues, he was only given one ticket the the banquet at the Whitehouse honoring the football team.  Now everyone else was given 8 tickets.  Shelby said that was the last straw, he switched.  He went to the University of Alabama, etc, but he said the Democratic party, especially under Clinton went too far left.  So what, 20 years in the Republican party does not a switch hitter make.  They were probably democrats far less time in their lives than Republicans.  Reagan was a democrat until he discovered the real America in his travels, and he switched.  Even back then, there was less real divide.  Today the divide is getting bigger.

Okay, that's a little interesting, but what's it got to do with Bachmann and Perry working hard to get Jimmy Peanuts Carter elected...?

..TM7
Most people when they are young and dumb are liberal.  Once they have a few years under their belt and realize that the government is not a benevolent paernet and they realize that what they thought the Liberals stood for are the opposite, quietly change they way they vote.  Some are topic related and one single topic generates their voting trends.  Most do not realize it is not an issue at all and that 99% of what they think and believe is contrary to the Liberal Democrat adgenda.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #68 on: August 26, 2011, 02:33:59 PM »
Winston Churchill had it right:

“If you're not a liberal at twenty you have no heart, if you're not a conservative at forty you have no brain.”
  Winston Churchill quotes
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Dee

« Reply #69 on: August 26, 2011, 02:42:57 PM »

“If you're not a liberal at twenty you have no heart, if you're not a conservative at forty you have no brain.”
  Winston Churchill quotes

Here's a quote from me someone should have given Sir Winston: If you ain't sober by fifty, your a drunk, and know one should listen to you.

quotes by Dan, aka Dee

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #70 on: August 26, 2011, 04:54:33 PM »

Winston Churchill quotes

Here's a quote from me someone should have given Sir Winston: If you ain't sober by fifty, your a drunk, and know one should listen to you.

quotes by Dan, aka Dee

Dee;
 While it is true that Churchill did spend some time in his cups in later years, it did not seem to handicap his brilliance.  He commanded, wrote, painted and strategised way beyond the average.  His alcoholism is better understood when one realizes the burden he carried.  Winston Churchill suffered from bipolar syndrome..which in his time was called "manic depression".
   http://www.bipolar-lives.com/winston-churchill-and-manic-depression.html

His alcoholism was a method of "self medication"..since effective medications for manic depression were at best, not very effective.  I may wish to contend with it, but the above article was written by those who know the illness best.

Many other great people suffered from the same malady; Abraham Lincoln being one. He was unique in many respects and although we may not appreciate alcoholism..perhaps the causation of his addiction..will help to explain it.

In retirement he wrote the 6 volume set entitled "The Second War" and the 4 volume set entitled " A History of the English Speaking People"..plus completing plethora of paintings.

Offline Dee

« Reply #71 on: August 26, 2011, 05:46:44 PM »
One drunk walks to the liquor store, and one has a chauffeur. Manic Depression, bi-polar, what ever. Churchill was a drunk that England turned to in crisis. But then again Germany turned to Hitler in crisis. Churchill didn't save England. America saved England. AND France! History is full of quirky people that could write. Shakespeare being one of many. There is never an excuse for being a drunk.
As far as Lincoln being great. At what? He did the northern businessman's biding, by killing southerners whom simply wanted out of the union PEACEFULLY. He was a sodomite, and he was a bigoted racist. What's great about that? I had not heard however, that he was also a drunk.

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #72 on: August 26, 2011, 06:17:12 PM »
Dee your second to the last post hit the nail right on the head. Thank you for clearing up some of the lies folks are telling here. One hopeful thing this far in the presidential campaign is that we are getting some seemingly decent candidates. Now lets filter out the liberal parasites like Romney and company.
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #73 on: August 27, 2011, 12:11:54 AM »
 From Dee;
  " He was a sodomite, and he was a bigoted racist. What's great about that? I had not heard however, that he was also a drunk "
  I didn't say Lincoln was a drunk..when I said "suffered from the same malady", I was referring to bipolar disorder.  As far as the accusation of "sodomite"...I won't give political smears or detractor's gossip very much credence.

As Billy mentioned, far better for us to root out the liberals we have now, rather than to muck-rake the ages past.

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
« Reply #74 on: August 27, 2011, 06:00:36 AM »

................Rickie Perry fits right in....I wouldn't trust this guy as far as I could throw him.   
..TM7

Being I couldn't throw any of them there or here, it becomes a moot point. ;)
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.

Offline sidewinder319

• A Real Regular
« Reply #75 on: August 27, 2011, 07:38:20 AM »
 :-\ They have to put down some one or any one. It seems Obama has even let the left wing  fall on its sword.  This smart Game Changer whom the left touted as the most intelligent president ever has turned to mush before their eyes. If the left had a strong President they would point out his progress when discussing the candidates. They can not do that the liberal record is a mess in only 2 years. The only thing left is to attack the coming changes.  Its real bad when Lefty Dave Letterman is making jokes about OBama. ???

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #76 on: August 27, 2011, 12:08:51 PM »
What can you do ?  Obama IS a joke..     Yes, expensive and painful..but still a joke..

Offline Mohawk

« Reply #77 on: September 04, 2011, 04:24:09 PM »
Most Presidents know how many states are in the union. Just saying...... Has any President, not just the current, ever let YOU have a gun in your car, a gun to defend your home, and if the gun was used, a statutory defense in the course of you using it? Perry did. Again, he did not just take office after it's passage, HE SIGNED THEM. What has anybody else in the race signed? Perry shot a killed a coyote with a .380 that was attacking his golden lab. How many Presidents have used reasonable deadly force to defend his own? Perry did. Obviously, Perry knows the premis behind "self-defense and the common defense of others". How many candidates have done this? Not talked about it....Have done something about it!!!!